Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max
Nov 30, 2002

Accordion Man posted:

I wouldn't mind if living Kate wasn't totally active but there should definitely be a huge tonal difference if she dies and she better play a major role at the end if she lives. I think they can do it though, I mean if Alpha Protocol can do similar things with presumably less dev time and possibly budget, they don't really have an excuse.

That was the one thing that bothered me about the little montage of people at the end of episode two. Max's text to Chloe seems kinda upbeat, given that Kate had just died in my playthrough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

My PS4's just started downloading a big update. Stealth episode drop?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

CottonWolf posted:

My PS4's just started downloading a big update. Stealth episode drop?

No there's a patch to fix stuff in the past two episodes.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Ah well, can't be long now, either way.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I believe next episode is out next week, unless there was a delay.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

precision posted:

I believe next episode is out next week, unless there was a delay.

Nothing's official yet except that it'll be out this month.

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised by a trailer tomorrow as the release did already slip from the six week plan.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Episode 2 was released March 24th after being announced March 14th so if we're going to see a May 22nd release date, I'm guessing we'd see the announcement today or tomorrow. I think at this point May 29th is more realistic.

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

They just announced the release date as May 19th!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

D_W posted:

They just announced the release date as May 19th!

On my day off too! :dance:

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008
:dukedog:
Dammit I'll be playing witcher 3 then. I'll take a break and do this episode that night.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

GoldenNugget posted:

Dammit I'll be playing witcher 3 then. I'll take a break and do this episode that night.

You schedule your video gaming weeks ahead of time?

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008
:dukedog:

Paul Zuvella posted:

You schedule your video gaming weeks ahead of time?

Witcher 3 releases the 18th in the evening and I have it preloaded.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue9b6hkp48Y

Episode 3 Trailer is out.

Why the hell is Max dressed like Rachel? I'm sure that's going to make the Max is Rachel theorists go crazy.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

Hype train accelerating to full steam.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

I'm hella ready to be stuck in the retro zone. Happy face.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Having the episode be released on May 19th makes me want a Kane cameo.

Seriously, though, it looks like poo poo's going to start to get revealed, and I'm hella excited!

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

PunkBoy posted:

Having the episode be released on May 19th makes me want a Kane cameo.

Seriously, though, it looks like poo poo's going to start to get revealed, and I'm hella excited!

A lot of things happen May 19th I find and that storyline has ruined my brain and makes me giggle a bit every year.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Rosalind posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue9b6hkp48Y

Episode 3 Trailer is out.

Why the hell is Max dressed like Rachel? I'm sure that's going to make the Max is Rachel theorists go crazy.

Oh man, maybe something will actually happen this episode.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Paul Zuvella posted:

We will learn an important lesson about bullying and drugs.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

Paul Zuvella posted:

Because nothing major happened at the end of the last episode. Nope, nothing at all.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Rosalind posted:

Because nothing major happened at the end of the last episode. Nope, nothing at all.

Oh cool, a thing happened that was super obviously going to happen the exact second the character was introduced in Episode 1.

Also it was like 15 minutes out of a an hour and a half long episode.

I will say again, maybe something will actually happen this episode.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

this is the only good game

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

Rosalind posted:

I'm hella ready to be stuck in the retro zone. Happy face.
NO EMOJI

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

:(

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
Eagerly awaiting the puzzle where you have to save Chloe from blowing her face off.

Dr. Killjoy fucked around with this message at 23:25 on May 18, 2015

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

I let the plant die. :smith:

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

Genetic Toaster posted:

I let the plant die. :smith:

You monster.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

Pricefield confirmed?!

edit:

Max is totally not Rachel you guys despite this happening like 3 times.

Rosalind fucked around with this message at 04:33 on May 19, 2015

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Rosalind posted:

Pricefield confirmed?!

Kinda sorta. Chloe dares you to kiss her. It's up to the player whether or not to.

