Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yeah, such a shame the news is so full of spin. I have it on good authority that the Republicans support a "no spin zone" when it comes to the news.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Tinsley is great at math, as long as you put it in terms of shots and jiggers.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Vulpes Vvardenfell posted:

Day by Day would be 1000x better if Zed was literally Lord Zed from Power Rangers. Lord Zed and his Fuckbarn would be a glorious thing.
The only character in western media more pathetic than Day By Day's Zed.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Jedit posted:

(Bonus material: A scene which caused a man to laugh himself to death. :nws: for mild comedy racism of the kind you can't get away with now.)
Yeah, literal blackface does sound like "mild comedy racism of the kind you can't get away with now".

Shadeoses posted:

Mad Max has women, who talk and do things and fight etc while Max takes orders, says very little and gets the poo poo beaten out of him.

Note: this applies to all four movies, not just the new one.
That really really doesn't sound like movies 1 and 2 (which are very good, to be fair).

Like the two women I can think of offhand in movie 2 are "raped and crucified on a car windshield" and "warrior girl with crossbows".

Some random Vietnam leftovers:

How dare you, a dirty negro, stand next to a pure white man!
"And they say the war in Vietnam did not teach us anything"
"The American high-command admits that 50% of the soldiers deployed in South Vietnam use drugs"
"Fine, we removed this particular battalion from Vietnam. Happy now?"
"I need this tie in case I have to face the cameras as a prisoner in Hanoi"
"The peacemakers at work"

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
And the award for worst Bill Clinton caricature goes to

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
These Soviet Vietnam cartoons are interesting. Did the US ever spend a lot of effort trying to make propaganda out of the Soviet ventures in, say, Afghanistan?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Broken Cog posted:

These Soviet Vietnam cartoons are interesting. Did the US ever spend a lot of effort trying to make propaganda out of the Soviet ventures in, say, Afghanistan?

They made an entire movie out of it with Rambo 3

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Fulchrum posted:

They made an entire movie out of it with Rambo 3

I completely forgot about that, and I'm sure there's more like it, but I was more thinking of comics or posters like the ones posted. It's always fun to see old cold war propaganda.

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

Bill Clinton is answering questions, while the Pope is going through his bills at the mailbox. Somehow this state of affairs is intolerable to the worse McCoy brother?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'm always somewhat astounded when guys like Muir decide to prove how "ridiculous" a notion like feminism is by drawing women with their tits out or in otherwise sexualized poses. "Feminism is a stupid and unnecessary thing, and to prove it I'm going to reduce a woman to a sexual object and belittle the idea of equality!"

I mean hell, the bad guy in the film at one point literally says,"That's my child you're carrying, that's my property!" and Muir is coming down on THAT guy's side?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Jerusalem posted:

I mean hell, the bad guy in the film at one point literally says,"That's my child you're carrying, that's my property!" and Muir is coming down on THAT guy's side?

Your surprise is surprising me.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Randler posted:

Your surprise is surprising me.

The moment I stop being surprised and start being resigned to that kind of attitude will be a sad day for me personally. I still have hope :unsmith:

.Edward Penischin
Jun 5, 2008

Armani posted:

Seems like a good time to ask - where is your avatar from?

From the comic strip thread a couple years ago

.Edward Penischin
Jun 5, 2008

Portals posted:

I'm mostly freaked out by whatever the hell is going on with her legs in the bottom left.

Feminism in MY movies? Oh yeah? Well...(furiously draws nipples)

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Jerusalem posted:

I'm always somewhat astounded when guys like Muir decide to prove how "ridiculous" a notion like feminism is by drawing women with their tits out or in otherwise sexualized poses. "Feminism is a stupid and unnecessary thing, and to prove it I'm going to reduce a woman to a sexual object and belittle the idea of equality!"

When has a single strip of Zed and the Homonculi indicated that that isn't what he thinks fatherhood is?

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

Jerusalem posted:

The moment I stop being surprised and start being resigned to that kind of attitude will be a sad day for me personally. I still have hope :unsmith:

I admire your hope but I find it more agreeable to my sanity to save it for things where there is the possibility of change in a reasonable amount of time.

WarpedNaba posted:

Kinda sounds like Mortal Kombat X, if the Xray and Fatalities are anything to go by.

Like this! I've suddenly become a lot more interested in Mortal Kombat X, if only to see my ridiculously over-the-top feminist grindhouse-esque filmic dreams come to fruition. :unsmigghh:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

New Bennett

I dunno this is such a weak burn on Jeb that it could come off like an endorsement if a Republican reads it :shrug:

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

loquacius posted:

New Bennett

I dunno this is such a weak burn on Jeb that it could come off like an endorsement if a Republican reads it :shrug:

Yeah. There should be a plane or something headed to Iraq that JEB is piloting, at least.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Also someone posted this Newsweek article to my Facebook feed, about cartoons from the Mideast about ISIS. It was published in response to Pamela Geller's statement that "Islam does not allow humor."

The Distortion of Islam

This one is specifically in reference to the videos ISIS keeps making promoting itself and terrorizing its victims

The frame says "Image of Islam"

From the article: "ISIS slaughters the Assyrian Lamassu of Nineveh, Iraq". A lamassu is a protective deity from Mesopotamian culture often depicted in statues (which may be found, of course, in museums in London, Paris, Berlin, Chicago and New York as well as in Iraq itself)

There's another one. Shirt on the right says "Humanity," shirt on the left says "Heritage of humanity".

loquacius fucked around with this message at 13:37 on May 16, 2015

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
The invisible hand of the free market has decided that a speech by Bill Clinton was worth 500 000 dollars. A "laissez-faire capitalism is bad, government-controlled price regulation is good" cartoon.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Capfalcon posted:

Yeah. There should be a plane or something headed to Iraq that JEB is piloting, at least.

