Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

OptimusWang posted:

A .308 would have punched right through his body armor :cripes:

The sniper should have said "This guy's mask is off, I just saw Oliver Queen kill some dude."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Time to rename the show.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
"You are Waridh al-Ghul, Heir of the Demon.... before the night is over, you will be Eye-BEEN al-Ghul.... Son of the Demon" :pwn:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I'm with Dig.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
So how long until this gets undone next season?

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

PaganGoatPants posted:

Time to rename the show.

Black Driver - Only one man can drive this city to safety.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

gently caress Olicity.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
He didn't just do what I think he did???

PaganGoatPants fucked around with this message at 01:59 on May 14, 2015

OptimusWang
Jul 9, 2007

PaganGoatPants posted:

LEAGUE armor.

Must be constructed from scripts and plot devices.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Did Speedy just get her wings? :v:

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
And there's Malcolm becoming head of the League of Assassins.

Oh holy gently caress. Ray's going to finally shrink.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
whoops, Ray just blew himself up.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
RIP Palmer, you died as you lived, a big goof.

OptimusWang
Jul 9, 2007

Holy gently caress Ray! :smith:

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

So is this the transition to him being GREEN Arrow?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

SO MUCH TEASING!!!!

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

So do you start pronouncing Ra's right once you get the ring?

Paradise Lost
Feb 11, 2003

kill your enemy, drink his wine, and take his women
Somewhat less lovely ending to a lovely season. I hope next one is better.

OptimusWang
Jul 9, 2007

Dacap posted:

So is this the transition to him being GREEN Arrow?

You have failed this recycling bin.

Vivek
Jun 27, 2007

"Ray died on the way back to his home planet"

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
I have no idea where they're going to pick up next season. Hope it feels more like S2 than this season.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

Zebulon posted:

So how long until this gets undone next season?

I'm guessing the newly constructed Team Arrow gets captured and Oliver has to go save them.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
It was an OK finale, which I think is made to look that much worse after the 3 hours of incredible we got last night between Flash and SHIELD...

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Everything about the last 5 minutes was bad except for Malcolm becoming the new Ra's, and that major tease with Palmer and the suit.

Also, didn't Ray sign off his company to Felicity last week? How the gently caress did they forget about that.

On the bright side, this sets a low bar for next week's Flash episode to blow finales out of the water.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
The only decisive battle it had was between Ollie and Ra's, and that wasn't very well done. It didn't seem like Ollie was a better fighter than Ra's at all, just that Ra's hesitated to kill him for some reason.

Contrast that with season 2 finale, where Team Arrow allied with the League to fight Deathstroke and his army of super-powered thugs. That sentence alone is way cooler than this finale was.

Overall, I'm glad they're at least going a different direction (at least, as far as I can tell by the ending) next season, though. Maybe a cleaner slate will help the writing.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

They somehow managed to at least acceptably tie all that together. Impressive semi-recovery.

And OMG shrinking.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I thought this season was pretty good, I could probably come up with an effortpost on how it was about Oliver's journey inward to find himself and everyone else's journey outward in how they fit in this world Oliver created, but the finale felt like a series finale if anything. My buddy and I thought that the thing that brings Oliver out of retirement is Malcolm doing some gently caress poo poo that forces him to put the mask back on.

Good season though, spotty in some spots at the beginning but kicked rear end from winter break onward

VBane
Oct 31, 2011

Scyantific posted:

Everything about the last 5 minutes was bad except for Malcolm becoming the new Ra's, and that major tease with Palmer and the suit.

Also, didn't Ray sign off his company to Felicity last week? How the gently caress did they forget about that.

On the bright side, this sets a low bar for next week's Flash episode to blow finales out of the water.

I am thinking the transfer was only in the case of his death, which everyone will now think happened because his lab is exploded and he's probably stuck being tiny.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
The crossover bits continue to be baffling and don't seem to mesh with the timelines in either show. Also this crossover is especially bad because Barry came in and took out the entire league in 3 seconds. ... So why didn't Oliver have this done months ago?!!!!!!

As has been said before, this season's plot is really incoherent. Oliver was chumped pretty easily by Ra's, but he survived, which impressed Ra's. Olivers keen spirit and his willingness to fight Ra's even though he was not the one who killed Sara showed the strength of Oliver's character and made Ra's want him to be the next Ra's... But the process of becoming the next Ra's apparently means being brainwashed into a generic 100% obedient League Drone... losing what was special about Oliver in the first place. Not to mention, the whole "you must destroy your hometown to become leader" is idiotic.

PaganGoatPants posted:

LEAGUE armor.

And that's exactly why John Diggle was useless against all the League mooks. Oh wai-

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Also this did NOT set up the big bad for season 4. All they did was name drop Damien Darhk and that's it. Not a single bit in the episode showed how dangerous him and HIVE will be in S4.

What's the over/under on Lyla getting murdered by HIVE in the S4 premiere forcing Oliver and Diggle to join up and start fighting crime again?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

You know, I bet the season ends with Barrowman being in charge of the league. He will be in the lazarus pit and monologue how it was his ridiculously long con and convoluted plan to became Ras.

Close enough. :suicide:

Scyantific posted:

Also this did NOT set up the big bad for season 4. All they did was name drop Damien Darhk and that's it. Not a single bit in the episode showed how dangerous him and HIVE will be in S4.

What's the over/under on Lyla getting murdered by HIVE in the S4 premiere forcing Oliver and Diggle to join up and start fighting crime again?

How long have they been teasing the HIV plot? Goddamn what a joke.

I liked the previous series finale episode better. Everyone dead. Oliver married into league of assassins. SHOW OVER.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

Scyantific posted:

Ra's mentioned him previously (last week, I think) and said he was a dangerous guy. Darhk is supposed to have a vast network of agents and contacts at his disposal (I guess making H.I.V.E). I thought they set it up well enough. Not ideal, but good enough.

(drat, I hate defending this show with phrases like 'good enough')

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

How the hell was that good enough? They did nothing aside from saying "oh yeah, he's dangerous."

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Scyantific posted:

How the hell was that good enough? They did nothing aside from saying "oh yeah, he's dangerous."

Just call Barry up and he can sort out the whole mess in 30 seconds. Could have probably sorted out the whole episode in a few minutes if he didn't need to talk to Wells.

Deus ex Flash.

TheLakers
Dec 1, 2007

Please ask me about my mutilated genitals, and belief in faith healing.
I hope Ray is shrunken for the entire next season of Arrow/Legends/Flash

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
WHOA! big loving explosion, luckily those were sci fi blue flames

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I just keep imagining that shot of Oliver and Felicity driving off is ten seconds before they get the text, "turn around Ray just blew up his lab and is dead."

So much for driving off into the sunset.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

The crossover bits continue to be baffling and don't seem to mesh with the timelines in either show. Also this crossover is especially bad because Barry came in and took out the entire league in 3 seconds. ... So why didn't Oliver have this done months ago?!!!!!!

Yeah, it's not like the League has any other facilities. They all sit around there. Next to their hot tub.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Paradise Lost posted:

"League armor"

Must be a better quality armor than the mooks wear.

cut to Diggle killing dozens of them with his assault rifle

edit: wait hold how how is Barrow the new Ras now? He didn't have to kill his whole city. Merlyn stop cheating the ascension rules. :argh:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 03:48 on May 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oroborus
Jul 6, 2004
Here we go again
So since Caity lotz's character is dead, is Ray dead now too? Is Legends of Tomorrow about heroes who died to quickly and them fighting in between words or something?

• Locked thread