Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the dad farm
Dec 6, 2005

“We probably won’t speak again until Christmas, where I’ll get sloppy drunk and call him a pussy at the dinner table,” the distraught father added, eyes glazed over and staring off into the distance.

lmbo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daspied
Jul 2, 2009
So I am, about to be a free man - it is a miracle - I never thought this day would come. I have a final physical tomorrow, and what needs to be said and done while I'm at the appointment? Do I just need to have all my ailments mentioned in the final physical? 5 years of hiking and absurd ranges have destroyed my ability to live. Like the majority of Marines though I have never really had a BAS appointment because our CORPSMAN were so solid at their job. I got plenty of Motrin, water, and good thing I changed my socks.

Am I just hosed for getting any form of compensation with the VA?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Get in Google hangouts so we can chat about this I literally went through all of that quite recently and was lost as gently caress and no one had any answers with surety for me except for dudes that had just done the same poo poo and gotten out

squelch
Mar 8, 2005

KILL KILL KILL HURR

Daspied posted:

So I am, about to be a free man - it is a miracle - I never thought this day would come. I have a final physical tomorrow, and what needs to be said and done while I'm at the appointment? Do I just need to have all my ailments mentioned in the final physical? 5 years of hiking and absurd ranges have destroyed my ability to live. Like the majority of Marines though I have never really had a BAS appointment because our CORPSMAN were so solid at their job. I got plenty of Motrin, water, and good thing I changed my socks.

Am I just hosed for getting any form of compensation with the VA?

http://benefits.va.gov/predischarge/claims-pre-discharge-benefits-delivery-at-discharge.asp

1) give med record to DAV
2) make money

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

For satisfactory performance while under the effects of hostile enemy alcohol.

Lmfao if you think it's really this easy.

E: I mean it is if you want to leave your fate 100% up to the VA and want your claims decided entirely based on what's in your need records (which sounds like this guy didn't have poo poo).

Leaving said decision up to the VA and not pursuing any supporting actions to actually make a case is a hilariously bad idea.

USMC503 fucked around with this message at 06:26 on May 12, 2015

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Has anybody heard anything concrete about Bates Lights being deauthorized in the near future? There were a bunch of rumors going around last year about all of the different Bates boots being deauthorized and switching over to only the Danners and that kind, but I haven't heard anything solid since then.

I've been using this pair of regular Bates jungles for the past two years and they're starting to get pretty ratty, and I want to get a pair of the Lights broken in before CFT season comes up, but don't want to waste the money on a pair of boots I won't be able to wear soon.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Internet Wizard posted:

Has anybody heard anything concrete about Bates Lights being deauthorized in the near future? There were a bunch of rumors going around last year about all of the different Bates boots being deauthorized and switching over to only the Danners and that kind, but I haven't heard anything solid since then.

I've been using this pair of regular Bates jungles for the past two years and they're starting to get pretty ratty, and I want to get a pair of the Lights broken in before CFT season comes up, but don't want to waste the money on a pair of boots I won't be able to wear soon.

In 15 years I've only seen one style of boots go from authorized to unauthorized (except the transition from black to brown boots of course) and those were the old cadillac style all leather ones . So I'd take whatever bullshit the Marine Corps Times or whatever is spewing with a healthy dose of salt.

Also, who the gently caress looks at what type of boots you are wearing during a CFT?

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

SNCO's

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

As long as they are brown and look military no one gives a gently caress. I mean unless you work at IPAC or something stupid I guess. Most people have more important poo poo to worry about.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Saw a guy from my sister platoon get sent back to his barracks to shave between his 880 and ammo can lifts last year by the gunny from our S-1, but I won't be at this base come next CFT season.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Internet Wizard posted:

Saw a guy from my sister platoon get sent back to his barracks to shave between his 880 and ammo can lifts last year by the gunny from our S-1, but I won't be at this base come next CFT season.

Shitbag probably should have shaved before the CFT.

I don't even know how you get upset about this.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Haha what? We could only wear issued poo poo. Even if you went and got the EGA stamped on the side. No bates lights either because of fast roping. But that wasn't as widely enforced. But peacetime Corps and all that

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

Shitbag probably should have shaved before the CFT.

I don't even know how you get upset about this.

