Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
The twist will be that this Ciri is actually a Geralt from another dimension where everyone's genders are swapped, Yennifer becomes Yohn and Triss becomes Trad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Tamayachi posted:

The twist will be that this Ciri is actually a Geralt from another dimension where everyone's genders are swapped, Yennifer becomes Yohn and Triss becomes Trad.

Emhyr var Emreis just becomes Emmy. Voiced by Judi Dench.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

1stGear posted:

Nah, that'd be a lovely twist for multiple reasons, some of which might be spoiler-ish.

Ciri resembles Geralt because like Robutt said, their fates and destiny are intertwined. Sword of Destiny, Child of Prophecy, the coming of the Wolf's Blizzard, all that poo poo.

Yea just to be clear that wasn't meant to be seen as a GOOD thing, just like, what I'm used to in situations like this in games.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Holy poo poo the other thread has like 700 replies since yesterday afternoon :stare: I'm going to hang out here.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Bort Bortles posted:

Holy poo poo the other thread has like 700 replies since yesterday afternoon :stare: I'm going to hang out here.

First 15 pages is downgrade trolling.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
It's not even trolling, it's a dude who's literally loving crazy going on some kind of ethics in video game marketing crusade and idiots who can't help reply to him.

For 15 loving pages :ughh: I think he finally left or got probated or something though.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Here are a couple of videos to refresh your memories of the first two games if you are like me and roleplay being Geralt in real life and hardly remember them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiqMr0OvQog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSftIRQzYCM

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Wait, why are there two threads? I assumed this one was closed and bookmarked the other one.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

havenwaters posted:

First 15 pages is downgrade trolling.

VDay posted:

It's not even trolling, it's a dude who's literally loving crazy going on some kind of ethics in video game marketing crusade and idiots who can't help reply to him.

For 15 loving pages :ughh: I think he finally left or got probated or something though.
:cripes:

Samurai Sanders posted:

Wait, why are there two threads? I assumed this one was closed and bookmarked the other one.
Its because we lose them often.

Orv made a new one because this thread's OP washed his hands of it and the game is being released in a couple days, so Orv did the new one with links to videos, articles, and poo poo related to W3coming out.
edit: found the post:

Orv posted:

Section 31 has washed his hands of the OP so I'm gonna take my customary amount of caring too much about something no-one will ever read to a new one. Anything you guys think needs to be in there? Thinking the Killing Monsters and Launch Cinematics, W1 & 2 summary and info posts, nice big lore poo poo on Witcher in general + 3, anything I'm missing?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

Section 31 is overseas right now and trying to keep in the dark about Witcher so I made a new OP because this one isn't really anything. Should be closed in the next couple days whey they get time.

And yeah captain psycho has standing Kewpuh orders to keep out so it should hopefully get down to talking about the game.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
It's meta posting related to the game, in honor of Witcher 2's branching plotline.

1 choice, 2 threads.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Drifter posted:

It's meta posting related to the game, in honor of Witcher 2's branching plotline.

1 choice, 2 threads.

This is the Scoia'tael thread. The older thread that continues to exist in an act of rebellion against the other now-official thread.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
There is no reason Book Geralt would choose this thread over the other one. I'm not saying you shouldn't post in both threads, but if you're a true roleplayer, you need to post in the other thread over this one.

Orv
May 4, 2011

The Sharmat posted:

There is no reason Book Geralt would choose this thread over the other one. I'm not saying you shouldn't post in both threads, but if you're a true roleplayer, you need to post in the other thread over this one.

Please don't associate my thread with roleplayers. :smith:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Do we get sex cards from sleeping with Orv.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Orv posted:

Please don't associate my thread with roleplayers. :smith:

m'poster

Orv
May 4, 2011
I have a deal with Hallmark but only for the I'm Sorry section.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

The Sharmat posted:

He's not sure. He's not a dev.

I mean it seems likely, but there's no reason to take his prediction as gospel.

Gamestar review said no Witcher 1 stuff :shrug:

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

GrossMurpel posted:

Gamestar review said no Witcher 1 stuff :shrug:

I don't speak German. Care to translate?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

The Sharmat posted:

I don't speak German. Care to translate?

Keine Witcher einem dinge.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I just said I don't speak German. You're being extremely insensitive to me.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

The Sharmat posted:

I don't speak english, so I don't know how to respond.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
This is actually how WW1 started.

Orv
May 4, 2011

The Sharmat posted:

This is actually how WW1 started.

I'm gonna teach you to speak English with this 1910!

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
We should downgrade our threat levels, much the same way CDPr downgraded their videogame.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

VDay posted:

Also he tried to claim that he is Chris Kluwe.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Bort Bortles posted:

Its because we lose them often.
There were a lot of good answers but this is my favorite.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

The Sharmat posted:

This is the page of the article it 's on. Under the subheader "Wenige Übernahmen" it roughly says:
If there's one thing that disappoints us about the story, it's this: At the end of the prolog, we can reconstruct only five of our decisions from Witcher 2. And even these five only influence which side characters appear.
The political climate and general story remain unchanged by this. Witcher 1 decisions are completely out of the question; None of them will be imported, even if you imported a W1 save into W2.
At least if you import a W2 save, more than five choices will be imported.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
That's more like what I imagined.

Orv
May 4, 2011
It's almost like the big push for choice in RPGs was bullshit all along. :magical:

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
The only thing that would have mattered remotely was Adda or Siegfried and then it's not really that important. And if you didn't play TW2 why would they give you options for decisions you made in TW1, the significantly older and less popular game?

Kinda weird they wouldn't carry over flags that existed in TW2 but whatever.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

One is for humans and the other is for monsters, duh!

(The other thread is the monster thread)

Orv
May 4, 2011

Lava Lamp Goddess posted:

One is for humans and the other is for monsters, duh!

(The other thread is the monster thread)

Can confirm.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I don't much care about imported choices. I think there's a difference between external choices (imports) and internal choices (like At the Crossroads). It's the internal choices that I think are good. The problem I had with Mass Effect choices wasn't that the import didn't affect enough stuff, it's that the course of the gameplay was identical regardless of your choices within a game. Have internal choices affect the course of the game and I'm fine with the import only customizing dialogue.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I care about it when it would make sense for it to matter but otherwise not so TW1 not getting much doesn't bother me a lot.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

Crosspost from the bad thread

black.lion posted:

So I never finished my second run through of W2, to see all of the Roche's path jazz. I stopped about halfway through Act 2. Is there a good walkthrough out there so I can just fly through it this evening? I want to have two distinct saves to import for 2 playthroughs if W3.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I found the Witcher Wiki good enough to get through stuff I could not on my own.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Is the wild hunt itself something you can just encounter in the game world, or is it always somewhere else until the plot calls for it?

Also I spent up until almost the end of the second game not having a single clue what it actually was. I'm still not 100% sure I know. Angry undead elves or something?

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Someone should please upload a face tattoo, la valette lived, iorveth path, freed saskia, killed sile, letho lived save so I stop feeling the nagging urge to slam out W2 to make one :sweatdrop:

No Mods No Masters fucked around with this message at 21:28 on May 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

Is the wild hunt itself something you can just encounter in the game world, or is it always somewhere else until the plot calls for it?

Also I spent up until almost the end of the second game not having a single clue what it actually was. I'm still not 100% sure I know. Angry undead elves or something?

Elves from another dimension.

• Locked thread