Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

JerryLee posted:

If it helps your friend at all, I'm 99% sure I've seen an an X-Wang scaled Eagle 5 on Shapeways or something.
http://www.shapeways.com/product/LHND6MYVE/eagle-5-starbago?li=shop-results&optionId=41501548
I'm pretty sure it's closer to x-wing size than falcon, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

The shape ways stuff would be considered proxies and not modifications or alterations. FFG however is very lenient on modifications to their ships seeing what was allowed at world's last year. Of course, if shape ways was close enough to scale (never bought one), painted well, and altered at the peg so it looks like it was originally an FFG model, nobody would ever know.

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

Though to be fair, the Eagle 5 makes a better HWK than Falcon because of the scale involved.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
Hey if I adsensors a boost but it "collides," canceling the action, am I still committed to taking my action pre-maneuver, or can I choose to move and then act?

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
Edit: Misunderstood the question, nothing to see here.

Reynold fucked around with this message at 03:57 on May 16, 2015

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-

yellowjournalism posted:

Hey if I adsensors a boost but it "collides," canceling the action, am I still committed to taking my action pre-maneuver, or can I choose to move and then act?

You can decide to do your action later in that case. Same thing, if you PTL to boost but can't boost, you can choose a different action or choose to NOT PTL.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

I was wondering about something similar actually, if I say I'm gonna for example do a barrel roll left, and it turns out I cannot complete the action, can I then go back and do something else, or do I have to first try to barrel roll right?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

The former. Note that you can boost and barrel roll out of the board.

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Threatening stuffed animals for fun and profit.

Reynold posted:

I was wondering about something similar actually, if I say I'm gonna for example do a barrel roll left, and it turns out I cannot complete the action, can I then go back and do something else, or do I have to first try to barrel roll right?

If you attempt to barrel roll left, you MUST barrel roll left if possible. If the spot you wanted to go to is blocked but you CAN barrel roll to that side in a different spot, you MUST do so. However, if you cannot barrel roll on that side AT ALL, then you are not locked into doing anything. It's as if you never attempted to barrel roll at all. You are free to do any other action, including (but not limited to) barrel rolling in the other direction.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

http://www.shapeways.com/product/RLPBBSEU3/action-vi-transport-1-440?li=related-items-km&optionId=41967891

:stare:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

It's cool that Mel Miniatures is able to make these Star Wars ships and actually operate an online store instead of Disney or Lucasfilm or FFG or whoever the gently caress taking legal action against them. I mean, I don't understand why they haven't already, but I'm cool with it. Some of those shapeways look legit nice and I might buy some someday.

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug
Is there an acronym reference page for all these skills/upgrades somewhere like the Infinity thread has? I never know what half the poo poo you guys are saying is.

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Springfield Fatts posted:

Is there an acronym reference page for all these skills/upgrades somewhere like the Infinity thread has? I never know what half the poo poo you guys are saying is.

PTL = Push The Limit, an Elite Pilot Talent
EPT = Elite Pilot Talent, a possible upgrade for pilots
EI = Experimental Interface, a unique Modification upgrade
Prockets = Proton Rockets, a Missile upgrade
ACD = Advanced Cloaking Device, a TIE Phantom-specific Modification
ATC = Advanced Targeting Computer, a Sensor upgrade
VI = Veteran Instincts, an Elite Pilot Talent
CM = Countermeasures, a Large ship-specific Modification
EU = Engine Upgrade, a Modification
HLC = Heavy Laser Cannon, a Cannon upgrade
FFG = A company that will hypnotize you into giving them all of your monies in return for little plastic spaceships

Did I miss anything?

Super 3
Dec 31, 2007

Sometimes the powers you get are shit.

