Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Requesting fat and happy animals native to North America, please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bumblefuck!
Jan 20, 2007

Went back to the shelter to meet some of the recent acquisitions.

Here's Crackerjack, yelling at me for doing anything other than petting him.

This is Carmel. He does this exact same look to everyone who walks past, which is probably why he was just adopted already.

Then there's Mango, who I assume is called that because he's orange and bulbous.

Frankie, presumably in the middle of counting all the gold she's hoarding in her little cave

Here's my favorite of the bunch: they call him Kitty Big Paws, which is an appropriate name. He's missing a leg, has polydactyly, and is absolutely massive.

He's also super friendly, and will leap onto your lap the second you sit down, which can be a little rough, because he's 22" from nose to butt and weighs 20lbs.

As you might imagine, he's got big paws. He only has 3 feet, but he's still got 17 toes.

And finally, the obligatory footage of Frankie being cute and weird. She's feeling a bit better, so she was up and around a lot more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVdlryk12-Y

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

I am gonna be a crazy cat lady because I want to adopt all fo the cats.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
Tiny chameleon hatching and taking its first steps :kimchi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf34k0kh0uQ

E: also Bumble, was Frankie always snorting because of that sinus infection or is it just a natural thing? The most recent vid didn't sound like she had the snorts so much but still has the grumpy nyarms when she eats...glad she's feeling better and coming out more :)

BOOTY-ADE has a new favorite as of 01:08 on May 15, 2015

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer

Choco1980 posted:

*cat stares in deep, intense confusion*
"huh, you don't seem very interested".

Hey, man, I know my cat. :colbert: That was him going "......well, that's a thing."

Bumblefuck!
Jan 20, 2007

Ozz81 posted:

E: also Bumble, was Frankie always snorting because of that sinus infection or is it just a natural thing? The most recent vid didn't sound like she had the snorts so much but still has the grumpy nyarms when she eats...glad she's feeling better and coming out more :)

She snorts because she has some congenital sinus issues, but that results in her being more susceptible to sinus infections and the like, which leads to even more snorting.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy

Bumblefuck! posted:

ZOMG KITTIEZ

I giggled like a maniac for this entire post.

MANGO

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

I've never seen anybody so thrilled to get snubbed by the cat

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
AUGH I WANNA HUG KITTY BIG PAWS SO BAD.

My friend has a tripod cat, but it's the back driver's side leg that's missing and not one of the front ones. He's just got a lil nub there. Still big loving cat. Think he weighs like 15lbs. Head's a little smaller than a 360 controller.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Ozz81 posted:

I am digging the super intense music. BIRTH

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

This is me whenever I meet a new cat.

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

I don't have any pictures from the meeting, but earlier this week me and my girlfriend got to see the possums again! They're getting bigger (and meaner) But they're all still alive and doing wonderfully!

We also got to bottle feed a brother/sister pair of baby raccoons and it was the most adorable thing I've ever experienced in person :3:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Oh I remember this when it came up in the guinea pig PI thread a few years back. Someone was selling that armor on eBay and the little dude just looked so drat regal in his little scale-male coat too :allears:.

I actually had one of the other listing images saved because I posted it in the thread.

edit:It was sold as a charity auction, and earned $1,100. So there's some uplifting as well as cute.

Neddy Seagoon has a new favorite as of 06:15 on May 15, 2015

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Oh my god I am cracking the gently caress up over here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COGehsaDkM0

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

:stonk:
:3:

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Del Monte Python. :3:

In other news, my nephew has used the power of Lego to transform his guinea pig Ingot into a BATTLE PIG! :black101:

I am given to understand that BATTLE PIG has carried Lego Darth Vader into combat several times. And has run with him under the couch several other times.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Oh my god I am cracking the gently caress up over here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COGehsaDkM0

Ahahah this is amazing

well HECK Phil
Feb 25, 2010
Toilet Rascal

Hmmm. Blizzard is really coming up short with their new in-game mounts these days.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

AUGH I WANNA HUG KITTY BIG PAWS SO BAD.
Same. Just lookit dat handsome catte! :3: Humbly requesting more Kitty Big Paws footage.

