Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

euphronius posted:

Is there like evidence of it or is it supposition. Seems like there would be shy labour voters too.

you don't seem to get it - Tories Are Scum is an accepted and established truth in britain, heartily embraced by the tories themselves

V. Illych L. fucked around with this message at 00:33 on May 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Disinterested posted:

mostly what happened in the uk is that spending increases were frozen so the cuts were in real terms rather than nominal

but yeah you have a better government when it comes to economics although obama did insist on that absurd tax cut when he took office

talking more long term than that

but anyway perhaps it has to do with the fact that there's a lot of politicians who can be isolated at lower level governments in the us when you can't do nearly the same for the uk, due to the lack of full federalization and the corresponding soaking facotr of many reasonably powerful subnational governments

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Berke Negri posted:

i have a messenger bag from Zara but its not ideal to do anything with straps during the summer when it is 120 degrees out

ah, yeah gotcha. that's a problem there isn't it

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

Nintendo Kid posted:

talking more long term than that

but anyway perhaps it has to do with the fact that there's a lot of politicians who can be isolated at lower level governments in the us when you can't do nearly the same for the uk, due to the lack of full federalization and the corresponding soaking facotr of many reasonably powerful subnational governments

I don't think you've expressed yourself very well here

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
encouraged by the posting of votes to leave a modest "3" at yer doorstep

there's absolutely no 3 representation in this thread and that's a shame

e: oh wait, there's 2 3s but no 2s. too late I already voted

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Rodatose posted:

encouraged by the posting of votes to leave a modest "3" at yer doorstep

there's absolutely no 3 representation in this thread and that's a shame

god drat centrists

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
FURY ROAD IS AMAZING

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

EASILY BEST ACTION MOVIE OF THE YEAR

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Solution to UK government: each constituent nation of the UK develops and creates a single large piloted mobile suit. Then they fight and they fight until one is left standing.

The nation whose MS is the champion gets to call all the shots and the pilot gets a lifelong pension

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

visceril posted:

Solution to UK government: each constituent nation of the UK develops and creates a single large piloted mobile suit. Then they fight and they fight until one is left standing.

The nation whose MS is the champion gets to call all the shots and the pilot gets a lifelong pension

quoting cuz i'm down

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

visceril posted:

this is only fair if the less economically developed nations get generous mobile suit subsidies to allow us to compete on the same level

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

visceril posted:

NO THE SOLUTION IS TO LET THE APOCALYPSE HAPPEN SO UK CAN TURN INTO ADDLED ALFRED OR SOMETHING EQUALLY BRITISH

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
btw i found my old copy of Europe On $15 A Day (1979-1980 edition, and with KLM branding) and its neat to read about traveling cold war europe

Disinterested posted:

I don't think you've expressed yourself very well here

there isn't much room to shove politically ambitious but dreadfully poor planners with connections into in the uk.

in the us a lot of them are easily appeased by being embers of part time state legislatures that only have to be way from whatever dumb business for 60 days every other year or whatever, in the uk it seems like most of them skip straight to parliament

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

kustomkarkommando posted:

this is only fair if the less economically developed nations get generous mobile suit subsidies to allow us to compete on the same level

Oh of course.

Also the mobile suits are required to be super stereotypical. Insufficiently racist mobile suits will be disqualified

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

visceril posted:

this is already what happened except instead of mech suits we used these things called armies

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Disinterested posted:

this is already what happened except instead of mech suits we used these things called armies

Yeah but were the armies super racist to themselves? Did they know martial arts and/or believe in themselves?

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

visceril posted:

Yeah but were the armies super racist to themselves? Did they know martial arts and/or believe in themselves?

Cromwell was all about racism and no not believin in yourself

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

nutranurse posted:

NO THE SOLUTION IS TO LET THE APOCALYPSE HAPPEN SO UK CAN TURN INTO ADDLED ALFRED OR SOMETHING EQUALLY BRITISH

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

gbs as hell

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Yeah see this is what England's gundam could look like, if it was also fat and had a bulldog face. It's weapon would be a cup of tea and a crumpet launcher

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Disinterested posted:

Cromwell was all about racism and no not believin in yourself

Cromwell's gramps seems like A Good Bloke. C/D?

This is based on Wolf Hall

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

what's the current trend on suit cases

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

V. Illych L. posted:

you don't seem to get it - Tories Are Scum is an accepted and established truth in britain, heartily embraced by the tories themselves

Then why are winning elections

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

euphronius posted:

Then why are winning elections

english people are monsters

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

i at best, have like only two posters in mind when I ask that question

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Scotland's mobile suit would just be Mel Gibson in his braveheart costume. Maybe an LP could climb on his back and tell him what to do, IDK drat it Scotland I can't do everything for you

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

im not disputing i put 0 effort into that but go see fury road and thank me later

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Berke Negri posted:

what's the current trend on suit cases

I only see olds carrying yhem

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

i just want to most more pictures of tom hardy now

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

So the unpopular immoral party who everyone agrees is terrible is winning elections against polls because people are lying about whom they vote for.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

also see it in IMAX

its worth the extra cost

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The party who supports the interests of the rich few

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

visceril posted:

Cromwell's gramps seems like A Good Bloke. C/D?

This is based on Wolf Hall

I hope you watched the show because the show is loving good and Mark Rylance is a loving godlike actor.

Thomas Cromwell was not really as cool as the show makes him look but he got a hard press in the history books so Mantell tries to give him a fairer shake by bigging him up a bit.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

who'd you piss off to get that redtext, euph

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

nutranurse posted:

who'd you piss off to get that redtext, euph

Long story

U saw mad max???

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

euphronius posted:

U saw mad max???

yes.

it should be called "Mad Max: Feminist Fury"

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

euphronius posted:

So the unpopular immoral party who everyone agrees is terrible is winning elections against polls because people are lying about whom they vote for.

or changing their mind at the last minute before they hit the ballot box

also the polls were largely performed with bad methodology: http://fivethirtyeight.com/liveblogs/uk-general-election-2015/#livepress-update-12918846

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao