Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FD7aKwnfGb4

Heehee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Had a game last night where a dude immediately started saying he would throw for whomever trades him a skin, when no one did he just hosed off. Somehow this broke down the game in two rounds and I ended up muting my entire team. 3 of them got competitive cooldowns by the end of it. Does this game still count at that point?

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

CortezFantastic posted:

Had a game last night where a dude immediately started saying he would throw for whomever trades him a skin, when no one did he just hosed off. Somehow this broke down the game in two rounds and I ended up muting my entire team. 3 of them got competitive cooldowns by the end of it. Does this game still count at that point?

Maybe the loss weighs less when your team has a bad "rep." I'd assume it still counts tho.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
It'd be cool if it did count less if you had disconnects and such considering how huge a disadvantage having bots are, but yeah, I doubt it.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Bohemian Nights posted:

how huge a disadvantage having bots are

hahahahaaaaaahahahhhhhHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAH

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Jeza posted:

Yeah I just love it when CT bots rush to their deaths, ignoring all orders

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Jeza posted:

Yeah, definitely gives you an edge once you master the "Hold This Position" command.

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

Whether they choose to obey the command is random though, right?

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Played a few matchmaking games after a long break. I pray to God that I'm not as bad as these Master Guardians / DMGs I keep spectating in my team. :eek:

Smol fucked around with this message at 15:05 on May 14, 2015

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

Smol posted:

Played a few matchmaking games after a long break. I pray to God that I'm not as bad as these Master Guardians / DMGs I keep spectating in my team. :eek:

No matter what rank I'm at, there's at ALWAYS at least one person on my team that makes me think "I can't possibly be as bad as this person...can I???"

Then again that person also almost always ends up having more kills than me so maybe I just have a ton of cognitive dissonance

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
I wish when the bot ignored your order to stay in spawn they would go with someone and act like a teammate.

I get that valve doesnt want to make the bots too good or else more people are going to get kicked, but making the bot ignore your orders and rushing is a bad way to do that.

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
Yall literally never had a situation where a bot was a way better solution than having some poo poo bitch on your team?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Yes, usually a bot is better than your bottom player, but sometimes bots do completely ignore commands and run to their death, sometimes carrying the bomb and escaping into the center of A site before anyone can grab it from them.

It is not a good thing.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
On the rounds where it wont listen to you as T side, I like to follow it. Sometimes it charges to its immediate death and you stop and go another way, but other times because its doing a fast rush that CT aren't expecting, it'll show you a weakness. On Dust2 I've had it charge up short and onto the plant spot in A before getting shot, showing that noone was watching short and we followed it up and took the site.

kcer posted:

Bots only get the bomb when stupid idiot dickheads drop it in spawn like the stupid idiot dickheads they are

gently caress also why are so many people allergic to the bomb? I've had rounds before where every guy is throwing it to someone else until it goes round all 4 of them and they finally throw it at me. I really don't get what the problem is being the guy with the bomb. Oh no I have to press 5 and then spend 4 seconds holding left click

Ahdinko fucked around with this message at 16:26 on May 14, 2015

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
Bots only get the bomb when stupid idiot dickheads drop it in spawn like the stupid idiot dickheads they are

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Slumpy posted:

Yall literally never had a situation where a bot was a way better solution than having some poo poo bitch on your team?

if you LEAVE your a griefer

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Ahdinko posted:

gently caress also why are so many people allergic to the bomb?

I would never drop it in spawn, but I often get rid of it on the way out as I'm usually the first guy into sites as T, so holding the bomb is asking for it to be dropped on the wrong side of a CT smoke

satsui no thankyou
Apr 23, 2011

Ahdinko posted:

On the rounds where it wont listen to you as T side, I like to follow it. Sometimes it charges to its immediate death and you stop and go another way, but other times because its doing a fast rush that CT aren't expecting, it'll show you a weakness. On Dust2 I've had it charge up short and onto the plant spot in A before getting shot, showing that noone was watching short and we followed it up and took the site.

gently caress also why are so many people allergic to the bomb? I've had rounds before where every guy is throwing it to someone else until it goes round all 4 of them and they finally throw it at me. I really don't get what the problem is being the guy with the bomb. Oh no I have to press 5 and then spend 4 seconds holding left click

its because i die like ar etard every round and actively hurt my friends if im carrying the bomb is why i play hot potato. idk about other ppl

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

Bohemian Nights posted:

I would never drop it in spawn, but I often get rid of it on the way out as I'm usually the first guy into sites as T, so holding the bomb is asking for it to be dropped on the wrong side of a CT smoke

Yeah that one makes sense, but its the people playing a game of hot potato with it in spawn that perplexes me every time. I'd go with what the guy above is saying but I've even seen our top fraggers like "gently caress you I'm not taking the bomb"

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

As a guy who never holds onto the bomb, it's because I am by the nature of my playstyle overly aggressive and thus have a decent chance at an early death. With that in mind, it is a mistake for me to bring it with me. Keeping the bomb makes me feel like I have to direct the team and in MM that is a nightmare.

