Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WhoIsYou
Jan 28, 2009

Refractometer for making frozen desserts with fresh fruit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I thought it was a light saber

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Android Bicyclist posted:

I'm going to assume blarzgh has some back problems so this will be a very wearable brace.

Ripped my scapula from its moorings.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Call of Cholula posted:

This is probably the closest guess. Performance moped parts (kit, crank and exhaust) to turn my stupid little fart bucket into a (low-40s mph) speed machine.

Why even bother?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I loled at "performance moped".

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

:lol: you bought a Winamp skin :laffo:

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Jerry Cotton posted:

:lol: you bought a Winamp skin :laffo:

Holy poo poo you are so right.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

It really whips the auto's rear end!

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

PCOS Bill posted:

Why even bother?

Why bother with anything?

Derek of the Andes
Dec 10, 2009

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I thought it was a light saber

I thought it said Rectometer.

Gonna go measure up my butthole!

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Call of Cholula posted:

Why bother with anything?

Some things are worth bothering with.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
I shoed

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

WhoIsYou posted:

I think we all know a vibrating butt plug when we see one. Frozen fruit must make it extra fun times.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Android Bicyclist posted:

Fandango'ed tickets for this modern misandrist propaganda flick.

So excited for this.

Although now that I see a larger version of that poster, I wonder just how good an idea that mask was Tom Hardy, you're going to loose an eye if you hit a sudden bump in the road!

Had one of these today, Burger's Priest (Blue cheese bacon burger)

Blue On Blue has a new favorite as of 05:56 on May 14, 2015

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
A 'Cree' 2200 lumen torch (actually a knock-off from eBay) for :20bux:. My last one lasted two years of daily use so I'm hoping this one is as good:

A bulk lot (18 rolls) of dog poo bags, also for :20bux:, because people who don't pick up after their dogs are the worst:

An Anker Astro E5 16000mah portable charger to use when I go on holiday next month:

A DJ Tech Dif 1S V2 scratch mixer to replace the giant four channel Pioneer mixer I impulse bought last year that took up way too much space:

A Traktor Kontrol S2 Mk2 to replace my turntables:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

WhoIsYou posted:

I've got one of these

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Sappo569 posted:

So excited for this.

Although now that I see a larger version of that poster, I wonder just how good an idea that mask was Tom Hardy, you're going to loose an eye if you hit a sudden bump in the road!

It would be very painful.

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.
Boooooooooooks

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Wolf in White Van is a fantastic book. Enjoy it.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Yay, Gentleman Bastards series is terrific. Enjoy.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

cyberia posted:

A DJ Tech Dif 1S V2 scratch mixer to replace the giant four channel Pioneer mixer I impulse bought last year that took up way too much space:

A Traktor Kontrol S2 Mk2 to replace my turntables:

Can you not use the turntables through the S2? I pipe mine through my DDJ SX.

Serfer
Mar 10, 2003

The piss tape is real

WhoIsYou posted:

How does this work? (not the refractometer, how does it help with making frozen desserts?)

FistLips
Dec 14, 2004

Must I dream and always see your face?
I bought some stuff:

Fuji 60 mm macro:

Intel NUC (slim) ITS SO TINY:

And this book by Bryan Schutmaat:

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Serfer posted:

How does this work? (not the refractometer, how does it help with making frozen desserts?)

It measures the sugar content which is super important for how a sorbet freezes. Fruit will have differing sugar contents, but there is an ideal amount in a sorbet that gives you smoothest possible frozen product.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

88h88 posted:

Can you not use the turntables through the S2? I pipe mine through my DDJ SX.

Maybe? I sold my turntables and am planning to use the Kontrol for DJ'ing but also bought the mixer so I can, eventually, get at least one CDJ and one turntable just to play my existing physical media.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Sappo569 posted:

Had one of these today, Burger's Priest (Blue cheese bacon burger)

Burger's Priest! (insert Homer Simpson drooling noises)

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I bought a game show. Kinda.

Let me explain: This used to belong to a guy by the name of Art James. He was a fixture of daytime television, hosting shows like Say When, The Who, What, or Where Game, and Catchphrase. After his last show in the 80s, his last role of any particular note was the game show host in Mallrats.

