Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

afen
Sep 23, 2003

nemo saltat sobrius

GramCracker posted:

I demand you post more of your blue thing. Now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

God drat that car is sexy.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

This is the best blue thing.

tobu
Aug 20, 2004

Bunny-Bee makes me happy!

Shrapnig posted:

The driving position was literally crippling me.

12 mile/20 minute drive to work and by the time I got there my right leg would be almost numb. Nothing I did with the seat helped so I crawled back into a(305 horsepower) Subaru.

Holy poo poo the pedal position is loving terrible. I'm driving a twin-air with the 5 speed Dualogic and my right calf is all sorts of hosed up from just switching between the throttle and brake pedals. If this thing had a clutch pedal it would be completely undriveable.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!
Divine.

Echotic
Oct 20, 2013
I just swapped this

For this

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Echotic posted:

For this

Was the kid included with the car? :v:

Echotic
Oct 20, 2013
Cheaper than a Trunk Monkey

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Echotic posted:

I just swapped this

For this

Does it have 4 wheel steering? How common is that body kit?

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

:allears: :swoon: My hero. Always love seeing you post this! How's she running?

Echotic
Oct 20, 2013

CharlesM posted:

Does it have 4 wheel steering? How common is that body kit?

I haven't actually gotten under the back yet not sure, but that kit is fairly rare from what i can see. Its the Mazdaspeed skirt, spoiler and exhaust. Just missing the front lip.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
So, some of you know I had a deposit in on a Slingshot. I was told that it would be a terrible purchase, I was an idiot, my kids are ugly, etc.

Well, I didn't care. I wanted a small, open, absurd little car to gently caress around with on the weekends.

So I bought a Fiat 500 Abarth Cabrio. We already have a 500 pop, and it's a stupid amount of fun. This Abarth is.. jesus. It's loud, the ride is terrible, and it tracks all over the place. I love it so very much.

DoLittle
Jul 26, 2006

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

If you posted that thinking you'd get some Alpha love... well, you posted in the right god damned place.

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

More pls

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Gonna need more of the dogge, as well.

DoLittle
Jul 26, 2006
Back from sauna. Its a '86 GTV with a 3.0 24v engine from a 164 Q4 running 166/156 Motronic management. The suspension is an Intrax kit from RSR Nürburg. Recently I've been debugging the management because it does not have have quite the kick it should. Got rid of a fault code for missing gearbox control unit in the CAN line by switcing to a manual 156 ECU (at least temporately). Another fault code was for missing evap purge valve, which I circumvented with a 100 Ohm resistor instead of a purge valve. I need to drive around a bit to educate the ECU to the 164 injectors to see if its a it now a bit more lively.

The dogge is a Swedish vallhund called Roope. 9½ half years old.

DoLittle fucked around with this message at 20:22 on May 15, 2015

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Oh my god I want that dog. Why have I never seen one of those. It's like a Corgi with a suspension lift.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I like my cars Italian and my dogs slammed.

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
I MAP THE FUCK OUT OF PEOPLE
New* truck!

*10 year old

afen
Sep 23, 2003

nemo saltat sobrius

GramCracker posted:

:allears: :swoon: My hero. Always love seeing you post this! How's she running?

Runs like a train once the boost comes! Melted a piston last fall due to my own stupidity, got her a new engine and she runs better than ever!

Took the car for a spin yesterday in the sun:

_firehawk
Sep 12, 2004

Tremek posted:

4/19 never forget

In other news, I like the Aeroforce gauge in my car. I miss the clock a little though.

Wow, I haven't paid attention since I bought mine but I didn't know green was an option. I especially like the special V face. I still have the stock face and the silver ring, but it tells me what I need to know most. Oil Pressure and Trans temp. I couldn't be happier.

DoLittle
Jul 26, 2006
Beached the GTV6 in mud on the way to the dog park. Took some 20 min to get it moving again. LSD gearbox would be nice (next winter) and 595 RS-Rs are not that great in mud...

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
That dog park must be really out of the way or just for SUV owners.

DoLittle
Jul 26, 2006

CharlesM posted:

That dog park must be really out of the way or just for SUV owners.

Well it has old and new access roads. We chose the old one, because we didn't know about the new one.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

DoLittle posted:

Beached the GTV6 in mud on the way to the dog park. Took some 20 min to get it moving again. LSD gearbox would be nice (next winter) and 595 RS-Rs are not that great in mud...

That car looks really loving incredible.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

afen posted:

Runs like a train once the boost comes! Melted a piston last fall due to my own stupidity, got her a new engine and she runs better than ever!

Bloody hell. How easy (impossibly hard) is it to source a new RS2 engine?

