Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Ok, so guy's a massive tool and is as bad or worse than the very people he criticizes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

Calax posted:

His "show" just becomes a Circlejerk with monte around how NA/EU are terrible and the only good League being played is in Korea, and their third person (if they have one) tries to defend their position, usually just giving up after Thooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooorin keeps right on bashing and ignoring what the guest says and monte backing his points.

At least that's the impression I got from watching three or four of the shows.

This is why the best episode is the 2nd one with Forgiven, who was perfectly willing to argue Monte and Thoorin up the wall and drive them crazy.

Flappy Bert fucked around with this message at 04:24 on May 15, 2015

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
stixxray has poo poo positioning, he'll fit in well on CLG

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

We've come up in the ram-raiding business, Owl.
It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.
He always strikes me as something a shock jock, baiting out page views and such by being an rear end in a top hat or obnoxiously contrarian (or both!). I've never watched Summoning Insight with him and Monte (3 hour video? gently caress right off) but his rants have the occasional glimmer of actual insight on certain subjects, his CLG piece after they loving bombed in playoffs was pretty on point and actually short for once.

His interviews do manage to get some interesting pieces of information out of players and other esports professionals but the actual questions them self are painfully long and almost come off as a stream of consciousness as he almost dives off into tangents half way through.

I've had his piece about link running in the background while I do other things and he mostly seems concerned with pointing out inconsistencies in his accounts and questioning why Link didn't take on an actual leadership role if he felt that he knew exactly what to do etc. Pretty much all the stuff we've covered ourselves in the thread so far.

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.
Thoorin would take an hour to explain what he had for breakfast and why it wasn't the right fit for CLG.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Bubble-T posted:

Thoorin would take an hour to explain what he had for breakfast and why it wasn't the right fit for CLG.

And that TSM is poo poo.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

KicksYouInHalf posted:

The pick/ban from that game was really bad for misfits. Yas/Alistar made it really rough for the twitch to do anything. Not to mention the Urgot has the free 'you do less damage because I hit you' passive and can also press R to get the twitch.

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.

Calax posted:

And that TSM is poo poo.

Then I poo poo out my wheaties, right, later that day, ok, and the poo poo spelled some letters, are you with me, the letters T-S-M

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

KicksYouInHalf posted:

Until he valks into the middle of the team and gets blown up instantly he can't replace doublelift

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013
Chauster's post was pretty funny. It seemed like the most accurate viewpoint but it was sprinkled with the classic Chauster "I'm a loving god" "top loving percentage" "blue side strats" stuff. I hope we get a Hotshot essay soon.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Crumbz baron steal :o:

Previous Jesus posted:

Chauster's post was pretty funny. It seemed like the most accurate viewpoint but it was sprinkled with the classic Chauster "I'm a loving god" "top loving percentage" "blue side strats" stuff. I hope we get a Hotshot essay soon.

God drat I love Chauster

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

Killed By Death posted:

Crumbz baron steal :o:

That's his second of the series too

Allaniis
Jan 22, 2011
If you've never read Chauster Q&A on the Clg forums, then you were missing out.

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Allaniis posted:

If you've never read Chauster Q&A on the Clg forums, then you were missing out.

I totally forgot about his AMA there. He answered questions for his entire career, the thread had 2000+ pages. It was really fun to read especially right after a tournament.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Watching sneaky's stream and Incarnation asks "What's Mia? It's a girls name right?" after everyone was saying that the midlaner was MIA in chat.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Calax posted:

Watching sneaky's stream and Incarnation asks "What's Mia? It's a girls name right?" after everyone was saying that the midlaner was MIA in chat.

Watching Sneaky's stream just makes me wish Aphro could be life-rafted off of CLG and join C9 and move Lemon to coach.

Lemon is already the best coach in NA and Aphro has so much fun when he plays with Sneaky. You can hear the joy in his voice.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
So in all sincerity I was watching the oldschool pro stuff and remember being dazzled by M5's Shyvanna but was Chauster as good as he seems? Like I'm failing to remember him doing anything other than having a gigantic ego now. I seriously can't remember him doing anything exceptional other than getting shifted around in roles like eight times

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Chauster was pretty drat good in his day, yeah. That day was like when barely anyone played compared to now, but still.

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.

Servaetes posted:

So in all sincerity I was watching the oldschool pro stuff and remember being dazzled by M5's Shyvanna but was Chauster as good as he seems? Like I'm failing to remember him doing anything other than having a gigantic ego now. I seriously can't remember him doing anything exceptional other than getting shifted around in roles like eight times

If I remember correctly, Chauster wasn't world class, but he was "pretty good" at both jungle and support, and was "pretty good" immediately, with a good champion pool

EDIT: I could be misremembering his jungling tho!

