Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
Managed to successfully take Zeeland in a Conquest, against West Francia and Italy.
Great, that'll take the Moral Authority over 50% so I can reform the faith...

Except the King of Sweden, who holds Uppsala, has turned Sunni

:ughh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Some tengri ruler took over Byzantium in my game I was talking about earlier. Now its whatever the hell Carpathia breaks into its a loving mess

Friendly Factory
Apr 19, 2007

I can't stand the wailing of women
I crash any time I use a mod for more than a couple decades in game. CK2+ and AGOT both have the same issue. I crash ~1 time per in game year after ~50 years. I don't get crashes in vanilla. I'm running all mods but Sunset Invasion. 64-bit, 8.1, i5 4590, 8GB RAM, GTX 980. Is there a memory hack to let the game use more RAM or something to prevent this?

LordGugs
Oct 16, 2012

Jaramin posted:

That was me. I've been extremely busy getting married and finishing finals, so they're on the backburner for the moment. I'm going to be picking it back up pretty soon so I can get out a public version once life settles down a bit.

Aw dude awesome. Congrats on your getting hitched and all that.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Friendly Factory posted:

I crash any time I use a mod for more than a couple decades in game. CK2+ and AGOT both have the same issue. I crash ~1 time per in game year after ~50 years. I don't get crashes in vanilla. I'm running all mods but Sunset Invasion. 64-bit, 8.1, i5 4590, 8GB RAM, GTX 980. Is there a memory hack to let the game use more RAM or something to prevent this?
Apparently it's something caused by the latest Song of Ice and Fire release? Reinstall, see if that fixes it.

Tulul posted:

That would actually be relatively accurate, as far as I'm aware. The Abbasids claimed to be Caliphs for centuries after they lost all of their secular and political power, up until the 16th century when the Ottomans kicked the poo poo out of everyone

The Caliph system should probably be more complex then it currently is, though. Needs some sort of anti-pope style system where any jerk can declare himself Caliph. Tie it into some sort of legitimacy system (size, control of holy sites, etc.) to figure out who the "real" Caliph is.
Anti-popes would be ideal, yeah. I mean, anyone that was sayyid is theoretically capable of becoming caliph and there's plenty of those around after a while.

Quite frankly, just having the Arabian Empire and Sunni Caliph title seperated after a decadence revolt seems ideal. I'd honestly almost want for some negative events for them specifically to try and crash them. Gods know if you actually try and play them it's a very sad and easy game between all the bonuses and the advantages of Open Elective.

Nakar posted:

That's what I'm thinking, yeah. There should be a possibility of a breakdown in the authority of the caliphate, which fractures the secular authority (destroys the Emperor-tier title) and gives a bunch of people traits for claimant status on the caliphate, including the former caliphs. Employ various means (force of arms, control over religious authority, winning a crucial jihad) to decide who is rightfully caliph, then allow that person to recreate the Emperor-tier title and have there be a high chance of members of the same denomination who border the caliph swearing fealty. Distant dynasties should not. Maybe a particularly decadent family that loses a decadence revolt could end up losing their claim on the caliphate as well (though it could probably be declared for in a Piety-heavy decision).

Also whenever the Sunni/Shia caliph is unestablished, the other one should be exploiting the gently caress out of it. Allow for being stable if you're not grossly enormous, like the Egyptian Shia caliphs at times.

If China were ever added you could do the same thing for the Mandate of Heaven. Everybody just up and decides one day that the Emperor is bullshit and it's off to the races once again, and nobody can claim to be in charge of the whole thing until poo poo gets sorted out.
That sounds complicated. Also you don't seem to be differentiating between the Arabian Empire title and the Sunni Caliph one. An anti-papal-like system decreasing the MA (I mean,- why wouldn't the Umms call themselves Caliphs if they wanted?) and making sure that unless the decadence revolt usurps all titles it doesn't get Caliph, should be enough.

