Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Utnayan posted:

Those poor PC gamers as they feed you with money yet cannot have a say in honest marketing of a product.

What heathens.

This may sicken you but I played Witcher 2 on console and PC, but didn't notice much difference other than the lack of meditation transitions and Xbox 360 Flotsam didn't have any stray dogs.

Edit: And the PC version autosaved so much it eventually wouldn't function until I deleted most of the saves (manually since it would crash in the game menus).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

Kimmalah posted:

This may sicken you but I played Witcher 2 on console and PC, but didn't notice much difference other than the lack of meditation transitions and Xbox 360 Flotsam didn't have any stray dogs.

Witcher 2 on PC and 360 were very different.

Maybe this will help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5giXgNCh3z8

urea
Aug 18, 2013

Calling it now: this video is frame-doubled console footage with a mouse cursor rendered on top :can:
Peace.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Kimmalah posted:

Both paths have the Sackful of Fluff quest, it's just with Roche you can only do it at a particular point in the storyline when you cross the mist. And with Roche you have that weird spot by the Visionary's hut where harpies just infinitely respawn every few minutes for easy feather gathering.

Goddamnit.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!
/\/\ You should definitely listen to him since he was so right about PC and Xbox versions of Witcher 2.

This is a poster defending graphic fidelity on PC.

Kimmalah posted:

This may sicken you but I played Witcher 2 on console and PC, but didn't notice much difference

In case anyone missed it.

Tony_Montana
Apr 1, 2010
I'm also dissapointed at the graphic changes and some shifts in the art direction, from all the reviews it seems that the story and narrative are superb, but presentation really is very important and is lacking in some parts, many scenes from the Elder Blood and the Rage trailer look simply ugly really (but many screenshots including those from that German website look great thankfully). It's sad that some bad changes had to take place because the developers were more or less forced to.

I'm putting my faith in mods to fix the hard edges. Improving the flora in some parts and adding clouds like in the old trailers would be great. Colors should be less vibrant in outdoor scenes and they should drop their fetichism with mega-orange dusks. Anyway, let's be thankful that this was not like TW2 in which Dol Blathana was entirely cut out of the game because cash was tight. In this game there is a lot of content and they're going to add more (btw how are they going to integrate a very long back and forth trip to Toussaint in the story?).

To finish, remember that games are one of the few things pushing home computing forward, and are a lot less wasteful and infinitely more artistically and creatively valuable than frivolous things such as the Apple watch and the iPad. I have a lot more respect for game developers than I have for manufacturers of toy gadgets for instance. So defending the industry and really wanting to push for an evolution shouldn't be looked down upon.

Karrahad
Nov 4, 2010

Utnayan posted:

I dunno man you tell me, because the only thing you have posted in lately in the last year has been about those video games.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/query.php?action=results&qid=1431759368&page=1

Actually, make that your entire posting history since you have been here in 3-4 years.

"There have been 168 posts made by Karrahad, an average of 0.10 posts per day, since registering on Nov 4, 2010."

Are you sure this is argument you want to make?

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Utnayan posted:

Witcher 2 on PC and 360 were very different.

Maybe this will help.

OK, but I'm saying that I didn't notice because I didn't have them playing side by side like that video and I don't give a poo poo about fairly minor differences in quality. So I guess what I'm saying is I'm destroying the industry. :madmax:

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be a nitpicky tool there. And to be fair with Roche's path you have basically no reason to go anywhere near the questgiver's house, I just tend to explore a lot.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

people are streaming it on twitch

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Lil Bit O Vitriol posted:

New PC trailer released today. Downgrade is very obvious:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQqrOf70pc4

hahahahaha best post on the whole thread. We can all go home now until the game releases. Shut it down Orv

Tony_Montana
Apr 1, 2010
Man it seems that the only thing being talked about this game in the entire Internet is the downgrade, ad nauseum.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

urea posted:

Calling it now: this video is frame-doubled console footage with a mouse cursor rendered on top :can:
Peace.

It is, it's the arabic ps4 or xbone version.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

Karrahad posted:

"There have been 168 posts made by Karrahad, an average of 0.10 posts per day, since registering on Nov 4, 2010."

Are you sure this is argument you want to make?

quote:

gently caress poverty, global warming, war and famine. The real big issue is the lack of progress in PC vidyagaming.

This is what you said yes?

When I checked your posting history, nothing was mentioned about those topics at all. every post was about those drat vidyagames.

