Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Finally! Now to think of how I can make a Legendary Dragons deck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Is it ever going to be somewhat practical to play a Lovecraft deck?

They seem to support wonderfully other archetypes, but they can't stand on their own.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Blaze Dragon posted:

Finally! Now to think of how I can make a Legendary Dragons deck.

Too bad Crush Card is still at 1, Hermos's cards are bad and Timaeus can only be used with Dark Magician.

Myriad Truths
Oct 13, 2012

paradoxGentleman posted:

Is it ever going to be somewhat practical to play a Lovecraft deck?

They seem to support wonderfully other archetypes, but they can't stand on their own.

I think they're perfectly fine; Azathoth is strong. I basically built them as level 4 synchro spam deck with Instant Fusion into board wipe as its big play and it's reasonably powerful.

I wish the Unspeakable Trapezohedron was better, since it's a sick card. It plus Dreamland plus stuff like Sacred Serpent's Wake could be really cool as an alternate way to build the deck.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Myriad Truths posted:

I think they're perfectly fine; Azathoth is strong. I basically built them as level 4 synchro spam deck with Instant Fusion into board wipe as its big play and it's reasonably powerful.

I wish the Unspeakable Trapezohedron was better, since it's a sick card. It plus Dreamland plus stuff like Sacred Serpent's Wake could be really cool as an alternate way to build the deck.

Would you mind sharing the deck list? I haven't managed to get it to work.

paradoxGentleman fucked around with this message at 02:12 on May 16, 2015

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Ladies and gentlemen, Chicken Race FTK is hilarious and good.

Slur fucked around with this message at 05:00 on May 16, 2015

Myriad Truths
Oct 13, 2012
Haven't worked the kinks out totally yet, but this is what I've been running:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I'm up to the duel with Demak in 5D's now.

"Magician's Ape" is a weird idea for a monster

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Lose 1 Turn is such a good card, holy poo poo.

Vise the Stompy
Mar 26, 2006

This cosmic dance; bursting decadence and withheld permissions, twists all our arms collectively. But, if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend....Peace!
Doctor Rope

Beef Waifu posted:

Lose 1 Turn is such a good card, holy poo poo.

This 100%! Its like a Vanity's emptiness that doesn't go away and isn't completely bullshit feel bad. However, it still completely wrecks decks that relay on come into play monster effect monsters to answer stuff cause almost nobody normal summons monsters for answers. Its been amazing with Toons since most toons normal summon and the ones that special cant attack anyway so Lose 1 turn is not a draw back. Incidentally, the new toons are alot of fun as a weird glass cannon control deck. Their new spells are insane and its tempting to run Toon Kingdom just use them and use nontoons to avoid losing your entire board to a mst.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Lose 1 Turn can legit turn Yosenju into a godlike deck, like it's just too good for them.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Beef Waifu posted:

Lose 1 Turn can legit turn Yosenju into a godlike deck, like it's just too good for them.

That explains your hype.

Personally, as soon as I find the best tribute engine for tribute stun (and the card shows up on ygopro), I'm running 3.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Entermate Dokurobat Joker / Performapal Skullcrobat Joker
Dark Spellcaster / Pendulum / Effect
PS8 LV4 1800/100
Pendulum Effect: (1) You cannot Pendulum Summon monsters, except “Performapal” monsters, “Magician” Pendulum Monsters, and “Odd-Eyes” monsters. This effect cannot be negated.
Monster Effect: (1) When this card is Normal Summoned: You can add from your Deck to your hand, 1 “Performapal” monster (other than “Performapal Skullcrobat Joker”), 1 “Magician” Pendulum Monster, or 1 “Odd-Eyes” monster.

FINALLY.

oh and some other crap. http://ygorganization.com/hopesaysyoucantplayygookay/

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Slur posted:

That explains your hype.

Personally, as soon as I find the best tribute engine for tribute stun (and the card shows up on ygopro), I'm running 3.

