Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Braksgirl in 1998 posted:

I saw Beanie Babies at Target yesterday. $5 a pop for tiny stuffed animals? Yeah, I'll take a pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared

Fish Of Doom posted:

:words: on Vinylmation

drat. I had no idea that is how it worked. I always wondered why certain sets had different packaging and looked so different.

As for the Tsums, the little cell phone mobile game is really addictive.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
Do any of the WDW resorts still have sailing? I recall seeing it at one point, but now when i search I only see like kayaking

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I'd guess the Yacht Club resort?

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

I don't know that they rent sailboats anymore. On the website, I see kayaks and pontoons, but nothing about sailboats. You used to rent them from the Poly.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Trader Sam's is dope. I went with my dad right at opening, sat at the big surfboard table in the middle and had awesome drinks with some very nice people, and brought home some bomb-rear end mugs and a cool little plastic pearl. This is something I could easily fit in for every trip.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

SWW has started. Any goon willing to hook me up with a Donald and/or Mickey band, it'd be kickin rad.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008

Tim Whatley posted:

SWW has started. Any goon willing to hook me up with a Donald and/or Mickey band, it'd be kickin rad.

Same. I will obv pay for it and S&H and what not.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
Going Sunday, pray for me.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
I wish I could go too... maybe my fairy godmother Mon Mothma will come and give me a fabulous cosplay outfit with clari-crystalline slippers so that I can attend. Everyone will be whispering, "who is that mysterious young nerd?" And then I will dance the night away with, I don't know, Ian McDiarmid - hey, why get a prince when you can get an emperor?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I'm on the bus now headed up to Orlando. So stoked.

Oh btw, I found out that apparently the Contemporary Resort has a working F-Zero AX machine? Is this true? Is it still there? Because my friend is begging me to take a picture of it or something.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
They had (or still have) at least an hour wait to by SWW exclusive Merch, such a t-shirts and the magic bands. Godspeed folks!

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Just in case you guys don't know about it, there's a real active Facebook group called Disney Garage Sale where people almost always post they're heading to the parks and they take merch requests. I didn't want to ask for a band but I did snag me a badass Han Solo in carbonite popcorn bucket from some nice user in Orlando. :cheers:

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Skeezy posted:

I'm on the bus now headed up to Orlando. So stoked.

Oh btw, I found out that apparently the Contemporary Resort has a working F-Zero AX machine? Is this true? Is it still there? Because my friend is begging me to take a picture of it or something.

I did not see said machine, but I didn't actually walk into the arcade, I just walked by it a couple times. I distinctly remember playing that game at one of the All-Star resorts when I was way younger, so at one point one existed somewhere. (EDIT: a cursory Google tells me that someone posted about this very machine on Reddit about 2 months ago, so I imagine it's still around. Go play it, and then go to the California Grill and get food because holy poo poo that was the best meal I ever had, and you get a bombass view of the fireworks.)

They have Mario Kart in DisneyQuest, though!

Yoshifan823 fucked around with this message at 00:26 on May 16, 2015

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

They had (or still have) at least an hour wait to by SWW exclusive Merch, such a t-shirts and the magic bands. Godspeed folks!

Those of you that placed MB orders with me I am going today to the park. I expect two hours or more according to my in-law who called someone he knows there. The one hour queue BBS mentioned was the abbreviated version. It was two hours plus most of the day.

I am sure my orderees will give me something extra to cover booze expenses while standing in an intolerable line for hours getting their MB's. ;)

If you didn't place your order yet, your ship will be leaving port in ten minutes if I can get waifu out of the goddamned bathroom already. YOUR HAIR IS FINE HONEY FFS!

Update: 1 hr wait for my Vader pic, we were told the line to get into Darths Mall is three hours. Sent the wife to get beer.

Updated update: pics taken. In line for merch. Also they are out of Stormtrooper MB's. Fml Disney really?

Updated update to my update:

Got one Mickey too. No stormtrooper verified. gently caress you Disney.

Found it!

demonR6 fucked around with this message at 20:42 on May 16, 2015

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
My boyfriend saw that Disney World commercial with the hotel concierge using her fairy powers to make a family's vacation ~*~MAGICAL~*~ and he laughed. "Do they really dress like that?" Honey, you have no idea. :allears:

E: I can't decide what kind of cast member uniform is most ridiculous. Is it the 18th-century garments they wear in Liberty Square, complete with mob caps for the women? The Epcot Germans' lederhosen? Those blue Fantasyland vests with the black stripe with red checkers? There's so many silly outfits!

Pththya-lyi fucked around with this message at 20:57 on May 16, 2015

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

demonR6 posted:

Those of you that placed MB orders with me I am going today to the park. I expect two hours or more according to my in-law who called someone he knows there. The one hour queue BBS mentioned was the abbreviated version. It was two hours plus most of the day.

I am sure my orderees will give me something extra to cover booze expenses while standing in an intolerable line for hours getting their MB's. ;)

If you didn't place your order yet, your ship will be leaving port in ten minutes if I can get waifu out of the goddamned bathroom already. YOUR HAIR IS FINE HONEY FFS!

