Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer
This looks interesting. It's also named Radium so lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Marie Curie did nothing wrong. :colbert:

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

wayfinder posted:

Perhaps it'll work in DosBox, wouldn't bet on it though: http://www.geuggis.com/tb-303/softs/gb303/gb303.zip

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
hahah räd-äss

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

so I got a granular synth to play around with:

https://soundcloud.com/epaulet/felt

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

welp i promised myself my next musical purchase would be synth oriented but i just bought another stupid guitar

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
my cp-251 should be here Friday and will be the last piece of my quest to build a modular Minimoog :twisted:

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Tayter Swift posted:

modular Minimoog :twisted:

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
still less janky than what I have planned

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

its the actual minimoog model A prototype

i still think it would make a p cool entry level modular synth

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
snap

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
i have too many loving wires post your porest wire management stratzzzz

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Tayter Swift posted:

i have too many loving wires post your porest wire management stratzzzz

i use velcro, op

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
i need somewhere to put them when im not using them

like a jewelry stand or coat hangar or something

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
http://www.specialized.net/Specialized/44800NAT-Cable-Lacing-Twine-9Ply-Waxed-Poly--191-yd-Spool-4862.aspx

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
the empire grows

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
you got enough boxes now that it would probably pay off to hold on that for a bit and get some cases/shelves/something going on cause your poo poo be lookin like a richie hawtin yard sale rn

e: very cool though you have a bunch of neat toys

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
the analog four, filter pedal and cp-251 combine to basically give me a minimoog now

the ms-20 can play the thing using usb and the ipad as a midi bridge

the microbrute can do utility stuff but tbh its getting kinda short shrift

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
but yeah i dont know wtf to do about shelving and all that, everything is all patch cord city

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Tayter Swift posted:

but yeah i dont know wtf to do about shelving and all that, everything is all patch cord city

i have the same issues except with VCRs. i just put my computer on top of them

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
voltage controlled recorders?!?

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Tayter Swift posted:

voltage controlled recorders?!?

the world's least efficient four-track cassette decks

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

i kind of want to get the Arturia minilab

But it doesn't have midi out? Most of the cheaper midi controllers actually don't have midi but just usb. wtf is up with that?

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
yeah you really have to step up to find one with midi out

my novation 61 has it

so does the minibrute which is currently on sale for $400 -- hell of a lot more than the key lab but you get a synth out of it :haw:

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
i started my first little experiments with audio rate filter modulation last night and um

gently caress

i mean i plugged my ms20's signal out into the moogerfooger cutoff and I thought he damned thing was broken

Coughing-up Tweed
Jun 12, 2006

Olivil posted:

welp i promised myself my next musical purchase would be synth oriented but i just bought another stupid guitar

synths are bad what did you get?

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

1963 Silvertone 1423L "Jupiter"

it's Sears' equivalent of the Harmony H49 Stratotone Jupiter

Zaxxon
Feb 14, 2004

Wir Tanzen Mekanik

Tayter Swift posted:

yeah you really have to step up to find one with midi out

behringer makes a decent one for $130. I use it for live shows cause it's the only one I can find with midi and battery power.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Zaxxon posted:

behringer makes a decent one for $130. I use it for live shows cause it's the only one I can find with midi and battery power.

oh nice and there's a 25 key one for a hundo, ty

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

"The cosmonauts were transfixed with wonderment as the sun set - over the Earth - there lucklessly, untethered Comrade Todd on fire."

going to ask here as well:

are there any libraries/programs capable of acting as an intermediate MIDI device? essentially I've got a device (a volca sample) expecting CC messages instead of notes, and I'd like to have something "translate" between the two

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
been feeling a bit bored with myself musically lately so i briefly entertained the idea of looking on gumtree (the aussie version of craigslist) for some musical types to hang out with. literally nothing but metal bands whose mission statement is "sound exactly like $other_band" and creepy "LOOKING FOR 18-25 YEAR OLD FEMALE SINGER FOR PROJECT MUST BE HOT"

think i'm just going to crawl right back up my own rear end in a top hat and stagnate, thanks

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
kinda tempted to put out an ad that just says "WANTED: loving WEIRDO" in the title and "you know who you are" for the body

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Vlad the Retailer posted:

going to ask here as well:

are there any libraries/programs capable of acting as an intermediate MIDI device? essentially I've got a device (a volca sample) expecting CC messages instead of notes, and I'd like to have something "translate" between the two

i think MIDI OX can do this kind of thing. it's quite flexible though so maybe you'll find another use

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Trig Discipline posted:

kinda tempted to put out an ad that just says "WANTED: loving WEIRDO" in the title and "you know who you are" for the body

oh please :pray:

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Trig Discipline posted:

been feeling a bit bored with myself musically lately so i briefly entertained the idea of looking on gumtree (the aussie version of craigslist) for some musical types to hang out with. literally nothing but metal bands whose mission statement is "sound exactly like $other_band" and creepy "LOOKING FOR 18-25 YEAR OLD FEMALE SINGER FOR PROJECT MUST BE HOT"

think i'm just going to crawl right back up my own rear end in a top hat and stagnate, thanks

convince one of those metal bands to try and sound like mr. bungle. you'll be set

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

Trig Discipline posted:

Move to the SE USA and I'll be as weird as you want me to be.

enotnert
Jun 10, 2005

Only women bleed
considering buying a miditribe to be able to use a keyboard on my monotribe. . .

or i could build the circuit myself, but whatevs.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Oldstench posted:

I'll be as weird as you want me to be.

tempting but

Oldstench posted:

Move to the SE USA

ummmm nah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy