Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

SkyEnzo posted:

So I bought a GPU on amazon for the witcher n batman deal.

Did any other goon do that? If so how long did it take for them to email you the codes for the games?

"We will send you an e-mail with the free The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt redemption code within 7-10 business days after the product ships with instructions to redeem."

http://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=11136935011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

GoldenNugget posted:

There are changes to dialogue and how people react to it? I did not know this. I'll have to replay it now.

There's not much extra, and it's all contained within the option to remove it (once per act). I wouldn't replay for it unless you already wanted to make a tattoo save.

The Sharmat posted:

My #1 desire for TW3 is for Roche to take off his head rag, suddenly.

I'm really hoping that before he officially shows up, he's repeatedly in the background, not wearing the head rag and not speaking, doing espionage stuff that you won't notice. It'll be like the Matryoshka doll containing Triss in Act 2.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

SkyEnzo posted:

So I bought a GPU on amazon for the witcher n batman deal.

Did any other goon do that? If so how long did it take for them to email you the codes for the games?

I bought my card on 5/7 and I have prime so I got the card on 5/9 and I got my codes on 5/12

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

The Sharmat posted:

My #1 desire for TW3 is for Roche to take off his head rag, suddenly.

I too want his long flowing locks to flow free.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Surely Roche is not Cars, hiding very dense pile under that turban wrap.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Comte, please confirm or deny that the wrap was a bland design decision in 2 and is now a source of terrible animosity within the studio re: what is under it.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
If I can't bro out with Roche again Witcher 3 is failing me, sorry elf terrorists there's an objective right choice in Witcher 2 and that's 'hang with Roche and tell Iorverth to eat a boner'.

SkyEnzo
Mar 8, 2015

No time for the old in-out, love, I've just come to read the meter.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

If I can't bro out with Roche again Witcher 3 is failing me, sorry elf terrorists there's an objective right choice in Witcher 2 and that's 'hang with Roche and tell Iorverth to eat a boner'.

I chose Iorverth in Witcher 2 so will play it the way I chose first. After that though will roll with Roche. Even though I killed him at the end of Witcher 2 I still found him to be a cool bro and want to see what he does in Witcher 3 when he's on your side.

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

I just want to nom on Merrill

SkyEnzo posted:

I chose Iorverth in Witcher 2 so will play it the way I chose first. After that though will roll with Roche. Even though I killed him at the end of Witcher 2 I still found him to be a cool bro and want to see what he does in Witcher 3 when he's on your side.

You killed Roche? You're a monster.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Mr E posted:

I too want his long flowing locks to flow free.

:allears:

additionally, I hope Ves is in Witcher 3. She's the real badass of the Blue Stripes

Lord Lambeth fucked around with this message at 05:33 on May 15, 2015

SkyEnzo
Mar 8, 2015

Archimago posted:

You killed Roche? You're a monster.

Reeeealllly loving tough decision that was. He was such a cool bro but my mindset was "Its the last fight you have to kill him".

I miss him already and havent hanged out with him in Witcher 3 yet. Im happy with the path I chose but still miss the big guy.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

When the hell do you get the option to kill Roche?!?

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
You don't. He means Letho.

SkyEnzo
Mar 8, 2015

Suspicious posted:

You don't. He means Letho.

Yup. My bad.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Lord Lambeth posted:

:allears:

additionally, I hope Ves is in Witcher 3. She's the real badass of the Blue Stripes

That was my first thought, but also Cars from JoJo.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Man I thought I forgot a lot about Witcher 2 for a minute there.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I also will be picking the 'kept Letho alive' choice even though I killed that fuckstick in my game because who goes all the way through all that and doesn't put his sword in that guy's head?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Dude, but he's a SNAKE Clan witcher. That's pretty badass.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Roche is probably bald as gently caress

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Depths posted:

It'd be funnier if instead he just had a super lovely receding hairline, patchy hair, and a gigantic bald spot and he covers it up because it immediately makes him look a thousand times less intimidating.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Depths posted:

Roche is bald but with a little tuft of hair above his forehead.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Letho was a cool dude but come on, he hosed up real bad, can't have the Witcher rep be tarnished by that. Either kill the king right or don't do it all, buddy :colbert:

Speaking of cool rear end Viper Witchers, I hope since 3 seems to have Nilfgaard as such a focus we get more of them. They have a whole group of assassins with a special fighting style called 'Kingslayers', I want to hang out with those guys if we're going to bastard-town anyway.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

The Sharmat posted:

My #1 desire for TW3 is for Roche to take off his head via Geralt's sword

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I saved Saskia in my game which meant Letho rescued Triss so I figured fighting him would be rude.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Orv posted:

I'm pretty sure the guy closer to Roche has a head and he's just blowing on his hands to keep them warm, like you do. The textures, well :kheldragar:
Nope, he has no head and no hands :colbert: Crayon-pants also appears to have really pronounced cameltoe.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

g0del posted:

:colbert: Crayon-pants also appears to have really pronounced cameltoe.

