Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DaveCG
Nov 5, 2009

Please get localised, please get localised, pleas-Aw gently caress, it's probably not isn't it?

I wish we hadn't got that insider into trouble and scared him away all that time ago, he useful and cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
The only warriors games not localized are ones on nintendo consoles.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Belzac posted:

Samurai Warriors 3 was Wii-exclusive in the US, as we never got 3Z.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I assume he means stuff from this decade.

DaveCG
Nov 5, 2009
Though if the rating board in Australia is anything to go by we're getting chronicles 3, which'll be nice, I enjoyed the first one, shame we didn't get the second.

Anyone heard of we're getting Samurai 4-II at all?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Chronicles 2 wasn't really a sequel it was a G style base game + more stuff deal.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Not technically Musou but it bears mention here: https://twitter.com/koeitecmoeurope/status/600280963625701376

Also for what it's worth DW8E does indeed have cross-play between PS3/4. So that's nifty.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Holy poo poo, yes! It's been so long since Nobunaga's Ambition got an overseas release! I'm giving KT all my loving money these days.

edit: Press release is out. September 1st for North America, 4th for Europe. The PS4 version gets a retail release, PC and PS3 are digital-exclusive. Check out the features and see more English screenshots in the link.

Policenaut fucked around with this message at 14:06 on May 18, 2015

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I guess KT must be doing pretty well off their niche game thing.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Oh nice, they're doing both English and Japanese audio for it. I can't remember the last time a new game from KT that wasn't a main Dynasty Warriors got that.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

is it a good entry in the series?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Policenaut posted:

Oh nice, they're doing both English and Japanese audio for it. I can't remember the last time a new game from KT that wasn't a main Dynasty Warriors got that.

It also has the PUK content already: https://twitter.com/koeitecmoeurope/status/600296414808244224

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I am nearing the end of Orochi 3 story mode and have started eying up the DLC.

Are the DLC levels for Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate worth it? Does it add actual new stages, or just new battles on existing stages? Can you use the DLC stages in the level editor?

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Policenaut posted:

Holy poo poo, yes! It's been so long since Nobunaga's Ambition got an overseas release! I'm giving KT all my loving money these days.

edit: Press release is out. September 1st for North America, 4th for Europe. The PS4 version gets a retail release, PC and PS3 are digital-exclusive. Check out the features and see more English screenshots in the link.

Now, if only they'd give me another RoTK game on PC I could die happy.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Preferably one that isn't lacking in the RPG/Crusader Kingish aspects :colbert:

(What's the latest with that, 9 or 10 for PS2?)

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

RoTK 10 for PC/PS2 was the last Officer-based game in the series.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I played the Nobunaga's Ambition PS2 games after asking about them in this thread a while back and I really enjoyed them, thought I wasn't really that great. How has the series changed since the PS2 era games? I can definitely see myself picking the game up for the PS4 or PC, if the port is any good.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Rutibex posted:

Are the DLC levels for Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate worth it? Does it add actual new stages, or just new battles on existing stages? Can you use the DLC stages in the level editor?

They use existing levels but they are pretty fun in my opinion. I don't remember what the price for all the stage DLC is but you get a lot of stages, I want to say around the same amount as there are regular story levels.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
Where's my vita version? :(

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Apparently they added Yasuke back in this one which is great because a black slave becoming a samurai is insanely my poo poo. On that note please add Yasuke to SW, omega force.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Belzac posted:

in the trash with the rest of the garbage :unsmigghh:

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Rutibex posted:

They use existing stages but they're generally very good. Keiji's Theme and Speed is of the Essence are two of the best DLC stages I've ever played.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Belzac posted:

I really wouldn't want to play a big RTS thing on a handheld. KT's probably got bigger fish to fry with Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3 and Deception 4 AP coming soon.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

So learning that they were making an Arslan Warriors game got me curious enough to read the manga, and having done so I can safely say that it would probably work very well and I am looking forward to it.