Cobbsprite posted:

PTL = Push The Limit, an Elite Pilot Talent
EPT = Elite Pilot Talent, a possible upgrade for pilots
EI = Experimental Interface, a unique Modification upgrade
Prockets = Proton Rockets, a Missile upgrade
ACD = Advanced Cloaking Device, a TIE Phantom-specific Modification
ATC = Advanced Targeting Computer, a Sensor upgrade
VI = Veteran Instincts, an Elite Pilot Talent
CM = Countermeasures, a Large ship-specific Modification
EU = Engine Upgrade, a Modification
HLC = Heavy Laser Cannon, a Cannon upgrade
FFG = A company that will hypnotize you into giving them all of your monies in return for little plastic spaceships

Did I miss anything?

EU gets tossed around as Expanded Universe as well, CONTEXT!

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
Soontir Fel is occasionally referred to as The Baron, a title of his in the EU (you can tell this doesn't mean Engine Upgrade because interceptors can already boost), largely in my case because it's a real word and my phone doesn't mistake it for Sonneteer Feel.

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug
Thanks for the debrief. Maybe OP can add once a full list is gathered.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
I think I want to buy the base game and maybe a ship or two and give this a go, possibly try to convince my wife (an avid but repressed Star Wars nerd) to maybe try it out.

I hear the base game isn't really that balanced, should I just shoot for base game + maybe A-Wing/Tie Interceptor?

I don't really want to buy anything bigger yet (the above is like already 60 bux) as if I spend more than that on little plastic minatures before she HOPEFULLY gets into it with me, my wife will most likely freak out on me.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

jeeves posted:

I think I want to buy the base game and maybe a ship or two and give this a go, possibly try to convince my wife (an avid but repressed Star Wars nerd) to maybe try it out.

I hear the base game isn't really that balanced, should I just shoot for base game + maybe A-Wing/Tie Interceptor?

I don't really want to buy anything bigger yet (the above is like already 60 bux) as if I spend more than that on little plastic minatures before she HOPEFULLY gets into it with me, my wife will most likely freak out on me.

just get the starter set and then play the introduction game that comes with it. I've played the starter game two times as each side and and won once with each side, and the balance doesn't feel too wonky to me. plus, at a beginner level, working out where your manoeuvres are going to actually take you and trying to work out where your opponents' will take them is way more important than whether or not the game is slightly unbalanced

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Just bought my ticket to the X-wing nationals at GenCon. Here's hoping I can manage to get off work for that Thursday.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

I'm experimenting with Y-Wing lists, and I've come up with this:

Kavil (24)
Push the Limit (3)
Autoblaster Turret (2)
Unhinged Astromech (1)
Engine Upgrade (4)
Drea Renthal (22)
Ion Cannon Turret (5)
Proton Torpedoes (4)
R4-B11 (3)
BTL-A4 Y-Wing (0)
Hired Gun (20)
Ion Cannon Turret (5)
Bomb Loadout (0)
"Genius" (0)
Seismic Charges (2)
Engine Upgrade (4)
BTL-A4 Y-Wing (0)
Total: 99

Kavil is being Kavil, Genius is in there for seismic giggles and Drea with R4-B11 is super powerful with the Ion + BTL-A4 title.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

So I've only recently gotten back into this and I goddamn love TIE Interceptors. I've heard they're not hugely viable for anything serious though? Is there a force group that uses them remotely well or even just has a couple that are competitive?

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

kingcom posted:

So I've only recently gotten back into this and I goddamn love TIE Interceptors. I've heard they're not hugely viable for anything serious though? Is there a force group that uses them remotely well or even just has a couple that are competitive?

I am a filthy slut who likes running five Alpha Squadron Pilots with Autothrusters. Even though this list is highly luck-dependent and has often bitten me on the rear end for it, I can't quit it.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

I run a list which is Soontir + Thrusters + Stealth, a Royal Guard pilot with the same and a DOOMSHUTTLE. It's reasonably viable.

The only list I've lost against so far is a dual Decimator list, and that was mostly because I lost the shuttle early without it doing enough damage and then flew the interceptors like a big idiot.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Endman posted:

I run a list which is Soontir + Thrusters + Stealth, a Royal Guard pilot with the same and a DOOMSHUTTLE. It's reasonably viable.

