Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deliciouscesium
Apr 10, 2012
I'm now waiting to hear Jirou's grand knocking is actually a tenderizing technique for earth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

Deliciouscesium posted:

I'm now waiting to hear Jirou's grand knocking is actually a tenderizing technique for earth.

So wait, Earth is Acacia's Dessert. Was this cooked during the last Gourmet Solar Eclipse?

Also, he (Acacia) apparently still exists in some form or fashion at least to the blue nitro

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~
Lol if you actually thought that Acacia was dead. At no point did anyone even say he died, he's definitely going to show up near the end.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I just hope it doesn't pull a Naruto where the past generation all return to the spotlight and outshine everyone except Toriko who becomes Food Jesus to keep up with the power creep. Jiro being an amazing badass but not taking up too much time in an arc even if he does appear? That's great, keep it that way.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

AnonSpore posted:

I just hope it doesn't pull a Naruto where the past generation all return to the spotlight and outshine everyone except Toriko who becomes Food Jesus to keep up with the power creep. Jiro being an amazing badass but not taking up too much time in an arc even if he does appear? That's great, keep it that way.

Not even likely.
The series has ben good about old not eclipsing new. It's even a theme.

And don't even compare it to Naruto, when has the series disappointed? Well except for the mindnumbingly asinine minority world.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Remember the appearance of Toriko's blue oni? Where the gently caress did that come from? Also, heal water completely negated the efforts made in the end of the Century Soup arc.

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

Mraagvpeine posted:

Also, heal water completely negated the efforts made in the end of the Century Soup arc.

Something not readily available and produced by the incredibly powerful Derous, one of the Eight Kings of Gourmet World.

The other method was also supposed to take years to regrow an arm and could very well kill you in the process.

ANIME AKBAR posted:

Lol if you actually thought that Acacia was dead.

That his Hors d'Oeuvre has the ability to bring the dead back to life tells me that he could very well be dead and that he could be waiting to be revived.

Even Kaka stated that Mohyan Shaishai is reviving something incredible right now. It may stand to reason that he could be preparing the body.

Seebach fucked around with this message at 16:19 on May 8, 2015

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009

Rigged Death Trap posted:

And don't even compare it to Naruto, when has the series disappointed? Well except for the mindnumbingly asinine minority world.

Rip komatsu's nose or any cooking/food themes ever returning

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

I'm seeing this from an AoS perspective.

white primer uber alles
Toriko: Pierce the heavens with your fork

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

http://bato.to/read/_/321250/toriko_ch323_by_hi-wa-mata-noboru !!!

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Wow that was one hell of an infodump!

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

That was a spectacular infodump chapter... I WANT MORE... information is a delicious ingredient in of itself!

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

So Acacia's Food Demon is the creature that was in Midora's flashback about a fairytale monster that would eat the sun back in chapter 252?

Does this now make Acacia the main villian? It would make sense to stop a gourmet war in order to create elite chefs to help make Acacia's full course the most incredible course to awaken this inner demon of his.

Was Frohze in on it as well?

This was an info dump, but it caused more questions as well.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Seebach posted:

So Acacia's Food Demon is the creature that was in Midora's flashback about a fairytale monster that would eat the sun back in chapter 252?

Does this now make Acacia the main villian? It would make sense to stop a gourmet war in order to create elite chefs to help make Acacia's full course the most incredible course to awaken this inner demon of his.

Was Frohze in on it as well?

This was an info dump, but it caused more questions as well.

Hah I looked back on that chapter.
Nitro-Pair's name was dropped way back when.

As for the person who Kali-Ma'd Kaka, that was Joa wasn't it? Maybe Joa is Frohze's appetite demon gone wild/joined the blue nitro/brainwashed
But seriously this is tying up a lot of loose ends concerning Acacia and then making a whole lot more.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Hah I looked back on that chapter.
Nitro-Pair's name was dropped way back when.

As for the person who Kali-Ma'd Kaka, that was Joa wasn't it? Maybe Joa is Frohze's appetite demon gone wild/joined the blue nitro/brainwashed
But seriously this is tying up a lot of loose ends concerning Acacia and then making a whole lot more.

