Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jaramin
Oct 20, 2010

I do my best to invalidate the targeted ads on videos by using uBlock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

I am a scrub and like Brentalfloss, mostly because I can't enjoy lyricless music.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
All this talk of buttrock and no sign of the best, buttiest buttrock of them all. A boss theme epic in scope, sung by the lead singer of Deep Purple.

I give you... :black101:ETERNITY:black101:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWtpAzbEnc8

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

paradoxGentleman posted:

Aren't there an handful of goon made LPs of that one? Not even them pulled it off?

Dabir posted:

Game Grumps aside, those are the handful of goons.

Both MassRafTer and Danaru completed Sonic 06 without Silver credits issues.

Also while I'm here, slowbeef's complaint about the meteors in Flame Core being completely undodgeable reminded me of this fantastic moment.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

Also while I'm here, slowbeef's complaint about the meteors in Flame Core being completely undodgeable reminded me of this fantastic moment.

Oh my god, I knew this game was complete rear end but that just takes the cake. It's beautiful. :allears:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Getting back to being weird about Youtubers I just found out that actually there is an entire sub reddit dedicated very deeply to uncovering the mysterious tangle of yarn that is the friendship of two random dudes who are famous on the internet. Thankfully most of the posts I've seen don't take it seriously but they have an entire tag dedicated to what is basically paparazzi posting minute details of the interactions between Jon and Arin after his departure from Game Grumps and it's pretty drat weird!

edit: Not to say that the not as serious stuff isn't also weird. Here's a long series of posts about whether or not Arin said "So long, gay Bowser!" (y'know, what people think Mario says when he throws Bowser) in a Super Mario 64 episode and then censored himself, that has an actual serious back-and-forth about examining the audio CSI style

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 00:46 on May 17, 2015

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Can you imagine how much good for humanity could these people do if they pointed this kind of knowledge elsewhere?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

paradoxGentleman posted:

Can you imagine how much good for humanity could these people do if they pointed this kind of knowledge elsewhere?

No, because we'd end up with the same thing that happened during the Boston Bomber incident with a lot more frequency.

http://www.businessinsider.com/reddit-falsely-accuses-sunil-tripathi-of-boston-bombing-2013-7

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
That's the kind of poo poo that ends up getting innocent people swatted, harassed, stalked etc. Internet detectiving is still bad for all the same reasons regardless of what the severity of whatever the target is accused of is.

e: ^ basically that. The last thing you want when there's a criminal accusation going around is for a crowd of random assholes to decide a guy who's actually unrelated to the crime did it and plaster his personal information on the web and/or go for a "little visit".

Hyper Crab Tank fucked around with this message at 01:14 on May 17, 2015

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
I contend that the only part of reddit that's remotely defendable is http://reddit.com/r/CatsStandingUp

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Jobbo_Fett posted:

He went to DeVry?

Is DeVry considered to be a bad college? I ask this because I have a degree from DeVry and sometimes I wonder if I'd been better off attending a different college.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Max Wilco posted:

Is DeVry considered to be a bad college? I ask this because I have a degree from DeVry and sometimes I wonder if I'd been better off attending a different college.

Not sure what it's like in its modern incarnation, but it used to be looked down on because the requirements to get in and pass were lax.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Please eventually go back to talking about youtube celebrities getting creeped on by fans that don't understand personal boundaries. That was a great laugh.

SnakemanMn
Apr 1, 2013

"What is green, slimy, and smells like bacon?"

RareAcumen posted:

Please eventually go back to talking about youtube celebrities getting creeped on by fans that don't understand personal boundaries. That was a great laugh.
This recent discussion about the whole "Game Grumps with 'So long, gay Bowser!'" fiasco in CJacob's post seems to fall under this category. There are people in the reddit thread that he linked that are posting audio graphs from the video and trying to do some sort of "professional, in-depth analysis" on it in order to determine if it was legit or edited in post.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

SnakemanMn posted:

This recent discussion about the whole "Game Grumps with 'So long, gay Bowser!'" fiasco in CJacob's post seems to fall under this category. There are people in the reddit thread that he linked that are posting audio graphs from the video and trying to do some sort of "professional, in-depth analysis" on it in order to determine if it was legit or edited in post.

It really is something to be seen (this isn't even the whole comment chain), if only because it makes me want to throw up my hands and go WHAT IS THE POINT

Capt. J. Linebeck
Dec 28, 2012

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

It also reminded me of this moment right here

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

:black101: Break a leg! :black101:

CJacobs posted:

It really is something to be seen (this isn't even the whole comment chain), if only because it makes me want to throw up my hands and go WHAT IS THE POINT

THEY MIGHT BE CENSORING THEMSELVES TO AVOID OFFENDING SOMEONE AND THE IDEA OF HAVING THE DECENCY TO NOT poo poo ON PEOPLE CONSTANTLY CONFUSES AND FRIGHTENS ME

It's amazing how much effort people will go to in order to be offended and whiny if they think someone's feelings might be being taken into consideration. :v:

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

Fridurmus posted:

THEY MIGHT BE CENSORING THEMSELVES TO AVOID OFFENDING SOMEONE AND THE IDEA OF HAVING THE DECENCY TO NOT poo poo ON PEOPLE CONSTANTLY CONFUSES AND FRIGHTENS ME

It's amazing how much effort people will go to in order to be offended and whiny if they think someone's feelings might be being taken into consideration. :v:

They've also said way more offensive things in the past, so if they were gonna worry about PC then I doubt they'd start here.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
A reminder that they used to refer to their fans as "cumfaggots".

