Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CitrusFrog posted:

Yeah, if the combat's eating you alive just do this and have fun with it rather than tearing your hair out.

just did it. can confirm fun times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Archimago posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLRDsMwS4Vs

Time lapse video of a dude standing on a mountain. Dem clouds, man.

God, that frame rate's loving AWFUL. Jesus Christ CDPr, get your poo poo together and fix that poo poo. This game is going to suck so hard. I guess you had to downgrade EVERYTHING, didn't you? Consoles first, and of course you ruin it for us pc gamers.

Chuf
Jun 28, 2011

I had that weird dream again.
Mmm check out that next-gen Broche.

Looking as pissed off and awesome as ever.

But we still don't know what's underneath that head-wrap. :iiam:

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Robutt posted:

rentilius
Apr 21, 2010

Archimago posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv0gJ8DpUd0

As luck would have it, I just discovered this. Please don't ask where I found the link. "PC with Ultra Settings"

I haven't done a side-by-side, but it definitely looks different from the console versions at a glance.

e. what the actual gently caress does Geralt throw out of the tub at ~50s? It looks like a loving facehugger.

I like how the game looks, but the one thing I would wish for is I guess starker contrast in both the shadows and the darkness of the night. The night doesn't seem to look nearly as striking as it was in TW2. Everything seems really subtle and it's an odd style.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.

Calaveron posted:

gently caress yeah I literally just thought of that and came here to post it.
Make it so CDPR

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Robutt posted:

Another head-wrap.

Like this. Just replace Genki with Roche.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Roche looks great, any hints of Iorveth yet?

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

For those waiting on Giant Bomb, Vinny and Alex are going to be streaming Witcher 3 tomorrow starting at 2pm EST. Sure to be a good time for all.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Lava Lamp Goddess posted:

For those waiting on Giant Bomb, Vinny and Alex are going to be streaming Witcher 3 tomorrow starting at 2pm EST. Sure to be a good time for all.

Put me down for Vinny breaking the game 5 minutes in.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
And for anyone not familiar with them, Vinny has a loving magical gift for getting into ridiculous/hilarious situations in open world games by doing something that the game never intended him to. Maybe it'll be different depending on if they have something specific in mind, but I imagine it'll be a really good look at how the game handles the kind of player that likes to just run around like a madman and see what kind of chaos he can cause.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
He will ride his horse off a cliff and the game will crash.

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

I just want to nom on Merrill

rentilius posted:

I like how the game looks, but the one thing I would wish for is I guess starker contrast in both the shadows and the darkness of the night. The night doesn't seem to look nearly as striking as it was in TW2. Everything seems really subtle and it's an odd style.

That's something you can easily change to suit your fancy with ENB or SweetFX.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Slate Action posted:

He will ride his horse off a cliff and the game will crash.

That's too simple. He'll be riding his horse and go over a bucket and for some reason the physics will freak out and launch him 500 feet in the air and a mile South, somehow landing right on a giant monster and killing it instantly.

Archimago posted:

That's something you can easily change to suit your fancy with ENB or SweetFX.

There's your usual "Set the brightness until you can barely see the symbol" stuff as well in the options. Most videos probably have that stuff turned up a bit for the sake of not recording a pitch-black video that no one who isn't actually playing can even see.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I've beaten W2 to get my save the way I want it. I've upgraded my computer to hopefully play ultra at 60 fps. And here we are, with still several days to go and I don't want to play anything else. I guess there's only one thing to do. Play Witcher 1 :haw:

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

The worst part about replaying Witcher 2 is me completely forgetting about how awful that save problem is. But I'm halfway through Act 2 and jesus people were not kidding about having to play this game twice to get the full story.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
"A male character criticizing a woman for going into battle with her shirt hanging open is the "snake eating is own tail" of video game sexism" and more bitching about Yennefer. How is that guy taken seriously enough to write reviews?

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

It's pretty established that most, if not all, sorceresses are extremely vain. You don't even need to have book knowledge to know that, if you play any of the witcher games it becomes kind of apparent.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Anybody else get a super generic "Witcher 3 failed to install" error when trying to preload it?

