Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Thanks Addison Reed for making it really easy to decide who to drop when I get Kenley and Doolittle off the DL :byewhore:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

weas posted:

That noise is Kluber's buy low window slamming shut.

My staff in this one league is gonna have sooooooooo many Ks.

Kluber, Shields, Pineda, Lynn, Burnett, Syndergaard, etc. etc.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Guess who forgot to start kluber but remembered to start him all the other times.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

weas posted:

That noise is Kluber's buy low window slamming shut.

I'm glad I kept him for at least this one last game though before I shipped his rear end off so I can win K's and ERA this week.. gently caress pitchers.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Thats "Mr. Quintana" to you, Braun.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

DeepDickPizza posted:

In pitching strategy news, one of my middle relievers is A.J. Ramos, so providing that he doesn't poo poo the bed on his first save opportunity, I may now have three closers, making the decision on whether to punt saves or holds much easier. Thanks, world!!!

:toot:

Time to see if I can pick up Ziegler with my last waiver position and complete the transition?

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
My 2B situation is an abomination.
OPS instead of HR/AVG Who would you want to start:
Chase Utley
Luis Valbuena
Scooter Gennett
Joe Panik
Aaron Hill
Jace Peterson

I don't even know who has the most upside.

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy
I'd probably roll with Valbuena. He plays every day, and should be a 700+ OPS guy with decent counting stats hitting near the top of the 'Stros order.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
If his power comes back: Aaron Hill

Pure upside: Valbuena

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy

blarzgh posted:

If his power comes back: Aaron Hill

Pure upside: Valbuena

Yeah Hill is my second choice but I don't trust him. He's having a nice month though.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
It was like 2-3 years ago Hill had 25 HRs 10 Steals, .300 avg. I play AL only these days, so I'm not sure what happened.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Is Hill even playing everyday? I thought he was reduced to a bench role and the DBacks were trying to get rid of him?

Segura to the DL with a broken pinkie on his throwing hand.... I guess I'm gonna roll with Brandon Crawford now.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
Aaron Harang is unstoppable I don't believe it but I love it.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
I'm in a 10 team league, so I have tough DL decisions to make very soon.

1. When Pence is activated, who do I drop? Yelich, AJ Pollock, or one of Moustakas/Sandoval?

2. When Doolittle is activated, do I just straight drop Grilli for him? Grillis injuries and his role in a bad team make me wary of his season - long viability. Of course, the A's aren't much better right now.

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy

coronaball posted:

I'm in a 10 team league, so I have tough DL decisions to make very soon.

1. When Pence is activated, who do I drop? Yelich, AJ Pollock, or one of Moustakas/Sandoval?

2. When Doolittle is activated, do I just straight drop Grilli for him? Grillis injuries and his role in a bad team make me wary of his season - long viability. Of course, the A's aren't much better right now.

I'd lose Yelich probably. Not sure about your closer question, can you package Grilli in a trade?

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

weas posted:

I'd lose Yelich probably. Not sure about your closer question, can you package Grilli in a trade?

Yelich was one of my keepers ( it was a team I inherited that had Miggy and Springer and gently caress all else for a third keeper.) But he doesn't really seem to be much better than he was last year.

I should try and trade a closer, my SP have been lame with Tyson Ross and Teheran.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
A Kimbrel for Lincecum trade happened in my league today. The person who traded Kimbrel away is an idiot who has a history of making dumb trades so the only thing that surprised the rest of us is that it took him this long to do something stupid.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Doltos posted:

Guess who forgot to start kluber but remembered to start him all the other times.

sup bro

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Sweet Tyson Ross wasted. Im having super bad luck with pitcher starts this week :(

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

the_american_dream posted:

Sweet Tyson Ross wasted. Im having super bad luck with pitcher starts this week :(

He just struck out Ramos :confused:

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
FIRST POMPEY NOW MICACH JOHNSON IM RUNNING OUT OF SB LOTTERY TICKETS!

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
HmmmMmMMmmm
Should I start JA Happ tonight? I am still trying to find something in his peripherals to make me doubt him (besides his name).