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

dreezy posted:

A reminder that they used to refer to their fans as "cumfaggots".

Jon did once as a joke, because it was supposed to be a name no one would ever want to use. Naturally the Reddit fanbase still keeps it alive two years after Jon left because of the "teehee bad words ow the edge loving SJWs" mindset that is Reddit

Danaru fucked around with this message at 16:49 on May 17, 2015

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

I think they are at least making an effort to be somewhat less unnecessarily offensive, for what it's worth.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Is his opinion "gently caress feminazis"?

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Dabir posted:

I believe it's
"HAHAHAHA WOOOOOOW. What a bunch of idiots."

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Dabir posted:

He is anti-Anita so that makes him a pretty good guy.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Dabir posted:

Leal posted:

Same thing, really.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Leal posted:

I think he also said the gamergate poo poo was retarded. He's more of a "why the gently caress are you guys talking about this and not how much of a hack Kojima is?"

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Unfunny Poster posted:

I think he also said the gamergate poo poo was retarded.

I can't help but agree. I asked a 'friend', who supports gamergate, if he could explain it to me, just to see if he could,and I swear the first words out of his mouth were "It's about ethics in video game journalism'.

I was blown away, since I just thought that was some sort of overused punchline on SA, but he was serious :psyduck:

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Unfunny Poster posted:

I think he also said the gamergate poo poo was retarded. He's more of a "why the gently caress are you guys talking about this and not how much of a hack Kojima is?"

Darksyde Phil is still too much of an adult to think that ethics in what number is assigned to GTA 5 matter.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Why are let's plays so popular in Germany?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I can't help but agree. I asked a 'friend', who supports gamergate, if he could explain it to me, just to see if he could,and I swear the first words out of his mouth were "It's about ethics in video game journalism'.

I was blown away, since I just thought that was some sort of overused punchline on SA, but he was serious :psyduck:

GamerGate people have like a script of the same phrases that they use to respond to any questions about why they're a part of some shithole movement that, as far as I know, hasn't actually done anything but show up to harass women any time they produce something.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Big Scary Owl posted:

gently caress all on television?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Big Scary Owl posted:

Probably because they ca't find any homegrown entertainment that doesn't end in genocide?

Unrelated, but a friend is in Germany and he said he has to actually download the YouTube video he wants to watch since his ISP has a monopoly on the service that they limit the speeds etc.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

RareAcumen posted:

GamerGate people have like a script of the same phrases that they use to respond to any questions about why they're a part of some shithole movement that, as far as I know, hasn't actually done anything but show up to harass women any time they produce something.

It got a bunch of advertising pulled from Gawker costing them literal millions which led to gawker posting this hilarious meltdown letter calling their ad partners cowards. They've removed it since but it can be found on the Wayback Machine, but I'm too lazy to dig it up.

the movement was by and large a shithole but some funny things came out of it all

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Big Scary Owl posted:

It's quite simple!

There's no such thing as a German on the internet. Each instance of what appears to be an individual German person is in fact of team of scientists, wearing lab coats and holding clipboards, gathered around a computer. Every now and then, they confer among themselves, nod in agreement, and type something onto the keyboard.

Let's Plays provide these scientists with such a vast amount of fascinatingly bizarre data that they've had to repeatedly step up their efforts to process all of it.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

It got a bunch of advertising pulled from Gawker costing them literal millions which led to gawker posting this hilarious meltdown letter calling their ad partners cowards. They've removed it since but it can be found on the Wayback Machine, but I'm too lazy to dig it up.

the movement was by and large a shithole but some funny things came out of it all

They also caused Intel to double down on poo poo they don't like recently. After the Gamergate thing launched and the GGer's scared Intel away from advertising on Gamasutra Intel decided to make up for basically bowing to the dumb weird sexist opinions of GameGate proponents by announcing they were partnering with Feminist Frequency, they of the "Tropes vs. Women in Video Games" series.

I used to have a screenshot of the reaction to that announcement on Reddit's PC Master Race subreddit which already hosted a pretty diverse range of terrible opinions that basically said "gently caress Intel, I'm only buying AMD processors from now on" as if it were a betrayal that Intel would fund initiatives to get women and girls into tech. I mean, say what you will about the Feminist Frequency, but there's seriously nothing objectionable about the goal of getting more women in tech unless you happen to be a complete misogynist.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

After months of talking about how Anita was trying to censor games they dug up Jack Thompson to talk about how bad she is. :ironicat:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I miss Jack.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Same, you could laugh at Jack and have a good time. With gamer gaters you legit worry if they're going to actually assault a woman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I dunno what you people are talking but I think we all know DSP is the best.

• Locked thread