Burns
May 10, 2008

A fellow goon buddy bought a GTX970 and he's offered me his Witcher 3 code. I have the code in my possession now. I think its for GoG but Im not sure how to activate it or do I have to wait to the 19th before Im able to use it?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Lava Lamp Goddess posted:

I don't know if my intense desire to watch Vinny play this can beat my desire to see as much as I can unspoiled. :ohdear:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

GuyUpNorth posted:

"A male character criticizing a woman for going into battle with her shirt hanging open is the "snake eating is own tail" of video game sexism" and more bitching about Yennefer. How is that guy taken seriously enough to write reviews?

He works for polygon, so he probably isn't taken seriously. Polygon is basically the dumping ground for clowns to awful for kotaku and gies is one of the worst.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Robutt posted:

The first thought I had when I saw this was "Blue Raja, master of silverware" and I hate myself.

What is up with the dude in the back though? It's like his face is made of featureless plastic.

GuyUpNorth posted:

How is that guy taken seriously enough to write reviews?

Lots of people keep viewing his articles and talking about them is probably a big part of the reason.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Burns posted:

A fellow goon buddy bought a GTX970 and he's offered me his Witcher 3 code. I have the code in my possession now. I think its for GoG but Im not sure how to activate it or do I have to wait to the 19th before Im able to use it?

Follow the instructions here: http://www.geforce.com/games-applications/pc-games/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/bundle/code-instructions

Burns
May 10, 2008

Thanks bruh.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Robutt posted:

Roche looks great. Just don't look too closely at the people behind him, one of whom is missing a head and the other is wearing pants which appear to have been textured by crayon.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

g0del posted:

Roche looks great. Just don't look too closely at the people behind him, one of whom is missing a head and the other is wearing pants which appear to have been textured by crayon.

Hahaha, holy poo poo. Didn't even notice. :eyepop:

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
So, on PC, with the exception of the tattoo getting imported from W2 saves, is there any extra stuff added between importing a save versus just answering the questions in game?

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)
This is my first time going through W2 with the tattoo. I love that Geralt gets less and less sure he wants to remove it as the game goes on.

"Are you sure?"

"I... don't know anymore."

Cheston fucked around with this message at 03:17 on May 15, 2015

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Burns posted:

You have to redeem it through the NVIDIA website.

http://www.geforce.com/FreeAdventures

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Poetic Justice posted:

So, on PC, with the exception of the tattoo getting imported from W2 saves, is there any extra stuff added between importing a save versus just answering the questions in game?

I'm wondering if the Henselt/Stennis decisions have any effect. I think Letho says he was going to go kill Henselt anyway.

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008
:dukedog:

Cheston posted:

This is my first time going through W2 with the tattoo. I love that Geralt gets less and less sure he wants to remove it as the game goes on.

"Are you sure?"

"I... don't know anymore."

There are changes to dialogue and how people react to it? I did not know this. I'll have to replay it now.

Chuf
Jun 28, 2011

I had that weird dream again.

g0del posted:

Why would your gaze ever stray from the manly, piercing glare of Broche, best and most badass of the bros?

Watching that cinematic trailer back, I am more and more impressed with whichever team it is doing the cinematics for TW3. If it's the same team doing all of them then they up their game dramatically with each one. In A Night to Remember there are multiple times I've paused and the image looks eerily similar to a photograph of an actor in costume while somehow completely evading the uncanny valley. Notably the Bruxa (?) at 0:55-1:03 and Geralt at 3:29.

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

I just want to nom on Merrill

GoldenNugget posted:

There are changes to dialogue and how people react to it? I did not know this. I'll have to replay it now.

I'm pretty sure the only ones who react to it are Triss/Philippa.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
Sile too, I think.

SkyEnzo
Mar 8, 2015

No time for the old in-out, love, I've just come to read the meter.
So I bought a GPU on amazon for the witcher n batman deal.

Did any other goon do that? If so how long did it take for them to email you the codes for the games?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

g0del posted:

Don't ruin this for me you crazy sonofabitch.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
My #1 desire for TW3 is for Roche to take off his head rag, suddenly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

Drifter posted:

Don't ruin this for me you crazy sonofabitch.

I'm pretty sure the guy closer to Roche has a head and he's just blowing on his hands to keep them warm, like you do. The textures, well :kheldragar:

• Locked thread