Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Ometeotl posted:

I did the thing

This owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Astro7x posted:

I honestly wonder if one of these would work if you can track one down. I was in a weird situation in college where the WiFi in the dorms didn't support the Nintendo DS, so I had to buy this dongle to get it online.

It worked with the Wii too, but they haven't updated the software on ti since 2008 so who knows.

Edit: nevermind, looks like it supports the 3DS, but not the Wii U

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/687/~/how-to-grant-permission-to-connect-to-the-nintendo-wi-fi-usb-connector

Funny thing I still have 2 of them. Depending on what year you brought it the adapter doesn't work on Windows 7. The first one I had only worked on Windows Vesta and XP and couldn't update pass the 1.05 ver of Nintendo Wifi. The second one needed the firewall to be down to work. Man I miss using that thing for Mario Kart DS and Pokemon Battle Revolution.

Edit: Clearly the better quadruped.

Jarogue fucked around with this message at 07:04 on May 15, 2015

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Astro7x posted:

I honestly wonder if one of these would work if you can track one down. I was in a weird situation in college where the WiFi in the dorms didn't support the Nintendo DS, so I had to buy this dongle to get it online.

It worked with the Wii too, but they haven't updated the software on ti since 2008 so who knows.

Edit: nevermind, looks like it supports the 3DS, but not the Wii U

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/687/~/how-to-grant-permission-to-connect-to-the-nintendo-wi-fi-usb-connector

The software was a piece of poo poo that didn't work half the time.

Though I do have fond memories of one rare working round of Metroid Hunters multiplayer with it. Some poor soul was so busy standing still and watching a hallway for my approach that he didn't notice I was standing behind him and aiming at his head with Trace's sniper rifle :allears:.

The Correct Team. :colbert:

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 07:08 on May 15, 2015

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Ometeotl posted:

I did the thing

The only thing that matters.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Ometeotl posted:

I did the thing

All is right in the world.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
What are you gonna do when they rotate the factions after a week?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Continue to kill filthy dog lovers, forever.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Is Splatoon strictly Cat/Dog, or is it going to be like Everybody Votes where one week it's pets and then the next week it's "Soda" vs "Pop"?

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Argue posted:

Is Splatoon strictly Cat/Dog, or is it going to be like Everybody Votes where one week it's pets and then the next week it's "Soda" vs "Pop"?

The latter, though I don't know know if they confirmed it being weekly.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Argue posted:

Ometeotl posted:

The latter, though I don't know know if they confirmed it being weekly.

I think it's just a periodic event. And once the cat-lovers are dead and buried, the Poppers are next :toughguy:.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
It's not even cats v dogs outside of NA - PAL-land has rock vs pop and JP has the ultimate battle, rice vs bread.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
pop tarts vs toaster strudel

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

noirstronaut posted:

pop tarts vs toaster strudel

That's no contest.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Mr E posted:

That's no contest.

Yeah Pop Tarts are loving disgusting.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Rad Valtar posted:

Yeah Pop Tarts are loving disgusting.

Well both aren't great.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Waluigi vs Luigi

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
pop luigis vs toaster waluigis

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

The Splatoon competitions look to be inkredibly irregular (they said in the direct to watch the Vocalimariod tv show with the notifications) and i'm pretty sure Cat V Dog is June 5th->6th

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man
Pretty sure it's June 20th

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
I don't think we'll be sure until they announce it in-game. Until then it's just mere speculation, but they did say it was sometime at the end of June.

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man
No, I'm pretty sure they gave specific dates and times.

Yes, they did

Edit:

For the first one anyway.

I hope you have to lock in your team before the event starts so people can't just pick the winning team when it's almost over.

skeletronics fucked around with this message at 10:37 on May 15, 2015

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

skeletronics posted:

Pretty sure it's June 20th

Ah, misread that entirely in the direct, it is june 20th-21st 6am PT to 6am PT, I must have been reading it at 6/5 or 6/6 at 20:00

skeletronics posted:

I hope you have to lock in your team before the event starts so people can't just pick the winning team when it's almost over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQsZPYB0vMw
timestamp: 30m30s
Looks like the winning team is only cosmetic and the titles / addslot snails that you earn are sole-ly based on how many points you earn for your team ranking your character up during the splatfest.

zolthorg fucked around with this message at 10:42 on May 15, 2015

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man

zolthorg posted:

Looks like the winning team is only cosmetic and the titles / addslot snails that you earn are sole-ly based on how many points you earn for your team ranking your character up during the splatfest.

Oh that's much better. It seemed lovely to have half the players get dicked out of an upgrade because they essentially lost a coin flip.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Team dawgs

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
team dug til i die

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
team rock, gently caress team pop.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

As a representative for Team Dog I would like to formally endorse Team Rock

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I'd go with rodents but siding with Team Dog against Team Cat is the next best choice

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I fully support Team Pop in the argument of Team Pop vs Rock since Rock died a long time ago

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Rock isn't dead, it's just that it has achieved a level of perfection that many fall behind.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
So kinda like a lot of dead rockstars

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Bread Set Jettison posted:

As a representative for Team Dog I would like to formally endorse Team Rock

I fully support Team Rock Dogs

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
Team Dog all the way! Also, don't let Judd count those votes, he's totally biased! :colbert:

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Golden Goat posted:

I fully support Team Rock Dogs

My man

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I wasn't gonna get Splatoon right away but now I have to just to prove that team cat is way better than team dog. :arghfist::mad:

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Kaubocks posted:

I wasn't gonna get Splatoon right away but now I have to just to prove that team cat is way better than team dog. :arghfist::mad:

Don't spend $60 just to pick a loser

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Kaubocks posted:

I will fight roll you over to prove you're wrong.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Kaubocks posted:

Kaubocks: Likes Kid Icarus but all his other opinions are just not correct

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Moreeeeee splatooooon

https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/599206352184049664

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Tweet deleted

*edit:

quote:

Download the #Splatoon Global Testfire software in the #WiiU #eShop to play some multiplayer Turf War action on 5/23 from 3-4 p.m. PT!

• Locked thread