Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chuf
Jun 28, 2011

I had that weird dream again.
No-one told me this game was an SSX reboot. We were lied to!

#huntthetruth :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Bit O Vitriol
Jan 10, 2010

Robutt posted:

No-one told me this game was an SSX reboot. We were lied to!

#huntthetruth :tinfoil:

Utnayan was right all along!

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

TheJoker138 posted:

Hey, quick question. I wasn't a huge fan of the previous games due to the combat just not being my thing, but I'm really interested in this one. Are their lore videos anywhere that sum up the story of the first two that I could watch before this comes out?

Heads-up: The combat will be almost exactly like W2 (quite a bit faster from what it looks like but the same mechanics).

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Man. Just caught up reading all of THAT. I love how COMTE kept their head down until it all blew over.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

I like how Geralt is basically Sam Fisher.
And that is really badass.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

oatgan posted:

guys I miss Utnayan

lmao

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Oh man, Geralt at level 13 fighting in the beginning of Chapter 2 (all those soldier wraiths at the meeting with Saskia and Henselt) is a lot tougher than level 31 Geralt fighting the same. God drat.

God drat this is hard. I gotta learn how to block better.

Karrahad
Nov 4, 2010

GrossMurpel posted:

Heads-up: The combat will be almost exactly like W2 (quite a bit faster from what it looks like but the same mechanics).

From the videos, it looks completely different (in the detailed specifics of how things work). Sure, there's light attack/heavy attack/dodge like in many other games, but you wouldn't call Witcher 2 and Dark Souls "almost exactly like".

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Drifter posted:

Oh man, Geralt at level 13 fighting in the beginning of Chapter 2 (all those soldier wraiths at the meeting with Saskia and Henselt) is a lot tougher than level 31 Geralt fighting the same. God drat.

Blocking is for chumps who don't like to have any vigor, roll everywhere, at all times.

Chuf
Jun 28, 2011

Lil Bit O Vitriol posted:

Utnayan was right all along!

He is so loving bonkers - never have I witnessed such a breakdown. I'd almost feel sorry for him if he wasn't such a massive crazy stalker.

I would prefer to ignore him but the fucker never stops:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Why is he bonkers, it just sounds like he was having fun trolling.

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

A Beard of Constant Sorrow
Are we sure disposing of him permanently wasn't the right choice?

Chuf
Jun 28, 2011

I guess he could be trolling but I remember his shitposting in the MMO HMO so I prefer to think of him as a crazy.

Incidentally I just got to Troll Trouble in my TW2 playthrough and man trolls are the best. I can't wait to get trolled hard by some more trolls come Tuesday.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Drifter posted:

Trolling and stalking MMO devs across multiple forums and going on huge rants about how they wont talk to him are generally different domains.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Drifter posted:

Holy poo poo, I literally can't get past this fight.

This is insane. Whenever I do a riposte thing the enemy gets in a hit while I'm spinning around for my first attack. How nuts. What am I doing wrong with that?

Orv
May 4, 2011
That is a bad fight and my primary reason for not replaying it.

mrfishstick
Oct 15, 2005

GrossMurpel posted:

I really hope combat isn't as animation locked as it was in 2. Being unable to dodge roll out of a swing because Geralt is busy swinging his sword about in the air gets kinda old after awhile.

Chuf
Jun 28, 2011

With TW2 combat, though it's boring, when in doubt: quen and roll.

Darth Ballz
Apr 30, 2003
Feel the burn

Drifter posted:

I have been on this forum for over a decade and it has literally been the same babble since I joined, giving him points for consistency. Although CDProjekt is definitely pushing the boundaries of his sanity further and further toward an asylum. I will enjoy playing the Witcher 3 on my downgraded PS4 this week while basking in his tears of bitter frustration.

Darth Ballz fucked around with this message at 16:24 on May 16, 2015

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

mrfishstick posted:

I really hope combat isn't as animation locked as it was in 2. Being unable to dodge roll out of a swing because Geralt is busy swinging his sword about in the air gets kinda old after awhile.

I really like the idea of animation lock, but for anything more than 2 on 1 it gets really loving hairy and quickly annoying.

:argh:

Ahh, nothing like automatically spinning around and then jumping in the air to finish some guy, and then getting stabbed in the back while in midair.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 16:30 on May 16, 2015

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I lot of my fights ended up being poke>roll away>poke>roll away ad nauseaum. It's even better when you take that skill that extends your roll length massively. It doesn't feel all that sporting but hey Witchers don't fight fair.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Lord Lambeth posted:

I lot of my fights ended up being poke>roll away>poke>roll away ad nauseaum. It's even better when you take that skill that extends your roll length massively. It doesn't feel all that sporting but hey Witchers don't fight fair.

This but with spamming Igni instead of poking.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Iorveth may be my Witcher transfer save simply because I can't fuckign get past this poo poo.

I'm GOING to beat this, this is insane (I'm not insane).