Just finished the episode. That loving ending. :stare:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Genetic Toaster posted:

Kinda sorta. Chloe dares you to kiss her. It's up to the player whether or not to.

literally the teen drama version of The Butterfly Effect

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Ha ha, hooollllyyyy poo poo. That ending!

I guess we dont need to worry about Kate anymore...or any of the other choices we made! NEW TIMELINE WOOSH! I'm really curious where they can go with this now.

Up until that ending though, it was a pretty bland episode. I get the feeling it was mostly so they could easily vary up the Did Kate die or not, dialogue which was referenced quite a bit.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Rosalind posted:

Max is totally not Rachel you guys despite this happening like 3 times.

(Spoilerriffic image that wouldn't spoiler cover in a quote)

Hmm...

So Rachel realized how she'd ruin everyone's lives with her time travel powers so she traveled back in time to change who she was except everyone still remembers her?

Edit: oh wait. I figured it out.

You're totally right,

Rachel is just an older version or alternate version of Max that puts herself earlier in the timeline to prevent the wheelchair/apocalypse and then removes herself from the timeline before she can meet herself...or something. Doesn't explain why Max doesn't recognize herself in pictures, but she hasn't gone through her rebellious hair dying phase yet :v:

Seems odd but curiously on the right path...I wonder how they'll explain it.

Snuffman fucked around with this message at 06:01 on May 19, 2015

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?

Gonna hella nosh on some epic selfies, ho.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
Randomly opened Steam and noticed the new episode downloading.

:negative:

Goddamnit, I miss being able to stay up all night to play video games.

woodenchicken
Aug 19, 2007

Nap Ghost
Why am I so hype for this.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

woodenchicken posted:

Why am I so hype for this.
Because it is legit real good and this episode is cementing the game closer into classic tier. Hopefully they keep it up.

The game definitely made itself feel more like Alpha Protocol by it responding to what you did compared to Telltale's new games where the game barely responds to anything you do. Even if they don't matter now they did it in the best way possible..

Also they already spoiled the game's ending in the boy's locker room. Max is totally going back in time to the 80's to fight Jacket, the true mastermind.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 11:30 on May 19, 2015

abardam
Mar 1, 2015
I'd been playing a lot of Invisible, Inc., so of course I took the money. It figures that we'd have to evade guards right after, too.

overall I enjoyed the episode :) there was some light puzzling, which I liked, and the dialogue seemed better somehow? Genuinely funny, as opposed to awkward-funny. Looking forward to the next.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I've got a theory with regards to the ending of Episode 3. It's been shown that Max keeps all items she has during time shifts, right? So, I think we're going to undo the timeline shift by using one of the photos from the original timeline. I doubt we're going to proceed the rest of the game with this new timeline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

Genetic Toaster posted:

Yeah, but it's a pretty common LGB coming of age trope that stuff like "HA HA WOULDN'T IT BE SO GAY IF WE KISS DUDE? I DARE YOU TO KISS ME! OMG YOU DID YOU'RE SO GAY I AM TOTALLY NOT THOUGH DUDE. SUPER HETERO." happens. Chloe gets so upset about Rachel being in a relationship with Frank.

Snuffman posted:

Rachel is just an older version or alternate version of Max that puts herself earlier in the timeline to prevent the wheelchair/apocalypse and then removes herself from the timeline before she can meet herself...or something. Doesn't explain why Max doesn't recognize herself in pictures, but she hasn't gone through her rebellious hair dying phase yet :v:

Seems odd but curiously on the right path...I wonder how they'll explain it.

Max seems to acquire a new power at the end of each episode. I wonder if one of those powers is somehow going to let her become Rachel or take on an alternate version of herself where she is Rachel? Seriously, every single person commenting WOW YOU'RE JUST LIKE RACHEL all the time to me is some pretty blunt foreshadowing that Max is Rachel somehow.

Also on an unrelated note, Chloe ending up in a wheelchair is heavily foreshadowed throughout the story. For instance, her truck is first parked in the handicapped spot at Blackwell. Then she wants to steal from the handicapped fund.

• Locked thread