As for China, the simplest would just be that once you gently caress up enough and have bad enough emperors anyone of duke/king or higher gets a strong claim on the empire via event but eh, it's not really something I think anyone wants after how RoI turned out. I still think it's cool though.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Nakar posted:

That's what I'm thinking, yeah. There should be a possibility of a breakdown in the authority of the caliphate, which fractures the secular authority (destroys the Emperor-tier title) and gives a bunch of people traits for claimant status on the caliphate, including the former caliphs. Employ various means (force of arms, control over religious authority, winning a crucial jihad) to decide who is rightfully caliph, then allow that person to recreate the Emperor-tier title and have there be a high chance of members of the same denomination who border the caliph swearing fealty. Distant dynasties should not. Maybe a particularly decadent family that loses a decadence revolt could end up losing their claim on the caliphate as well (though it could probably be declared for in a Piety-heavy decision).

Also whenever the Sunni/Shia caliph is unestablished, the other one should be exploiting the gently caress out of it. Allow for being stable if you're not grossly enormous, like the Egyptian Shia caliphs at times.

If China were ever added you could do the same thing for the Mandate of Heaven. Everybody just up and decides one day that the Emperor is bullshit and it's off to the races once again, and nobody can claim to be in charge of the whole thing until poo poo gets sorted out.

I've thought about this in the past and I think it would be a good way to both make Muslims more interesting to play, as well as help to break up the ultra-stability of the Muslim blobs compared to the Catholic realms.

The idea I had was that basically, at any point an independent Muslim ruler can declare themselves a Caliph (probably for some heavy piety cost, which would be reduced by personally controlling holy sites and having traits like Sayyid or Mirza, or a huge reduction if you already have a claim on the Caliphate title). This would work similar to antipopes in that it causes a signifcant hit to the moral authority of the religion and gives non-followers of the anti-Caliph a CB against them, while also giving said anti-Caliph a strong claim on the "true" Caliphate title.

The key difference would be that since Caliph is as much a political position as it is a religious one, there would be less of a distinction between the "true" Caliph and "anti" Caliphs than between Popes and anti-popes. Declaring yourself Caliph basically says "I am the king of all Muslims". Whether people actually recognize that claim depends entirely on your ability to MAKE them recognize it - either through force with the Caliphal subjugation CB, or just by making them like you enough to respect you as a ruler. To that end, instead of just people in your realm following you as an anti-Caliph, ANY independent Muslim ruler would be able to pick any self-declared Caliph as their own personal religious head, and treat all other Caliphs as anti-Caliphs with the associated "depose" CB and probably a relations penalty. Thus two equally strong caliphates of the same branch of Islam (say, the Umayyads and the Abbasids in the Charlemange start) could potentially divide their faith between them.

Also I agree that the title should be capable of being lost entirely due to a decadence revolt or some other circumstance that reflects a total loss in trust in the current Caliphate, and that while a branch is lacking a Caliph entirely, they should have some significant MA penalty, making alternate branches more likely to grow and win converts (actually, it would make a lot of sense that if Sunni MA is low and Shia MA is high, or vice-versa, rather than provinces always turning heretical, they should also have the possibility of swapping to another primary branch of Islam).

The main issue with the design of the Caliphate right now is that it doesn't really reflect the reality of the title as it was treated in real history - where it was lost and reclaimed several times as different dynasties rose and fell from power. The way it works now is it basically becomes permanently associated with a particular empire and ONLY changes hands in the event of a decadence revolt succeeding. There it never the possibility of another dynasty taking the title without completely wiping the current holder of the title off the map. This is just not how it worked at all - The Umayyads were kicked out of Asia and east Africa when they lost the Caliphate but still had a very strong presence in Spain/Portugal and western Africa, and later on actually made a rival Caliphate to the Abbasids.

The Cheshire Cat fucked around with this message at 07:15 on May 17, 2015

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

What's a good starter area for someone who hasnt played since the old gods?

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

queeb posted:

What's a good starter area for someone who hasnt played since the old gods?

