Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

ephex posted:

No need for that imo, Hegav is already pretty pale.

drat :D

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Carletto has been suspended for the last 2 games for ironically clapping at the ref at the end of the RM-Valencia game hahah

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

El Hefe posted:

Carletto has been suspended for the last 2 games for ironically clapping at the ref at the end of the RM-Valencia game hahah

Lol getting knocked out of the CL was probably his last match at RM then, nice move.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Ancelotti wins a league and cup double at Chelsea, gets fired the next year.

Ancelotti wins a CL and cup double at RM, gets fired the next year.

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006
I'm proud of my team Barcelona FC for reaching the CL finals! Whoooooo!

Grim Up North
Dec 12, 2011

Pedro De Heredia posted:

shameful, smdh

i will cheer for morata, quality lad

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Pedro De Heredia posted:

I think Real did quite well considering:

1. they have been running Bale out of the team all year long
2. Modric is dead
3. Benzema is Benzema
4. Bitcharito should go back to Mexico
5. Iker Casillas
6. Ronaldo is triste because known tax dodging fraud midget is clearly better this year
7. Jese died and is only now barely reaching top level again
8. they angered God and Jesus and did not apologise to the Pope

And this is just the start but I can't be arsed cause we'd be here all day.

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006
In retrospect, having a President who doesn't win leagues hire a coach who doesn't win leagues was probably not a good recipe to win the league.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Speaking of running Bale out of the team

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrATzlBFz-c

It's going to be really loving irritating when he's back scoring 30 goals for Man Utd next season.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Pedro De Heredia posted:

In retrospect, having a President who doesn't win leagues hire a coach who doesn't win leagues was probably not a good recipe to win the league.

You're taking this unusually hard my friend. All this has happened before, it's nothing new. Hell, it'll happen again and again and again and then Florentino will pass on to the big Abu Dhabi Bernabeau in the sky and maybe then Real will become a normahahahahaha, yep.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

peanut- posted:

It's going to be really loving irritating when he's back scoring 30 goals for Man Utd next season.

We're gonna get him for a swap deal with Chicharito for maximum retard too.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

peanut- posted:

same. Unless we get someone sick like Hazard in return

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp
Bale will go to City.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!
Madrid fans are insane to expect Bale to keep replicating that ridiculous Spurs form. It would be like people expecting Ramsey to have maintained his scoring rate of 1 in 2 or whatever it was. People go through purple patches, when they dip back to the norm after injuries or whatever that doesn't make them poo poo.

Even if he goes to United or Chelsea he still won't be banging them in again though, because teams won't press high up and will leave no space in behind. I am still lolling about that price tag.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Redundant posted:

Madrid fans are insane to expect Bale to keep replicating that ridiculous Spurs form. It would be like people expecting Ramsey to have maintained his scoring rate of 1 in 2 or whatever it was. People go through purple patches, when they dip back to the norm after injuries or whatever that doesn't make them poo poo.

Even if he goes to United or Chelsea he still won't be banging them in again though, because teams won't press high up and will leave no space in behind. I am still lolling about that price tag.

He cost €100m. Of course they're going to expect him to be fully sick all the time.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Put him on the left, give him free kicks and a crowd that won't harangue him for shooting from 25 yards instead of passing to Ronaldo and he'll be just as good as he ever was.

He was never much good playing on the right wing even at his best for Spurs. I don't pay much attention to Real, but didn't his real impact performances last season all come when Ronaldo was injured and he could actually play on the left?

ragle
Nov 1, 2009

Redundant posted:

Press high up and Bale will run past, stand off and he'll unleash left-footed thunderbolts. lol @ purple patch

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

ragle posted:

Press high up and Bale will run past, stand off and he'll unleash left-footed thunderbolts. lol @ purple patch
Teams have been sitting off Madrid all year and he hasn't exactly set the world on fire. Maybe that's the fear of not passing to Ronaldo or it could be that 30 yard raspers aren't exactly a great way to consistently score goals. I guess time will tell if he will ever recover that same blistering form, I maintain my "found out" stance though until he actually does something again.

I am happy to be proven wrong since at his best Bale was immense.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Save the Children says Cristiano didn't make a €7m donation after all

http://www.20minutos.es/deportes/noticia/save-the-children-desmiente-donacion-cristiano-ronaldo-2460607/0/

Apparently Cristiano is one of their spokesmen and they thank his contribution by raising awareness of the tragedy but he didn't actually gave them any money.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
hmm, messi defrauded the government, ronaldo defrauded a nation of starving homeless children

he really is taking this personal rivalry a bit too far

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

Eau de MacGowan posted:

hmm, messi defrauded the government, ronaldo defrauded a nation of starving homeless children

he really is taking this personal rivalry a bit too far

Disgusting behavior by the world's top superstars, thankfully I'm a Luis Suarez fan who we all know has never done anything wrong.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
It is mental to expect Ronaldo or Messi-like form from Bale, just like it's mental that he was valued at £100m.

ragle
Nov 1, 2009
https://twitter.com/UberFootbalI/status/598596766875971584

quote:

Gareth Bale having a bad season: 28 games: 13 goals, 8 assists.

Hazard having the best season of his career: 35 games: 14 goals, 8 assists.

Madrid are a big fail. Barcelona will win the treble, as it should be.

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006
No one is expecting Messi or Ronaldo form from Bale this year. But he's been really bad compared to last season, and he doesn't have any good excuse this year, like 'first season' or whatever. I can't even remember a game against good opposition where he's done anything.

It's not entirely his fault, since almost everyone has been terrible this year (2015, not the whole season), but he's been even worse than everyone else.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Ronaldo was as bad as bale was last night

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

These things are all relative and Madrid have scored ~40 goals more than Chelsea this season in the league. Those stats tell at best half the story and nobody would take Bale over Hazard at the moment.

stickyfngrdboy posted:

Ronaldo was as bad as bale was last night
He was. How are his knees? Have they reached Falcao levels yet?

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp
loving Real losing really pissed me of Ancelotti is a utter retard.

Now I have to watch that drug addled midget and his two minions tweedle-dee the diver, and tweedle-dum the biter, win a stupid cup against one of the weakest sides ever to make it to a Champions League final. gently caress this gay loving earth.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

PerpetualSelf posted:

Now I have to watch that drug addled midget and his two minions tweedle-dee the diver, and tweedle-dum the biter, win a stupid cup against one of the weakest sides ever to make it to a Champions League final. gently caress this gay loving earth.

Nice meltdown

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp

El Hefe posted:

Nice meltdown

Honey you haven't seen me meltdown. I wasn't typing in all caps, cursing anyone's mothers, saying the earth should swallow me now, that my team/country is hosed and wil never qualify for a tournament ever again, that i should just kill myself, that all the players should kill themselves, etc. etc. etc.

Wasn't a meltdown.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
There won't be a strike btw, the strike was suspended by some court and this weekend's games are going to be played normally.

If Barca beats Atletico they are champions.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

PerpetualSelf posted:

Agreed my friend.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

also I can't believe Irina have chosen Bradley Cooper over Ronaldo... dark times for sure

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

Hegay posted:

also I can't believe Irina have chosen Bradley Cooper over Ronaldo... dark times for sure

B Coop just made the higher offer

A girls gotta eat

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp
Cooper has a hosed up uneven face, he must have a meat hammer or some poo poo, that's my guess

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

a better question is why didn't she choose Dwayne over both these beta bitches

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Pedro De Heredia posted:

No one is expecting Messi or Ronaldo form from Bale this year. But he's been really bad compared to last season, and he doesn't have any good excuse this year, like 'first season' or whatever. I can't even remember a game against good opposition where he's done anything.

It's not entirely his fault, since almost everyone has been terrible this year (2015, not the whole season), but he's been even worse than everyone else.

He's been out injured??

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Parody Threads posted:

Cooper has a hosed up uneven face, he must have a meat hammer or some poo poo, that's my guess

lmao yeah i bet you're prettier tha him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

PerpetualSelf posted:

Messi, Suarez and Neymar are actually cool and good players and Juve are really good actually???

• Locked thread