Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
The cleaning crew keeps knocking over the paper cranes on my desk every night :argh:

I only had time to play Guacamelee for a little bit last night and didn't get to mess with the other 4 games I got for free through PS+.

This morning I ran out of MiO so now my water will go unflavored. I don't actually care, nor did I really like it all that much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

My cat woke me up early this morning when I was trying to sleep as much as I could after working an extra 7 hours last night thanks to spontaneous urgent overtime. My bus came early today so I got to watch it drive away as I was still walking to the bus stop. Today I found out I was not chosen for the work project I very badly wanted to be on.

The internet on this computer is inSanELY SLOW AND CHROME IS LOCKING UP FREQUENTLY AND IT IS DRIVING ME CRAZY

At the moment I just really want a weekend with no overtime. :(

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

I love video games but I'm really bad at them.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

HOLY gently caress posted:

This, but with sex.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Our IT department is making me pick a replacement for my Blackberry now, before the S6 is availabile here.

RCarr posted:

This, but with sex.

Thankfully nobody judges you in single player mode.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

I'm too good at them because I play them so much. I should be doing something more useful with my time. :(

Except I'm horrible at multiplayer because it's boring and the 12yos always beat me and yell at me in high-pitched voices, so I never play it and so I suck at it.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Work has slowed down and now every day I am done an hour early. I want the hours, damnit!

I'm trying to sell my last clutch of snakes from last year, and every rear end in a top hat who asks about them never asks what they are eating or the genders, they right off ask what my best deal is and how low will I go to sell even one. Uh, the price is listed, rear end in a top hat, if you want the entire group I'll discount it, but one snake does not mean you get 50% off.

I want to learn to roller skate but there's only an hour session at the local rink and I don't want to be the only fat 30-something year old trying not to fall flat on her rear end.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I got two adorable guinea pigs and they don't absolutely love me right away.

The older one needs medicated drops in his ears twice a day but LOATHES being picked up.
Listen here, you fucker, I paid a lot of money for this so you're going to love it!

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I have a new co-worker who is very nice, competent, and interesting to talk to, but she does this weird thing where she chuckles after everything she says. I really hope it's just nervousness at starting a new job, because it's only going to get more noticeable and annoying from now on, and I may come to hate her for it.

I guess being a judgmental bitch counts as a first world problem? I kind of hate myself for feeling this way, but the chuckling is really weird.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

This describes my best friend except it's his own loving fault for always skipping the tutorials.
"Blah blah blah, get to the good bits... How do I do anything?"
:mad:

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Malachite_Dragon posted:

This describes my best friend except it's his own loving fault for always skipping the tutorials.

My friend who was one of my roommates throughout my undergrad is really really bad at games, even though he plays them as much or more than me. He's notorious for failing at something that the game tells you how to do multiple times because he skips most of the text and tutorials.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Cowslips Warren posted:

I want to learn to roller skate but there's only an hour session at the local rink and I don't want to be the only fat 30-something year old trying not to fall flat on her rear end.
What's to learn? Roller skating is the sort of thing you just try and then you can do it.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Well, some games do have really tedious tutorials that make you go slowly through the basics one at a time, so sitting through that to get to the bit you actually need to know can be a real chore.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Oh gently caress, seriously?

I volunteer as a foster with a cat rescue and after one kitten went to the vet yesterday, I got a note that we need to change his and his sibs' names, which are Tyrion, Jaime, and Cercei. I named them GoT because they are tiny black kittens, which are super hard to adopt, and the names are changed when they are adopted anyway! But i was told to change the name because we used those names last year. Oh, and no one in the foster group can use ANY names from Game of Thrones or Walking Dead or Scandal or any superhero movie and ESPECIALLY no Disney.

So....we should name them Inky and Blacky and Obama? Seriously? There are over 500 loving animals in the rescue, some names are going to be reused! Now when Twilight came out and every loving dog was named Bella and every white kitten was Elsa when Frozen came out, that I understand. But removing so many sources for names that might get people interested? Especially because Tyrion has a loving scar so he stands out a small bit compared to the dozen other black kittens right now in foster homes?

So you can't use the name Rick because of Walking Dead, but you also can't use any names that are in popular Disney movies, so you can name your foster kittens after colors (nope, someone already has) or famous serial killers (wait is that name also on the Walking Dead? TOSS IT), loving fine, name them after loving senators and hope someone wants a Rick Santorum. gently caress WE CAN'T USE THAT EITHER?

We had two kittens come together. Zelda was fine. Link was not.

This is a goddamn loving animal rescue, we volunteer for this poo poo, if you want to limit every name, name the goddamn animals yourself! It's not like they keep the name after adoption!

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
Name them One, Two, Three...

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.
Just use a computer generated code system in the format of three letters and four numbers, like ABC-1234. That'll give you about 175,760,000 combinations and you'll only have to throw out one or two of them if your bosses are giant loving nerds.

My FWP: I keep feeling terrible from drinking too much but I keep drinking to ease my hangover and get carried away.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
No numbers are allowed because 'they are names and names are letters.'

Maybe I should spell it out. Oneabctwodef.

My friend is whining on Facebook how he hasn't been to Disneyland in two months and it's time to go back and he misses it! Fucker, most people go to Disney once every few years if that! I haven't been since I was a kid, but now he whines too that for him to go to Disney he has to hire a housesitter to watch his pets and god it's so much money and he wants to be able to drop everything and drive over whenever he feels like it. How can you be near 40 and want to be at Disneyland every loving weekend?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Tiggum posted:

Well, some games do have really tedious tutorials that make you go slowly through the basics one at a time, so sitting through that to get to the bit you actually need to know can be a real chore.