Yeah that was Joa for sure.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!
Now i'm just wondering if other planets have full courses and this goes full on gurren lagan.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
lol if you think the epilogue of gourmet world won't be them leaving to go explore the gourmet galaxy.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

This is the best interpretation of Expanding Universe theory I have seen.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I love it it's great :allears:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

dragon enthusiast posted:

lol if you think the epilogue of gourmet world won't be them leaving to go explore the gourmet galaxy.

One day, they will land on the meteors used in midora's meteor spice and learn they are just really, really huge peppercorns.

e: or garlic.

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

dragon enthusiast posted:

Well Neo is already building a vessel that is suspiciously either a spaceship or submarine to go to the holy gourmet land.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

So spice meteors were the final touches of the Earth cooking process? Or unrelated?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Gives a whole new meaning to "Global Warming".

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Lpzie posted:

So spice meteors were the final touches of the Earth cooking process? Or unrelated?

I think the meteor spice was Midora's way of spoiling the broth.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
They say too many cooks can spoil the broth

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
Finally convinced my GF to watch the anime with me a while back, and as we're nearing the end I decided to "finish" a reread by just kinda skimming some bits and then reading the end of the gourmet fest arc. Man, I REALLY forgot how much random exposition came out in the few chapters after, lots of stuff going on that I completely forgot about.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Death Bot posted:

Finally convinced my GF to watch the anime with me a while back, and as we're nearing the end I decided to "finish" a reread by just kinda skimming some bits and then reading the end of the gourmet fest arc. Man, I REALLY forgot how much random exposition came out in the few chapters after, lots of stuff going on that I completely forgot about.

Oh man if you haven't watched all of the anime yet, you're in for a treat with the last few episodes. And by treat I mean :wtc:

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
Yeah I remember hearing that at some point. It sounded pretty bad lol. I just wanted to have a reference so I can point out where it all goes wrong

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Death Bot posted:

Yeah I remember hearing that at some point. It sounded pretty bad lol. I just wanted to have a reference so I can point out where it all goes wrong

My friends (who only have watched the anime) and myself just recently caught up with the last episode, and surprisingly it's not THAT different from the manga - in that, if they ever picked the show back up, they could continue where it left off with little trouble.

I mean YEAH, it sure as hell goes on one HELL of a :wtf: tangent Treasure-Trolliko :haw: but for some reason I had it in my head that they brought the anime series to a complete close or in a completely different direction.

We totally participated during the Tina segments

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!
Wait... was the real Kaka killed and Pair (the nitro) took her place?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

dazoner posted:

Wait... was the real Kaka killed and Pair (the nitro) took her place?

Real Kaka was killed and some other nitro took her place. We recently saw fake Kaka being stopped from the flight Bambina sent it on by Pair.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Then who was giving the infodump before getting stabbed and taken away?

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
Kaka's food ghost

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Terror Sweat posted:

Then who was giving the infodump before getting stabbed and taken away?

Ghost real Kaka.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
I don't think Kaka was ever shown as being killed, just impersonated. It's possible she's always been dead, and the other nitro took her identity after escaping the food pyramid!

But if she was dead, why is being stabbed such a big deal, unless Pair brought her back to lifFUCK EVERYTHING :livintrope:

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
New Chapter

Lots of good feels in this chapter. The Komatsu autograph gag will always make me laugh.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Hahaha JiJi is The Hairiest Nitro :allears:

A good chapter.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

This is how it went for me

group: OH No kaka,

Pot guy: No sokay she can't be killed again.

me: Wait aren't you... precision chef: "OH HELLO THERE SPY WE PLACED INTO NEO WHATS THE REPORT." me again... oh... okay, that works.

blah blah expose

blah blah we need to get multiple ingredients.

gently caress YES KOMATSU SOLO RUN

OH poo poo MOTHERFUCKING BALLOON TURTLE.

:allears: Continue Toriko, never stop.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Oh poo poo yes Komatsu is finally going to get his superpower isn't he? :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
Oh man, this chapter made me all smiles. :allears:

• Locked thread