Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

They are gonna backtrack on the play nice policy so fast, just wait and see. SZ had it suspended at first too then once the initial launch month went past they realized no support at all made the game unplayable.

They know they cant enforce the launch with the staff cuts (or even if they had their full staff) so this was the best way to tell people to not be pussies about blackburrow KSing. Once the initial leveling push is done and the top raid guilds are squabbling over triggers they are gonna start mediating it because they wont want to upset the 1%

Vag Assault Weapon fucked around with this message at 14:14 on May 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Vag Assault Weapon posted:

They are gonna backtrack on the play nice policy so fast, just wait and see. SZ had it suspended at first too then once the initial launch month went past they realized no support at all made the game unplayable.

They know they cant enforce the launch with the staff cuts (or even if they had their full staff) so this was the best way to tell people to not be pussies about blackburrow KSing. Once the initial leveling push is done and the top raid guilds are squabbling over triggers they are gonna start mediating it because they wont want to upset the 1%

Counterpoint:

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp

Once again, I will point you to Citizen's exploiting and Daybreak's complete lack of giving a poo poo. The only surprising fact I've seen come out about all of this is the 'overcrowding' code, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's been sitting around for years as a solution to some of the stuff that happened in SoF, SoD, and UF on opening nights, which was made redundant by making tiers 1 and 2 open and the reduction in playerbase. I can all but assure you that the devs won't give a poo poo about progression once this has been poo poo out the door, baring the easiest of low hanging fruit fixes or making sure anything added doesn't apply to prog.

This server has entirely a feel of 'you asked for it, now you get it' by Daybreak, and I wouldn't be surprised if it dies even faster than Fippy and Vulak did (which was faster than Combine and Sleeper). I also wouldn't be surprised if the masochists that asked for all this poo poo and are getting it continue to torture themselves eternally for it though.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

You must not be familiar with :soe: if you think things will ever get better.

The CS team is two guys and a form-letter autoresponder. Shitfucking hellhole is the only possible outcome for this server.

Dompy Bear
Sep 9, 2004
Have you had your gin today?

jetz0r posted:

. Shitfucking hellhole is the only possible outcome for this server.

Just how I like it.

I doubt I make it to level cap before kunark, so hopefully I never see the spergy raid scene.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

https://help.daybreakgames.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/16211/kw/Play%20Nice%20Policy

quote:

There will be no first in force or engage rules arbitrated or enforced by a Game Master on any server. We believe players can resolve disputes about camps and raid bosses between each other. Game Masters will not help negotiate disputes between players and guilds.

Ragefire's DPS race rule now applies to all servers. :fap: :fap: :flashfap:

Snotty By Nature
Sep 11, 2007
Please for the love of all that is unholy let us create the most tear-inducing guild on Ragefire.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
The more I hear about Ragefire, the less I want to play on it and the more I want to play on p99.

I mean, a GM seriously came out and said the only thing that matters for loot is DPS. Good grief son.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
Ragefire really will be trash for a long time, won't it?

Not sure where my friends heard it, but they were talking about a rumor of a server being opened up to PoP, where it would be left at. Is that unfounded trash?

Because that would own.

PeetsZahut
Jul 9, 2008

Node posted:

The more I hear about Ragefire, the less I want to play on it and the more I want to play on p99.

I mean, a GM seriously came out and said the only thing that matters for loot is DPS. Good grief son.

Wasn't this how original EQ was?

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I think something like that was one of the poll options, but it didn't win.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

PeetsZahut posted:

Wasn't this how original EQ was?

While people did it, a few months after launch, Verant realized that something had to be done to have some sense of control, so they created the Play Nice Policy. Which pretty much prohibited all sorts of behavior like that, and GMs were bountiful and willing to intervene.

I'm not saying we lived in a Norrathian Utopia during the PnP days but it was definitely enforced. poo poo, back on The Rathe, Brotherhood of the Spider trained another guild in Plane of Sky, and a GM disbanded their guild because of it.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
It was enforced pretty aggressively in the player community as well. The Tribunal's bad people list on the third party forums included people who had done relatively trivial things like steal emperor crush kills.

