Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Will we be able to change the difficulty during the game? Cause if we can I might as well start on hardest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
^^^ - I'll let you know in 24 hours!!!

Yeah, there's a troll that can be killed. Not the two married trolls. :3:

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Mr E posted:

Will we be able to change the difficulty during the game? Cause if we can I might as well start on hardest.

I'm like 90% sure that I heard someone say that you can in a video.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Mr E posted:

You can, and it modifies stats of enemies on the fly, no reload necessary.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Orv posted:

Watching CohhCarnage's stream: The PC controls are loving insane. Left Shift + LMB for heavy strikes, Z to lock on, LAlt to short dodge, WASD + Space makes a little more sense for roll at least.

That sucks. Since we can seamlessly use both the gamepad and kb+m, I´m considering using the gamepad for general gameplay and kb+m for inventory management.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Pigbottom posted:

That sucks. Since we can seamless use both gamepad and kb+m I´m considering using the gamepad for general gameplay and kb+m for inventory management.

I believe you can rebind everything on PC, so it's just the default stuff that's completely crazy.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Yeah I was going to say...

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich

TheMaestroso posted:

Started playing Witcher 2 for the first time recently to prepare for this game. Liking it so far!

Also, I made a tarot card for the King of the Wild Hunt, based on the Death card from the traditional Rider deck.

My gf came up with the idea, and I loved it. Took about a week and a half to finish, all done in paint.net (and then imported to photoshop CS2 for the color halftone printing effect).

the lines on the horse are the only thing that is slightly off, everything else looks authentic. very nicely done, impressive work!

Orv
May 4, 2011
24 hours motherfuckers. Make peace with your social lives, such as they may be.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Orv posted:

Watching CohhCarnage's stream: The PC controls are loving insane. Left Shift + LMB for heavy strikes, Z to lock on, LAlt to short dodge, WASD + Space makes a little more sense for roll at least.

Yeah the manual that leaked a while ago said the same thing. I'll probably just map dodge to an extra mouse key, maybe shift+click isn't as bad as it first appears.
Who needs lockon with a mouse anyway?

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

I just want to nom on Merrill

black.lion posted:

How does importing a finished W2 save work? I'm that idiot that made 1M saves when I played through, there are two finished playthroughs in there somewhere but I'd be hard pressed to figure out which saves those are.

Also in Act 2 Roche I turned a corner in the winding rock bit and a troll just threw a rock at me and started attacking me. I had to kill him, and I still feel bad about it. Was there a way to make friends with him?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3720352&pagenumber=24#post445442634

It will be an autosave that looks like that thumbnail. Should be the highest number in the series as well. Also, I'm guessing it will only let you import endgame saves

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Orv posted:

24 hours motherfuckers. Make peace with your social lives, such as they may be.

I have two more pages to be where I want to on my Thesis, then it is the Witchering Time.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
I know you can rebind, but I wonder why they think having those default keyboard settings are okay. It seems so goddamned stupid, to be honest.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I hate L Alt, whatever's on L Alt always gets rebinded.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Watching this PC stream from earlier - I'm really digging the side quests that have Geralt playing CSI monster hunter. If this game is is basically 100 hours of solving cool monster mysteries and playing Gwent it's going to be the GOAT.

Orv
May 4, 2011

VanillaGorilla posted:

Watching this PC stream from earlier - I'm really digging the side quests that have Geralt playing CSI monster hunter. If this game is is basically 100 hours of solving cool monster mysteries and playing Gwent it's going to be the GOAT.

About half monster mysteries and half people mysteries, it's looking. And who are the real monsters there anyway.

It's the trolls.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Why does this game say it unlocks at 6PM EDT on Steam and 7 PM EDT pm on GOG?

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

cheesetriangles posted:

Why does this game say it unlocks at 6PM EDT on Steam and 7 PM EDT pm on GOG?

Because it unlocks tomorrow evening at 7PM EDT, which I think is midnight on the 19th in Poland time or whatever.

Lowtechs
Jan 12, 2001
Grimey Drawer

black.lion posted:

No he was just chillin in a dead end, he had some wooden armor on I think.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Look for a save bmp file that looks like this. That will be a complete game autosave.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

VanillaGorilla posted:

Because it unlocks tomorrow evening at 7PM EDT, which I think is midnight on the 19th in Poland time or whatever.
Holy poo poo you're right, my PS4 says 23 hours from now. Due to time zones, that's even before I get home from work tomorrow.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
I liked that on that stream earlier during one of the CSI quests he was tracking footprints near water, inspects an area where he noitces whoever he is looking for got attacked by drowners, then immediatly drowners pop out and rush him nearly before Geralt is done talking to himself. I chuckled a bit since I've not seen that happen without at least a couple second waiting period in a long while.