You try a ghostricks engine yet? Not as strong as vassals I think but quite a bit more annoying.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

VJeff posted:

Entermate Dokurobat Joker / Performapal Skullcrobat Joker
Dark Spellcaster / Pendulum / Effect
PS8 LV4 1800/100
Pendulum Effect: (1) You cannot Pendulum Summon monsters, except “Performapal” monsters, “Magician” Pendulum Monsters, and “Odd-Eyes” monsters. This effect cannot be negated.
Monster Effect: (1) When this card is Normal Summoned: You can add from your Deck to your hand, 1 “Performapal” monster (other than “Performapal Skullcrobat Joker”), 1 “Magician” Pendulum Monster, or 1 “Odd-Eyes” monster.

FINALLY.

oh and some other crap. http://ygorganization.com/hopesaysyoucantplayygookay/

Yay. Performapal support. :dance:

Perhaps I can finally be halfway decent with them now. Though if I want to make the most of them i'll probably need to use the Odd-Eyes cards as well, and I don't like their design as much as I like Performapal's.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Good lord, Sawatari is such an unbelievable gently caress-up. I think he might be an even worse Lancer than Dennis and Dennis is a loving fusion scum traitor.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

STARDUST SIFR!
hah its a defensive Quasar, nice.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Rigged Death Trap posted:

STARDUST SIFR!
hah its a defensive Quasar, nice.

Stardust Sifr... That has something to do with the manga version of Stardust Dragon right?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
More than just the manga version. :v:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I'm... Lost. Is that what that is at the end? I thought it was just an exceptionally bright stardust dragon.

I may need this spelled out for me.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Actually looking again it's poo poo compared to Quasar.
It's negate and destroy bit, while the destroy can be aimed at any card on field, only activates on monster effects.

Shining Hope Zexal, though, is pretty good.
utopia > utopia prime > 4000 attack Hope zexal.

Or some other crazy combo that piles on the xyz materials, it's a really good game clincher.

Seriously:

quote:

(1) The Xyz Summon of this card cannot be negated. (2) Your opponent cannot activate cards or effects effects in response to the Xyz Summon of this card. (3) This card gains 1000 ATK and DEF for each Xyz Material attached to it. (4) Once per turn, during your opponent’s turn: you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; your opponent cannot activate cards or effects during this turn.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 11:37 on May 17, 2015

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Or some other crazy combo that piles on the xyz materials, it's a really good game clincher.

Seriously:

This bastard needs to get the Shock Master treatment ASAP. Holy poo poo. :stare:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Dexie posted:

This bastard needs to get the Shock Master treatment ASAP. Holy poo poo. :stare:

He's a bit harder to get out than Shock master.
You either need 3 numbers of the same rank, which makes a 3k zexal hope, or a utopia monster on field with a normal rank up spell card.

So no splashing this in RR decks, since Tribute lanius is literally the only card that searches a RUM card, but only a quick play one.

[e]: well Marshalling field exists, but searches Argent chaos force, which is not very good.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 13:31 on May 17, 2015

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

It's negate and destroy bit, while the destroy can be aimed at any card on field, only activates on monster effects.

Seriously:

It's still nice as a defensive card, but his summon effect is worse. if he could grab any Stardust from the Extra Deck, so much better.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

quote:

Tenkuu no Kousai / Sky Arc
Spell Field
You can only use the (2) effect of “Sky Arc” once per turn. (1) [All Pendulum Monsters, cards in your Pendulum Zone, and] “Odd-Eyes” cards you control cannot be [targeted/destroyed/affected] by your opponent’s card effects. (2) You can target 1 [other] face-up card you control; destroy it, and if you do, [add from your Deck to your hand/send from your Deck to the Graveyard] 1 “Odd-Eyes” [card/monster]

:stare:
How did I not see this.

Really every single card in there is amazing.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 13:37 on May 17, 2015

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

:stare:
How did I not see this.

Really every single card in there is amazing.
Legend 20th is so disgusting

Masked HERO Blast
Wind Warrior / Fusion / Effect
LV6 2200/1800
Must be Special Summoned by “Mask Change”, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. (1) If this card is Special Summoned: You can target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; its ATK becomes half its current ATK. (2) Once per turn, during either player’s turn: You can pay 500 LP, then target 1 Spell/Trap Card your opponent controls; return it to the hand.

it makes me so happy. If we got Stratos back he'd be so wonderful, gotta stick to Mask Change II for wind now. Because it's like Mini Great Tornado

Red-Eyes Tracer Dragon
Dark Dragon / Effect
LV4 1700/1600
(1) If a Level 7 or lower “Red-Eyes” monster(s) you control is destroyed by an opponent’s attack or card effect, and sent to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon this card from your hand in face-up Defense Position, and if you do, Special Summon as many of the destroyed monsters as possible in the same Battle Position. (2) You can Tribute this card; during your Main Phase this turn, you can Normal Summon 1 “Red-Eyes” monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.)