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

Yo jetzor my druid has 3 minor, 1 lesser-median-greater-glowing rank 3 brinys, what would you suggest choosing with them? Druid is being boxed with sk-bard-wiz-necro-mage if it matters

Vag Assault Weapon fucked around with this message at 14:39 on May 14, 2015

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

It's a bit funny how that rule contrasts with the many other rules on the page, such as it being against the rules to monopolize spawns, disrupting zones via swarming or spell spamming, training, blocking doorways, and so on. As if there are enough GM resources to enforce any of that stuff.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
The only way I could see players resolving disputes with other players is via training. The game itself is no longer punishing enough to enforce cooperation.

In a world where EQ was more relevant and its population was more diverse I'd suggest flagging all endgame zones as PvP. But progression servers have always been about selling a dream, not a reality.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Node posted:

While people did it, a few months after launch, Verant realized that something had to be done to have some sense of control, so they created the Play Nice Policy. Which pretty much prohibited all sorts of behavior like that, and GMs were bountiful and willing to intervene.

I'm not saying we lived in a Norrathian Utopia during the PnP days but it was definitely enforced. poo poo, back on The Rathe, Brotherhood of the Spider trained another guild in Plane of Sky, and a GM disbanded their guild because of it.

I recall a guild on Rodcet Nife, back in late Kunark/very early Velious, that was flat banned for doing something heinous regarding Ragefire. I cannot remember it well through the mists of time, but I think that some guild legit beat them to the old Ragefire spawn, so they trained Talendor on them or something to that effect.

I genuinely hate to agree here, but this is going to be an utter train-wreck, and it is patently obvious that DayBreak is doing this out of apathy and an unwillingness to employ an CS staff. I do not believe for an instant that they think this is best for the game, just their balance sheet.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
I think whatever stance they have for rage fire has been their stance for a long time, it's just never been brought up because there's less area for disputes in modern eq. Classic will have quite a few disputes for sure, I hope anyone playing there will relay all the juicy bits to the thread.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Yo jetzor my druid has 3 minor, 1 lesser-median-greater-glowing rank 3 brinys, what would you suggest choosing with them? Druid is being boxed with sk-bard-wiz-necro-mage if it matters

I forgot how the spells are packed, but I can tell you my rough ranking for spells at each level. If you never use the 5 target AEs, charm, or other spell lines, skip them.

Plummeting Hail
Heliacal Pyre
Consuming Sunray
Beast's Bidding
Nature's Serenity

Panavida
Shieldstone Skin (You'll want one source of rk3 skin)
Blizzard Breath
Ferocious Growth

Survival of the Serendipitous
Remote Sunflash
Anabatic Roar
Frostweave Aura
Winter's Wildflame

Adrenaline Torrent
Moonbright Frost
Pellicle of the Reptile

Resurgence
Lunasoothe
Nature's Fiery Wrath
Shieldstone Blessing

This is also pretty much the list of spells I actually cast, there's a LOT of bad druid spells. Not included are the self buffs and poo poo like DS and regen, because who cares about those.

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Lots of this, <insert raid mob here>. Having said that, these guys were dorks/whiny about it.

FRAPS!1!1!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UH-Aahn7q5w

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!
They ganked the teir 2 loot out of hate but left the 75% of the zone that is teir two mobs up. Gonna kill a lot of the desire to go up there.

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

Sending a in game bronie your way for kronos jetzor, emailing you, hes going to box 4+ characters on ragefire so if I did my math right thats about 9,000$ ive sent your way

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Sending a in game bronie your way for kronos jetzor, emailing you, hes going to box 4+ characters on ragefire so if I did my math right thats about 9,000$ ive sent your way

Please send them to accounts payable and accounts receivable aka me. Thank you.

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

Test patch few hours ago, several Arx raid changes and now everybody gets full eyes wide open AAs at level 1 even if you dont have TDS. And you now also get them while shrouded because it was a hot button issue that needed addressing because everybody uses shrouds

Theyre flagged as underfoot AA technically so ragefire might not get them

Vag Assault Weapon fucked around with this message at 09:37 on May 16, 2015

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!
Yeah ragefire should only have origin and basic group aa until luclin.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
I could see progression being fun if they instanced the raids. 90% of the players who stick it out to max level will quit shortly thereafter when they realize that they aren't gonna see a raid boss for over a year.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

The Little Kielbasa posted:

I could see progression being fun if they instanced the raids. 90% of the players who stick it out to max level will quit shortly thereafter when they realize that they aren't gonna see a raid boss for over a year.