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

someone tell me how much correa's going to own

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
It is reasonably safe to give up on Jay Bruce now, correct? I thought he could be a good reclamation project, but he's been even worse this year.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Hopefully a lot. Earlier this week when he was called up to AAA, I was somehow able to snag him. I was amazed that he was available in my league with two NA slots. I'm guessing nobody expected him to make it up this year but the Lowrie injury plus the fact that the Astros have gotten off to an improbably hot start will expedite the process.

EDIT: Regarding Correa, obviously.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Public Service Announcement: Don't be suckered in by Tim Lincecum. He will only break your heart.

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy

Twin Cinema posted:

It is reasonably safe to give up on Jay Bruce now, correct? I thought he could be a good reclamation project, but he's been even worse this year.

Bruce has always been one of the streakiest hitters in baseball, and he has hit SOME homers at least. If your league is shallow (3 OFs) I could see moving on, but I would personally try to keep him on my team on the bench if possible.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Pussy Boss posted:

Public Service Announcement: Don't be suckered in by Tim Lincecum. He will only break your heart.

He's like the girlfriend I can't give up on :qq:

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

weas posted:

Bruce has always been one of the streakiest hitters in baseball, and he has hit SOME homers at least. If your league is shallow (3 OFs) I could see moving on, but I would personally try to keep him on my team on the bench if possible.

And even when you consider that he's not a guy who hits for a high average, he's not going to bat under the Mendoza line for much longer. I'd venture one of those hot streaks is coming up sooner rather than later. He's been hitting the ball pretty hard and just not seeing the results outside of some dingers. He's a guy I'd probably hold onto through a hot streak and then see if I could try and move him. I certainly wouldn't drop him outright at this point in the season.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Jay Bruce's swing is all hosed up, I would keep him on the bench until he has some sort of epiphany.

JackssWastedLife
Oct 30, 2006

So in my keeper league I'm way in front and can spare a bench spot on Correa.

What are your guys thoughts on Addison Russell vs Correa? I have Russell starting in my MI spot right now, and the league doesn't have all that many keeper spots (5). As the year goes on and if Correa comes up I'll probably try to trade one of them, but who do you guys think holds a higher ceiling long term?

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Rand alPaul posted:

He just struck out Ramos :confused:

At the time i thought the game was going to be postponed :downs:

JackssWastedLife
Oct 30, 2006

the_american_dream posted:

At the time i thought the game was going to be postponed :downs:

I was shocked to see that game was played, honestly. Weird weather day for Southern California all around.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
So is it sell high time on Pineda or are we supposed to believe in him? 'cause I just got offered Ellsbury for him and I need me some steals.

edit: Like I know he's good for real, but is he Ellsbury good?

DannoMack fucked around with this message at 23:13 on May 15, 2015

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy

DannoMack posted:

So is it sell high time on Pineda or are we supposed to believe in him? 'cause I just got offered Ellsbury for him and I need me some steals.

edit: Like I know he's good for real, but is he Ellsbury good?

Take that deal in a heartbeat. Pineda is very good but he isn't top 25 overall good.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
In the least surprising news ever:

Patrick Saunders @psaundersdp posted:

Waiting for word on #Rockies Tulo. Left the game after last AB.

Looked like he was grabbing thigh area, but it was very quick. No way to know right now.

:sigh:

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Loving ESPN's more realistic ownership percentages.I guess the 1% of leagues where Trout isn't owned are NL only leagues or gimmick leagues that reward bad players?

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates

Rand alPaul posted:

Loving ESPN's more realistic ownership percentages.I guess the 1% of leagues where Trout isn't owned are NL only leagues or gimmick leagues that reward bad players?

Possibly also leagues that got created but never actually drafted, or someone just ragequit and cut their whole roster, or whatever.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

"Kenley Jansen goat a 4-strikeout inning and I forgot to activate him from the DL" crew checking in :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

The Pussy Boss posted:

This post brought to you by the 2011 season, 2012 season 2013 season 2014 season.

• Locked thread