From the 80s until his death in 2004, he ran a touring company that staged games for corporate presentations and conventions. Here's a promotional video for his company from around 2000 or so:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEV6SYj1UA8

What isn't pictured are the nuts and bolts that actually control everything: the relay panel that runs the lights and buzzers, and a computer running windows 3.1 that controls it and the displays. The whole system was custom-built by the electronics department at CBS. And it turns out a friend of mine is friends with the guy who built it -- he was amazed it was still around. I still haven't had a chance to set everything up yet -- It was all shipped out in four theatrical trunks -- and I'm getting ready to move to a new place, but I'll screw around with it once I get settled in.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

Let me explain: This used to belong to a guy by the name of Art James. He was a fixture of daytime television, hosting shows like Say When, The Who, What, or Where Game, and Catchphrase. After his last show in the 80s, his last role of any particular note was the game show host in Mallrats.

From the 80s until his death in 2004, he ran a touring company that staged games for corporate presentations and conventions. Here's a promotional video for his company from around 2000 or so:

What isn't pictured are the nuts and bolts that actually control everything: the relay panel that runs the lights and buzzers, and a computer running windows 3.1 that controls it and the displays. The whole system was custom-built by the electronics department at CBS. And it turns out a friend of mine is friends with the guy who built it -- he was amazed it was still around. I still haven't had a chance to set everything up yet -- It was all shipped out in four theatrical trunks -- and I'm getting ready to move to a new place, but I'll screw around with it once I get settled in.

:eyepop: I want to come to your parties.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

PCOS Bill posted:

Some things are worth bothering with.

You know, you're totally right.

New throttle assembly - I have nice grips already but the levers are rusted and ugly as sin, and the mini levers are just pieces of metal with electrical tape wrapped over them.

Temperature gauge

New pully, going to powdercoat it black. Purely cosmetic but mine is gross, because its from 1977 and sat in a barn for 30 years.

License plate bracket to mount...

Plate puller so I can continue to leave my bike in bike racks without getting a ticket.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Call of Cholula posted:

Plate puller so I can continue to leave my bike in bike racks without getting a ticket.

That seems awfully shifty.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

Call of Cholula posted:

I don't get this. Won't the cops just tow your bike? Is it legal to park an unregistered bike (or well, a bike with no license on it)?

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Call of Cholula posted:

Are you trying to say that a cop won't be able to ticket you for doing something illegal if your motorcycle doesn't have plates? Because you'll probably just get towed and additional tickets.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Its a motorcycle-for-children (a moped), and its chained to the bike rack. No, they won't tow it, they'll just keep walking.

Most cities allow mopeds to be parked in bike racks, in fact, Illinois State Law allows it. But Chicago, being the sparkly bright shiny city that it is, does not allow it. Chicago is stupid.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

Ok this is the best post I've ever seen in this thread.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Call of Cholula posted:

Its a motorcycle-for-children (a moped), and its chained to the bike rack. No, they won't tow it, they'll just keep walking.

I'm curious what makes you say that. If the cops are officious enough to ticket a moped for being chained to a bike rack they'd probably pop you for not having plates in addition to the first ticket.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer
No picture but I just bought two tickets to Avett Brothers at Red Rocks this summer.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Midnight Fleur:
Exotic wood, patchouli, and black amber are blended with sensual notes of night-blooming jasmine and vanilla orchid. The combination of these notes is bold, irresistible, and purely sensual.

Smells more like decadently fancy-pants 'haute couture' apples and spice but gently caress it's so good.

Indigo:
Moroccan tea, Kashmir wood, and black cardamom are enhanced with hints of wild fig and bergamot. These notes combine to create a captivating fragrance that transitions well from day to evening.

I don't know how to explain what it smells like beyond 'gently caress it's so good I need a full size.'

yoohoo
Nov 15, 2004
A little disrespect and rudeness can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day
Because I am a child at heart.

To go along with this:

And this:

I also bought 4 pounds of green coffee beans, an air popper, and a grinder. Time to start roasting my own coffee :science:

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

Kramer, is that you?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RGxs8jzcUo

Jokes aside, that's loving awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

yoohoo posted:

Because I am a child at heart.

How does that compare to their 12 yr old "Double Wood"?