Won't happen, but I agree. Especially with the Mad Maxx/everybody KS because we can't be arsed to do customer service attitude, this would actually allow people to have fun and maybe actually kill Nagafen or something instead of him being constantly farmed by the one sperglord who boxes 15 SKs at once. This is obviously a cash grab, so maybe they should actually put some effort into getting people to play it for extended periods of time.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

What's a good server to play on, population wise? Is Vox dead, as the OP predicted? Is FV really a terrible place? My old characters are on Rathe, but they're not super great or anything.

I came back for the Ragefire beta, now I want to play Live...but probably not Ragefire.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Devorum posted:

What's a good server to play on, population wise? Is Vox dead, as the OP predicted? Is FV really a terrible place? My old characters are on Rathe, but they're not super great or anything.

I came back for the Ragefire beta, now I want to play Live...but probably not Ragefire.

Yes, it's dead. Yes, it's terrible. The Rathe is okay. Right now all the servers are going to be experiencing the summer lull, so server pops in general are going to be worse than normal.

I think the three highest population servers are Bristlebane, Xegony, and maybe Cazic? Jetz0r and I play on Xegony although usually its just to raid on Sundays.

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

If you know you want to play on live follow their advice but Ill still offer to help you out if you want to play on test, just finished pling my 6 boxes to 105 and have nothing better to do between raid lockouts of older stuff, if you see anybody on test in goon channel with Bot in their name its me, I think Im the most active goon player which is a shameful, shameful title

I also have all the stuff anybody would ever want like tradeable 50% 4 hour xp potions, LON illusions, mounts and familiars and 32 slot backpacks

Vag Assault Weapon fucked around with this message at 23:07 on May 16, 2015

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

VAG is a cool rear end dude, real shame he came along at the end of my EQ career.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

If you know you want to play on live follow their advice but Ill still offer to help you out if you want to play on test, just finished pling my 6 boxes to 105 and have nothing better to do between raid lockouts of older stuff, if you see anybody on test in goon channel with Bot in their name its me, I think Im the most active goon player which is a shameful, shameful title

I also have all the stuff anybody would ever want like tradeable 50% 4 hour xp potions, LON illusions, mounts and familiars and 32 slot backpacks

This would be a good time for me to thank you again for the necklace, VAW. Let me know if you should get any more TDS rares that you can copy or the like; that is just about my only route to gear upgrades at this point.

I could use some 32-slot bags if you can spare them, and if you have any familiars that are good for full casters, I could use that too.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

I'm not opposed to Test. I've just heard that it's pretty barren after a recent population drop.

I really want to play a class that isn't a Necro, but all the melee types seem so bland starting out. Are the hybrids good these days?

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Most hybrids are really good at a lot of things outside of the very top of the raiding scene.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Devorum posted:

I really want to play a class that isn't a Necro, but all the melee types seem so bland starting out. Are the hybrids good these days?

If by starting out, you mean the first 75 levels of the game, that gives basically no indication of how a class plays at 90+. Everyone gets lots of AAs to push, and at least one power (mana or endurance) bar to manage.

What kind of classes do you like? Do you want to raid? And how much effort are you willing to put into a class?

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

JustJeff88 posted:

This would be a good time for me to thank you again for the necklace, VAW. Let me know if you should get any more TDS rares that you can copy or the like; that is just about my only route to gear upgrades at this point.

I could use some 32-slot bags if you can spare them, and if you have any familiars that are good for full casters, I could use that too.

Send me a mail in game to Blackson with the TDS rares you need and I will see if I can get them by trading some of the rare lon illusions I have like emperor draygun. Ill send bags to that character you mail from

Devorum posted:

I'm not opposed to Test. I've just heard that it's pretty barren after a recent population drop.

