Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS
If any Canadian iTunes account owners would like to play Capitals a week early they can grab it here! https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/capitals-free-word-battle/id968456900?mt=8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Is that nimblebit software with actual competitive game mechanics?!

What is the world coming to.

Also the app description has an errant apostrophe in 'opponents,' you illiterate boobs.

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS

xzzy posted:

Is that nimblebit software with actual competitive game mechanics?!

What is the world coming to.

Also the app description has an errant apostrophe in 'opponents,' you illiterate boobs.

"Use strategy to defend your capital and knock out your opponent’s [capital]!"

I think this is right?

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

eeenmachine posted:

If any Canadian iTunes account owners would like to play Capitals a week early they can grab it here! https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/capitals-free-word-battle/id968456900?mt=8
Yea this is a legit fun word game that I will keep around and look forward to it coming out.

loving thank you for supporting GameCentre and not requiring a Facebook login.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

eeenmachine posted:

If any Canadian iTunes account owners would like to play Capitals a week early they can grab it here!

No thanks.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

eeenmachine posted:

"Use strategy to defend your capital and knock out your opponent’s [capital]!"

I think this is right?

Oh yeah it's right. It was just cut off on my screen on I couldn't see the end of the sentence. It's me, I'm the idiot.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Every word game you make delays Tiny Space Empires! :argh:

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.
First - Capitals is awesome.

Second. What the gently caress Heroe's and Castles - how do I start the next battle? I was just told I could upgrade my weapon (I can't I don't have enough loving runes), and now all I can do is wander around the keep wondering what the gently caress to do. Much mock internet rage.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
i love whenever the nimblebit guys post there's always a bitter goon who weakly shitposts about them. Capitals looks cool yall. Baller that it's free.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Shitposting the nimblebit guys is fun because they give as good as they get.

It's like the best part of the iOS games thread.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
Even if you aren't in Canada you can switch your store easily like this: http://www.gamezebo.com/2014/04/04/how-get-canadian-itunes-account/

I legit think that Capitals is probably the best (real) game we have made.

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!
You're lucky it's got hex grids, that's all I've got to say. You're getting to "real game" status due to technicality alone.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

marshmonkey posted:

Even if you aren't in Canada you can switch your store easily like this: http://www.gamezebo.com/2014/04/04/how-get-canadian-itunes-account/

I legit think that Capitals is probably the best (real) game we have made.

You guys made warpgate though?

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo

tuyop posted:

You guys made warpgate though?

Nope.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.

They didn't make Itsy Bitsy Big Rigs yet, so it's not really their best game.

Coldstone Cream-my-pants
Jun 21, 2007
Anyone ever get told they need iOS 7.0 or higher for an app when they're sporting 8+? I want to get my KoPP2 on and it's not letting me!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_EklQggi6w

Season 2 incoming. :toot:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The trailer really helps to establish the rich world of titty soccer.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

ahem, its called titty football

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Ghostlight posted:

The trailer really helps to establish the rich world of titty soccer.

I think that's actually a trailer of a trailer. Hopefully there's more lore in the actual trailer of the IAP. :ohdear:

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

For the person on here who did Grimrock, are there plans to include custom dungeons like the PC one?

j.peeba
Oct 25, 2010

Almost Human
Nap Ghost

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

For the person on here who did Grimrock, are there plans to include custom dungeons like the PC one?
Well, it would definitely be cool but it also would be a pretty huge undertaking - especially so since on this platform we would have to run our own servers or something for distributing the dungeons. At the moment it seems unlikely :(

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

The new Knights of pen and paper seems much less grindy. It might be the same grindy but more quest, because I haven't sit down in one area and done the same 5-10 battles in a row to move to the next area. Yet. I just doing all the side quest and it has been enough to get me through the next storyline mission.

unlurked
Jan 20, 2006

Set phasers to HURT!
Heads up for those who downloaded the original The Spatials on iPad last year, I've put it again in the App Store and updated it to the latest v2 code, so now it's on parity with the PC version. This release is more of a "thank you" for old players than anything else since it's at price parity with Steam and well, that won't go very far in the App Store.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

unlurked posted:

Heads up for those who downloaded the original The Spatials on iPad last year, I've put it again in the App Store and updated it to the latest v2 code, so now it's on parity with the PC version. This release is more of a "thank you" for old players than anything else since it's at price parity with Steam and well, that won't go very far in the App Store.

