Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

as an aside... im still getting invaded on my ng+4 guy with 50 vit, 40 end, 50 str, 50 skill and 40 bloodtinge lol.

i believe in this game there's no distinction between ng+s for online stuff. It's all based on level, which means basically any ng+ character has a huge pool of online options now that the game has been out this long, which is great because the online can last forever now. It's a million times better than the crap in dark souls II

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

do gems not make u do loads of damage no matter what lvl you are? like im only using 20% extra dmg gems i already had from playing through the game btu you can get way better ones than that.

yeah but if your in an early area youll probably fight people not on ng+ who don;t have gems, or good gems.

i thin kat your level though your probably only gonna get invaded by people on ng+..

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

beat yarnham queen yesterday... super freaky boss. just need to kill ebrietas for platinum now... except im on ng+3 and shes too hard 4 me -____-

went back and beat her on my ng+3 char after learning the fight on ng btw... total domination. i think i got hit twice. i uploaded it here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0w-u3FRWd0

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
the ps4 is the greatest console ever made. whoever thought of the automatic recording function should be given a big golden trophy

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

the ps4 is the greatest console ever made. whoever thought of the automatic recording function should be given a big golden trophy

it's so sweet. the only problem I have with the system is that the PS3 had a ton of old ps1 games on the store that I bought and played but you can't get em on ps4 for some reason.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sony had a press conference a few months ago to announce that they're going to release the ps1 version of Final Fantasy VII on ps4. It's like, come on dude.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Sony had a press conference a few months ago to announce that they're going to release the ps1 version of Final Fantasy VII on ps4. It's like, come on dude.

they also said not that long ago that they would release psx emulation for ps4 at some point but haven't said anything since so

nice. is ng+ really hard enough that i should be demotivated from playing it, or should i suck it up and plat this game?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

hubris.height posted:

they also said not that long ago that they would release psx emulation for ps4 at some point but haven't said anything since so

nice. is ng+ really hard enough that i should be demotivated from playing it, or should i suck it up and plat this game?

its not so bad ... bosses have a LOT of hp though so you have to be able to survive against them for longer than on ng.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
the real difficulty is beating the yharnam queen which requries u to beat the defiled chalice first, which halves your hp and has really difficult bosses.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
does she power up from being ng+ or is that based on the kind of dungeon you create?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

chalice stuff is separate from ng+ , it doesn't scale

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

the automatic recording is really cool. i have like 20 videos saved.

does anyone know if theres a faswter way to fast forward through your videos, though..?... every time I push the save video thing, the cool part is at the end and I can't just skip to it

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

hubris.height posted:

does she power up from being ng+ or is that based on the kind of dungeon you create?

it doesnt matter if youre on ng or ng+, they dont get more difficult. i think theyre designed to be completed over the course of like 2 or 3 playthroughs. the higher the depth of the chalice, the harder it is. depth 5 chalices are probably harder than ng+, and the defiled chalice is freaking hard. two of the bosses in it took me 10+ tries each

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i think i may have gotten summoned into a NG+ game one time to fight the witches... I had been doing really solid damage in other summons, but on that fight i was basically doing chip damage with each hit. is that possible?

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

GulagDolls posted:

the automatic recording is really cool. i have like 20 videos saved.

does anyone know if theres a faswter way to fast forward through your videos, though..?... every time I push the save video thing, the cool part is at the end and I can't just skip to it

are u using sharefactory? don't. the system update that added game pausing during rest mode also added the ability to split video clips thru the context menu (when you browsing them on the system menu) and save your splits as separate / save over the original video, and it's really fast and good.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

sector_corrector posted:

i think i may have gotten summoned into a NG+ game one time to fight the witches... I had been doing really solid damage in other summons, but on that fight i was basically doing chip damage with each hit. is that possible?

yes, and very likely, if people are trying out epic low-level runs now

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
interesting... are low level runs significantly different in this game than they were in the soulses?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I.N.R.I posted:

it doesnt matter if youre on ng or ng+, they dont get more difficult. i think theyre designed to be completed over the course of like 2 or 3 playthroughs. the higher the depth of the chalice, the harder it is. depth 5 chalices are probably harder than ng+, and the defiled chalice is freaking hard. two of the bosses in it took me 10+ tries each

Was one of them the watchdog? because that's what i'm banging up against right now

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Was one of them the watchdog? because that's what i'm banging up against right now

yea. my advice - hit it once or twice after it tries to bite you and then dodge cos it will probably charge. it doesnt seem to really charge unless you hit it. if your vitality is good then you can probably survive 1 of most of its other attacks. if it throws up lava, you got lucky. you can stun it by hitting it a bunch when it does that, but watch out cos it explodes when it gets up. u take extra damage when you get hit while dodging or attacking, so bear that in mind, its important when u have less hp.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i think i'm going to get 2 to 3 hours of being a huge piece of poo poo and doing nothing but playing bloodborne tomorrow. can't wait, fam.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

nothin wrong with a little game time.... im mad psn is down. how am i gonna murder people now

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

We did it all. 50 pages

Dec 26, 2012

i finally beat ebreitas. holy poo poo

SleepySonata
Mar 3, 2010

01011001 posted:

i finally beat ebreitas. holy poo poo

:cool:

What did you do her in with?