Ireland is still probably the best spot to get acquainted/reacquainted with the game. If you use the Charlemagne start (and maybe later ones now, I'm not sure) you'll start out as tribal, so you can explore some of those mechanics before transitioning into feudalism or becoming a merchant republic.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

The Cheshire Cat posted:

The main issue with the design of the Caliphate right now is that it doesn't really reflect the reality of the title as it was treated in real history - where it was lost and reclaimed several times as different dynasties rose and fell from power. The way it works now is it basically becomes permanently associated with a particular empire and ONLY changes hands in the event of a decadence revolt succeeding. There it never the possibility of another dynasty taking the title without completely wiping the current holder of the title off the map. This is just not how it worked at all - The Umayyads were kicked out of Asia and east Africa when they lost the Caliphate but still had a very strong presence in Spain/Portugal and western Africa, and later on actually made a rival Caliphate to the Abbasids.
One thing I wonder is, should it require Sayyid or Mirza? It's a secular title but also religious, and e.g. the Shia caliphs claimed secular authority belonged to the line of Ali as the proper first Caliph and their claims arose from certain lines of descent. So to say "I'm the Caliph" isn't quite enough without a blood claim to the historical origins of Islam. On the other hand, the Ottoman claim was kinda bullshit, and they made it stick by kicking everyone's asses, so maybe not.

Perhaps prohibit Muslims outright from owning an Emperor-level title that isn't a caliphate? That would make it more fragile, as losing the caliphate to decadence or a rival claimant means losing the ability to vassalize kings. Perhaps going with your personal head of religion notion, you can only sustain a top-tier title when you have people who actually vow loyalty to you as caliph.

Possible exceptions would be owning BYZ or HRE if they become Muslim, to allow an Ottoman style "our empire is more than just Islamic" thing. Basically allow no creation of empire titles, since de jure Arabia really seems intended as a Crusader kingdom. Muslims would recognize geographic and cultural distinction between Arabia and Egypt and Africa, but I don't think a guy would distinguish being the ruler of Arabia and Caliph. Being caliph means, by definition, that he believes he rules all Muslims everywhere.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Nakar posted:

One thing I wonder is, should it require Sayyid or Mirza? It's a secular title but also religious, and e.g. the Shia caliphs claimed secular authority belonged to the line of Ali as the proper first Caliph and their claims arose from certain lines of descent. So to say "I'm the Caliph" isn't quite enough without a blood claim to the historical origins of Islam. On the other hand, the Ottoman claim was kinda bullshit, and they made it stick by kicking everyone's asses, so maybe not.

This is why I feel like it should have a piety cost that scales based on factors that would make your claim seem more valid in the eyes of other Muslims - If you're the holiest Muslim in the world (say like, a base cost of 2000 piety), then people aren't going to really care about much else because you've proven your worthiness through action. A lot of the time with this kind of thing an obscure line of descent would be "discovered" to legitimize a seemingly dubious claim, and nobody would question it because they actually like the guy, or at least they're too afraid of him to dispute it.

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
Hindu Ilkhanate update:

Note that Zikri has supplanted Sunni, and that block of Catholic Africa is all ruled by an Aragonian King in exile. Islam has not fared well in this timeline.

I gotta say, when I posted that screenshot of the newly converted 2 year old Hindu Khagan a few days ago, I was thinking "there's no way this kid will last." Turns out he's done pretty well so far.

The "Egypt" in that screenshot is ruled by a Hindu Egyptian Fatimid adventurer who won the Sultan of Egypt title, and now holds court down in Abyssiania.

This has all worked out pretty well for me, especially since the Golden Horde just declared war on the Ilkhanate over a single county. Both Khagans have about 93,000 troops total, with the Ilkhanate having 35,000 event spawned left, and the Golden Horde 85,000. I'm hoping they blow all the rest of their event spawns fighting each other.

I also have a question, do merchant republics get some kind of event that gives them trade posts really far away? Cause I'm wondering how both Ancona and The Hansa have managed to get multiple trade posts all the way around the continent.