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

Ahdinko posted:

Most of the time in MM I'm the one who has to try to open up the defense trying to get an aggressive pick so if I die with the bomb while doing that it's really bad. But everyone else just drops the bomb also and then they stand in spawn next to it. So my options are:

1. Carry the bomb, if I die get yelled at for dying with the bomb in a place we can't easily recover it
2. Drop the bomb onto a teammate in spawn, who will immediately drop it somewhere else most of the time
3. Carry the bomb and drop it outside the place where I'm trying to make an entry. Usually I go with this one, but often still nobody picks it up even though they come through the same way after I've opened it up and I get yelled at for dropping the bomb.

Really there's no way to win unless I ace the other team.

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

GreyPowerVan posted:

Yes, usually a bot is better than your bottom player, but sometimes bots do completely ignore commands and run to their death, sometimes carrying the bomb and escaping into the center of A site before anyone can grab it from them.

It is not a good thing.

Replace bot with "Anything under Double AK" and its basically the same

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

real dilemma posted:

Most of the time in MM I'm the one who has to try to open up the defense trying to get an aggressive pick so if I die with the bomb while doing that it's really bad.

This is EXACTLY it. Someone has to take the initiative and in MM everyone plays like a wuss/baiter/stat monster.

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

real dilemma posted:

Most of the time in MM I'm the one who has to try to open up the defense trying to get an aggressive pick so if I die with the bomb while doing that it's really bad. But everyone else just drops the bomb also and then they stand in spawn next to it. So my options are:

1. Carry the bomb, if I die get yelled at for dying with the bomb in a place we can't easily recover it
2. Drop the bomb onto a teammate in spawn, who will immediately drop it somewhere else most of the time
3. Carry the bomb and drop it outside the place where I'm trying to make an entry. Usually I go with this one, but often still nobody picks it up even though they come through the same way after I've opened it up and I get yelled at for dropping the bomb.

Really there's no way to win unless I ace the other team.

Just don't lead with bomb. If you wanna pick/lead with bomb and still want bomb, toss it in a corner, peek, go back for bomb. I lose all vibes when people lead with bomb and then die dropping the bomb in the middle of like 3 ct's

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
It's traditional in CS to resent the bomb because:

A) You might die while planting.

B) People cry at you 24/7 for not being in the right place to plant.

C) People cry at you if you die with it in an inconvenient place.

Not even leapfrogging up to scoreboard is enough convincing for some people. I don't drop the bomb in spawn. On d2, which is most of MM, I drop it at top mid and in upper tunnels and go about my business. Then I go back and pick it up if poo poo is happening elsewhere. I've never had anybody get on my case about doing it, so I recommend it.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
of course everyone here says they are an entry fragger lol

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

satsui no thankyou
Apr 23, 2011

ArfJason posted:

i never said that

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Jeza posted:

It's traditional in CS to resent the bomb because:

A) You might die while planting.

Not even leapfrogging up to scoreboard is enough convincing for some people. I don't drop the bomb in spawn. On d2, which is most of MM, I drop it at top mid and in upper tunnels and go about my business. Then I go back and pick it up if poo poo is happening elsewhere. I've never had anybody get on my case about doing it, so I recommend it.

yea

always drop the bomb in a place where you can rotate easily. its usually better than pushing with it for that rare chance of doing a crazy fast plant cause in case things go south theyll know which site its going to
on inf i always drop between banana and mid which allows me to run to either site depending on which one has been opened
if im gonna try opening a site i drop it after spawn since if i want to open its cause im in the front spawn

----------------

Geschwafel
May 10, 2006

Frank sent me.
i am best na lurk

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I do usually try to give the bomb to our worst player because they almost always play passively enough that it's safe with them.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
today i had 2 games where there were at least 3 times where a dude pushed a smoke with the bomb

----------------

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Keeping the bomb makes me feel like I have to direct the team

Jeza posted:

also this too yea

----------------

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

ArfJason posted:

I am an entry fragger :colbert:

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
I usually die more than my teammates, does that make me an entry fragger?

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Sounds like you need to step up your baiting game

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Slumpy posted:

I've had a game won 2v5 in an overtime on FACEIT, after 3-stack on my team raged out and left before round 10. Having those 3 poo poo bitches would've been way better solution than 3 bots and having to play 30 following rounds out of our minds.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

I usually die more than my teammates, does that make me an entry fragger?

It can indicate that, it can also indicate you making really stupid peeks (say, top of cat on T side when you know they're awping mid)

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

It can indicate that, it can also indicate you making really stupid peeks (say, top of cat on T side when you know they're awping mid)

but the guys who kill me when i awp make it look so easy :(

----------------

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
but yeah thats my "that loving place". i completely break down there; no matter what i do i cant ever kill people on cat when awping mid

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

ArfJason posted:

but yeah thats my "that loving place". i completely break down there; no matter what i do i cant ever kill people on cat when awping mid

why would you awp mid then, you're pretty much usless if you can't kill people on cat. T side awper has the advantage from spawn so which people CAN you kill?

• Locked thread