Update: 1 hr wait for my Vader pic, we were told the line to get into Darths Mall is three hours. Sent the wife to get beer.

Updated update: pics taken. In line for merch. Also they are out of Stormtrooper MB's. Fml Disney really?

Updated update to my update:

Got one Mickey too. No stormtrooper verified. gently caress you Disney.

Found it!

Is that Donald one, like, up for sale? Because I am down. If I missed my window, I am a fool who should have checked the forum. Either way, so sick.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I would like to buy a Mickey or a Donald one, preference for the Donald, if anyone is selling.

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler

Pththya-lyi posted:

My boyfriend saw that Disney World commercial with the hotel concierge using her fairy powers to make a family's vacation ~*~MAGICAL~*~ and he laughed. "Do they really dress like that?" Honey, you have no idea. :allears:

E: I can't decide what kind of cast member uniform is most ridiculous. Is it the 18th-century garments they wear in Liberty Square, complete with mob caps for the women? The Epcot Germans' lederhosen? Those blue Fantasyland vests with the black stripe with red checkers? There's so many silly outfits!
I always enjoyed the ridiculousness of the pirate costume. I think the most ridiculous I ever wore was storybook circus.

The one I wear now is classy though.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
I would like to reiterate my desire to buy one of the SWW bands. Not sure if my previous statement of desire gives me dibs, but if given a paypal link I will send mucho dineros

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
I can snag one this week for you, defeldus@gmail.com just let me know what you want. Also, my wife is working the SWW events next weekend, I'm kind of jealous.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I don't think I'm going to Hollywood till tomorrow but please tell me they still have Donald and Mickey MBs. I forgot they were limited but I don't get how quick those will go.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Here's the MB sitrep. Donald and Mickey were limited run of 2500 each so they're gone when they're gone.

Stormtrooper and Jedi are limited edition but I spent the better part of four hours trying to get them and they are high demand (Stormtrooper.)

I have two Storms, Mickey is pending, Donald is sold. I am going back tomorrow because they have passholder only posters that are bad rear end and I must have but they ran out of today.

PM me what you want, I'll check when I am at the park and have my hands on it but only if you are committed because I'll be pissed if I buy something and you back out. Bad enough the line is loving hello long and it's hot as balls only to have someone flake out on me after I bought something for you. I'll only ship USPS Priority for everyone's safety and if you want the original packaging intact then it's a medium box, I can't cram it into a small box without it screwing it up.

That's it. Questions? PM me or email owwithurts@gmail.com and feel free to ask in the thread, the other goons here that I've picked up MB's for will vouch for me.

Skeezy posted:

I don't think I'm going to Hollywood till tomorrow but please tell me they still have Donald and Mickey MBs. I forgot they were limited but I don't get how quick those will go.

Yes but again they were limited to 2500 each and who knows how many have gone so far. They should have enough though, I can't imagine them all gone in two days although Stormtrooper bands sold out yesterday mid day and they were left scrambling to find them today.

demonR6 fucked around with this message at 06:33 on May 17, 2015

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Okay gently caress it, I'll be at Hollywood tomorrow with a friend and I'm getting my drat Donald and him his Mickey.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Good luck man, go to the back of the park when you get there for the shops.

More pics of the haul.

The poster is the limited edition for passholders a different one each week. We're getting them all, in want to frame a set. Someone bought the other for too much money but you know the fool and his money quote. He wanted it, threw money and the rest is history.

Also pictured are a set of passholder trading pins and special event name tag with our names in Aurebesh (nerd language.)

The goons that PP'ed me this morning I'll get yours for sure. I'm only buying till I max my disposable income so. ;)

Update: park run is almost done for today. I can only p/u rebel or stormtrooper bands on the way out now. Everyone who PP'ed I have your swag! I'll pm you later for shipping arrangements.

I'll make a run next week but fair warning Mickey, Donald and stormtrooper might be out forever according to mgr I spoke with. Also the passholder poster with Yoda.. have two extras up for sale. This is my only 'for profit' opportunity and waifu wants a SW purse for our anniversary coming up so.. pics of the full five collection later.

demonR6 fucked around with this message at 15:32 on May 17, 2015

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Tim Whatley posted:

Is that Donald one, like, up for sale? Because I am down. If I missed my window, I am a fool who should have checked the forum. Either way, so sick.

You don't have PM's enabled.. email me asap I have one Mickey, the last Donald is on hold but if the other goon backs out I can save it for you.

I am going back every weekend primarily for the poster but I will be making MB runs. The Mickey and Donald were limited to 2500 and may or may not be available it really depends on how fast they go. Same with the stormtrooper band that is really in demand over the rebel pilot band.

This weekends final tally.. one stormtrooper and one Mickey MB left.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008

demonR6 posted:

You don't have PM's enabled.. email me asap I have one Mickey, the last Donald is on hold but if the other goon backs out I can save it for you.

