Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Ugh. Just now got to Chapter 3 in my 2 playthrough. How much longer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

Comrade Flynn posted:

Ugh. Just now got to Chapter 3 in my 2 playthrough. How much longer?

Two hours if you ignore side stuff.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

Orv posted:

Two hours if you ignore side stuff.

Maybe five if you don't.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Telling streamers you use adblock owns.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
gently caress, I just realized back when I picked Iorveth's side I didn't kill Loredo and opted instead to rescue to people trapped in the burning building. gently caress. That won't end well for flotsam. :ohdear:

Maybe I'll just have to side with Roche for my transfer game since I killed Loredo directly. Son of a bitch....but, maybe Flotsam is just a mistake Geralt will have to live with, and will haunt him as surely as any spirit from the Wild Hunt.

But dammit, all that cool political scheming and story information in Roche's path...drat.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 07:11 on May 18, 2015

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

I just want to nom on Merrill

Drifter posted:

gently caress, I just realized back when I picked Iorveth's side I didn't kill Loredo and opted instead to rescue to people trapped in the burning building. gently caress. That won't end well for flotsam. :ohdear:

Maybe I'll just have to side with Roche for my transfer game since I killed Loredo directly. Son of a bitch....but, maybe Flotsam is just a mistake Geralt will have to live with, and will haunt him as surely as any spirit from the Wild Hunt.

But dammit, all that cool political scheming and story information in Roche's path...drat.

Flotsam is hosed either way. It's just phrased slightly differently in the Epilogue.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
gently caress it. I'm going iorveth!

insider
Feb 22, 2007

A secret room... always my favourite room in a house.
So... I just booted up Witcher 2 for the first time since 2011 in an effort to try and figure out which end game save I want to use. Well apparently since it is now the 'Enhanced' edition none of my earlier saves will show up to load to try and figure it out. I guess I will just use one of the completed saves that have been linked in the past... Just wish the tattoo was in the saves but it doesn't appear to be which sucks.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Drifter posted:

gently caress it. I'm going iorveth!

Good :colbert:

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

I just want to nom on Merrill

insider posted:

So... I just booted up Witcher 2 for the first time since 2011 in an effort to try and figure out which end game save I want to use. Well apparently since it is now the 'Enhanced' edition none of my earlier saves will show up to load to try and figure it out. I guess I will just use one of the completed saves that have been linked in the past... Just wish the tattoo was in the saves but it doesn't appear to be which sucks.

If you want a Iorveth playthrough I posted mine. It has the tattoo.

Also, if it's a steam version, check that steam folder (posted earlier) as well as the one in documents.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Drifter posted:

I don't think it will matter much. The big thing with Loredo was that he sold Flotsam to Kaedwin. But with the current political climate I doubt that deal has stuck. Witcher 2 also didn't make it a secret that pretty much everyone in Flotsam hates him and is either working against him or hoping for the right moment to kick him out. Iorveth didn't seem to think he was going to be a problem anymore.

Besides, if you don't save the elf women you can't be big sleaze and sleep with one of them later. :v:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Kimmalah posted:

I don't think it will matter much. The big thing with Loredo was that he sold Flotsam to Kaedwin. But with the current political climate I doubt that deal has stuck. Witcher 2 also didn't make it a secret that pretty much everyone in Flotsam hates him and is either working against him or hoping for the right moment to kick him out. Iorveth didn't seem to think he was going to be a problem anymore.

What happens if you Kill Loredo? is it the same thing?

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Drifter posted:

I've never done it, but from what I can find it's similar to siding with Roche in that Flotsam stays part of Temeria and of course they no longer have such a scumbag leader. But Iorveth isn't exactly thrilled about the fact that you let a bunch of elves burn to death. And no elf sex in Vergen unless you like them crispy.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Drifter posted:

Flotsam gets a new mayor/governor who likes to fish.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Really you shouldn't get your hopes too high for a town that's named after the word for "wreckage floating in water."

Here's a brief overview of choices/outcomes if you're curious about the road not taken.

insider
Feb 22, 2007

Archimago posted:

If you want a Iorveth playthrough I posted mine. It has the tattoo.

Also, if it's a steam version, check that steam folder (posted earlier) as well as the one in documents.

Thanks for the offer, but I want a Roche path for W3 as I've seen no evidence Iorveth is even in it.

Basically want the save 5) Aryan Alive - Roche Path - Henselt Alive - Anais Saved that is on the forum + the tattoo (basically everyone who could be spared was including Letho, Saskia, and Sile). I just want maximum call backs possible in my W3 import. If I can't get one with the tattoo I'll live though.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I am the worst boyfriend, I always prioritize Triss lower than the other endings. And then I feel bad because what happens to mages as a whole is absolutely brutal. :ohdear:

insider posted:

Thanks for the offer, but I want a Roche path for W3 as I've seen no evidence Iorveth is even in it.

Basically want the save 5) Aryan Alive - Roche Path - Henselt Alive - Anais Saved that is on the forum + the tattoo (basically everyone who could be spared was including Letho, Saskia, and Sile). I just want maximum call backs possible in my W3 import. If I can't get one with the tattoo I'll live though.

My recent roche playthrough has Henselt and Sile dead but everyone else you mentioned alive and Anais saved. edit: oh and the tattoo, I have it.

Lord Lambeth fucked around with this message at 07:51 on May 18, 2015

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Is ROche in Witcher 3 at all? If he is is it just a quick shoutout?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Drifter posted:

There's a screenshot of him floatin' around. It's the one with the dudes in the background with graphical issues. One with melted crayon pants and the other with a missing head.