More Power for Red-Eyes, More. I hope this means Joey is coming back.

Joker gives Performapals there much needed searcher, allows Odd-Eyes to be run in the deck without just wasting space. This structure deck is so disgustingly nice

Myriad Truths
Oct 13, 2012

You either need 3 numbers of the same rank, which makes a 3k zexal hope, or a utopia monster on field with a normal rank up spell card.

So no splashing this in RR decks, since Tribute lanius is literally the only card that searches a RUM card, but only a quick play one.

[e]: well Marshalling field exists, but searches Argent chaos force, which is not very good.

Just run a bunch of 7th Ones. You're guaranteed to have them clog up your opening hand because obviously.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Onmi posted:

Legend 20th is so disgusting

Masked HERO Blast
Wind Warrior / Fusion / Effect
LV6 2200/1800
Must be Special Summoned by “Mask Change”, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. (1) If this card is Special Summoned: You can target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; its ATK becomes half its current ATK. (2) Once per turn, during either player’s turn: You can pay 500 LP, then target 1 Spell/Trap Card your opponent controls; return it to the hand.

it makes me so happy. If we got Stratos back he'd be so wonderful, gotta stick to Mask Change II for wind now. Because it's like Mini Great Tornado

Who would you use Mask Change Second on to get out Blast? Is there a generalist sort of Wind monster that one can stick in an HERO deck with little problem?

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Seriously:

Has the same problem Neo Tachyon has: you can chain to its effect.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

paradoxGentleman posted:

Who would you use Mask Change Second on to get out Blast? Is there a generalist sort of Wind monster that one can stick in an HERO deck with little problem?

besides Castel and Blade Armor (Who's lost value)? Not really. Reborn Tengu is splashable

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

paradoxGentleman posted:

: FUUUCCCCK YEAAAAAAAAH

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

: FUUUCCCCK YEAAAAAAAAH

Get that level 3 trash out of here.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Avian was always my least favorite of all Elemental HEROes.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Onmi posted:

besides Castel and Blade Armor (Who's lost value)? Not really. Reborn Tengu is splashable

Doesn't work with Castel and Blade Armor. They don't have levels.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Elemental Heroes suck. Masked Heroes ftw.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Onmi posted:

Red-Eyes Tracer Dragon
Dark Dragon / Effect
LV4 1700/1600
(1) If a Level 7 or lower “Red-Eyes” monster(s) you control is destroyed by an opponent’s attack or card effect, and sent to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon this card from your hand in face-up Defense Position, and if you do, Special Summon as many of the destroyed monsters as possible in the same Battle Position. (2) You can Tribute this card; during your Main Phase this turn, you can Normal Summon 1 “Red-Eyes” monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.)

More Power for Red-Eyes, More. I hope this means Joey is coming back.

Nah, Fubuki is gonna make his grand comeback as a rebel leader on the fusion dimension :v:

But seriously, Tracer is amazing.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Dexie posted:

Doesn't work with Castel and Blade Armor. They don't have levels.

.... Right just reborn then

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I look forward to the release of Utopia Zexal, because I have this dumb Raidraptor/Trap Monster deck that is actually capable of summoning it and that would be an intense level of gently caress you to the other guy

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

everythingWasBees posted:

You try a ghostricks engine yet? Not as strong as vassals I think but quite a bit more annoying.

Just saw this. It gets too easily shut down by Vanity's. I need something which summons itself fast to the field, doesn't bullshit around, and allows me to tribute summon right away. The vassals aren't good enough at their job for this, so I might switch to the Heroic engine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Pretty much any rank 4 deck that can spam the field fast and hard can do this. Nutellas and Clownblade should be able to do it no sweat.