Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
You make up missed sleep at work. Just open MS Word and put a heavy pen on the spacebar so OCS doesn't show you inactive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Bolow posted:

Aliens and Die Hard

i find it hard to believe that fury road is better than conan

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Whoever said Ex Machina was really loving good wasn't loving around.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Whoever said Ex Machina was really loving good wasn't loving around.

It ended exactly the way I wanted it to all along and realistically answered the question of what a lonely goon who invented AI would do with the technology.

e: oh, and Alicia Vikander is hot

Eugene V. Dubstep fucked around with this message at 07:51 on May 16, 2015

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

at the date posted:

e: Like, would Heat qualify, or are we talking strictly True Lies levels of action

Heat has some really good loving action sequences but it's more of a character drama than anything else. So yeah more like True Lies, The Rock, Independence Day etc etc

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Bolow posted:

Heat has some really good loving action sequences but it's more of a character drama than anything else. So yeah more like True Lies, The Rock, Independence Day etc etc

the rock owns

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
Walking home from the gas station at 3:30 in the morning with a frozen pizza. Headphones in. A car is awkwardly trying to find a spot to parallel park. Not even close. It tries a little further up the road. I realize he isn't trying to parallel park- he's trying to get my attention.

He cuts off my path at an intersection. "What's up man you won't talk to black people?!" "You're talking to me? I had headphones in" "OHHH my bad". Then he asks me what I'm up to, asks if he can buy my pizza, and keeps offering to shake my hand. "You won't shake hands with a black man?" Definitely not when you're keeping your hand just inside the passenger window, weirdo.

I stood there trying to explain to him that he was acting weird in a non-ethnically specific way for a while- long enough to get jumped from behind like a retard if that was what was going on- so I'm guessing he was just drunkenly cruising for some hairy Corporal human being man meat.

Welp that's my story.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

can someone link me to that twitter where that fat cow was whining about having ptsd from online harassment

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I just drank a drink that I didn't see get poured. For the permanent record.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

I just drank a drink that I didn't see get poured. For the permanent record.

say goodbye to your butt virginity

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

say goodbye to your butt virginity

I was infantry...

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Can't wait to see Mad Max tomorrow.

Also, The Blacklist is a pretty solid show. Some spotty CGI in a few places but six episodes in and I'm really enjoying it.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Mad Max loving rules, best action flick in a long time. Props to Immorten Joe, dude knows how to pick his wives. :swoon:

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Arrath posted:

Mad Max loving rules, best action flick in a long time. Props to Immorten Joe, dude knows how to pick his wives. :swoon:

What's better, Dredd or Mad Max?

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

TCD posted:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

TCD posted:

Mad Max/Dredd double feature

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

TCD posted:

I'd say Mad Max, but it's sort of personal preference for type of action. I like post-apocalyptic car chases more than post-apocalyptic police state shenanigans. And The Raid: Redemption did the same plot as Dredd with better action.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.
Thanks for the input - meeting some coworkers at the bar next to the theater. Hopefully this poo poo is good in imax. :awesome:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

at the date posted:

I'd say Mad Max, but it's sort of personal preference for type of action. I like post-apocalyptic car chases more than post-apocalyptic police state shenanigans. And The Raid: Redemption did the same plot as Dredd with better action.

did the raid: redemption involve a scene where a cop WP's assailants?

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Two Finger posted:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

that's fantastic gonna have to track it down, wonder if it's on amazon prime

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Two Finger posted:

can someone link me to that twitter where that fat cow was whining about having ptsd from online harassment

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Under Armour is catching a lot of heat for this shirt. Who gives a poo poo?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Cole posted:

Under Armour is catching a lot of heat for this shirt. Who gives a poo poo?

Motards and wannabes.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

It's in poor taste but yeah who cares. Like Mil dudes are gonna stop buying their poo poo in protest? lol

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Wasn't the original image a setup anyway?

And if it wasn't, I still don't give a poo poo.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I want to double feature avengers and mad max but I'm not 14 anymore :dogge:

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

not caring here posted:

Wasn't the original image a setup anyway?

And if it wasn't, I still don't give a poo poo.

Sort of but not really.

The tl;dr version is that there was a flag put up at the top without a dramatic picture being took of the raising (that one happened because a battalion commander ordered one of his companies to send a platoon to the top basically for the sole purpose of raising a flag). Rosenthal's iconic picture was taken when they were raising the second flag of the day. The second flag raising happened because the SecNav came ashore as the first flag was going up and basically said "that owns, I want that flag." The Battalion Commander said gently caress that and sent a platoon back up to the top to take down the first flag and secure it for safekeeping within the battalion, and raise up a bigger one. Btw this was after the summit had started coming under enemy fire. Rosenthal got up to the top when the Marines (and Corpsman) were already securing the flag to a piece of Japanese drainage pipe..so he's setting up for a shot like any good photographer but the flag raising party pays no attention to him and starts raising the flag before he's set up. He sees this out of the corner of his eye and swings and points to try and get a shot. Doesn't even have time to use the viewfinder. So he gets one of the most iconic photographs of all time out of basically blindly pointing his camera in the right direction.

The whole thing is USMC.txt as gently caress

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Two Finger posted:

Both of the Raid movies are on Netflix UK, use Hola unblocker and you can get access to it. Haven't seen them on Amazon prime.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65ZUl4bIBD8

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

iyaayas01 posted:

Sort of but not really.

The whole thing is USMC.txt as gently caress

Basically self important assholes risking a bunch of lives over pointless poo poo? Might as well be military.txt

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

she got put on administrative leave for this because a bunch of people complained about their interactions with her

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Would

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Yeah, the chick massively overreacts and the harassment argument is pretty loving dumb, but the dude writes professors and advisers like he tweets, shows up to a 12pm appointment at 12:47 and then insists on hanging around without an appointment because it's unacceptable that he won't get facetime with the adviser?

gently caress that entire generation of college kids regardless of color. Jesus.

Also, I'd love to be strenuously advised by that woman.

terrez
Mar 20, 2012
what if god was o ne of us

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

terrez posted:

what if god was o ne of us

gently caress

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

:vince:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
:vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

• Locked thread