Friendly Factory
Apr 19, 2007

I can't stand the wailing of women

Deceitful Penguin posted:

Apparently it's something caused by the latest Song of Ice and Fire release? Reinstall, see if that fixes it.

As in, reinstall AGOT or CK2? Cause if it's the former, I'm not sure why that would bone up CK2+. Either way, I guess I'll just reinstall both and see what happens.

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
Oh and check out my Marshall

That's a possessed gay genius, who's a born in the purple unacknowledged bastard (how is that even possible?) He also has the "voice of satan" thing, and I'm pretty sure this guy started the devil spawn event chain when he was first born, but I haven't heard anything about that in a while and it seems kind of at odds with being Jesus' favored military commander...

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

super fart shooter posted:

Oh and check out my Marshall

That's a possessed gay genius, who's a born in the purple unacknowledged bastard (how is that even possible?) He also has the "voice of satan" thing, and I'm pretty sure this guy started the devil spawn event chain when he was first born, but I haven't heard anything about that in a while and it seems kind of at odds with being Jesus' favored military commander...

:ssh: it's not actually Jesus giving him advice

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
B..but...Jesus wouldn't lie like that? would he??

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Excelzior posted:

:ssh: it's not actually Jesus giving him advice
Yeah well whoever it is, it's pretty good advice.

TheBlackRoija
May 6, 2008

super fart shooter posted:

I also have a question, do merchant republics get some kind of event that gives them trade posts really far away? Cause I'm wondering how both Ancona and The Hansa have managed to get multiple trade posts all the way around the continent.

Pretty sure they can build them anywhere, they just cost more.
They broke pretty badly a few patches ago and would just start building them on the moon from the get go, so they updated the AI to prefer to build them closer but it doesn't always stop stuff like that from happening

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

TheBlackRoija posted:

Pretty sure they can build them anywhere, they just cost more.
They broke pretty badly a few patches ago and would just start building them on the moon from the get go, so they updated the AI to prefer to build them closer but it doesn't always stop stuff like that from happening

"Hm, I wonder why I can build all the trade posts in the sea zone Hamburg borders? Oh, right, it's because my rival families are too busy building around Constantinople, Novgorod, Granada and Bergen."

That was some funny-rear end poo poo, though it always made browsing the trade map a nightmare. It was like border gore, except you couldn't do anything about it.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

The Mongols are tough motherfuckers. I have like twice as many troops as them and was careful to only attack much smaller armies using good commanders and in favorable conditions but they're still wrecking my poo poo. I think I might have to give up and then try to win them over with conversion and poo poo.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Friendly Factory posted:

As in, reinstall AGOT or CK2? Cause if it's the former, I'm not sure why that would bone up CK2+. Either way, I guess I'll just reinstall both and see what happens.
CK2, as the error is apparently brought on by the SoIF installation.

Shnooks
Mar 24, 2007

I'M BEING BORN D:
What's a good duchy to try on the Charlemange start? I keep playing Poland & Eastern Europe but I'm getting bored of that part of the world.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

FreudianSlippers posted:

The Mongols are tough motherfuckers. I have like twice as many troops as them and was careful to only attack much smaller armies using good commanders and in favorable conditions but they're still wrecking my poo poo. I think I might have to give up and then try to win them over with conversion and poo poo.

You and the rest of the 13th century rulers IRL.

TheBlackRoija
May 6, 2008
So it was like a hundred pages ago by now, but I was talking about sailing some viking ships to Rome and taking it first thing in the 867 start.
Just to make sure I wasn't completely talking out of my rear end I decided to get a game going like that in the current patch, ironman so no shenanigans.

It took a few tries to get going but I'm sitting pretty comfortable now.

Pretty borders

3rd in Realm size and 5th in army

Phase 2 of my plan is well under way

I have 2 princesses already

Like any Haesteinn game early revolts can screw you over big time, so there is a fair amount of luck involved.
Also had to hope that both Italy and Byzantines were busy doing other things, had one game were I did fight off a holy war by the Karling clusterfuck just to get one by the Byzantines straight after.
Though as long as nothing goes wrong before you can start your invasion it is easy sailing.

