Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Appoda
Oct 30, 2013

I think so. IIRC, she also had the ability to pick locks for you, which I haven't seen before, though I don't think I ever used that functionality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Skyrim by default is mostly sexless and cold, so when somebody starts to talk about intimate subjects it probably will feel out of place.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I will fight to the death anyone who disses Darakki in Ivarstead. Or the wandering Khajiit monk.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

Appoda posted:

The thing that bothered me about iNPCs is that most of them came off as someone's D&D character that they think is super-cool but fits in with Skyrim like gravy on chocolate. That and most dialogues were really long and nonsensical. There's a few alright ones, like the guy buying junk by the destroyed tower around Whiterun and the ex-con Mara priestess in Riften, but most of them are dumb bullshit.

Welp, I still can't get ASIS on multiple profiles to work. Even if I have separate installs of ASIS and different ASIS dependencies, they all refer back to the same ASIS.esp when the patch is created. And ASIS doesn't like it if my immersive cat mods are different on each profile.

Make sure you are taking the ASIS.esp out of Overwrite after running the patcher each time.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Appoda posted:

The thing that bothered me about iNPCs is that most of them came off as someone's D&D character that they think is super-cool but fits in with Skyrim like gravy on chocolate. That and most dialogues were really long and nonsensical. There's a few alright ones, like the guy buying junk by the destroyed tower around Whiterun and the ex-con Mara priestess in Riften, but most of them are dumb bullshit.

Welp, I still can't get ASIS on multiple profiles to work. Even if I have separate installs of ASIS and different ASIS dependencies, they all refer back to the same ASIS.esp when the patch is created. And ASIS doesn't like it if my immersive cat mods are different on each profile.

I think the junk seller is a perfect example of the (non sexist half of) the problem with INPCs.

The guy literally charges people to take their junk because a) one of the vanilla merchant lines is about one man's trash being another's treasure and b) video gamers pick up lots of pointless loot for no reason. HA HA HA YOU'RE PLAYING A VIDEO GAME DO YOU GET IT YET?!?!?

I mean it's not funny or witty or an astute observation. It's just wackiness substituting for actual interesting writing, because it's easier to make something interesting because it's silly and make no sense than because there's actually something clever to it. It fits with stuff like the space core mod or whatever just fine, but as an immersion sperg I've learned to just avoid certain characters.

(some of the NPCs are really cool though and I still recommend the mod)

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Strategic Tea posted:

I think the junk seller is a perfect example of the (non sexist half of) the problem with INPCs.

The guy literally charges people to take their junk because a) one of the vanilla merchant lines is about one man's trash being another's treasure and b) video gamers pick up lots of pointless loot for no reason. HA HA HA YOU'RE PLAYING A VIDEO GAME DO YOU GET IT YET?!?!?

I mean it's not funny or witty or an astute observation. It's just wackiness substituting for actual interesting writing, because it's easier to make something interesting because it's silly and make no sense than because there's actually something clever to it. It fits with stuff like the space core mod or whatever just fine, but as an immersion sperg I've learned to just avoid certain characters.

(some of the NPCs are really cool though and I still recommend the mod)

I downloaded a companion mod of a lady advertised as a healer, and literally every line she had was a loving meme. She says "it's like you think I'm SWOOORN to carry your burdens" EVERY time you access her inventory. I honestly don't know if she actually heals you in battle because I couldn't stand her dialogue long enough to get into a fight. It didn't help that she looked like an anime.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

So, can you use the console to delete characters added by INPCs without it causing issues? Sounds like I may need to soon.

dbzfandiego
Sep 17, 2011
Click on them and type disable?

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Yeah, I'd be careful unless they're really unbearably awful though. The mod has some pretty involved quests that only start once you've met a bunch of the characters involved in them, so you might lock yourself out of some of them, Morrowind style (Zora is one example iirc :gonk:)

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

GunnerJ posted:

You know, this is not a bad question at all, what version are you using if you know?

Out of town atm but I'll check when I get back.