The Mattybee fucked around with this message at 06:38 on May 15, 2015

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

Servaetes posted:

Chauster was an amazing support and ADC who mainly suffered because his support as ADC was Elementz (who was good at coming up with new tech, but literally anyone could run it better then him) and his tenure as support was paired with Doublelift (which is like trying to play two characters in LoL at once except one randomly stops listening and bum rushes the jungle tank and goes to farm wraiths as 3 are dying mid.). The fact CLG was considered strong in the bottom lane during both eras is by and large Chauster throwing the other on his loving back and carrying the poo poo outta bot lane.

He was an awful jungler but some portion of that is probably Hotshot and Link both being really passive laners and Chauster trying to be a really aggressive jungler. He was the squarest of pegs trying to shove his fat square rear end through an extremely tight round hole. Either way he didn't really 'get' jungling (as most players who move to the position usually don't right away) and was probably the weakest link on that CLG team.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

His ADC is what I remember as being good, especially Ezreal.

This is all you really need to remember though:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XndUg019MXY

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

CODChimera posted:

His ADC is what I remember as being good, especially Ezreal.

This is all you really need to remember though:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XndUg019MXY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XcZkfbm9CY

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Nostalgia used to be so much better.

30 for 30: Counter Logic Gaming

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

http://www.twitch.tv/scarra/v/5035620?t=2h11m8s

Scarra talking about Link basically saying "Link was the hardest worker on the team. Everyone else would just treat scrims as the only time they really did research and be serious about the game." Also that in his view people were expecting a lot more out of coaching staff.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

The thing I'm getting most from this drama is the reinforcement of the idea that Hotshot 100% should not be in control of a team. Holy poo poo, that team environment sounds like a total hell-prison for talent and motivation.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
man, the best thing about CLG drama is you know there's always gonna be some more next split. it's a gift that keeps on giving.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Korean Promotionals starting now with IM vs Winners!

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

PlaceholderPigeon posted:

Korean Promotionals starting now with IM vs Winners!

Featuring Apple vs Potato :allears:

Ignar looks pretty ok, better than Avalon at least

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Killed By Death posted:

Featuring Apple vs Potato :allears:

Ignar looks pretty ok, better than Avalon at least

Avalon ruined WFX :(

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
TusiN is a surprisingly competent jungler! Though, given his penchant for agressive roaming supports its not that big of a gulf.

IM looking pretty solid as the gatekeepers of OGN

VVV Yeah, Doa and Monte aren't in Korea yet I think

PlaceholderPigeon fucked around with this message at 09:55 on May 15, 2015

Mashed Potato
Aug 29, 2008
Is Chobra solo casting this OGN promo tourney?

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

Calax posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/scarra/v/5035620?t=2h11m8s

Scarra talking about Link basically saying "Link was the hardest worker on the team. Everyone else would just treat scrims as the only time they really did research and be serious about the game." Also that in his view people were expecting a lot more out of coaching staff.

Reminder that Scarra is very close to Link and every other source ever has suggested link is not hard working.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

That Gnar ult on the stealthed Rengar :holymoley:

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
So Ignar is pretty good - looks like WFX missed out on a solid support.

Also Apple just blind Gnar ulted an invisible top lane rengar to kill him.

IM are doing that thing where they look like a competent team again - we'll see how long it lasts though

PlaceholderPigeon fucked around with this message at 11:25 on May 15, 2015

Yuran M. Bazil
Jun 20, 2008

It's a lot easier to look competent against a challenger team

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Ignar is pretty good at alistar

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

That 5 man Alistar pulverize from Ignar, taking cues from Kiwikid I see

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

PlaceholderPigeon posted:

So Ignar is pretty good - looks like WFX missed out on a solid support.

Also Apple just blind Gnar ulted an invisible top lane rengar to kill him.

IM are doing that thing where they look like a competent team again - we'll see how long it lasts though
It isn't that Winterfox missed out on a good support, it's that a good support jumped off the loving Avalon titanic boat. he refused to play for WFX the second Avalon was announced as their top laner because he knew that Avalon literally had his ranking because his brother and friends carried him in korea. They were as good off with Avalon as they were with Kaceytron.

e: they tried to spin it like he was having visa issues so Gleeb was filling in, but he actually refused to come to American because of Avalon.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 12:26 on May 15, 2015

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Killed By Death posted:

That 5 man Alistar pulverize from Ignar, taking cues from Kiwikid I see

There aren't other supports like KiwiKid, just KiwiKid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

Flameingblack posted:

It isn't that Winterfox missed out on a good support, it's that a good support jumped off the loving Avalon titanic boat. he refused to play for WFX the second Avalon was announced as their top laner because he knew that Avalon literally had his ranking because his brother and friends carried him in korea. They were as good off with Avalon as they were with Kaceytron.

His leaving was still preventable if WFX had just kicked Avalon though. - or not picked him up in the first place. But that would require WFX to have good management, yeah.

• Locked thread