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

I've… seen things you people wouldn't believe… particle effects of fire on the farms of Novigrad. I watched Godrays glitter in the dark near the Oxenfurt Gate. All those… graphics… will be downgraded, like water physics… in… rain. Time… to die…of leukemia.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

What the gently caress is a "real gamer"?

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Andrast posted:

This but with spamming Igni instead of poking.

On topic, I love how igni looks in Witcher 3. It's like a firecracker in his hand. :allears:

Demiurge4 posted:

What the gently caress is a "real gamer"?

Somebody who hasn't played a unreal game

Lord Lambeth fucked around with this message at 16:48 on May 16, 2015

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.

Lord Lambeth posted:

On topic, I love how igni looks in Witcher 3. It's like a firecracer in his hand :allears:

Even better, it has a bunch of different upgrades. One is like a stream of fire and one is a fireball and there's a couple more too I believe

Orv
May 4, 2011
Geralt of Rivia, professional arsonist.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
gently caress me, finally. I'm an aard and yrden man, myself.

I have no idea why that fight, this one time, was so difficult.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Drifter posted:

I have no idea why that fight, this one time, was so difficult.

Sounds like you didn't roll enough.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Drifter posted:

Yrden was always my favourite sign. Quen was undoubtedly the best, but Yrden was more fun.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
I stopped using quen when I realized it was basically cheating. It removes challenge. It's an incredibly overpowered thing. I probably should have used it earlier since I was having such a hard go of it, but nah.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!
Free at last, free at last! Thank GOD ALMIGHTY - Free at last!

Hey Orv, don't forget to talk about how those MMORPG developers I ripped were unethical fucks and abused their consumer base knowingly.

Can we talk about the NVIDIA promotion yet and how CD couldn't say anything about the complete and utter feature cut of the PC version while NVIDIA mislead their customer base to buy high end video cards where the majority of features were cut from the game?

Or maybe the Youtube video that is now deleted because it showed the PS4/PC comparisons and all you get for your new shiny video card at $349-599 is higher resolution with more frames when most everyone uses V-sync to cap at 60 because otherwise they get screen tearing.

Thank God the administrators here at Something Awful are as tired of the shilliing as I am.

Vanilla Gorilla you have a PhD now? That's rich. In what? How to fool internet forum posters to buy lovely MMORPG's and shout down the people that tell the truth about the industry?

Drifter: You rock. (I mean that)

Carry on folks. Time for Billy Joel at 8pm central.

This will be a good game. Next time? Tell the loving truth about the downgrades and the obvious impact on graphic fidelity, and this won't happen.

Lil Bit O Vitriol
Jan 10, 2010
The messiah returns :worship:

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Utnayan posted:

Free at last, free at last! Thank GOD ALMIGHTY - Free at last!

Hey Orv, don't forget to talk about how those MMORPG developers I ripped were unethical fucks and abused their consumer base knowingly.

Can we talk about the NVIDIA promotion yet and how CD couldn't say anything about the complete and utter feature cut of the PC version while NVIDIA mislead their customer base to buy high end video cards where the majority of features were cut from the game?

Or maybe the Youtube video that is now deleted because it showed the PS4/PC comparisons and all you get for your new shiny video card at $349-599 is higher resolution with more frames when most everyone uses V-sync to cap at 60 because otherwise they get screen tearing.

Thank God the administrators here at Something Awful are as tired of the shilliing as I am.

Vanilla Gorilla you have a PhD now? That's rich. In what? How to fool internet forum posters to buy lovely MMORPG's and shout down the people that tell the truth about the industry?

Drifter: You rock. (I mean that)

Carry on folks. Time for Billy Joel at 8pm central.

This will be a good game. Next time? Tell the loving truth about the downgrades and the obvious impact on graphic fidelity, and this won't happen.

>>>/v/

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I thought that guy was getting a month? What happened to that?

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Infinity Gaia posted:

I thought that guy was getting a month? What happened to that?

Time machine.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

iGestalt posted:

Time machine.

He downgraded his probation.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!
/\/\ That was a good one :)

Lil Bit O Vitriol posted:

The messiah returns :worship:

In the internet flesh!

And to all the other shitlord viral marketers, your days are numbered. Most here are intelligent enough to spot one, so I won't go into that here.

Long live SA, a forum where people will be able to come and get solid information about a game, talk about industry jackwagons trying to pull the wool over people's eyes, alert honest customers trying to get said information without our PhD shill resident Vanilla Gorilla saying otherwise when we all know different, and allowing folks to make decisions on platforms without spending money on Video cards which will not drive the features touted in game to begin with as they were cut and not made public. To all those who purchased higher end video cards to gear up making sure you had the ultimate experience, PM me. Because this poo poo is about to get real.

Long live Lowtax. The bastion of our day, and a hell of a guy who will stand up to Tyranny and injustice.

Utnayan fucked around with this message at 17:15 on May 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
After reading the last 8 pages I feel I have been illuminated. gently caress viral marketing, its time to riot in the streets my brothers