Whoo! Very cool. Will update later. Looking forward to it.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
So someone went ahead and made the closest thing we've seen to a Dark Souls like game, called Ire: Blood Memory

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id981398121

It's free so no reason not to try it. It's actually pretty impressive.

edit: gameplay video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6PIy8x1UPo

And yes the devs are aware that the UI is probably a little too obtrusive and could use some work. They're actually really responsive on the forums.

theblackw0lf fucked around with this message at 23:30 on May 15, 2015

Shadowstar
May 19, 2003

~~~~~~~~~
Bought Knights of Pen and Paper 2 based on reading this thread and I think I have a werid bug. I cannot add a 5th character no matter what I do even though I have enough gold. Has anyone else run into this? My four dudes are like level 15 and I'm starting to deal with encounters that clearly expect a full party.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Haven't seen that one yet myself. :ohdear: Maybe see if you can reach out to the devs? Paradox is a good company.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
Do you ever get more magazines on KoPaP 2? Or will that be how they release future content?

high on life and meth
Jul 14, 2006

Fika
Rules
Everything
Around
Me
My game Wrassling just got a big update that has local (same device) multiplayer and the option to change your wrassler's colour! Also a pause button and inverted arm-swinging if that's your jam.

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!

the chaos engine posted:

My game Wrassling just got a big update that has local (same device) multiplayer and the option to change your wrassler's colour! Also a pause button and inverted arm-swinging if that's your jam.

Have you thought about adding hex grids to elevate it to being a Real Game?

high on life and meth
Jul 14, 2006

Fika
Rules
Everything
Around
Me

io_burn posted:

Have you thought about adding hex grids to elevate it to being a Real Game?

gently caress.

high on life and meth fucked around with this message at 00:48 on May 16, 2015

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

Do you ever get more magazines on KoPaP 2? Or will that be how they release future content?

I believe they will be adding content that way. That why it is called the monthly edition.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
I found I'm a complete sucker for daily log in bonuses. Also, does anyone play Vega whatever? The space game? It's actually not terrible, you can take RTS-style control of the ships in battle to micromanage a bit more than your average Clash of Clans clone, and there is a bit of ship customization and base customization going on. I like it so far.

SuperSpiff
Apr 4, 2007
Mentally retardation is such a strong word.

unlurked posted:

You are a hero. gently caress the haters, I really enjoyed this game.

SuperSpiff fucked around with this message at 14:07 on May 16, 2015

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I have been playing knights of pen and paper 2 and I'm going to say do not buy it. I thought it was kinda clever at first but the humor is bad and the gameplay really drags on. I went hoping to be able to customize my team and unlock new classes for new strategies. But trying to be clever is bad idea. It just better to get a warrior, wizard, ranger, cleric, and ninja and just go full offensive. Forget debuffs, besides stun, because they deal awful unrealible damage. Just hit the button that deals the max damage you can do and heal when on low health.

I thought stuff like debuffing the enemy and deals 50 damage with fan of knives was awesome. Until it started not working a good 50% of the time. So i just went wizard and ranger who both just hit for 30-40 damage each every turn 100% of the time. I thought a debuffing ninja was cool when he was dealing 20 and then 20 damage over time to the enemy 70% of the time. Until I just gave my ninja a big hammer and he did 60-100 damage each turn.

The game play just turned into long boring battles with bad humor as your reward.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
I never saw the appeal of the first Knights of Pen and Paper. The plot was nonexistent and the combat system was boring. I need at least one of the two to be worthwhile if I'm gonna play an RPG. I did the first 4 or 5 quests then deleted it.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I hated thing before anybody else realised thing sucked
:goonsay:

Quickpull
Mar 1, 2003

We're all mad here.
Knights of Pen and Paper was a great idea but could have been executed better. It's very grindy and gets boring fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Check out this controversial opinion: I thought it was okay.