I acknowledge this, but if you skip the text and tutorials you really have no one but yourself to blame for not knowing what is going on, what you're supposed to be doing, or how to do it :v: Also he does this for every game ever, not just the ones with tedious tutorials. If you can't be assed to read the instructions on goddamn Lego Star Wars...

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I'm just having a crappy day/evening. 2 of my favorite shows got cancelled, and I'm behind on my bills, and I need to go buy a tank of gas.

Think I might just pop a xanax and go to bed early though.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

This train is full and I need to fart.

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
My digestive system after surgery just won't work as it should.

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable

Inzombiac posted:

This train is full and I need to fart.

Then fart

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
My decrepit, duct tape filled high school had a goodbye ceremony and I wanted to hear more old people giving funny speeches on what the school was like in the 60's. But this one guy used it as an excuse to brag for 25 minutes about how he climbed Mount Everest and swam around Vancouver Island. I was sitting in the front row so it would have been awkward if I got up and left.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

I know how to play the games I play, I'm just not very good at them and my aim is loving terrible.

My latest first world problem: my boyfriend and I broke up recently and he took his 55" tv with him when he moved out and my little 32" is way too loving small now :saddowns:

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I work 13 days in a row without a day off. Or is this another "Well, America is only technically first world" problem.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I rolled the genetic dice when breeding my snakes and got mostly the standard colors, which few places want. When I called the store who buys at wholesale prices pretty much any reptile, I was told they only wanted super rare females. Which no one in their right mind would sell wholesale. So I'm stuck with five goddamn snakes that, odds-wise, should have been at least ONE nice morph.

We are maxed out at 10, loving 10 foster kittens and I want to pet and love on the new ones but they are so covered in ringworm they need to be bathed daily. But they're crying so much and desperately reaching out between the cage bars to grab us.

edit: sorry, the snakes are ball pythons, so they are not even a foot. Even as adults they won't eat cats.

Update on the three new foster kittens: I don't see any ringworm on them. The downside is still they are all about half a loving pound and miss their mom. They'd be barely weaned if she was alive/around/they weren't dropped at the shelter. So they are crying a lot and they tend to fall asleep on you if you hold them close. They have some evil sharp nails.

First world problem: I really want some of McDonald's spicy buffalo dipping sauce but I don't want any McDonald's food.

Cowslips Warren has a new favorite as of 01:31 on May 11, 2015

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Well I can think of a way one of your problems can solve your other one.

Twat Nosferatu
Aug 14, 2008

I had to go to THREE bathrooms this morning to find one with the requisite level of privacy!

FML.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I sneezed and bit my tongue and it hurts like a motherfucker.

I've got a small ulcer forming there but every "pain killing/numbing agent" that I can find always has a warning of STINGS LIKE A BITCH FOR A WHILE and I don't wanna be in MORE pain.

Also I was totally gonna buy a pressure washer this week, but the forecast is calling for rain all but maybe Wednesday.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

I named my new robot vacuum Artoo and put his head on. It's pretty fun to watch him tool around the house but the problem is he only makes the R2D2 noises when I push the button, so most of the time he just makes vacuum noises.

Oh Hell No
Oct 10, 2007

I've got the world on a string.

Just found out that my [Local Grocery Chain] gas points don't roll over into the next month. All that card-scanning for nothing :(

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
My new headset is way tighter than my old one was (this might be due to the old one's age) and it's kind of uncomfortable. The headset's loving awesome otherwise, I'm just not used to it.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

I have too much delicious food in my house. I just ate a toasted sandwich containing pork and peppercorn terrine, cheese and pumpkin and now I can't eat pâté on toast or chorizo and prawn risotto, or pumpkin soup or hummus with Turkish bread, and I want to eat them all.

mamelon
Oct 9, 2010

by Lowtax
The velcro on the flap of my messenger bag keeps inadvertently grazing my hand in the same place, feeding a rash for more than a week.

I wanna get all tatted up but this kind of thing makes worried I'll die from an allergic reaction to ink.

Twat Nosferatu posted:

I had to go to THREE bathrooms this morning to find one with the requisite level of privacy!

FML.

I work a service job where there is no employee restroom, just the small one for customers. No place to fix up my appearance / comb my hair in peace.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I've got a small ulcer forming there but every "pain killing/numbing agent" that I can find always has a warning of STINGS LIKE A BITCH FOR A WHILE and I don't wanna be in MORE pain.
I've tried all the options and the best thing I've found is a bottle of that clorasceptic spray. Anything with phenol in it, the higher percentage the better.

NarwhalParty
Jul 23, 2010
My neighbor painted actual parking spots in our lot so now I have to make more of an effort to park. I'm a terrible parker.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

I have tons of stuff I could be doing, things I've wanted to have time to do for ages, but I'm just not feeling like doing any of them today.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
I have tooth erosion.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
Today is the monthly employee lunch at work, so free food...but I usually go to lunch around 11:30 so I can steal a better parking spot and also because I usually don't eat breakfast....so now I'm hungry and have to wait another 40~50 minutes depending on how long it takes them to set out sandwiches or whatever it is this time.

Also the break room at work where this happens has weak to no cell service for me.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm very hungry but I have to stay in the office to babysit a coworker that is 7 years my senior here and 30 years my senior in age.

"There is a big difference between ten years of experience and repeating the same year ten times."

How some people never want to grow or learn eludes me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I've had an incredibly long work week, and all I've been able to think about is getting pleasantly drunk on my deck tonight. Now that I'm out here, it's really windy. Plus, I have less gin than I thought I did, but going out to get more would require putting on actual pants.

Also, I'm growing my hair out a bit, and it's at a really awkward, annoying and unflattering length right now.

Crow Jane has a new favorite as of 00:21 on May 16, 2015