There was a big population drop after people found out they werent getting newest expansion for free, but theres qualifiers that need added to that, until recently test was hugely populated because people would post on forums how you got everything for free and could have a fully raid geared character for 10 bucks so the population was better than a lot of live servers, 300-400 people in gen chat at all times, then SOE decided to stop giving the last expansion for free and big population drop, but its not dead, just not the crazy rear end size it was before

The only thing that is just 100% waste of time to play on test for is if you are wanting toraid. You wont raid, you cant raid, if you even type raid into chat Im pretty sure the game disconnects you, locks your account then sends you a taunting email.

You can play any class you want and I can pl you all the same, makes no difference at all

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Send me a mail in game to Blackson with the TDS rares you need and I will see if I can get them by trading some of the rare lon illusions I have like emperor draygun. Ill send bags to that character you mail from

There was a big population drop after people found out they werent getting newest expansion for free, but theres qualifiers that need added to that, until recently test was hugely populated because people would post on forums how you got everything for free and could have a fully raid geared character for 10 bucks so the population was better than a lot of live servers, 300-400 people in gen chat at all times, then SOE decided to stop giving the last expansion for free and big population drop, but its not dead, just not the crazy rear end size it was before

The only thing that is just 100% waste of time to play on test for is if you are wanting toraid. You wont raid, you cant raid, if you even type raid into chat Im pretty sure the game disconnects you, locks your account then sends you a taunting email.

You can play any class you want and I can pl you all the same, makes no difference at all

I don't want you to use up valuable trade bait on my account, I just thought that you might have more on copy like that necklace that you gave me. My enchanter was not a raid copy, although I wish that he was, so TDS rares are just about my only bet to improve my gear. At least I know how to play my class.

On another note, the irony is that there is no reason to *not* raid on Test. It is easier to get geared and levelled for raiding there than anywhere else, not to mention other benefits. It is true that you do not get the most recent expansion for free, but you do get up to CotF and, to be fair, no other server gets TDS for free either. I don't like it, but we at least need to be honest. Any raid guild on a live server could have their who force /testcopy and be doing the exact some content on Test the next day. You would think that a basically free server with a 200% exp bonus and all of the other benefits would be an easy sell, but somehow Test became the "goofing around" server, so end-game raiders do not go there.

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

Just send a list, I dont like or care about illusions at all, never use them, so if I can find somebody that will trade multiple rares for them I will.

The only things I have on copy myself are 3 legend loot cards, 32 slot bag, a whole lot of tradeskill junk, 10m pp and a tradeable 4 hour 50% xp potion. I didnt get the bag until recently but Ive stockpiled plenty of them by now.

And Darkhand come back to us, we cant do anything we couldnt already do but now we can do it more

Vag Assault Weapon fucked around with this message at 14:04 on May 17, 2015

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

jetz0r posted:

If by starting out, you mean the first 75 levels of the game, that gives basically no indication of how a class plays at 90+. Everyone gets lots of AAs to push, and at least one power (mana or endurance) bar to manage.

What kind of classes do you like? Do you want to raid? And how much effort are you willing to put into a class?

I get that the classes change a lot after 75 or so, but I really would rather not spend 75 levels playing a character I find to be mind numbingly boring in the hopes I enjoy it at 90. I tried a rogue, and that was the melee class that prompted my post.

I have no real desire to raid, am pretty casual, and I like pet classes and DOTs. I also enjoy being in a support role.

I leveled a warrior to the mid 40s way back when, and it was fun when I could find a group to tank for...but never terribly exciting. I've heard they have a lot more options besides "Auto-attack on. Taunt. Kick. Bash. Repeat." these days, thankfully.

The only thing that is just 100% waste of time to play on test for is if you are wanting to raid. You wont raid, you cant raid, if you even type raid into chat Im pretty sure the game disconnects you, locks your account then sends you a taunting email.

Raiding is a non issue for me. Neither is not getting expansions for free. I just want to play casually and kill monsters and such.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

Looks like test would be best for you then, if you dont know what a raid copy is look at my posts on page 205 to see what it is, basically a character with all the top raid gear, xp potions, illusions and whatever else, makes it really convenient if you dont want to poopsock for months to get gear and augs to stand a chance against TDS nameds or missions. You start at level 1 but all the stuff is put on you to use when you are ready, if Im really bored that day I can pl somebody to 100 in a day easy, but you dont need to get a raid copy for me to do it, Ill do it either way.