The only list I've lost against so far is a dual Decimator list, and that was mostly because I lost the shuttle early without it doing enough damage and then flew the interceptors like a big idiot.

I've been seeing a bunch of battle reports and videos about doomshuttles, I feel I need to go buy one.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Wtf is a doom shuttle?

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Chilichimp posted:

Wtf is a doom shuttle?

It is a Lambda class shuttle with Darth Vader as crew.

Darth does 2 damage to the ship he is on to deal a crit after an attack.

Endman
May 18, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

Wtf is a doom shuttle?

An Omicron Group Pilot (the cheapest of the Lambda Shuttle pilots) + Darth Vader crew.

Vader does two damage to the Shuttle to cause one critical damage to an enemy ship you've just performed an attack on.

e: f;b

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
It's called a doom shuttle because you don't expect it to survive the first pass, but it's going to take something that costs more than 25 points with it. Even if it survives, it's not going to turn around and become relevant again.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Trip Report: BBB can't take on 2x Aggressor. 100-0 for the Aggressors.

I've not got to fly the Aggressor until yesterday, and wow, those ships are loving good. I ran B & D, HLC/Predator/Adv.Sensors/IG-2000/Intertial Dampeners, and those two fuckers tear poo poo up. If anything, I didn't use/need the B ability really apart from once, HLC plus Predator means you tend to hit anyway. D is golden though, Segnor's Loops for 3T are brutally good. I'd probably use C & D next time.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Shockeh posted:

I've not got to fly the Aggressor until yesterday, and wow, those ships are loving good. I ran B & D, HLC/Predator/Adv.Sensors/IG-2000/Intertial Dampeners, and those two fuckers tear poo poo up. If anything, I didn't use/need the B ability really apart from once, HLC plus Predator means you tend to hit anyway. D is golden though, Segnor's Loops for 3T are brutally good. I'd probably use C & D next time.

Against things with more than 1 agility, you'll want that B ability. Interceptors and whatnot are much tougher to land hits on.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

kingcom posted:

Thanks to autothrusters I think they are pretty viable. I'm probably gonna fly either a 3BZ list or 3 inties for the regional I have this weekend.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Springfield Fatts posted:

Thanks for the debrief. Maybe OP can add once a full list is gathered.

Someone put together a definitive list in a single post (is the one a couple posts up good enough?) and I'll do just that!

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
Just got back from a Regional Tournament with players from at least 5 countries. The Final was played 2 almost identical lists. 4 Scum y-wings vs 4 Scum y-wings. One had the title but no Kavil and the other had no title and Kavil and bombs. Both had cannons , I think a mix of ion and auto.

The no Kavil and no bombs but with the title won. It was not that close . The highlight was the only bomb that was dropped that damaged 3 y-wings turning in to it. To bad it was a seismic and not a proton .

My Tournament and my list sucked but I had a blast none the less. Highlight was playing against a 5 bomber lists that sucked as much as mine!

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Is there ever a circumstance you'd put BTL-A4 on Kavil, though?

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

grassy gnoll posted:

Is there ever a circumstance you'd put BTL-A4 on Kavil, though?

If you hate winning.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Its pretty contrary to his ability. Maybe if you already have Drea in your list, and want a higher PS y-wing? I can't see it being that great an idea.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo

Shockeh posted:

I can't really imagine Aggressors without C, correct me if I'm wrong but isn't their style supposed to be hit-and-run, arc-dodge and keep alternating which one is being shot at? I don't see how you can survive against tanky lists without constant boost evading.

D is really, really fun.

A seems like a pure meta bid in hoping you'll go up against swarms.

B seems more useful with something less powerful than HLC? Would like to hear more about this.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Went to NJ regionals and just like last time at WV, started strong at 3-0 but just couldn't get the one more win needed to get to top 8 lol. I'm glad our local store player won it and I'll see you guys at NC in a month!

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

What won?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Good, old fat Han. :) He was fortunate since he didn't have to fight any swarms. I had to fight 3 and was able to take down 2 of them.

• Locked thread