I've never encountered this Zora person, but I've encountered four female characters that stand out. One was the Priestess of Dibella so it made sense that she's going to be obsessed with beauty; the actually pulled it of rather well because she talks about butting heads (doctrinally) with her fellow priestesses.

Another was this noble who was ruined by the destruction of Helgen; I forget her name, but I'm pretty sure the whole point was to make her vain and egotistical. Apparently you can marry her but I've never done it.

The other two (who are also followers) were Jade (which we all seem to like) and Tikrid, a Nord warrior you encounter at Snowpoint Beacon iirc. Her deal is supposed to be that she is clumsy and has yet to mention her looks at all, and as you travel with her as a companion she makes interesting commentary on things from her perspective. Kind of like Mjoll, but not as obsessed with nobility.

Oh, and there was a wood elf adventurer I found who had a hilarious quest to get her friend, Gorr, a bowl of horker stew. I don't recall her name or her mentioning her looks (outside of demeaning herself for looking shabby).

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Agents are GO! posted:

I will fight to the death anyone who disses Darakki in Ivarstead. Or the wandering Khajiit monk.

Also this

Also anyone who wants to try some new companions using old NPCs, try <shamelessplug> my B-team mod </shamelessplug>

ANIME IS BLOOD fucked around with this message at 21:28 on May 17, 2015

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

Also this

Also anyone who wants to try some new companions using old NPCs, try <shamelessplug> my B-team mod </shamelessplug>

I absolutely love this and have been using it for a while. I have that guy who makes elemental spiders in my team and he is tearing it up.

Talsgar the Wanderer (recruited via FVE & Convincing Coinage) however does not make a good companion because true to his name he keeps wandering away.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

Also this

Any chance for Risaad and Jarl Baalgruf? Two of the chillest bros in Skyrim. I would be honored to crack skulls with them.

Also Fralia Gray-Mane because the mental image of a 90 year old woman slaughtering a fort full of soldiers with a battleaxe to save her son is awesome.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
I really like iNPCs. It adds quite a few more denizens to a fairly empty world, and there are plenty of them to chat with or savagely loving murder for marrying their orc daughters. Plus if you're a weirdo like me it gives you some things to do at the Inn to kill a few in-game hours while waiting for bed time.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Then there's that idiot noble who you can suggest to go strangle bears in the name of family honor.

You can also tell him to take his poo poo to the Greybeards, but I don't know where he ends up then.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

scamtank posted:

Then there's that idiot noble who you can suggest to go strangle bears in the name of family honor.

You can also tell him to take his poo poo to the Greybeards, but I don't know where he ends up then.

I love that fuckin guy, weird stuff like that reminds me a lot of Baldur's Gate

eventually he gets killed by bears

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
I really like Anum-La the Swamp Knight. She sounds like Marge Simpson and has a pretty cool story. There's also this guy by the Giant camp near Dawnstar who thinks he's a giant, and the guy near Riften who thinks he's a time traveler and claims that Tullius is Talos among other insane things.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

She could've used rougher writing, though. That whiskey throat begs for a foul drunk who walked in straight lines across the country wreaking havoc until she hit a swamp, got lost and started kicking rear end in circles.

Retroblique
Oct 16, 2002

Now the wild world is lost, in a desert of smoke and straight lines.
Hit level 43 a while ago, have continued to do a bunch of main quests (almost near the end) and some Dawnguard stuff, and I just noticed that my XP meter is still only a couple of pixels long. It's like I've suddenly stopped earning XP, even for killing stuff. Is that normal after a certain point? I'm guessing it might have something to do with me having maxed out Archery and Sneak, seeing as about 90% of my kills have previously come from sneak attacks. Time to make Sneak legendary, I guess, seeing as that can be built up fairly quickly again. Probably not a good idea to make Archery legendary though.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

Sonance posted:

Hit level 43 a while ago, have continued to do a bunch of main quests (almost near the end) and some Dawnguard stuff, and I just noticed that my XP meter is still only a couple of pixels long. It's like I've suddenly stopped earning XP, even for killing stuff. Is that normal after a certain point? I'm guessing it might have something to do with me having maxed out Archery and Sneak, seeing as about 90% of my kills have previously come from sneak attacks. Time to make Sneak legendary, I guess, seeing as that can be built up fairly quickly again. Probably not a good idea to make Archery legendary though.