I'm not upset about it, I thought it was hilarious when it happened. I wasn't really surprised that it was that guy that got hit for it, either.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

lol if you shave before PT

that burn man

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

lol if you shave before PT

that burn man

Goldbond in your asscrack and pits. So many guys refused to do it and I'll never understand why

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Booblord Zagats posted:

Goldbond in your asscrack and pits. So many guys refused to do it and I'll never understand why

You got your pits and asscrack checked for a fresh shave every morning?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

OZYMANDICKASS posted:

airwing is pretty weird

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

OZYMANDICKASS posted:

I knew my Gunny was fuckin shady :cry:

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q
I ran over a marine's six point hat or w/e the other day while he was standing on the side of the road waiting for a break in traffic to get it back.

god bless the marine corpse

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

krispykremessuck posted:

I ran over a marine's six point hat or w/e the other day while he was standing on the side of the road waiting for a break in traffic to get it back.

god bless the marine corpse

watch ur back bitch

gonna be all belleau wood in yo hood

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

OZYMANDICKASS posted:

watch ur back bitch

gonna be all belleau wood in yo hood

I ain't scared of no security forces marines - they're really just navy MAAs in marpat anyway

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

krispykremessuck posted:

I ain't scared of no security forces marines - they're really just navy MAAs in marpat anyway

fast company gonna bring you to justice you terrist

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004
If it was a lance I'm sure there's some sort of hit out for you now.

Muh beloved corps, you have tarnished it

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

krispykremessuck posted:

Oh. Them.

Shoulda ran it over twice.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

I'm still not really sure what security forces actually do

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Internet Wizard posted:

I'm still not really sure what security forces actually do

The same thing as Infantry minus the (combat) deployments and field training.

They pick up E-4 in two years and then they go to a grunt unit and deploy as squad leaders because company HQ hates their own.

You probably knew all this already but I have to gripe about it at every opportunity. Just one of my many moral injuries.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

I hit 2 years in July and I've still got another 5+ months in t-com so I actually didn't

edit: i've been on an army base since november 2013

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Internet Wizard posted:

I hit 2 years in July and I've still got another 5+ months in t-com so I actually didn't

edit: i've been on an army base since november 2013

T-Com? Is that where they crank out the education materials? Do you accept submissions? I've got some revised rifle range Hand & Arm Signals that will streamline and revolutionize the way shooters blame others for their failures.

And if that takes, I've got a few suggestions for FM 23-91 that will definitely rock some boats.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

my only other marine story I told kfff already but one time I was leaving the base and it was pissing down rain and I saw a marine humpin it toward town so I pulled over and asked where he was going. when he told me I said "alright I'll let 'em know you're coming!!" and then peeled out as I took off

I'm a pretty nice guy tho normally, just not to marines I guess

oh yeah he was backpack marine too

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

OZYMANDICKASS posted:

T-Com? Is that where they crank out the education materials? Do you accept submissions? I've got some revised rifle range Hand & Arm Signals that will streamline and revolutionize the way shooters blame others for their failures.

And if that takes, I've got a few suggestions for FM 23-91 that will definitely rock some boats.

No, as in I'm still not MOS qualified.

Whenever I share military stories with people from other services/MOSs my stories always end up seeming like some carnival mirror version of theirs.

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...
what i've learned about the marine corps:

get promoted to corporal
marry j-ville slam pig
poop out 3 kids
beat them all
wait and beat them again at the most inconvenient hour of the night, on a friday or saturday

bonus points if all involved are drunk and underage

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

Bob A Feet posted:

get promoted to corporal
marry j-ville slam pig
poop out 3 kids
beat them all
wait and beat them again at the most inconvenient hour of the night, on a friday or saturday

go fly an osprey into traffic

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...

krispykremessuck posted:

Is your wife fat

Do you hit her

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

krispykremessuck posted:

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Bob A Feet posted:

get promoted to corporal
marry j-ville slam pig
poop out 3 kids
beat them all

Nah dude.

Check into unit 11pm friday newly minted okinawa corporal.
buy crotch rocket saturday 3 pm.
drunken high speed chase with sheriff's dept at 3 am sunday.
call unit 9am monday for help.
out of jail tuesday 9 am.
busted down to lcpl weds 9 am.

E: the shitbird story thread was loving glorious

red19fire fucked around with this message at 05:19 on May 16, 2015

ChauchetRedemption
Sep 11, 2001

Were not accustomed to occupying defensive positions. Its destructive to morale.
Welp Finally getting a look.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
wanted to make sure yall got eyes on this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qALXIDpjHBY

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

I think what finally turned me off the idea of joining the reserves before my IRR time ran out was hearing Staff NCOs and Officers talking with Wisconsin accents.

When I'm getting poo poo on I prefer it to be in a southern accent so I can otherize everyone above me in the chain of command.

I worked with that dude. Not his real name but pretty sure that's his real stack (lol).

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

My First Sergeant's from Wisconsin too, but at least he's from the Madison area so he doesn't have the same sort of accent like I do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Myo6MvQMGIk&feature=youtu.be

• Locked thread