Also invisible horse Vesimer. Witcher 3 can't escape the cruse of open-world games, lots of weird bugs.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

VanillaGorilla posted:

Yeah I know that but why does Steam say it is unlocking an hour before everything else?

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Broose posted:

Also invisible horse Vesimer. Witcher 3 can't escape the cruse of open-world games, lots of weird bugs.

There are probably going to be some pretty good horse gifs in the first few weeks of this game. Giantbomb's stream had the horse clip through the wall of the first inn you go into, so it looked like there was a mounted horse head.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Broose posted:

Yeah the Witcher series has always been buggy. When I was doing the meeting of the rulers in Witcher 2 Radovid was invisible.

Lowtechs
Jan 12, 2001
Grimey Drawer

cheesetriangles posted:

Yeah I know that but why does Steam say it is unlocking an hour before everything else?

Edit: Maybe gaben got the timezone info wrong.

Lowtechs fucked around with this message at 00:49 on May 18, 2015

Airfoil
Sep 10, 2013

I'm a rocket man

cheesetriangles posted:

Steam count down is frequently wrong. Don't worry about it. It will unlock the same time everywhere.

Speaking of importing saves.. if you have Steam Cloud turned on, W2 saves don't appear in the normal local directory. Hopefully W3 is smart enough to figure it out.

Orv
May 4, 2011
The best part of that stream as far as I've watched, is the first fight in the game proper, he stumbles past one of the horses and without any enemies nearby the horse lashes out and fucks his poo poo up. He is so confused by it, it's great.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Danny O'Dwyer from gamespot is streaming the game: http://www.twitch.tv/dannyodwyer

If you're not familiar he's a pretty cool/funny guy, so you won't have to put up with some twitch superstar thanking his subs every 30 seconds. Plus he's pretty open to suggestions when playing and is actively showing the game off and explaining stuff.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Don't be shocked if an early steam unlock happen - it's not unheard of for it to happen 40 minutes before the scheduled time (presumably to give people time to decrypt the data).

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

Don't be shocked if an early steam unlock happen - it's not unheard of for it to happen 40 minutes before the scheduled time (presumably to give people time to decrypt the data).

Or the Portal 2 Potato ARG where thousands of people spent tens of thousands of man hours to release Portal 2...an hour early. :v:

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

One thing I love about the witcher senses are how annoying they are visually. One of the worst things about the Batman games was that there was no reason to ever turn off detective vision. It was advantageous in every way to keep it activated forever; unfortuantely it made the game look awful and meant you lost out on so much of the atmosphere. The way they are done here, with the fish eye and limited view distance, when using witcher senses means we'll actually use it selectively.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Can someone sooth my nonpreordering self. If I have NOT preoredered but pickup tomorrow, or this week, will I still get the free dlc that they didn't have done in time for release?

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Can someone sooth my nonpreordering self. If I have NOT preoredered but pickup tomorrow, or this week, will I still get the free dlc that they didn't have done in time for release?

Yes.

Orv posted:

The best part of that stream as far as I've watched, is the first fight in the game proper, he stumbles past one of the horses and without any enemies nearby the horse lashes out and fucks his poo poo up. He is so confused by it, it's great.

Wait, you can be attacked by your own horse? Did I read this wrong?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Tiny Chalupa posted:

DLC is for everyone. There's no preorder stuff.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Slate Action posted:

Yes.

I don't know the mechanics behind it, but I imagine if you walk behind a horse when the horse is flagged as combat it'll try and kick whatever is behind it, even if that's you.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Slate Action posted:

First rule of Witchin' - Roach don't give a gently caress!

Orv
May 4, 2011
Man XBox voice recognition is a pile of goddamn poo poo.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Something I never knew until I read it in the wiki: The name Roche gives to the guard in Flotsam is the name of the Nilfgaard emperor. Which makes the guards confusion make a lot more sense.

Vernon Roche best spy.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I wish this game came out at midnight, not two hours before I have to leave work. I wonder if I can get my roommate to press "unlock" for me so I don't have to wait for it to decrypt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

RatHat posted:

Something I never knew until I read it in the wiki: The name Roche gives to the guard in Flotsam is the name of the Nilfgaard emperor. Which makes the guards confusion make a lot more sense.

Vernon Roche best spy.
"Emhyr var Emreis, a spice merchant"
"A trader?"
"In spices"