Had another good game going were I took Portugal and Andalusia with my Invasion but got annoyed at Gavelkind constantly trying to give away Rome.

The pope is still unlanded so Crusades haven't been a problem, the holy orders however are a bit of a thorn. Its pretty easy to check a target's piety before declaring war but it does make it a little tougher to expand into christian lands, though easier than it used to be when they popped up immediately, the real problem is vassals don't understand and keep losing conquests left and right tanking MA. Conversion is pretty much nonexistent so I am constantly swatting rebels.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Is the tutorial still completely useless or did they update it at some point?

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

TheBlackRoija posted:

So it was like a hundred pages ago by now, but I was talking about sailing some viking ships to Rome and taking it first thing in the 867 start.
Just to make sure I wasn't completely talking out of my rear end I decided to get a game going like that in the current patch, ironman so no shenanigans.

It took a few tries to get going but I'm sitting pretty comfortable now.

Pretty borders

3rd in Realm size and 5th in army

Phase 2 of my plan is well under way

I have 2 princesses already

Like any Haesteinn game early revolts can screw you over big time, so there is a fair amount of luck involved.
Also had to hope that both Italy and Byzantines were busy doing other things, had one game were I did fight off a holy war by the Karling clusterfuck just to get one by the Byzantines straight after.
Though as long as nothing goes wrong before you can start your invasion it is easy sailing.

Had another good game going were I took Portugal and Andalusia with my Invasion but got annoyed at Gavelkind constantly trying to give away Rome.

The pope is still unlanded so Crusades haven't been a problem, the holy orders however are a bit of a thorn. Its pretty easy to check a target's piety before declaring war but it does make it a little tougher to expand into christian lands, though easier than it used to be when they popped up immediately, the real problem is vassals don't understand and keep losing conquests left and right tanking MA. Conversion is pretty much nonexistent so I am constantly swatting rebels.

The Crusades are basically going to be focused entirely on you, right? Also, what mod gives that coat of arms for the Byzantines?

TheBlackRoija
May 6, 2008
If the pope gets some land yeah probably, if I can get the empire first I'll probably be fine.
Only mod I'm running is a localization mod that changes Germanic back to Norse, I think they just updated the coat of arms recently?

Jaramin
Oct 20, 2010

ShootaBoy posted:

Is the tutorial still completely useless or did they update it at some point?

It's adequate at best. It totally breaks itself if you do absolutely anything that ventures even slightly off the railroading it gives you.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Jaramin posted:

It's adequate at best. It totally breaks itself if you do absolutely anything that ventures even slightly off the railroading it gives you.

So it's functional enough to give a newbie the ropes?
I've got a friend that wants to play After the End, and normally I'd recommend one of the tutorial LP's from here, but he's gonna be traveling for the next month, so internet is an issue.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

TheBlackRoija posted:

Only mod I'm running is a localization mod that changes Germanic back to Norse, I think they just updated the coat of arms recently?

Last I saw, the Byzantines still use the Palaiologos dynastic crest. The crest in those screenshots would be a better replacement if it weren't for that gaudy shade of pink.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

Last I saw, the Byzantines still use the Palaiologos dynastic crest. The crest in those screenshots would be a better replacement if it weren't for that gaudy shade of pink.
How can one man be so wrong???
:v:

The worst thing about the crest designer/customizer is how there's only one hue of purple and none of pink. If I hadn't gotten that thing in a package deal I woulda felt cheated.

TheBlackRoija posted:

If the pope gets some land yeah probably, if I can get the empire first I'll probably be fine.
Yea, it's pretty lazy calling it 'Germanic', then, ya know, not actually changing god names or differentiating it in any way.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The localization code for "proper" Germanic gods would be hilarious.

Priase Odin/Wodin/Woden/Wodanz/Wuotan/Ošinn/Mercury!

