Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

Badger of Basra posted:

a europol in two parts

German politics is basically 'social democracy for us, neoliberalism for everyone else' so yeah checks out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Zeitgueist posted:

minor nitpick tho refrigerating the pregnant woman and then lingering on the unborn kid and poo poo seemed entirely unnecessary and could have been cut

yeah I feel like that scene was supposed to serve some sort of deeper purpose but that is never teased out

idk if there is cut footage somewhere that links back to it somehow

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Disinterested posted:

japan isn't racist because it's a monoculture so much as it's a monoculture because it's racist

japanese people have been thinking ill of their fellow asians for centuries and their refusal to allow migration, that they desperately need, is a continuation of that historic trend

china is growing more monoethnic all the time because centuries old historic trends of cultural imperialism are still at work and have been at work for a long time

this poo poo is not new, and in fact the countries have become more monodimensional because of historic attitudes to their minorities and neighbours

no im looking at demographics and saying "hmm well they show that it's largely monoethnic" and saying "yep i can see why they have problems with foreigners/people outside their ethnicity". im not buying into any myths about these places being only for that ethnicity, that's something youre thrusting on me for whatever disingenuous reasons you have.

how is this an argument at all or are you seriously asserting that ethnic homogeneity doesnt breed mistrust of people outside that ethnicity :wtc:

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

IT'S GARBAGE DAY AT WENDY'S FUCK YEAH WE EATIN GOOD TONIGHT

joeburz posted:

waylon jennings is a weird na...oh

I don't get it

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

ach I'm going to bed

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Zeitgueist posted:

minor nitpick tho refrigerating the pregnant woman and then lingering on the unborn kid and poo poo seemed entirely unnecessary and could have been cut

yeah i dunno what that scene was supposed to do for the story

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Disinterested posted:

German politics is basically 'social democracy for us, neoliberalism for everyone else' so yeah checks out.

no more social democracy for them, hartz IV sorry. you're thinking about willy brandt days. these days it's neoliberalism for all

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

LorrdErnie posted:

I don't get it

coal, the real black power

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp
Otherwise I love how the movie is basically called Mad Max in order to get people to go see a movie that's not about Mad Max

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

nutranurse posted:

yeah i dunno what that scene was supposed to do for the story

I HAD A BABY BROTHER, AND HE WAS PERFECT IN EVERY WAY

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Literally The Worst posted:

Look if it wasn't going to end with valley forge valley forge Aaron's ending was the next best thing

I almost totally agree.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

WoodrowSkillson posted:

rictus erectus was perfect in every way

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

PupsOfWar posted:

I'm reading the issue of Multiversity where the chibi universe gets invaded

its pretty depressing

Multiversity isn't that great

Secret Wars is the much better big world shattering event this year

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

site posted:

I almost totally agree.

It should have ended with Valley Forge tho. Read Hitman for Ennis' other take on murderer as hero. Super good comic

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

That sucks. Grant Morrison is my favorite comic writer and I was waiting for the trade collection. :( Although after how Batman Inc ended up having to end, I get the feeling he's done with Superheros.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

We don't spoiler tag here amigo

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

WoodrowSkillson posted:

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Episode 8: Everyone gets high and finds guns

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

i need more views on my videos where can i stick them other than here on SA

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The stillborn birth characterizes joe and rictus and the cult as a whole. Joe only cares about women in their breeding capacity. War boys like rictus have latent but warped humanity. Also it tells us again that humans are being born mutant and pure humans like Max are incredibly rare and valuable.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

ReidRansom posted:

i need more views on my videos where can i stick them other than here on SA

Theres the internet critic thread in RGD if they are those kind of videos.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

euphronius posted:

The stillborn birth characterizes joe and rictus and the cult as a whole. Joe only cares about women in their breeding capacity. War boys like rictus have latent but warped humanity. Also it tells us again that humans are being born mutant and pure humans like Max are incredibly rare and valuable.

hmm well when you explain it like this i wish they had been better about emphasizing these things but nonetheless best action movie ive seen in a while

like we get pretty good glimpses of this post apoc society, but only glimpses really