Dec 26, 2012

kirkhammer + tonitrus + 2 bone marrowed cannon shots to the head

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i killed rom on my 4th attempt. idk if i got lucky or not, but i basically just ignored the spiders after the first wave, and made sure that i was never far enough away to trigger the meteor storm. then it was just a matter of constantly moving to avoid spider attacks and dodging whenever she started doing the tantrum or arcane explosion buildup.

"hooooooly shiiiiiiit" - me, upon seeing the skyline of the city of the unseen

Dec 26, 2012

that, uh, that sure was an ending

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
hmmm, logarius seems tricky

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

hmmm, logarius seems tricky

He's a motherfucker to me, and the boss I had to most difficulty with

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
idk if it's my level or not (a little over 50), but his ranged stuff is nearly one shotting me. he sort of seems like a more spry vendrick, where you want to keep to his back and just harry him w/ quick attacks, but every fuckup pretty much kills me. i've only tried one time on my own and a few times in co-op tho... i might progress some more and come back to him in a bit.

one thing i'm running into is that i'm not sure what to level aside from just dumping points into vit.

i have enough stamina to get off a chain of 3 sledgehammer attacks, i've heard that where i'm at in str (30) has diminishing returns, i have no interest in skill or arcane this playthrough...

i guess i could up my bloodtinge (10 right now) to get more power out of my cannon attacks

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

idk if it's my level or not (a little over 50), but his ranged stuff is nearly one shotting me. he sort of seems like a more spry vendrick, where you want to keep to his back and just harry him w/ quick attacks, but every fuckup pretty much kills me. i've only tried one time on my own and a few times in co-op tho... i might progress some more and come back to him in a bit.

one thing i'm running into is that i'm not sure what to level aside from just dumping points into vit.

i have enough stamina to get off a chain of 3 sledgehammer attacks, i've heard that where i'm at in str (30) has diminishing returns, i have no interest in skill or arcane this playthrough...

i guess i could up my bloodtinge (10 right now) to get more power out of my cannon attacks

the soft cap for stuff is 50 and up to that point you still see pretty good gains for leveling it (idk what hammer STR scaling is though)

you're also at the point where a lot of bosses are just going one shot you unless you start pumping more points into vit. My second playthrough I didn't level vit once until trying to erbietras and most bosses would one or two shot me after vicar Amelia.

Dec 26, 2012

for logarius the magic part isnt too bad. just keep in mind that you can quickstep past a bunch of it to hit him once or twice, then leave, dont keep wailing on him because he counters getting greedy pretty reliably

vit is super important in bloodborne compared to any of the other souls games because blood vials heal 40% of your max instead of a fixed amount and because it hits diminishing returns slower. if you have 20-something vit you should be fine, i just beat the game with 25 and that felt like enough

cannon has total garbage bloodtinge scaling, dont waste your time. it doesnt even have a bloodtinge requirement to use. just upgrade it and remember to use the bone marrow and blood bullets if youre gonna use it

Dec 26, 2012

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

He's a motherfucker to me, and the boss I had to most difficulty with

that was one of the most fun co-op fights ive done in a souls game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

01011001 posted:

that was one of the most fun co-op fights ive done in a souls game

That was a loving epic battle

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
interesting... i think i'm still going to try to make progress in nightmare frontier and then come back to him. i've also resolve to not pull the cord on my connection for that part and game with honor instead.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think a full coop run in Bloodborne would be fun. It feels like the bosses are way better scaled for summons since they add a ton f health. Most of the bosses in past games outside of O&S, the throne defender/watcher and smelter demon (just bc people are bad and always died) were totally busted when you add one or two people.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i would be willing to do a co-op run. it's a lot easier since they added passwords, but i haven't fooled around w/ those yet.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

sector_corrector posted:

i would be willing to do a co-op run. it's a lot easier since they added passwords, but i haven't fooled around w/ those yet.

They work but it can take longer than you'd think to link up.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I bob#3 and myself used passwords to match very quickly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
huh, i took down amygdala in my first solo attempt, although i did test him out with some coop to start.

i sort of wish i'd never played a souls game before, because i can smell a boss arena from a mile away, and i can only imagine how cool it would be to run into that area and poo poo your pants as amygdala drops on your head