Your level is based on total number of skill ranks across all skills. If you have been using archery and sneak till they were 100 and still use them to kill from that point, you dont gain progress till your next level. If you want to keep leveling, make a skill legendary, or change how you fight.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

e :f,b. Should've reloaded

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

A while back I asked if there was a mod that let you challenge people to brawls, and I found one.

Fighting Words by JanusForebere.

I've encountered a bug where I ended up killing my opponents sometimes (Idolaf and Hemming are a couple of examples but Idolaf is a filthy Imperial supporter and Hemming is a Black-Briar so it's possibly working as intended) but I always save before I brawl! (the Brawl Bugs Patch in the OP might work, I'll have to test it).

EDIT: Pushed Hemming around for a bit, the BBP seems to work with Fighting Words so far.

Kaiju Cage Match fucked around with this message at 03:27 on May 19, 2015

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

filthy imperial supporter huh? We don't tolerate storm-cloak sympathizers around here bub. :colbert:

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Man Whore posted:

filthy imperial supporter huh? We don't tolerate storm-cloak sympathizers around here bub. :colbert:

Them's fightin' words.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Jets rule, Sharks drool.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

I've got an ENB problem. Whenever the game renders water by me looking towards it, the shadows generated by ambient occlusion start flickering. The only switch I've found that makes it stop is UseOriginalObjectsProcessing, but I can't pinpoint what exactly it's choking on. Anyone else had this?

scamtank fucked around with this message at 18:51 on May 19, 2015

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Did you edit your Skyrim/SkyrimPrefs INI files per the ENB install guide?

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

Of course. I've been using it for a long time now, but I've only recently started turning up the dials.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

So, if my game has slowly been having more and more crashes, freezes, and infinite loading screens, it's likely due to too many script-heavy mods, correct? Would 216 plugins be too much for the system to handle? I'm thinking of paring down a couple like Frostfall, RND, and hunterborn. They add to the immersion, but they also probably have a lot of scripting overhead that might be overloading things.

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider
Okay, so my save file is somehow 24mb and I've only been playing a couple hours. Why is it so bloated? Also, I can't play for long without having a crash, even though all of the (many) mods I'm using are compatible and not causing slowdowns on my computer. What can I do, Goons? I finally have a beefy machine and I want to max out my Skyrim experience, but it's been really difficult :smith: Any help would be appreciated!

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Britt Burns posted:

Okay, so my save file is somehow 24mb and I've only been playing a couple hours. Why is it so bloated? Also, I can't play for long without having a crash, even though all of the (many) mods I'm using are compatible and not causing slowdowns on my computer. What can I do, Goons? I finally have a beefy machine and I want to max out my Skyrim experience, but it's been really difficult :smith: Any help would be appreciated!

A load order would be helpful.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Britt Burns posted:

I have a save with lineage back to 2012 on a 200+ mod build that is only just 23 megabytes, so yeah, that's definitely abnormal

I think one big culprit for save bloat is simply items - the more you collect, the bigger the file gets, so I'd look for any kind of mod which adds token items as a running script - it's possible the script is broken and it's adding items at an astonishing rate but not subsequently removing them.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Agents are GO! posted:

A load order would be helpful.

Actually, it sounds like his problem and mine are similar. My save is 11Mb after about a day and a half of playing. The main suspects are the script-heavy mods, JK's Skyrim since it always leads to massive framerate drops, or the Sounds of Skyrim packs since apparently several people have had them cause CTDs.

Load order:
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Unofficial Skyrim Patch"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "*Unmanaged: Dawnguard"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Unofficial Dawnguard Patch"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "*Unmanaged: HearthFires"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Unofficial Hearthfire Patch"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "*Unmanaged: Dragonborn"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Unofficial Dragonborn Patch"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "*Unmanaged: HighResTexturePack01"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "*Unmanaged: HighResTexturePack02"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "*Unmanaged: HighResTexturePack03"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Unofficial High Resolution Patch"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "*Unmanaged: Rayg_ShutUpMirmulnir"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "skse 1 07 02"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Brawl Bugs Patch"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "SkyUI 4.1"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Run For Your Lives"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Player Headtracking"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Immersive HUD - iHUD"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Uncle Sheogorath"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Immersive Armors"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Lustmord Vampire Armor"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Konahrik's Accoutrements - Dragon Priest Armory"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Apophysis Dragon Priest Masks"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Dragon Priests - Enhanced"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Guard Dialogue Overhaul"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Weapons and Armor Fixes Remade"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Clothing and Clutter Fixes"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Better Dialogue Controls"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Better MessageBox Controls"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Achieve That"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Skyrim -Community- Uncapper"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "SPERG - Skyrim Perk Enhancements and Rebalanced Gameplay"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "SPERG Immersive Armors Patch"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "SPERG Weapons and Armor Fixes - Remade Patch"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Bandolier - Bags and Pouches"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "JaySuS Swords"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Purity"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Enhanced Blood Textures"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Sounds of Skyrim - The Dungeons"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Sounds of Skyrim - Civilization"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Sounds of Skyrim - The Wilds"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Immersive Sounds - Compendium"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Thundering shouts"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "The REAL Fus Ro Dah"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Book Covers Skyrim"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Book Covers Skyrim - Lost Library"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Sometimes Pick Up Books"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Sword of the Ancient Tongues"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Sword of the Ancient Tongues - Thinner and Glowing"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Unique Uniques"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Unique Uniques - Weapons and Armor Fixes Remade Patch"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Lore Weapon Expansion"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Craftable Crossbows and Bolts for all"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Automatic Variants"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "LeanWolf's Better Shaped Weapons - All in One Installer"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Insanitys Ebony Sword Replacer"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Cloaks of Skyrim"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Cloaks of Skyrim - CCO Supported Version"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Cloak Of Lace For Lady"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Ruins Clutter Improved"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Static Mesh Improvement Mod"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Animated Clutter"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Left Hand Rings Modified"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "RaceMenu"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Amazing Follower Tweaks"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "When Vampires Attack"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "The Choice is Yours"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Flora Respawn Fix"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Thieves Guild Requirements - No Auto Quest Start Brynjolf"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Timing is Everything - Quest Delay and Timing Control"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Take Notes - Journal of the Dragonborn"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "aMidianBorn Book of Silence"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Breezehome FullyUpgradable"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Better Vampires 6.7"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Jaggarsfeld"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "The Paarthurnax Dilemma"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Alternate Start - Live Another Life"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Convenient Horses"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Follower Commentary Overhaul - FCO"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "aMidianBorn Textures For Immersive Armors and Lore-Friendly Armor Pack"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Skyrim Immersive Creatures"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "CCO Compatibility Patch for Skyrim Immersive Creatures"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "No Spinning Death Animation"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Realistic Ragdolls and Force"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Frostfall - Hypothermia Camping Survival"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "CCO Compatibility Patch for Frostfall"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "FrankDema Travel BackPack"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Dawnguard - Jiubs Opus Quest Markers"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Realistic Needs and Diseases"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "RND Purity Patch"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Trade and Barter"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "FileAccess Interface for Skyrim Script - FISS"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Hunterborn"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Equipping Overhaul"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Predator Vision - Vampire Werewolf and Khajiit"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Castle Volkihar Rebuilt"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Grimoas Vampire Lord"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Vampire Lord Retexture"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "TTYM - Think To Yourself Messages"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Riverwood Trader Overhaul"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Skyrim Shadow Striping Fix"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Face to face conversation"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Bijin Warmaidens"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "The Real Warmaidens"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "KJ Tattoos - Overlay Plugins for RaceMenu"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Enhanced Lights and FX"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Unofficial Sounds of Skyrim and Enhanced Lights and FX Patches"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "The Dance of Death - A Killmove Mod"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Pipe Smoking"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "No More Blocky Faces"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Elemental Staffs"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Fores New Idles in Skyrim - FNIS"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Immersive Animations"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "XP32 Maximum Skeleton -XPMS"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Arise - Chapter 1 - The Black Sacrament"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Dual Sheath Redux"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "New Animation for Running with Bow"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Run Sprint and Jump - Jog and Jump"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Falskaar"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Falskaar - Realistic Needs and Diseases patch"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Moonpath to Elsweyr"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Typo Patch - Moonpath to Elsweyr"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Wyrmstooth"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "CCF Compatibilify Patch for Realistic Needs and Diseases"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Helgen Reborn"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Moon and Star"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Legend of the Eagles Nest"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Halls of Dovahndor"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Female Bard Cover by Malukah ingame"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "JK's Skyrim"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Hold Border Banners"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Designs of the Nords"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Collectible Mysterium Xarxes"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Map Tomes and Writing Table"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Helmet Toggle - Show Hide"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Triss Outfitt For TES V Skyrim"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Demon Hunter Armor by Jojjo"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Contractor and Mavari Armors"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Raven witch armor and Apex Werewolf"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Silver Dragon Armor"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Medusa and Drakul Armors"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Agent of Righteous Might"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Brows"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Ponytail Hairstyles v3_0"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Beards"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Dragon Soul Relinquishment"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Smile in HD"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Dragon Stalking Fix"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "The Egg Of Time - Dwemer artifacts from Morrowind"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Dovahkiin Relaxes Too"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Unique Border Gates"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Viewable Faction Ranks"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Immersive Laundry"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "SKY CITY - Markarth Rising"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Blood and Silver - Cidhna Mine Expanded"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Lock Overhaul"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Superior Lore-Friendly Hair - HD textures"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "BVFE - Better Vampire Fangs and Eyes"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "More Salt Please"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Natural Eyes"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Coverwomen"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Serana Dialogue Edit"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Apocalypse - Magic of Skyrim"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Interesting NPCs"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Amethyst Hollows Dreamworld"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Face Light"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Feathers for humanoid males and females"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "SnowWhite Circlet"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Animated Dragon Wings"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Wyvern Rock Castle"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Dawnguard Rewritten - Arvak"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Stones of Barenziah Quest Markers"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Alchemist Compendium Hidden Treasure version"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Collect water from wells - RND Compatible"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Double Torch Radius"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "Bashed"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "AV-Patch"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "DSR Patch"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "FNIS Patch"
INFO (16:42:59.0972): using mod "SKSE Plugin"

Edit: Not sure whats up with that SKSE Plugin at the bottom. Everytime I lauch Skyrim, MO seems to generate one. Near as I can tell, it's caused by the "Fuz Ro D-oh - Silent Voice" mod.

Canemacar fucked around with this message at 01:59 on May 20, 2015

Nick Esasky
Nov 10, 2009
are there any good mods out there that does for Werewolves what Better Vampires does for vamps? Looking to start the Companions questline on my current playthrough soonish.

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary
Moonlight Tales - there's also a reduced feature version with Moonlight Tales Essentials and otoh some addon for it from some other guy with Moonlight Tales Enhanced or alternatively Bloodmoon Rising if you still want more stuff to do.

Atrayonis fucked around with this message at 13:36 on May 20, 2015

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

I have a save with lineage back to 2012 on a 200+ mod build that is only just 23 megabytes, so yeah, that's definitely abnormal

I think one big culprit for save bloat is simply items - the more you collect, the bigger the file gets, so I'd look for any kind of mod which adds token items as a running script - it's possible the script is broken and it's adding items at an astonishing rate but not subsequently removing them.

Wow, I can't believe you've had a playthrough last that long (I mean, without its save crapping out)! I think the culprit for items might be an addon that I have that lets you spawn items from any of your installed mods without needing to look up the codes. I also have two player homes that you carry as items (Inkwell home and Haversack something).

I'll get my mods up here when I get home from work :)

edit: Okay, here's my mod load order~

code:
Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Dawnguard.esm
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
HearthFires.esm
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
AemersRefuge.esm
EFFCore.esm
AsharaMerchantNPC.esm
SPERG.esm
Campfire.esm
HighResTexturePack01.esp
HighResTexturePack02.esp
HighResTexturePack03.esp
Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp
Reanimate FX.esp
ArgonianFins.esp
Improved Eyes Skyrim.esp
3DNPC.esp
3DNPC Followers Perk Addon.esp
AHZmoreHUD.esp
InkwellHome.esp
Conjure Warm Bed.esp
Wintermyst - Enchantments of Skyrim.esp
UnreadBooksGlow.esp
SGEyebrows.esp
KS Hairdo's.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
JaxonzDiagnostics.esp
Brows.esp
Dark Souls Set 01.esp
JHE_RavensRestMod.esp
Book Covers Skyrim.esp
Helgen Reborn.esp
Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp
HeartBreaker.esp
LovelyHairstylesCE.esp
Beards.esp
EmiliaFollower.esp
HoneyEyes.esp
JaxonzNamedSave.esp
Immersive Sounds - Compendium.esp
HARODATH_ImmersiveSoulgems.esp
HelmetToggle2.02b.esp
RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.esp
FCO - Follower Commentary Overhaul.esp
Mercy.esp
MoonAndStar_MAS.esp
ethereal_elven_overhaul.esp
EEO - USP (2.0.4a) Patch.esp
VioLens.esp
OpulentOutfitsV2Universal.esp
UIExtensions.esp
Player Size Adjuster.esp
RaceMenu.esp
Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp
Real Roads.esp
RaceMenuOverlays.esp
RevampedExteriorFog.esp
Rise of the Legend - Ysgramor.esp
Lore Weapon Expansion.esp
Interesting NPCs - EEO patch.esp
SkyUI.esp
DVA - Dynamic Vampire Appearance.esp
dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
ISCompendium Enhanced Blood Patch.esp
TKDodge.esp
UltimateCombat.esp
UltimateDragons.esp
RaceMenuOverlayCompilation - CBBE.esp
Undeath.esp
Birdsofskyrim.esp
Armored Skeleton.esp
Remove Interior Fog V2 - Full Version.esp
Euka.esp
Unique BOOZE Bottles.esp
Unique Uniques.esp
ViewableFactionRanksBothDLC.esp
When Vampires Attack.esp
dD-DG-DB-Immersive Creatures EBT Patch.esp
mortenhairs.esp
spellsneak.esp
Enchanting Freedom.esp
ISCompendium Balanced Magic Patch.esp
SPERG.esp
Thunderchild - Epic Shout Package.esp
Dragon Soul Relinquishment.esp
skyBirds - Airborne Perching Birds.esp
AnnaNPCs.esp
HarvestOverhaulCreatures.esp
HarvestOverhaul.esp
HarvestOverhaul_skyBirds_v0.931_Patch.esp
Hebrock_Der Schatten von Meresis - EV.esp
Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
SkyrimSewers.esp
throneroom.esp
Aengoth Follower.esp
MVABasic.esp
Heimfeigr.esp
Run For Your Lives.esp
quest_thebiggertheyare.esp
Gizmodian-Witchbane.esp
Feykro.esp
BrhuceLegacy.esp
EFFDialogue.esp
Point The Way.esp
Ducks and Swans.esp
RealisticWaterTwo.esp
RealisticWaterTwo - Legendary.esp
Better Vampires ML.esp
quest_nomercy.esp
bruciusfollower.esp
PelinalFollower.esp
RealisticWaterTwo - Waves.esp
SFO - Dragonborn.esp
BVMLandRB_Formlist.esp
tos_amber_guard.esp
tos_laintardale_hf.esp
tos_oakwood_hf.esp
quest_seaofghosts.esp
BloodmoonRising.esp
Halamshiral - no NPC.esp
Nuvanja.esp
tos_granitehall.esp
Book Covers Skyrim - Lost Library.esp
AemersRefuge-DG-DB.esp
Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp
BoundArmors.esp
AsharaRomanticOutfit.esp
Imperious - Races of Skyrim.esp
LlevelFollower.esp
MUSIC.esp
quest_pitfighter.esp
Beggar Monk.esp
SofiaFollower.esp
EliRedguardHouse.esp
quest_sorcery.esp
3DNPC Alternative Locations.esp
AddItemMenu.esp
WheelsOfLull.esp
BohanFollower.esp
Catsofskyrim.esp
HolmwoodNahkin.esp
Morning Fogs.esp
quest_andtherealmsofdaedra.esp
Ancient Spells 2.esp
BlackreachRailroadNew.esp
yggdrasil.esp
UnarmedHelper.esp
MzarkWonders.esp
Cliffracers_Solstheim.esp
Dwemer Spectres Legendary.esp
Dwemer Beards.esp
TODD Followers.esp
Dogsofskyrim.esp
The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp
BP2Meeko.esp
Dovabear.esp
TST_Annerose.esp
RealisticWaterTwo - Waves - Dawnguard.esp
00ood.esp
Aethernautics.esp
PP_OgmundsTomb.esp
Brevi_MoonlightTales.esp
MoonAndStar_Undeath_compat.esp
Thurindir.esp
iNeed.esp
CallaniFollower.esp
Kaassi follower new.esp
JulienFollower.esp
guardlyfollower.esp
Luggage.esp
Apocalypse - The Spell Package.esp
Forgotten Windmill.esp
Apocalypse - More Apocalypse.esp
Apocalypse - SPERG Compatibility Patch.esp
My Home Is Your Home.esp
ConjureSweetroll.esp
FNISspells.esp
Warhammer Sorceress Robes.esp
quest_pitfighter_dlc01.esp
towConversation.esp
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp

Britt Burns fucked around with this message at 20:01 on May 20, 2015

Nick Esasky
Nov 10, 2009
two stupid modding questions

1) If i have Skyproc patchers for ASIS, Automatic Varients, Wintermyst, and LLI, is there any particular order i should be running them?

2)How do i give said patchers more memory to work with while they still can work within MOs' virtual directory structure? Been getting Outta Heap Memory errors from AV in particular.

Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

Nick Esasky posted:

two stupid modding questions

1) If i have Skyproc patchers for ASIS, Automatic Varients, Wintermyst, and LLI, is there any particular order i should be running them?

2)How do i give said patchers more memory to work with while they still can work within MOs' virtual directory structure? Been getting Outta Heap Memory errors from AV in particular.

Produce a Merged and Bashed Patch for your load order first. Run ASIS then run LLI. Do not run the Wintermyst patcher the LLI patcher is smart enough to detect the new enchantments included in the basic wintermyst .esp and include those in its work. I don't know where you'd run AV, I've never used it.

Nick Esasky
Nov 10, 2009
umm, i'm not certain how LLI.esp is 4 megs smaller than the Wintermyst patcher result if it includes the stuff from Wintermyst too, especially with plenty of lists where only one of the two is making changes. Also, given that they both make a bunch of changes to leveled lists that some of my other mods also touch, i'm not seeing why i shouldn't be making a bashed patch including the two of them. Especially given that LOOT doesn't do anything wacky with them like make them load after the bashed patch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider
I figured it out (sort of) - I took out the two "Birds of Skyrim" mods and the "Immersive Sounds" mod and my save is down to a svelt 9mb! :woop: Funny: when I was looking through my saves folder I found five files that were 75mb :saddowns:

• Locked thread