Go big or go home.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

Lycus posted:

Roche is bald but with a little tuft of hair above his forehead.

Does that pattern even actually exist? I've never seen it in real life but the preview videos make me feel like it's every fifth guy in Temeria.

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

I just want to nom on Merrill

Cheston posted:

Does that pattern even actually exist? I've never seen it in real life but the preview videos make me feel like it's every fifth guy in Temeria.

Apparently it does, yes. :v:

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Cheston posted:

Rob Corddry during his Daily Show years.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Sharmat posted:

Lots of people keep viewing his articles and talking about them is probably a big part of the reason.

Ideally everyone uses Adblock so they can view his lovely articles but still deny him revenue.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
As I understand it, the story to this game is mostly self contained? Cause I like these games, but have a problem with completing games in general completing them (Nothing on them, just me), and I don't feel much like forcing myself to complete W2.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
I mean that kind of just depends on how much you care about knowing every little piece of information about the world/politics/lore. The game doesn't require you to have played W2, but it'll obviously help. Just watch one of the hundred lore/summary videos that are out there, or read this:

VDay posted:

Kotaku did a beginner's guide to the world of the Witcher. I haven't read the whole thing yet but the one they did for DA:I was pretty good and if nothing else it'll probably be a good reminder of things if you haven't (re)played Witcher 2 recently.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Any word on how the Polish translation will hold up? I don't speak a lick of Polish, but after beating W1 and W2 numerous times, decided to play through both in Polish...many more times. And I thoroughly enjoyed it. But with Charles Dance in the English version, i'm guessing the went all out on English and now Polish is the "localization." Is there a Polish Charles Dance?

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I also will be picking the 'kept Letho alive' choice even though I killed that fuckstick in my game because who goes all the way through all that and doesn't put his sword in that guy's head?

He's another Witcher who got pressed into some shady bullshit because he was trying to help out his friends and pay off his debts. He's another Geralt, trying to stay out of poo poo but getting forced to do some heavy lifting. Killing him makes the whole thing neat and tidy for the fuckers behind the job. Screw that man, sow some loving chaos, let Letho go.

Orv
May 4, 2011

g0del posted:

Nope, he has no head and no hands :colbert: Crayon-pants also appears to have really pronounced cameltoe.

Let me introduce you to our two great new technologies, vertebra and elbows! They'll change the world man. :raise:

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name

chaosapiant posted:

Any word on how the Polish translation will hold up? I don't speak a lick of Polish, but after beating W1 and W2 numerous times, decided to play through both in Polish...many more times. And I thoroughly enjoyed it. But with Charles Dance in the English version, i'm guessing the went all out on English and now Polish is the "localization." Is there a Polish Charles Dance?

Nah. I'm Polish and prefer the English cast. Doug Cockle has really grown into the role. Also it seems to me that the script for W2 was written in English and only then translated into Polish. Lotsa lines sound weird, the rhythm is off.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

To prepare for the Witcher 3, I decided to watch a couple of episodes of the TV show on YouTube a couple of hours ago. Please don't make the same mistake I did. It was...an experience.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Vanderdeath posted:

To prepare for the Witcher 3, I decided to watch a couple of episodes of the TV show on YouTube a couple of hours ago. Please don't make the same mistake I did. It was...an experience.

There were warnings pages ago. I heeded them for good reason.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Vanderdeath posted:

Yeah, I thought that would be a hoot. Now I don't know where I left my car keys, it's been three days since I blinked, I'm pretty sure the neighbors dog ate my cat and I can't stop hearing this horrible accent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
The Witcher movie (and TV series which is basically the extended movie cut in parts) always end in the top 5 worst things to ever come out of Polish TV/cinema lists nowadays. They are unbearably bad.

Before the movie came out the main screenwriter gave a few interviews saying Sapkowskis' prose is not really fit for the screen so he did his best to improve it. And what an improvement it was.

• Locked thread