It'll be interesting if they have some character specific "defy history!" alternate chapters where some of the guys who die early on in the story get a chance to stay alive.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Maleketh posted:

They use existing stages but they're generally very good. Keiji's Theme and Speed is of the Essence are two of the best DLC stages I've ever played.

I like that they have multiple "Where is Zhang Fei's Wine" levels.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
The amount of levels and scenarios where Zhang Fei gets drunk and ruins everything in recent games is pretty great.

Edit: My favorite is when he decides to call all shield users pussies so his daughter, Muneshige, and loving Achilles roll up and beat his rear end.

The GIG fucked around with this message at 18:59 on May 18, 2015

Time Serpent
Dec 22, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Excellent news. Has a PUK ever been released in the west? Either way, they need to release ROTKX or VIII with the PUK on Steam pronto.

DaveCG
Nov 5, 2009

Chevalier Cat posted:

Excellent news. Has a PUK ever been released in the west? Either way, they need to release ROTKX or VIII with the PUK on Steam pronto.

Pretty sure none of the PUK's have come west, there was a fan translation of 10's PUK at one point, not sure how far that got, somewhere over on kongming I think.

Needless to say this is some fantastic news, I loved the two NA games on PS2 that we got, preferred the old PC/SNES ones though, game still looks totally boss though.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Belzac posted:

Samurai Warriors 3: Empires :colbert:

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Is Bladestorm: Nightmare still planned to release on Steam this month?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Surprise! Romance of the Three Kingdoms 13 exists!

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
Ya'll keep saying SW3 spin-offs when you know SW3 came out on Wii.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
I'm probably a bit late to the party regarding this, but I'm halfway through watching the Three Kingdoms 2010 Chinese drama. All the compliments for Chen Jianbin as Cao Cao are pretty well-deserved, but I was surprised at how Yu Hewei as Liu Bei has a real nice range of emotional portrayal and makes his character quite spot-on most of the time. He doesn't make much of an impression for himself early on but then he gets to yell and stuff and that owned.

The setting design is also nice and often fit the slightly more down-to-earth, hand-powered, kill everything manually feeling to the setting. I'm talking about all the great amounts of amateur primitive drum-beating and challenging armies with synchronized grunting. There are a lot of moments where it's quite apparent the characters' ideas of common decency are very alien compared to modern civilization, and that seems to add a veneer of authenticity to the screenplay. Some of the fights are a bit excessively outrageous to fit in with that setting, like Zhao Yun's :black101: wuxia escape with the baby on him.

I could understand when parts of the epic needed to be glossed over for the sake of focus and brevity. I would have loved to see little skits of things like Xiahou Dun losing his eye in this 2010 version, though!

Sidesaddle Cavalry fucked around with this message at 06:59 on May 19, 2015

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Well, I'll be damned. Guess I know what I'll be getting as soon as it's released!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

First screenshots and gameplay info from the official website.

The Google Translate on Human Drama has me hopeful it's an officer-based game but I have my doubts.

The Timely Howard
Dec 26, 2008

ASK ME WHAT MAKES ME THINK I'M SO FUNKY

Policenaut posted:

First screenshots and gameplay info from the official website.

The Google Translate on Human Drama has me hopeful it's an officer-based game but I have my doubts.

It does say "全武将プレイ" (all generals playable). I'd say things are looking good, especially for those of us that insist that the series peaked with VII and VIII (holler).

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Translated English details for RoTK 13 are out and it definitely sounds like an Officer game. You can read 4Gamer's article on Koei Tecmo's 30th anniversary event here, where it apparently mentions they've started on a new Dynasty Warriors game. Hachima's telling me it's a "new expansion" so KT might be trying something different with the series? Maybe we'll get a Chronicle game.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

a puppet with the special edition? that's cool, i think

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Gundam Reborn Complete DLC Bundle is currently $9 on PSN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vice Zoomler Aestro
Apr 4, 2003
pray the rosary dawgs

quote:

In addition to the field battles featured in previous entries, Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIII adds aquatic warfare and sieges. Stratagems like fire plans have also been added.

The first RotK game I played was RotK IV on the PS1. Pretty sure it had boats, sieges, and fire.