Care to rephrase? Or should this be an argument I want to make other than someone talking out of their rear end trying to deflect the ethics of marketing when their posting history speaks a 180 degree opposite of what they just thought they stood for which you are obviously an expert in poverty, global warming, war, and famine, as we discuss unethical marketing in video games as you never have once posted about those topics in your history here, rather, all about those pesty vidyagames.

Maybe you cannot comment on the videos posted or some guy that came in here and could't tell the difference between the 360 version of Witcher 2 and the PC version.

This is how far the rabbit hole goes I guess when trying to protect a product before launch.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Tony_Montana posted:

Man it seems that the only thing being talked about this game in the entire Internet is the downgrade, ad nauseum.

And downgrade isn't even being used correctly in this context. Nothing's actually been downgraded.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Utnayan posted:

This is what you said yes?

When I checked your posting history, nothing was mentioned about those topics at all. every post was about those drat vidyagames.

Care to rephrase? Or should this be an argument I want to make other than someone talking out of their rear end trying to deflect the ethics of marketing when their posting history speaks a 180 degree opposite of what they just thought they stood for which you are obviously an expert in poverty, global warming, war, and famine, as we discuss unethical marketing in video games as you never have once posted about those topics in your history here, rather, all about those pesty vidyagames.

Maybe you cannot comment on the videos posted or some guy that came in here and could't tell the difference between the 360 version of Witcher 2 and the PC version.

This is how far the rabbit hole goes I guess when trying to protect a product before launch.

I was joking about you being insane when i posted earlier but i think you actually are. Do you believe in gang stalking or maybe gang video game shilling?

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

I said come in! posted:

And downgrade isn't even being used correctly in this context. Nothing's actually been downgraded.

Oh bullshit. Development on all the features I have listed were killed off. Oh wait, before you say that was 2013 when they decided on a new direction....

What happened as least common denominator development and those options were turned off to not have to worry about QA on those for the remainder of the game, which was already 3 and a half loving years in.

Karrahad
Nov 4, 2010

Utnayan posted:

Don't know about you, but my life doesn't revolve around my SA shitposting.

Utnayan posted:

Care to rephrase?

There's nothing to rephrase, you're so upset about videogames it's out of proportion.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Utnayan posted:

Oh bullshit. Development on all the features I have listed were killed off. Oh wait, before you say that was 2013 when they decided on a new direction....

What happened as least common denominator development and those options were turned off to not have to worry about QA on those for the remainder of the game, which was already 3 and a half loving years in.

Dude, seriously, go ask for a refund. I'm sorry this game has been such a gigantic disappointment for you, I get that you're really upset over it, but it's just a video game. You can usually get refunds for pre-orders. Just go do that.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

megalodong posted:

I was joking about you being insane when i posted earlier but i think you actually are. Do you believe in gang stalking or maybe gang video game shilling?

Oh for sure not at all.

http://www.creativeguerrillamarketing.com/viral-marketing/7-viral-marketing-tools-you-might-not-know-about/

Uh oh.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/EA-Viral-Marketing-Exposed-Big-Buyout-Horizon-40885.html

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

smoking gun

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Ice Fist posted:

hahahahaha best post on the whole thread. We can all go home now until the game releases. Shut it down Orv

Oh my god how did I miss this?

A WHIRLWIND OF RAGE AND STEEL

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

Karrahad posted:

Don't know about you, but my life doesn't revolve around my SA shitposting.

There's nothing to rephrase, you're so upset about videogames it's out of proportion.

I do not understand and you never answered.

quote:

gently caress poverty, global warming, war and famine. The real big issue is the lack of progress in PC vidyagaming.

This is you. Yet in your entire posting history here all you have ever posted about is video games. If you care so much about those issues, why have you never posted about them before?

Witcher 3 is still a good game. As anyone can see you have the usual suspects trying to deflect some pretty lovely decisions because if we dig back far enough they were probably doing the same thing with the BF3 release.

I support this developer. I believe they made a huge mistake. I also believe that there is a lot of BS that happens in this industry to make sure issues like this are deflected, especially here as it is a popular gaming site.

Great game. Buy it for your console. Do not worry about upgrading any hardware like these poor fucks did.

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2015/04/14/the-witcher-3-at-4k-is-a-reminder-to-upgrade-your-video-cards/

Or whatever other shady marketing goes on between these dev houses and the hardware companies to create a false market where non eixsts. Note the date when CD knew full well no one would need that kind of hardware power for their game.

Love this part: "This is a nice reminder that PC gamers have a lot to look forward to with this game despite some recent drama about whether the game was compromised for the sake of the console releases."

But remember to upgrade for that 4k resolution which won't do jack poo poo on your display.