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

_firehawk posted:

Wow, I haven't paid attention since I bought mine but I didn't know green was an option. I especially like the special V face. I still have the stock face and the silver ring, but it tells me what I need to know most. Oil Pressure and Trans temp. I couldn't be happier.

G8 SIGHTING!

Mine is frolicking somewhere on Houston roads these days, undoubtedly confusing drivers.

So this is where we post our rides, right? :smug:

So we have been on a ride-on kick since the fall... My oldest is almost 3 and a half, and LOVES cars. Loves them with the intensity only a 3 and a half year old can bring to the table. So over the past few months I have picked up a couple different ride-ons - the Jeep/FJ40-looking thing is a Peg Perego Gaucho (real rear suspension! Rack and pinion steering!) and the Viper is made by a company called Kid Trax. Please ignore the cosmetics on the jeep, not done there yet. Also not pictured is the Power Wheels Raptor we sent to my mom's house for hoonage on her acreage.

What's important here, however, is that both are now converted to 24 volts, use a scooter controller for controlling the motors, charging, etc, and have a brake and variable accelerator. Both are MUCH faster than stock, so much so that after my oldest ramped the Jeep off the curb during its inaugural run and bounced his little brother onto the street, seat belts and bike helmets are now required gear.

Anyway, this yields gems like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ff8qswDZqg

The jeep is super basic electrically, but the Viper came with some stuff from the factory and I have adapted it to the new system:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKWKQSW2Tt4

Lots of fun. If you have young kids and you haven't put them in a ride-on, go do it.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I think I might have to get my girl a Powerwheels Jeep for her third birthday this year. :3:

Echotic
Oct 20, 2013
My best mate just bought something similar for my sons 4th birthday. He absolutely adores it. What amazes me is the community that mod them. I'm feeling the itch. My son needs to go fast!

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
I MAP THE FUCK OUT OF PEOPLE

Tremek posted:

You need to repost this with the CTS.

_firehawk
Sep 12, 2004

Tremek posted:

G8 SIGHTING!

Mine is frolicking somewhere on Houston roads these days, undoubtedly confusing drivers.

So this is where we post our rides, right? :smug:

So we have been on a ride-on kick since the fall... My oldest is almost 3 and a half, and LOVES cars. Loves them with the intensity only a 3 and a half year old can bring to the table. So over the past few months I have picked up a couple different ride-ons - the Jeep/FJ40-looking thing is a Peg Perego Gaucho (real rear suspension! Rack and pinion steering!) and the Viper is made by a company called Kid Trax. Please ignore the cosmetics on the jeep, not done there yet. Also not pictured is the Power Wheels Raptor we sent to my mom's house for hoonage on her acreage.

What's important here, however, is that both are now converted to 24 volts, use a scooter controller for controlling the motors, charging, etc, and have a brake and variable accelerator. Both are MUCH faster than stock, so much so that after my oldest ramped the Jeep off the curb during its inaugural run and bounced his little brother onto the street, seat belts and bike helmets are now required gear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKWKQSW2Tt4

It auto played the second video , but what are you using to track and stabilize the camera? I almost didn't notice, but there was a distinct lack of shaky cam.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

I'm not sure if that's the iPhone 6, Youtube, or a combination of both doing the image stabilization.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

_firehawk posted:

It auto played the second video , but what are you using to track and stabilize the camera? I almost didn't notice, but there was a distinct lack of shaky cam.

It's mounted to a chicken.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

The rangers clearing the walk to the Chessmen Ridge overlook did a double take when they saw us pull up. I started spot-checking the asphalt with my pyrometer when a snow flurry began, keeping the tread at 100F or higher seemed to be the obvious solution :v:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Das Volk posted:

The rangers clearing the walk to the Chessmen Ridge overlook did a double take when they saw us pull up. I started spot-checking the asphalt with my pyrometer when a snow flurry began, keeping the tread at 100F or higher seemed to be the obvious solution :v:

You saved the lives of everyone else who had to use that road after you. That deserves a medal.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Seat Safety Switch posted:

You saved the lives of everyone else who had to use that road after you. That deserves a medal.

Black ice is scary for us non-eskimos.

afen
Sep 23, 2003

nemo saltat sobrius

drgitlin posted:

Bloody hell. How easy (impossibly hard) is it to source a new RS2 engine?

Not that difficult, but expensive as hell for an original ADU. So I bought an engine from an S4, they're all the same. I'm going to rebuild the original engine as soon as I have time and money.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

afen posted:

I just noticed an RS2 for sale. Nice looking machine. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011

El Scotch posted:

I just noticed an RS2 for sale. Nice looking machine. :v:

I have a soft spot for those.