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

Drifter posted:

Theres a screenshot of him in game from one of the streams. Dont know any more details than that.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Will this use witcher 2 save imports?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

GreenBuckanneer posted:

For PC, yes. Consoles will have to simulate.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

GreenBuckanneer posted:

The PC version can. Otherwise there's apparently an option to simulate an import with a questionnaire or something like that.

insider
Feb 22, 2007

Kimmalah posted:

The PC version can. Otherwise there's apparently an option to simulate an import with a questionnaire or something like that.

Yea but from what I've read it is bacially the most major choices only that they will ask you about. If Geralt has a badass tattoo on his neck will not be a question sadly :smith:

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

insider posted:

Yea but from what I've read it is bacially the most major choices only that they will ask you about. If Geralt has a badass tattoo on his neck will not be a question sadly :smith:

Tattoos are for the truly worthy. :colbert:

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
The in game questionnaire asks about Aryan Lavalette, whether you went with Iorveth or Roche, did you save Triss or opt for Saskia/Anais, did you kill Letho, did you allow Sile to be ripped apart by her hosed up megascope.

Hopefully that's an indication what things might resurface.

insider
Feb 22, 2007

Relentlessboredomm posted:

The in game questionnaire asks about Aryan Lavalette, whether you went with Iorveth or Roche, did you save Triss or opt for Saskia/Anais, did you kill Letho, did you allow Sile to be ripped apart by her hosed up megascope.

Thank you this is extremely useful.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

insider posted:

Thank you this is extremely useful.

No prob bob. The last thread had a video linked where they went over it.

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

A Beard of Constant Sorrow
So about the save importing.

How will they go about it? Like, do I need to have Witcher 2 installed for it to work?

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind

Samurai Sanders posted:

edit: actually, when he works for a king or someone, is it because he's being paid or was he just ordered to do it?
Sort of both. In the end of Witcher 1, after so many times of denying assassin's work... "I'm a witcher, not a hit- Ten thousand." :v:

Foltest paid him handsomely, but I don't think leaving him after Witcher 1 was really an option. In the prologue of 2 he agrees to let Geralt go after the siege is done.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Odd. I would've thought that (Witcher 2 Roche path spoiler) Henselt's fate on the Roche path would be in there?

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

iGestalt posted:

Odd. I would've thought that (Witcher 2 Roche path spoiler) Henselt's fate on the Roche path would be in there?

Maybe it does, I might only be remembering things relevant to my playthrough.

Here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_INEnvuPnk

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Maybe it does, I might only be remembering things relevant to my playthrough.

Here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_INEnvuPnk

Thanks for the link - I'll check it out.

Edit: Huh, no. It doesn't come up. How odd! (Witcher 2 Spoiler, Witcher 3 assumption) Maybe Henselt is dead by Witcher 3 so it doesn't even matter? It can't be a big deal in W3 anyway

iGestalt fucked around with this message at 08:49 on May 18, 2015

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Hahaha, I was fighting some dudes and Geralt did a leaping stabbey thing with his sword off to completely the opposite direction of the soldiers and I heard this shrill cry...turns out he stabbed a cat. Killed it. Cat-sualty of war, man.

nooooo Geralt
:ohdear::catstare::ohdear:

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

iGestalt posted:

Thanks for the link - I'll check it out.

Edit: Huh, no. It doesn't come up. How odd! (Witcher 2 Spoiler, Witcher 3 assumption) Maybe Henselt is dead by Witcher 3 so it doesn't even matter? It can't be a big deal in W3 anyway

Apparently Radovid/Redania, parts of Temeria, and those islands are the focal points which allows them to sidestep the Pontar Valley/Kaedwen question quite easily. It also makes me wonder if Aryan is going to show up. I thought that was one of the least important big decisions.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Apparently Radovid/Redania, parts of Temeria, and those islands are the focal points which allows them to sidestep the Pontar Valley/Kaedwen question quite easily.

I guessed as much. I just thought it'd come up in that interrogation. Although either choice, Geralt isn't the one involved in it.

Neutral Witcher 2 path is interesting, too. It exists, but it's hidden. Witcher 2 is such a neat game.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

iGestalt posted:

Neutral Witcher 2 path is interesting, too. It exists, but it's hidden. Witcher 2 is such a neat game.

You mean the Anything -> Triss path?

As someone who's moving from PC to console, I've been having problems trying to work out what to generate for my import save. I'm definitely going Roche, saving Aryan and killing Sile, but I just can't decide what to do about Letho and the Triss/Anais choice. On the one hand, Triss is your girlfriend, on the other leaving a child locked up with a madman and going to save your girlfriend instead is a massive dick move. As for Letho, I've always thought it's pretty clear that you kill him if you save Triss, but don't if you do the other route, as he makes up for everything by saving her himself.

Eh, I'll probably just flip a coin.

Roshnak
Jul 22, 2007

insider posted:

Here, this has saves for both options for what to do with Anais and all those people alive (with tattoo): https://www.dropbox.com/s/fn575q2xnr06mmh/roche.zip?dl=0

Also, doors in The Witcher 2 are terrible, and I don't know why people keep making games with sections where you have to follow someone who runs slower than you.

Edit: Updated it to include Roche -> Triss, as well.

Roshnak fucked around with this message at 10:05 on May 18, 2015

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It's 1 am and it just occurred to me that we are playing the Witcher 3 in like 14 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

I said come in! posted:

It's 1 am and it just occurred to me that we are playing the Witcher 3 in like 14 hours.

It feels loving great, although I wish I wasn't waiting a few more hours for the physical copy.