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

BigRed0427 posted:

Theres the internet critic thread in RGD if they are those kind of videos.

what's RGD?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

BigRed0427 posted:

That sucks. Grant Morrison is my favorite comic writer and I was waiting for the trade collection. :( Although after how Batman Inc ended up having to end, I get the feeling he's done with Superheros.

i think he's done writing about corporate cape characters, but i don't think he's entirel done with superheroes

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The baby was born without a mouth

Through it's mother it refused from birth to participate in Joes world.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

yeh but multiversity's all been released so I figured I'd catch up in between Secret Warses

i think he's done writing about corporate cape characters, but i don't think he's entirel done with superheroes

imho Grant always seems to lack respect for analogs or off-branded superheroes, so it's either he writes for the Big Two or he goes off-genre.

Which is fine

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
Blaming Japanese racism on isolation rather than a long tradition of viewing themselves as ethnically superior seems naive.

The birth scene gives us Joe's motivation- he's trying to figure out how to ensure healthy babies instead of deformed and terminally ill ones.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Joe seemed to be imho searching for a genetically healthy son to succeed him which explains the value he put in the relatively healthy and genetically distinct wives. But again he only values women as donors. Donors of milk or donors of kids. Max is interestingly feminized in this way as he also is a donor. Instead of milk he donates blood and death.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Women are the true universal donor the movie states

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Effectronica posted:

Blaming Japanese racism on isolation rather than a long tradition of viewing themselves as ethnically superior seems naive.

I'm saying ethnic isolation contributes to the problem, other goons are the ones who are acting as if I'm saying that's the only factor. :rolleyes:

euphronius posted:

Women are the true universal donor the movie states

wait hold up does it explicitly say this or are you talking metaphorically, because I agree with the latter but might have missed the former.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

PupsOfWar posted:

imho Grant always seems to lack respect for analogs or off-branded superheroes, so it's either he writes for the Big Two or he goes off-genre.

Which is fine

That makes sense. He seems like the kind of guy who wouldn't respect someone for just recoloring a known hero so they can get away with doing what they wan't with it.

Edit: It's Superman! Except he doesn't give a gently caress! :c00lbutt:

On Japan racism, VOX.com had an article a few months back about a pop group performing in Blackface.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Women donate in order their milk their Uteruses their seeds like LITERAL SEEDS MAN in a leather pouch!!! (It's a metaphor for ovaries) and then finally her life

But of course Furiosa is resurrected to an exalted state by the blood sacrifice and donation of Max.

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.
idk if i agree with the statement that it's a mad max movie that's not "about" mad max. while furiosa commands attention because she stone cold owns, max is the one who undergoes the emotional transformation and has his identity shaped through the events of the film, whereas furiosa is p. assured and confident in her identity imo.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

And of course the heroes rebirth and redemption only happens when they drove through a vagina.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Effectronica posted:

It's kinda fun really. way back when i was living there i can remember both being treated poorly some places and hearing an old dude scold a bunch of kids in a bar for behaving disrespectfully around us. It's a weird thing. The older people remember getting their asses handed to them and it keeps their inherent racism in check; some of the younger generation has to be reminded to not let it run crazy. They should really just find a balance.

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.
while all the rig characters achieve their desired end, only max's desired end at the end of the film is different than his desired end at the beginning (or ~15 minutes in if you want)

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

this "everyone is high for this episodes because of nuts" plot is really thin

im suffering through this series so you goons dont have to

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

nutranurse posted:

this "everyone is high for this episodes because of nuts" plot is really thin

im suffering through this series so you goons dont have to

What are you watching?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
if only those bikers had guns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The product of women milk and babies is commoditized and commercialized and the the hero transports her precious cargo of milk and wombs to the ends of the barren road only to find barren women who offer her nothing nothing but the cleansing journey into an oblivion of sand but she won't be redeemed
And then steps in the other hero the male universal donor most connected to the plight of women in this context who says "retaliate first"

• Locked thread