Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

dragon enthusiast posted:

puyovs

apparently there's a scene in chicago that does locals for a handful of puzzle games though

I've actually been trying to convince people to do a puzzgame event here in Minneapolis, might just have to take a trek down there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Every fighting game is inferior to every smash title

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

mods?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I think you're in the wrong thread bucko

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Have a nice TRIP see you next FALL (off the map and die you casual scrub scum)

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Antillese
Feb 16, 2006

Mods don't make Smash any better. Project M sucks too.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
Stages banned from tournament play due to music licensing issues :freep:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tfw no fighting game tournaments to watch this weekend and Evo is only 69 days away.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- is on sale for $30 on amazon. Jump in!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- is on sale for $30 on amazon. Jump in!

Ps4 version? That's tempting

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Ps4 version? That's tempting

PS4 version is slightly more expensive at 50 dollars, 10 bucks off the list price of 60, and both versions have free shipping

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

it's not a great deal but it's decent if you were looking for a disc copy this is going to be your best chance probably unless you want pre-owned

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mango gay touchies posted:

PS4 version is slightly more expensive at 50 dollars, 10 bucks off the list price of 60, and both versions have free shipping

Ah never mind then. I have too much other junk to play right now and Splatoon is right around the corner.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The better deal right now is USFIV for Free on steam

Poco
Jul 17, 2005

....I am a Tariff Man
any imps going to combo breaker next weekend?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I was going to before my dumbass cousin had to go and get married that same weekend.

Poco
Jul 17, 2005

....I am a Tariff Man

I was going to before my dumbass cousin had to go and get married that same weekend.

rest in peace. won't get to see me make top 32 with Deejay

Kobold Sex Tape
Feb 17, 2011

can't wait to watch EVO!

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Kobold Sex Tape posted:

can't wait to watch EVO!

This.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kobold Sex Tape posted:

can't wait to watch EVO!

It's only69 days away

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

A local retro store I like to go to sometimes had a boxed copy of EVO Search For Eden for the longest time, but this year someone actually dropped the $350 dollars he was asking for it.

That person is on the road to having a pretty epic 2015

SeXReX fucked around with this message at 17:46 on May 17, 2015

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Kobold Sex Tape posted:

can't wait to watch EVO!

:D

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

SeXReX posted:

A local retro store I like to go to sometimes had a boxed copy of EVO Search For Eden for the longest time, but this year someone actually dropped the $350 dollars he was asking for it.

Intredasting.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Kobold Sex Tape posted:

can't wait to watch EVO!

it will be rad af

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Schedule update: the SoCal regionals were supposed to happen in May but they never did and it looks like they've been spun off into a 3 part tourney, one of which is happening in June (the others are after Evo). It appears to be a smaller one-day event with just USFIV, MKX, UMVC3 and GGXrd on June 6.

More importantly the Combo Breaker schedule is out and is jam packed. 15 games with brackets, plus multiple auction tourneys, plus a mystery game and random events, plus 4 throwback brackets and 5 or more commentary crews means over 200 hours of fighting games being broadcast this weekend. I'm very excited. It's also being sponsored by a variety of companies and developers in the area, which means higher quality broadcasts and some games with $10k pools.

Game List:
USFIV + Auction
MKX + Auction
KI + Auction
GGXrd
TTT2
UMVC3 + Auction
Skullgirls + Auction
Smash 4 + Auction
Melee
UNIEL
KOFXIII
Injustice
Divekick
P4AU
Lethal League 2v2

Throwbacks
Marvel Vs. Capcom 2
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 (yes!)
Vampire Savoir (YEs!)
Garou: Mark of the Wolves (due to revitalized interest after the wildly popular imp zone tournament hosted earlier this year. We did it)

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Schedule update: the SoCal regionals were supposed to happen in May but they never did and it looks like they've been spun off into a 3 part tourney, one of which is happening in June (the others are after Evo). It appears to be a smaller one-day event with just USFIV, MKX, UMVC3 and GGXrd on June 6.

More importantly the Combo Breaker schedule is out and is jam packed. 15 games with brackets, plus multiple auction tourneys, plus a mystery game and random events, plus 4 throwback brackets and 5 or more commentary crews means over 200 hours of fighting games being broadcast this weekend. I'm very excited. It's also being sponsored by a variety of companies and developers in the area, which means higher quality broadcasts and some games with $10k pools.

Game List:
USFIV + Auction
MKX + Auction
KI + Auction
GGXrd
TTT2
UMVC3 + Auction
Skullgirls + Auction
Smash 4 + Auction
Melee
UNIEL
KOFXIII
Injustice
Divekick
P4AU
Lethal League 2v2

Throwbacks
Marvel Vs. Capcom 2
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 (yes!)
Vampire Savoir (YEs!)
Garou: Mark of the Wolves (due to revitalized interest after the wildly popular imp zone tournament hosted earlier this year. We did it)

Yeah! Yeah!

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

has there ever been a good auction tournament? all of the ones i've seen just had like one good player get the characters he wants while everyone else who plays have seemingly never played the game before and they get predictably trashed. i guess the auction itself can be funny to watch, like when people went out of their way to outbid chris g on everything he wanted

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Lethal Mother loving League gently caress Yes

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

we should have a darkstalkers tournament because ive never actually played it and i want an excuse to

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sharrrk posted:

has there ever been a good auction tournament? all of the ones i've seen just had like one good player get the characters he wants while everyone else who plays have seemingly never played the game before and they get predictably trashed. i guess the auction itself can be funny to watch, like when people went out of their way to outbid chris g on everything he wanted

I think the chaos is funny but yeah they're usually lopsided and not that great to watch

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Just found out my boss will be taking a vacation day on Friday, meaning I'll be able to stream the tourney with impunity in the afternoon. Hell yeah!

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

I can't believe nobody invited me to the garou tournament

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

SeXReX posted:

that game owned pretty hard

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I think I'm going to get Street Fighter 5 when it comes out, and it will be the first Street Fighter game I've owned.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

2 days to Combo Breaker. Bring on the NaCl!!!

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

2 days to Combo Breaker. Bring on the NaCl!!!

good poo poo.

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.
lethal league? now I can't be mad about no nidhogg, shame that melee is still stinking up a slot but people still like it and everyone's entitled to fight however fits them best

I can barely wait!!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the only fail part about combo breaker is that KOFXIII is only being broadcast for top 4 and none of pool play. Ah well, there's probably only like 6 people in the tourney anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.

the only fail part about combo breaker is that KOFXIII is only being broadcast for top 4 and none of pool play. Ah well, there's probably only like 6 people in the tourney anyway

no offense to KOF lovers but watching it is like watching modern ballet, I can't work out what the gently caress is going on

serious respect to KOF players because something about those games breaks my ability to parse fighting games

• Locked thread