Powered Descent posted:

Del Monte Python. :3:
I can't believe I didn't think of this. :golfclap:

EDIT: Oh right, content: Well here's a dog walking a pony.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Nordick posted:

It looks like someone blowdried them both. :kimchi:

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

Nordick posted:

Which one's which?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

RedneckwithGuns posted:

I don't have any pictures from the meeting, but earlier this week me and my girlfriend got to see the possums again! They're getting bigger (and meaner) But they're all still alive and doing wonderfully!

We also got to bottle feed a brother/sister pair of baby raccoons and it was the most adorable thing I've ever experienced in person :3:

I am clearly seething with jealously. :3:

She's beauty, she's grace...

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Most adorable dog & pony show ever.

Mr.Chill
Aug 29, 2006

Foxhound posted:

Some guy caught some really weird fish.

Someone please tell me the story on this.
Why won't they stand up.
They just lie there like fat smug losers.
Those little hooves sticking up in the air as he wheels them around.

EDIT: n/m found it http://blogs.discovery.com/animal_oddities/2011/12/deer-avoid-drowning-by-boarding-charter-boat.html

Mr.Chill has a new favorite as of 17:22 on May 15, 2015

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Plethora posted:

Someone please tell me the story on this.
Why won't they stand up.
They just lie there like fat smug losers.
Those little hooves sticking up in the air as he wheels them around.

Basically - while deer can swim really far distances - they get tired.

http://blogs.discovery.com/animal_oddities/2011/12/deer-avoid-drowning-by-boarding-charter-boat.html

edit - that's what I get for not refreshing I guess.

Mr.Chill
Aug 29, 2006

Tony Phillips posted:

Basically - while deer can swim really far distances - they get tired.

http://blogs.discovery.com/animal_oddities/2011/12/deer-avoid-drowning-by-boarding-charter-boat.html

edit - that's what I get for not refreshing I guess.

thank you anyway, tho.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Pokémon doesn't want to be caged:

https://i.imgur.com/e45kLpS.gifv

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011

whiteyfats posted:

Requesting fat and happy animals native to North America, please.

My backyard possum :3: He just left his momma and he falls out of his sleeping bush all startled every time I take the trash out. Dumb babies.

I left him a banana even though I know you shouldn't feed them.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Feed the possum. Domesticate the possum. Make it your minion.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I've seen that opossums can be domesticated to about the level of outdoor-only cats. ie if you feed it enough it'll learn not to run away when it sees you, and probably get rid of a lot of smaller pests in your yard, but don't go expecting cuddle-time.

*note: Please don't do this. Opossums are wild animals.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Choco1980 posted:

I've seen that opossums can be domesticated to about the level of outdoor-only cats. ie if you feed it enough it'll learn not to run away when it sees you, and probably get rid of a lot of smaller pests in your yard, but don't go expecting cuddle-time.

moonsour
Feb 13, 2007

Ortowned

Choco1980 posted:

On the other hand you have a better chance of getting bit by a shark than catching rabies from an opossum* (I don't know the real statistic). It can't survive in their body. So you could do much worse when it comes to wild animals that won't leave the backyard.

**They are still wild animals and should never be treated as pets or intentionally fed.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Little girl gets some frozen pancakes made and holy crap her reaction is amazing.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Mocking Bird posted:

My backyard possum :3: He just left his momma and he falls out of his sleeping bush all startled every time I take the trash out. Dumb babies.

I left him a banana even though I know you shouldn't feed them.

HOORAY

DOUBLE HOORAY :3:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Haruharuharuko posted:

Little girl gets some frozen pancakes made and holy crap her reaction is amazing.

I get it, "frozen" pancakes.

Bumblefuck!
Jan 20, 2007

Kitty Big Paws loves to be held, which, due to his aforementioned hugeness, is almost always awkward and difficult.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

• Locked thread