Jaramin
Oct 20, 2010

ShootaBoy posted:

So it's functional enough to give a newbie the ropes?
I've got a friend that wants to play After the End, and normally I'd recommend one of the tutorial LP's from here, but he's gonna be traveling for the next month, so internet is an issue.

I'd tell him to read the Tutorial's prompts very closely, as it unfortunately doesn't give you the option to go off and do whatever you want like a normal game would. For example, a friend of mine during the "learn how to get claims and go to war" part of the tutorial accidentally sent his chancellor to Madrid instead of the Canaries, and got a claim there instead. The tutorial expects you to go to war for the Canaries ONLY, and wont fire any more tutorial events unless you do, so my friend ended up getting stuck there until I explained what he was "supposed" to have done much later.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

The localization code for "proper" Germanic gods would be hilarious.

Priase Odin/Wodin/Woden/Wodanz/Wuotan/Ošinn/Mercury!

Actually it would be "Praise [Root.Religion.GetRandomGodName]!"

Just define all the gods in the other parts of the localization file like GOD_ODIN, GOD_WODIN, GOD_WODEN, etc.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Spreading 'Germanic' across the map isn't quite as :black101: as spreading 'Norse.'

Edison was a dick
Apr 3, 2010

direct current :roboluv: only

TheMcD posted:

"Hm, I wonder why I can build all the trade posts in the sea zone Hamburg borders? Oh, right, it's because my rival families are too busy building around Constantinople, Novgorod, Granada and Bergen."

That was some funny-rear end poo poo, though it always made browsing the trade map a nightmare. It was like border gore, except you couldn't do anything about it.

Like most of CK2's problems, this can be solved with stabbings.
Just stab all the patrician families until they die out and their trade posts get re-distributed.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
I've never been able to get a decent Jewish game off the ground. Both of those starts are brutal, and I never manage to survive even the first 50 years before getting pounded into the dirt.

Nor have I done a decent Muslim game, but that's because I hadn't tried it. Until yesterday. Viking Age start, Hashamids (guys who control Mecca), invaded Abyssinia and conquered it pretty quickly, at which point I picked up a Jewish courtier. 150 years down the track I control all of Abyssinia and Nubia, and a solid half of Arabia but I've hit a boring wall: the Abbasids. They still outnumber me, and the only way I'll ever win wars against them is attacks of opportunity while they're down, taking one county at a time. It was poo poo. I started to get bored, despite making tons of money and having a ridiculous number of soldiers. I just couldn't do anything.

Then something amazing happened. The grandson of that Jewish courtier, who had remained Jewish, came to the sultan and begged him to convert. The sultan agreed. He was ridiculously popular with his vassals, so converting them in turn was easy. Within a single year, the entire Hashimid Sultanate was Jewish. It is 962AD. The Abbasids have just declared a jihad on the HRE for Aragon, and their troops are all beelining towards Spain. They have 30K total, but that'll go down soon enough with all of Europe pouring in on their rear end. The Hashimids have 20K soldiers, +35 gold a month, and their eyes set on Jerusalem.

:getin:

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Are we ever going to get a new thread?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Mr.Morgenstern posted:

Are we ever going to get a new thread?

Only after we hit 1453, mods are aching for that achievement.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Eric the Mauve posted:

So basically the lesson is the Byzantines are invincible unless they get swallowed up by the even more invincible Abassids. Awesome.

Or join them, Sunni Byzantium was a hilarious powerhouse in the Crusade for Greece, then the Arabian Empire (Who were no longer the Abbasids, they had some scattered holdings within the empire, but the Abbasid title belonged to a duchy in Spain next to the Umayyads) joined.

In my games, the Abbasids losing their poo poo and at least changing ruling dynasties has honestly been more common than the rock-solid megablob everyone else describes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iceblocks
Jan 5, 2013
Taco Defender
Does anyone else have the problem of the Custom Dynasty Crest changing whenever you reload? As in, I would change it into something I liked better, then I would reload and it would be some randomized mess.

It isn't a gamebreaking issue, just annoying, but has anyone else run into this?

• Locked thread