Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
As your attorney I advise you to get the chiliburger. It's a hamburger with chili on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
dats sloppy as hell but yeah i'd gently caress with it

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Yeah, chili burgers are more of a knife and fork burg. loving great as long as the chili isn't mediocre.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
One of my favorite local Socal fast food chains is Tommy's, who basically serves really lovely cheap chili on burgers but it's really good, I swear.

Actually now that I GISed the non-stock pictures it really does look like diarrhea on a bun. Still tasty, though

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

It's loving chili. I don't think anyone expects it to be pretty.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Last night Burgin with friends and beer. Put mayo on the bun instead of butter so structural integrity was comprised.
http://imgur.com/jVDITFA

What was the trick to thumbnail in line images?

Thanks vvvvvvv

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 19:28 on May 14, 2015

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

CannonFodder posted:

Last night Burgin with friends and beer. Put mayo on the bun instead of butter so structural integrity was comprised.
http://imgur.com/jVDITFA

What was the trick to thumbnail in line images?

Dang that's a good lookin' burg.

code:
[timg]http://imgur.com/jVDITFA[/timg]

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Thinking about picking one of these up for burgers and sandwiches

http://www.amazon.com/Lodge-LGP3-Pr...SZDHNZJ6JKG4RCQ

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Chinatown posted:

Thinking about picking one of these up for burgers and sandwiches

http://www.amazon.com/Lodge-LGP3-Pr...SZDHNZJ6JKG4RCQ

Inclined to say that unless you are working as a short order cook, grill presses ain't gonna be too useful. You ain't in such a hurry as to need both sides cooking at once, if you want your burg shmooshed you can just press down on it with a spatula.

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

Sizone posted:

Inclined to say that unless you are working as a short order cook, grill presses ain't gonna be too useful. You ain't in such a hurry as to need both sides cooking at once, if you want your burg shmooshed you can just press down on it with a spatula.
Or brick and aluminum foil.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Norns posted:

Now I need a McDonalds double cheese with egg.

Someone's posted about going to McDonald right near the end of breakfast so you can get egg on your burg, right?

I was just thinking that a breakfast jack with a burger instead of that ham would be pretty loving good. I wonder if they'd do that for me.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Ron Jeremy posted:

I was just thinking that a breakfast jack with a burger instead of that ham would be pretty loving good. I wonder if they'd do that for me.

yes. any time, day or night.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.

poemdexter posted:

Did this a few weeks ago. Tom Thumb didn't have egg buns so I went with pretzel. I pretty much followed this video word for word:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZuDMKXWU_E

I was a little scared about not putting anything in the beef before throwing it down in the cast iron, but jesus christ if this wasn't the best burger i've made in my life. Will be doing this again!

From a few pages back, but I've been doing this like once a week, and it's loving incredible. I keep thinking maybe I'll take a pic for the thread, but once they're done my girlfriend and I devolve into ravenous beasts, devouring all burgs in sight.

Then we make chocolate shakes.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:
One of the burgs I make at my restaurant.

Sweet sourdough bun
Onion jam
In house ground shoulder clod, 8oz
House cured peppered bacon
House made spicy pickles
Sharp cheddar cheese
Egg

Always cooked medium

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Ron Jeremy posted:

They would.

I'm pretty sure they have a breakfast burg on the real menu.

Also, that burg above is loving sexy. Nice.

Nhilist
Jul 29, 2004
I like it quiet in here

Gorgeous, and what restaurant if you don't mind saying?

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Errant Gin Monks posted:

One of the burgs I make at my restaurant.

Sweet sourdough bun
Onion jam
In house ground shoulder clod, 8oz
House cured peppered bacon
House made spicy pickles
Sharp cheddar cheese
Egg

Always cooked medium

Would. Definitely would.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

that's a beautiful god drat burger

bon ape tit
Aug 7, 2011

canoshiz posted:

One of my favorite local Socal fast food chains is Tommy's, who basically serves really lovely cheap chili on burgers but it's really good, I swear.

Actually now that I GISed the non-stock pictures it really does look like diarrhea on a bun. Still tasty, though

So loving good though, but you gotta throw some of their peperoncino on it

Just like that.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

holy drunk_food.jpg

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

her0n
Sep 13, 2006

hey look the world is covered in snail slime
Might make tomorrow my first Fiveguys experience. Gotta do an airport run late afternoon to Heathrow, gonna stop off in Reading on my way and burg for lunch if I have time.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

her0n posted:

Might make tomorrow my first Fiveguys experience. Gotta do an airport run late afternoon to Heathrow, gonna stop off in Reading on my way and burg for lunch if I have time.

Prepare to be underwhelmed

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Fetus Tree posted:

Prepare to be underwhelmed

This is accurate. Five guys is crap.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Errant Gin Monks posted:

This is accurate. Five guys is crap.

I wouldn't go that far. It's a decent burger. Not worth the $12 bucks they get you for, but decent.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

how the gently caress you even eat that? kinda imagining just holding the tray up to mouth level and lickin' at the chili like it was an icecream cone

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

I mean, I like chili and all but that is too much for a burger topping.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Sizone posted:

how the gently caress you even eat that? kinda imagining just holding the tray up to mouth level and lickin' at the chili like it was an icecream cone

I figured you just kind of dumped it into your mouth like a funnel of shame.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
i would use a fork

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Itt: people who don't know how to eat chili.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Can I make good burgs on a stovetop? I don't own a grill but currently crave a good burg product.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

kloa posted:

Can I make good burgs on a stovetop? I don't own a grill but currently crave a good burg product.

Sure. Do you own a cast iron skillet?

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Norns posted:

George Foreman makes a decent burger too.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Norns posted:

If not invest 20 bucks in one.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Norns posted:

I do!

Max heat for a crust? I like med rare

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

kloa posted:

Step one: Get cast iron skillet REAL HOT (Till it starts to smoke)
Step two: Make lil hockey pucks of ground beef, maybe 4oz each, and salt all over (Definitely make enough for doubles all around)
Step two a: have your slices of cheese and toasted buns ready because you're gonna need them in about 2 minutes
Step three: Put hockey pucks in pan, SMASH THOSE FUCKERS FLAT
Don't touch them for a minute and a half, then flip, top with cheese, and 45 seconds later apply molten cheesed burgs to bun.

e: Also lol that chili burger is gonna look the same going out as it does going in.

Gwaihir fucked around with this message at 01:38 on May 17, 2015

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
Trying out a burger joint that we go past a few times a week and have been meaning try for 2 years now. I don't know what to expect. Sydney is in a bit of a burger craze at the moment with celeb chefs opening their own burger joints but I don't want to pay 20bux to get my burg on.What would you order goons?

http://www.killaburgergrill.com/cms/Menu.aspx

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

her0n posted:

If you get the fries (Which you shouldn't because they're bad) get a small cajun. Also definitely get a bacon cheese burger because crispy bacon on your burgers is one of the best things about 5 guys.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
None of those burgs look that amazing but the lamb feta tsatziki one looks interests enough to try.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Seconding don't get the fries. Get a double with bacon. If you're adventurous, one of the other good parts about Five Guys is you can get fresh jalepeno instead of pickled on your burger.

• Locked thread