Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

greatn posted:

I bet multiple girl is really good at sex having.

Is it sex or masturbation if you're having sex with your own copies?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

timrenzi574
Sep 11, 2001

Doronin posted:

Same here. I basically had zero supervision over what I watched when I was a kid. Probably the first "shocks" I got were seeing Full Metal Jacket when I was about 8, I think, and Scarface before that. But it was awkward for my friends' parents because I always had weird poo poo to talk about.

Murca' - My dad took some friends and I to the theater to buy us T2 tickets when we were 12, but he used to stand in front of the TV and fast forward through the 5 seconds of Beverly D'Angelo's tits when we watched Vacation at home.

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!
Multiple girl DID seem really into herself. Haven't seen looks like that since Orange is the New Black.

Since Skye is supposed to lead them from now on I wonder how many will follow her once they realize they've been duped.

I agree about Daredevil changing how I see fight scenes. The full run of that season was like your little face icon in DOOM. The pain and awkwardness/grappling of the fights seemed realistic, as did his energy and speed depleting as the fights went on.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Doronin posted:

Same here. I basically had zero supervision over what I watched when I was a kid. Probably the first "shocks" I got were seeing Full Metal Jacket when I was about 8, I think, and Scarface before that. But it was awkward for my friends' parents because I always had weird poo poo to talk about.
My first "shock" was probably seeing the Lost World Jurassic Park and seeing Eddie's death which was pretty brutal for 8 year old me. Probably why I have a soft spot for that movie

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

greatn posted:

probably not, she'd spend too much time nodding at her clones

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Soothing Vapors posted:

That's how you know if you're doing a good job.

TEAH SYAG
Oct 2, 2009

by Lowtax

Soothing Vapors posted:

You have to satisfy her and all of her clones or she snaps your neck.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

greatn posted:

On the other hand, she can't use the 'washing her hair' excuse.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Doctor Butts posted:

On the other hand, she can't use the 'washing her hair' excuse.

Well the power may have a range limitation. She was able to be all over that aircraft carrier which was pretty good though.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
Great at sex untillllll:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Gets me every time.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

MacheteZombie posted:

Gets me every time.

Her too, apparently! :v:

Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

It's not like I pack a lunch box full of missiles when I go to work!
Does anyone have all of the episode posters for season 1 and 2 compiled anywhere? I'd love to have them on my hard drive.

E: found them

Neowyrm fucked around with this message at 01:13 on May 16, 2015

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Reading some of the Stand with Ward stuff, I feel bad for Brett Dalton. Some of those fans are nuts, and he is clearly too polite to say so.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Oasx posted:

Reading some of the Stand with Ward stuff, I feel bad for Brett Dalton. Some of those fans are nuts, and he is clearly too polite to say so.

Brett Dalton stars in Agents of Misery

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Oasx posted:

He needs to be in a support group with the Supernatural dudes.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I loved so very many developments from the finale but I gotta say that Grant Ward leading Hydra is one of the best ideas I've ever seen happen.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I do hope he stays complexly crazy rather than just going full evil.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Yeah, it needs to be about his desire to have a "team" rather than him actually caring about HYDRA's goals (since he doesn't seem to.)

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Yeah definitely it's more about him having a team again than giving a poo poo about Hydra.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Oh he didn't give a poo poo about Hydra, but it seemed he more wanted them so he could wreck May and SHIELD's day. If his sole purpose is AARGH KILL SHIELD that'll be less interesting than up until now, but I'm sure they'll manage to throw a twist in.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
The second season of this show has been so generally competent and enjoyable, I really thought I wouldn't have anything to post about anymore. But then the world exploded, or my brain exploded. What the gently caress just happened? What on god's green earth is going on? Has the world gone insane or have I?

So a woman is working at the same place as her abusive ex-boyfriend, and decides she needs some way to protect herself. She doesn't buy a gun, she doesn't start taking self defense classes, she doesn't start carrying mace or a tazer. She surgically implants X-acto knife blades in her fingertips.

First of all, how do you do that? OK, the left hand, sure anybody can surgically implant X-acto knife blades into the finger tips of their left hand, but then what? How do you get the blades onto your right hand? How do you implant X-acto knife blades into your hand using a your non-dominant hand, which already has x-acto knife blades sticking out of all four fingers and the thumb? That has to be almost impossible difficult. Does that mean she got someone else to do it for her? She's working a job so lovely she can't ask to be transferred to a different part of the building from her abusive ex-boyfriend, and she doesn't have enough savings to just quit and find another job, but she has enough money to pay someone to surgically implant X-acto knife blades in her finger tips? How do you find someone with the skills and willingness to do that? Has she always known this guy who always talks about how much he'd like to implant X-acto knife blades into someone? Is that why she went for that option instead of one of those little key chain cans of mace?