Utnayan fucked around with this message at 08:36 on May 16, 2015

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Tony_Montana posted:

This was literally the exact same loving discussion just before Bloodbourne's release: a bunch of nervous hand wringing about downgrades and other bullshit that ended up not mattering.

The game is going to be goregous - CDR is literally the only developer on the planet I still trust to not gently caress me over (DON'T MAKE ME EAT THESE WORDS COMTE I SWEAR :argh:)

Roshnak
Jul 22, 2007
Oh, man. I just realized something. Utnayan has repeatedly stated in this thread that if he had only known how bad this PC release was going to be, he would have bought it for his PS4.

What if he's the real guerilla marketing plant?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Utnayan posted:

Witcher 3 is still a good game.

Then there's no problem.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

Ice Fist posted:

This was literally the exact same loving discussion just before Bloodbourne's release: a bunch of nervous hand wringing about downgrades and other bullshit that ended up not mattering.

The game is going to be goregous - CDR is literally the only developer on the planet I still trust to not gently caress me over (DON'T MAKE ME EAT THESE WORDS COMTE I SWEAR :argh:)

Oh I am sorry I guess I missed the part where From Software released Bloodborne on PC and had multiple misleading marketing in game trailers based on PC power?

Oh wait? You mean it never was released on PC? How is your apples to oranges argument.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Utnayan posted:

Stairs. You fucks aren't protected anymore.

Literally laughing my loving rear end off

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

gnarlyhotep posted:

Talking to someone about that post, and we were laughing pretty hard at it. Best thing i've read in a while.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

I said come in! posted:

Then there's no problem.

Yes there is. Two of them.

1) Misleading viral marketing leading PC gamers to think they need to upgrade their PC for full the full visual experience:

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/01/07/find-out-if-you-need-to-upgrade-with-the-witcher-3-wild-hunts-pc-specifications/

2) Viral marketing happening here trying to deflect lies from the developer which, historically, has been very upfront and honest until now.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Utnayan posted:

Yes there is. Two of them.

1) Misleading viral marketing leading PC gamers to think they need to upgrade their PC for full the full visual experience:

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/01/07/find-out-if-you-need-to-upgrade-with-the-witcher-3-wild-hunts-pc-specifications/

2) Viral marketing happening here trying to deflect lies from the developer which, historically, has been very upfront and honest until now.

Neither of these things are true.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

I said come in! posted:

Neither of these things are true.

Pretty sure you can go back 8 pages and read them all.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Utnayan posted:

Pretty sure you can go back 8 pages and read them all.

Or nah

Utnayan posted:

Stairs. You fucks aren't protected anymore.

Is all anyone needs to read to be honest lol.

Airfoil
Sep 10, 2013

I'm a rocket man

Ice Fist posted:

The week before release is the worst time in any game's forum life. Nothing but speculation based on review code and and sketchy streamers.

The inevitable endless bug bitching will actually be a step up.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

I have here in my hand a list of 205—a list of names that were made known to the moderators of Something Awful as being members of the Witcher 3 shill department and who nevertheless are still posting and shaping gamer opinion in the Something Awful forums.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

megalodong posted:

I have here in my hand a list of 205—a list of names that were made known to the moderators of Something Awful as being members of the Witcher 3 shill department and who nevertheless are still posting and shaping gamer opinion in the Something Awful forums.

poo poo, we're screwed now, fellow viral marketing shills.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

megalodong posted:

A special session of the Mod Council will be convened at once.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

megalodong posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gSQg1i_q2g

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

gnarlyhotep posted:

I think the funniest part for me is that "stairs" isn't really a thing that has any meaning for most people on SA anymore, rather than the sick burn he thought it was.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
Actually, SA busted Sony.

quote:

Gamers across Web 2.0 are shaking angry fists at the latest alleged viral marketing campaign orchestrated by Sony. Piggybacking the YouTube bonanza, the company has hired "consumer activation" firm Zipatoni to create a false video-and-blogging approach to generate interest in their flagging PlayStation Portable handheld machine. The video/blog/ads featured people portending to be authentic PSP fans creating messages of love/want for the console, but were quickly uncovered by SomethingAwful.com's dedicated base as superficial facades shielding mouthpieces for the corporation.

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/gamesblog/2006/dec/11/newsonyviral

But.... the plot does thicken.....

Remember, this doesn't exist.... So... We busted culprits before.... so who are the culprits now? And can we bust those within our own forums?

I think there is a rinse and repeat that may happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Lmao at anybody still reading that loons posts.