I am going back every weekend primarily for the poster but I will be making MB runs. The Mickey and Donald were limited to 2500 and may or may not be available it really depends on how fast they go. Same with the stormtrooper band that is really in demand over the rebel pilot band.

This weekends final tally.. one stormtrooper and one Mickey MB left.

You are so awesome. I really can't thank you enough for doing this.

Ive heard the SWW ones only activate at HS. Like. They work in the other parks, but only make the special sounds/lights in HS. Can anybody confirm/deny?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

:getin:

They still had a ton more so if anyone is going to the park to grab one go for it.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Wanna give a huge thanks to demonR6 for waiting in line and snagging me a magic band. Top notch goon for sure.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Skeezy posted:

:getin:

They still had a ton more so if anyone is going to the park to grab one go for it.

There were quite a few at both locations but again only 2500 so when they're gone, they're gone.

Also thanks to everyone who ordered and communicated with me to get this all squared away today! Your packages will be in the mail tomorrow.

Forgot who was the Stitch fan but this..

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Got the passholder poster. May not be able to get next week's though (Fett)

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I'll see if I can grab you an extra.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Why do I have band jealousy when I live in England? I couldn't even use the things!

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Make your friends jealous when you have one and they don't? "I have connections.."

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008

demonR6 posted:

Make your friends jealous when you have one and they don't? "I have connections.."

yo check your email. Sent you my correct address for shipping as the one in PP is old and so very wrong.

Fejsze
May 13, 2013

Only you are the fish of my dreams
Major thanks to Demon for grabbing one for me as well. It's awesome to have a DW park hookup.

Now I'm going to be able to make lightsaber noises whenever I scan my band, and not look like a complete weirdo.

Right?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Is it true that these bands make lightsaber noises at Hollywood or is that some bullshit.

Because I need it to be true.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

BlueBayou posted:

yo check your email. Sent you my correct address for shipping as the one in PP is old and so very wrong.

It is being shipped to the address in the last email you sent me. No worries there!

Skeezy posted:

Is it true that these bands make lightsaber noises at Hollywood or is that some bullshit.

Because I need it to be true.

Check the link. Both Mickey & Donald say "May the Force be With You" when you scan at the gate. The Jedi and Rebel bands that were given for free at the special paid Galactic Gathering event make the lightsaber sound at the gate.

Tim Whatley posted:

Tim shoot me an email buddy, I bought one for someone that placed an order but they are on the fence now and need till Friday for payday. If they fall through then you have first dibs on it.

Also I have one Jedi Mickey available (bought a spare) if anyone is still interested. I will throw it up on eBay later this week they are selling for almost fifty bucks at the moment.

This is the reason I am going to ask for payment of the item(s) in advance now the day ahead or even when I am at the park else I run the risk of being out the cash.

All items are boxed and ready to go in the morning!

Christ this was a lot of work and a long weekend so trip report and scouting for anyone planning on attending..

- The old sorcerer hat location has a large stage now themed to SWW of course where they have shows and the nightly DJ party which was really fun.
- Parade was really packed, they opened the side gate that opens to Sunset Blvd because of the crowding. This morning people were queued for the 11 AM parade at 9.30.
- Alcoholic themed beverages are a must and they have a collectors LED glow cube. Both our drinks came with a Millennium Falcon glow cube, tres cool.
- Darths Mall is in the back this year and broken up into three locations with the best items in the backlot tour area where the queue lines and attractions used to be located. Wattos Grotto had the three hour line, people were saying as much as four hours on Friday. We stood in a two hour line at that one. The second location adjacent to it was only an hour line. Wattos has the best items including custom light sabers and the name tags everyone wants.
- Meet & Greets: Vader is a one hour line, no selfies. I did get some sweet sweet selfies though with a lot of characters. The Tusken Raiders were the best as they were really playing the part well and got a cool selfie. Darth Maul was our favorite as he really plays the part well. I got a cool selfie with him. Chewie is a sold hour plus line, he may or may not have one of two Ewoks with him or if Chewie goes on his break you might get two ewoks and be poo poo out of luck. Lots of characters walking about and many photo ops with randoms like the changeling from the cartoon, clone trooper or others to name a few.
- Rebel cantina was great, loved it.. will be trying as many items as I can over the next four weeks. So. Much. Food.

Why the hell Disney has not built a Star Wars area when there is so much possibility is beyond my comprehension. I won't get into the discussion here over why they chose to sink money into Avatarland when SW is a cash cow waiting to be milked over and over ad-infinitum amazes me still.

demonR6 fucked around with this message at 02:33 on May 18, 2015

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Regarding your last paragraph, I've wondered about that a lot too. The only thing I can figure is some kind of licensing or contractual issue. They have to be aware (or planning) that Star Wars would be their next biggest cash cow behind Marvel, which they can't do yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Meanwhile Universal shovels in the money with everything Harry Potter and now the Kong area plus the announcement for the Nintendo area.