This is awful, you would make a terrible political cartoonist.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

What if the plane is hurtling toward a hole in Iraq labeled DEBT

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Do you have a source that someone actually laughed to death from this? It's actually related to some grad school work a friend is doing.

I've already been beaten on this, but this is the Daily Mail's follow-up to their original article, which was published 29th March 1975. Snopes also has a pretty good page on this and other cases, which is linked to on the Wiki page for Kung Fu Kapers.

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

"How do I get rid of these nasty roaches?!"

Easy, just burn your house down.

VitalSigns posted:

What if the plane is hurtling toward a weather vane?

What if the plane is hurtling toward a pile of mud, Also drawn with a number of mud flies.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

this is wonderful

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

loquacius posted:

The frame says "Image of Islam"

David Cameron reveals his true colors after getting reelected.

TheMaskedChemist
Mar 30, 2010

VitalSigns posted:

Better label the plane, AMeRICA'S FuTUrE

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Immortan Joe is living the life Muir wishes he could. Did you see the women being milked? That's right up Muir's alley, same with the harem of beautiful women held in captivity and used as breeding stock to sire a viable male heir. Total Muir fantasy material. Of course he's on the side of the bad guy. Muir wishes he could be that.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Pffff, you call that a cartoon.

New York, September 11, 2001. Two airliners zoom towards the Twin Towers. The towers are labelled IRAQ and AFGHANISTAN. The planes are each piloted by BUSH and CHENEY. The planes are labelled ECONOMIC IMPERIALISM and MILITARY ADVENTURISM. The aghast Statue of Liberty watches on in horror and JEB BUSH pokes up from the bottom of the panel saying, "I WOULDN'T HAVE DONE THAT?"

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Cameron and Sturgeon's meeting to discuss Scotland – Prime minister confirms he will consider additional proposals to strengthen tax and welfare powers after talks with first minister"

Telegraph:

Chuka Umunna withdraws Labour leader bid; UKIP's Nigel Farage should take a break - Douglas Carswell

Independent:

After Francis Barraud.

Times:

After Doré.

Mail:
Mac on... Prince Charles's 'black spider memos'

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Shadeoses posted:

Pffff, you call that a cartoon.

New York, September 11, 2001. Two airliners zoom towards the Twin Towers. The towers are labelled IRAQ and AFGHANISTAN. The planes are each piloted by BUSH and CHENEY. The planes are labelled ECONOMIC IMPERIALISM and MILITARY ADVENTURISM. The aghast Statue of Liberty watches on in horror and JEB BUSH pokes up from the bottom of the panel saying, "I WOULDN'T HAVE DONE THAT?"

Don't forget to the have the contrails spell the word "debt" in the sky.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

This one's after David Low:

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Cat Mattress posted:

Don't forget to the have the contrails spell the word "debt" in the sky.

Where's that that Matrix gif where it zooms in to have all the lines in the cartoon as tiny DEBTs?

T. Bombastus
Feb 18, 2013

Mr. Squishy posted:

This is awful, you would make a terrible political cartoonist.
On the contrary: that is awful, he would make an excellent political cartoonist.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Capfalcon posted:

Where's that that Matrix gif where it zooms in to have all the lines in the cartoon as tiny DEBTs?

Debt. Let me tell you how much debt the US has accumulated since Obama became president. There are 387.44 million miles of political cartoons I have produced in the course of my career. If the word 'debt' was engraved on each nanoangstrom of those hundreds of miles it would not equal one one-billionth of the debt the nation is under in this micro-instant. Because of him. Debt. Debt.

Vanir85
Jan 11, 2015

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Immortan Joe is living the life Muir wishes he could. Did you see the women being milked? That's right up Muir's alley, same with the harem of beautiful women held in captivity and used as breeding stock to sire a viable male heir. Total Muir fantasy material. Of course he's on the side of the bad guy. Muir wishes he could be that.

Yeh. The MRA / RedPill types are definetively on the side of the bad guys in the Madverse - and they always would have been. Might makes right, hyper-masculinity, domination and brutality towards those "weaker" (including all of the female gender). It's pretty much their MO. Muir - and other RedPill bastards - would NOT be Max, they would be with Toecutter, taking what they wanted from "Beta" males and then getting curbstomped for it once they pissed off the wrong "Beta" (i.e. someone ACTUALLY like Max - who is NOT someone who would rape and enslave or otherwise control women).

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Ralepozozaxe posted:

David Cameron reveals his true colors after getting reelected.

Oh good, so it wasn't just me who saw it.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
Mallard Fillmore: Year One (February 6-11, 1995)

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

bitey posted:

Breaking!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/news/9344957/Man-who-died-laughing-at-Goodies-had-Long-QT-syndrome.html

Edit: Not really breaking. 2012.

Of course, dying while laughing is not really the same as dying from it.

Cheers, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Portals posted:

I'm mostly freaked out by whatever the hell is going on with her legs in the bottom left.

The punchline of the second one was at least a real joke, for once.:shobon:

• Locked thread