But she does it, stetting aside how, she ends up with X-acto knife blades implanted in her fingertips. As a precaution. One of these days, that jerk ex of mine of hers is gonna pull something. It might not be today, or this week, or even this year, but he will. And then, on that day, she'll be glad she has X-acto knife blades implanted in her fingertips. What job is she doing? Where does she work, that having X-acto knife blades coming out of your fingertips doesn't effect your productivity? What boss sees one of his employees show up with freshly implanted X-acto knife blades sticking out of their fingers, and thinks that's fine? And at the same time, that boss won't take any measures to protect employees from abusive exes? What loving Mad Max call center is this? How long did she have the X-acto knife blades before the ex attacked her? How many days, weeks, months did she show up to work with loving X-acto knife blades implanted in her fingertips before she finally got a chance to use them?

But, whatever. She does eventually use them. She kills her ex in self defense, and then... kills again? Because once you have a taste of X-acto violence you need more? Was it her boss, who ignored the dangerous situation that she was in? Or was it just some guy?

A digression here, but it's important. X-acto knife blades get really dull really fast. After the fourth or fifth throat she cuts, she's gonna be in trouble. That cartilage is tough. I hope she kept the phone number of the guy who surgically implants X-acto knife blades into people's fingertips, because she's gonna need to get all ten replaced on a fairly regular basis.

Back to the narrative. So she kills two dudes. One in self defense, one just because. The cops are called, see she has X-acto knife blades implanted into her fingertips, and throw up their hands. That is just something they cannot handle. The justice system can't deal with someone with X-acto knife blades implanted into their fingertips! The Founding Fathers never imagined such a situation when they wrote the Bill of Rights! So there's only one solution; call in SHIELD. And SHIELD knows just what to do with an unrepentant murderer with X-acto knife blades implanted in her fingertips; permanent metal gloves that make it so she can never bend her fingers or feel anything ever again, and then just let her go. Because the initial murders aren't the problem. It's the X-acto blades. Get those covered up, and you can just her go. That is how SHIELD solved the problem.

SHIELD didn't remove the X-acto blades from her fingertips. Maybe they couldn't do it without damaging her fingertips? They're loving X-acto knife blades, you could just snap them in half with a pair of pliers. And you're locking her in immovable steel gloves for the rest of her life, They clearly don't care about her page turning speed. They had to make those gloves. They didn't just have gloves like that lying around, the fingers had to be extra long to account for the X-acto knife blades. Somebody in SHIELD had to sit down and manufacture two permanent metal gloves in order to contain the unstoppable threat of ten, tiny, probably a little dull by that point, one-inch long blades.

I think I've started bleeding from my ears.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Shhh. Shhh. It's all right. It's the low point. It's the stupidest thing but she's gone now and she's never coming back. Just pretend it didn't happen. The show never gets that dumb again.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Why has nobody gifed multiple woman constantly nodding at herself yet? That was so jarring.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

Mokinokaro posted:

Yeah, it needs to be about his desire to have a "team" rather than him actually caring about HYDRA's goals (since he doesn't seem to.)
But that's the beauty of it; Hydra seems, at the surface, to just be a hivemind of jackbooted fanatics, but the truth is that virtually every leader of Hydra just picked and chose the parts of the organization that served their own ends instead of drinking wholesale from the company kool-aid. The Red Skull ended up disassociating himself from Hitler even as he paid lip service to the Reich, and in turn Arnim Zola had his own agendas in mind even as he served Red Skull. John Garrett was in it for the power and had no attachment to Hydra's ideals, and even Baron Strucker merely played the part of the evil overlord in front of his minions whilst ultimately being pretty savvy about how absurd it all was behind their backs. Ward hijacking the remnants of Hydra for his own ends -- to build up his own team, whether as a tool of revenge or closure -- is ironically continuing the tradition of Hydra leaders leading Hydra for their own ends and not for Hydra's.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

MikeJF posted:

Shhh. Shhh. It's all right. It's the low point. It's the stupidest thing but she's gone now and she's never coming back. Just pretend it didn't happen. The show never gets that dumb again.

I think the problem I have with it is that Agents of Shield is a Marvel property. If this was a DC show and she showed up, I'd be like, oh, this doesn't make sense here, but in the comics she's probably a member of the loving Brotherhood of Dada!

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

boom boom boom posted:

I think I've started bleeding from my ears.

