Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Mickey Arthur wants the England coaching job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

apparently not, he's done his achilles

Karma for upsetting Straussy

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001

Scylo posted:

haha, oh gently caress

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Scylo posted:

This is a thing I want the ECB to do.

Strauss said he didn't trust KP because he thought KP would leak poo poo to the press. The ECB are the best entertainment around.

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Its just lovely here this time of year.
According to wiki Mickey Arthur is currently coaching a schoolboys side in my hometown of Perth.

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

Andy Zaltzman has weighed in on the KP debate

Andy Zaltzman posted:

It is not inconceivable that, by late July, Strauss will once again be describing KP as a Cricketer of Unbelievable Natural Talent, as he did last summer in the commentary box, albeit in the form of an acronym

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
England have named a 12 man squad for the first test. No dedicated spinner.

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

goatface posted:

England have named a 12 man squad for the first test. No dedicated spinner.

5-0 nil to NZ

also lol

http://www.cricket.com.au/news/alas...auss/2015-05-14

nzspambot fucked around with this message at 00:02 on May 15, 2015

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Awww, how cute. Who would have been the others? Broad and Anderson? Half the side's never loving played with him.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

quote:

The views of others who were targeted in Pietersen’s book might become clearer tomorrow when England fast bowler Stuart Broad is scheduled to hold a media conference ahead of the coming international summer that begins next week with a Test match against New Zealand.

wishful thinking

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

goatface posted:

Awww, how cute. Who would have been the others? Broad and Anderson? Half the side's never loving played with him.

I would not be shocked if the list I compiled of wankers in the english team was actually the people who hate kp.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

KP is a massive dickhead to be fair.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

He is the wrong type of dickhead to be in the team.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Dysgenesis posted:

He is the wrong type of dickhead to be in the team.

So you're saying his dickhead doesn't fit?

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

I see kp as a less talented version of Warne.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
I had a dream last night that England won the first Ashes test by an innings and one hundred runs, despite Cook being run out by Bell while they were both in the same crease and Steve Smith bring out for a golden pair after I called him a oval office

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Pietersen is good as gold if he deems you to be worthy of playing in the same side as him, like Sangakkara, Gayle or Jesus. If he doesn't then you're a worthless piece of poo poo who doesn't deserve his attention.

Lionel Richie fucked around with this message at 08:58 on May 15, 2015

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Lionel Richie posted:

Pietersen is good as gold if he deems you to be worthy of playing in the same side as him, like Sangakkara, Gayle or Jesus. If he doesn't then you're a worthless piece of poo poo who doesn't deserve his attention.

Then why would he want to play for England again?

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Because he has decided he wants to and everyone else must bend to his will.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

I had a dream last night that England won the first Ashes test by an innings and one hundred runs, despite Cook being run out by Bell while they were both in the same crease and Steve Smith bring out for a golden pair after I called him a oval office

This sounds like a premonition.

runoverbobby
Apr 21, 2007

Fighting like beavers.
RCB had a sluggish middle overs but managed to chase an imposing target in Six6 yesterday.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Reduced T20s are the best.

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

:allears: Our Dan :allears:

BrigadierSensible posted:

So you're saying his dickhead doesn't fit?

Are you saying the selectors have been a bit hard on him?

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
A trip to Eden Garden, to catch the Indian Premier League, has resulted in Kolkata Police constable, Aloke Aich, losing his right eye. The 53-year-old driver for the deputy commissioner of the 5th Battalion of the city police, Debashish Sarkar, was seated in Block G witnessing the Kolkata Knight Riders vs Kings XI Punjab last Sunday. In the final over of the game, David Miller’s towering six hit Aich’s eye. After getting medical assistance at the stadium, he was moved to the CMRI hospital in Alipore. On Thursday, doctors informed Aich and his family that he would never be able to see with his injured eye. - See more at: http://indianexpress.com/article/sports/ipl/2369849/ipl-8-kolkata-cop-loses-eye-after-trip-to-eden-gardens/#sthash.9h3N5Lmp.dpuf

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Scylo posted:

A trip to Eden Garden, to catch the Indian Premier League, has resulted in Kolkata Police constable, Aloke Aich, losing his right eye. The 53-year-old driver for the deputy commissioner of the 5th Battalion of the city police, Debashish Sarkar, was seated in Block G witnessing the Kolkata Knight Riders vs Kings XI Punjab last Sunday. In the final over of the game, David Miller’s towering six hit Aich’s eye. After getting medical assistance at the stadium, he was moved to the CMRI hospital in Alipore. On Thursday, doctors informed Aich and his family that he would never be able to see with his injured eye. - See more at: http://indianexpress.com/article/sports/ipl/2369849/ipl-8-kolkata-cop-loses-eye-after-trip-to-eden-gardens/#sthash.9h3N5Lmp.dpuf

I guess he won't have 20/20 vision any more :v:

That's terrible and I feel sorry for the poor guy :(

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Miller pinned a little kid in the chest while he was warming up for the game on now as well apparently.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I switched over from the IPL to the lovely English comp and it's really impressive how they've managed to bring the excitement of test cricket to the T20 format.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

That zinger might have been better if one of the teams hadn't scored over 200 and the IPL game wasn't poo poo #banterfails

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
I noticed there were eight matches on the opening day. How do you even follow that? And it still goes for over two months.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream

Doctor Cave posted:

I noticed there were eight matches on the opening day. How do you even follow that? And it still goes for over two months.

I think the answer is that no one actually follows it.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I watched the first ipl game and never watched it again even though bmac tore up with an epic Dhl Power 100.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Doctor Cave posted:

Probably by distractedly clicking on the occasional Cricinfo scorecard. So same as the IPL and BBL, really.

I mean, I might pay slightly more attention to the scorecards with this one because there are actual teams I support in there.

Paul.Power fucked around with this message at 07:17 on May 17, 2015

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
I followed the first IPL season but after that they basically shuffled the teams every year to make it abundantly clear to everyone that none of it means anything and the fans can get hosed if they think it's anything other than a rich man's fantasy league.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

I feel like 16 teams for it is about 8 too many, even if they are broken up into North and South. I have no idea what English domestic cricket is like though so maybe the fans love it.

e: Haddin formally announced odi retirement. I guess Wade takes over now?

Airstream Driver fucked around with this message at 08:24 on May 17, 2015

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Smorgasbord posted:

I followed the first IPL season but after that they basically shuffled the teams every year to make it abundantly clear to everyone that none of it means anything and the fans can get hosed if they think it's anything other than a rich man's fantasy league.

That's the Celebrity Cricket League.

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Look forward to the return of wade.gif

At least we get some more Honest Brad in the Ashes

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Airstream Driver posted:

I feel like 16 teams for it is about 8 too many, even if they are broken up into North and South. I have no idea what English domestic cricket is like though so maybe the fans love it.

e: Haddin formally announced odi retirement. I guess Wade takes over now?

I hope Ludeman gets a few games. He was good in the last BBL and keeps for SA in the Shield so he's not a part-time keeper.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Doctor Cave posted:

How do you even follow that?

Almost all of it isn't on telly, so you go to the matches you want to see and read the scorecard of anything else you care about later.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Seams posted:

I hope Ludeman gets a few games. He was good in the last BBL and keeps for SA in the Shield so he's not a part-time keeper.

He's technically one of the best keepers in the country, but that last BBL was the only time he's ever been more than mediocre with the bat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

o.m. 94
Nov 23, 2009

Kevin Pietersen is like a turd that won't flush