It's really best not to think about Razorblade Fingers Girl too long, because she was hilariously stupid.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Let's just say she walked into a tattoo parlor looking for protection and some assholes told her he'd make her so no one would mess with her and then put that blades on her fingertips. He was the second jerk she killed. Then since this was across state lines it was the FBI called in. Some Hydra dick saw this story on buzzfeed and couldn't loving stop laughing, so he made the glove, he went to the FBI and pulled a "Shield is taking over this case" giving some reason about gamma something, then locked the gloves on her, then waited for THAT to show up on reddit and buzzfeed, then went all around the office with a smug look. "That was me. I did that one." :smugdog:

Darth Ballz
Apr 30, 2003
Feel the burn

boom boom boom posted:

I think the problem I have with it is that Agents of Shield is a Marvel property. If this was a DC show and she showed up, I'd be like, oh, this doesn't make sense here, but in the comics she's probably a member of the loving Brotherhood of Dada!

Marvel has a long, long history of an inability to actually create antagonists for their heroes. The only villains with depth and complexity beyond gotta rob banks and/or cause destruction are really Magento, Dr. Doom, and maybe Green Goblin.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

boom boom boom posted:

Pretend she's a Nextwave character.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Darth Ballz posted:

Marvel has a long, long history of an inability to actually create antagonists for their heroes. The only villains with depth and complexity beyond gotta rob banks and/or cause destruction are really Magento, Dr. Doom, and maybe Green Goblin.

I don't know what you're talking abou...

Oh.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Darth Ballz posted:

Magento, the Master of Purplish Light!

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Darth Ballz posted:

That's what I like about Marvel. So many of the villains are just dudes. And so are the heroes. It's a bunch of people who got some minor power or invented some gadget, and decided to make things better. Either for the world, by stopping muggings and bank robberies, or for themselves by mugging people and knocking over banks. I've always thought Spider-Man has the best villains, because if Uncle Ben hadn't died, Spider-man would be a Spider-Man villain. And if any of his enemies had their own Uncle Ben, they would've been Spider-Man.

With SHIELD it's different, because they always have to fight secret organizations and conspiracies and stuff. X-acto knife blade finger woman would've worked if any part of her story made sense. Like, she grew toxic fingernails that were super sharp and the smallest touch would kill someone, so she had killed people accidentally instead of being an out-and-out murderer. and the gloves they used had just covered up her fingertips, instead of being ridiculous steel condoms that covered her entire fingers.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

They seem to be avoiding 'random person falls into a tub of toxic acid and gets superpowers instead of chemical burns'. Pretty much all the superpowers in the MCU are a result of deliberately going for superpowers, with one or two exceptions. Hulk, Daredevil, few others maybe.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 16:36 on May 16, 2015

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I get what they're doing. They're trying to make the Index so goddamn stupid and terrible so in the last episode of the season there'll be a scene like, Couslon want to send Skye out to go pick up some new super powered person and Skye will be all like, no, haven't we learned how stupid and terrible the Index is over this last season of our lives? and Coulson will say, I'm guessing word for word "The Index is gone. We're doing a new program now. Think of it... as an Initiative"

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

boom boom boom posted:

That's what I like about Marvel. So many of the villains are just dudes. And so are the heroes. It's a bunch of people who got some minor power or invented some gadget, and decided to make things better. Either for the world, by stopping muggings and bank robberies, or for themselves by mugging people and knocking over banks. I've always thought Spider-Man has the best villains, because if Uncle Ben hadn't died, Spider-man would be a Spider-Man villain. And if any of his enemies had their own Uncle Ben, they would've been Spider-Man.

boom3 you make some good rear end posts

I'd never thought about that last part, but it's totally true. I mean, hell, Doc Ock is literally just Peter without an Uncle Ben.

NotALizardman fucked around with this message at 17:07 on May 16, 2015

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Know when you say a word so much it loses it's meaning? X-acto knife

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Magento, the Master of Purplish Light!
Now you see me....now you CMYK! *shoots magenta rays*

Dracorion
Jul 23, 2013

BrianWilly posted:

I loved so very many developments from the finale but I gotta say that Grant Ward leading Hydra is one of the best ideas I've ever seen happen.

I thought this was the way they were going at first, when he and Agent 33 recruited Bakshi. They'd build up a new, better, smaller, scrappy Hydra similar to Coulson's SHIELD.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Azhais posted:

I don't know what you're talking abou...

Oh.

Okay...I've seen this posted a few times...was this an actual Spidey-villain, or just some kind of parody or gag?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

jivjov posted:

Okay...I've seen this posted a few times...was this an actual Spidey-villain, or just some kind of parody or gag?

It's from a book called Spidey Super Stories, the entire series is pretty much gags. It was written for small children and isn't actually in continuity.

• Locked thread