Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

That's hilarious if it's a satellite camp troll and interesting if maybe there's a game in the works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Auburn is releasing transferred players to any school in the Big 10....except Michigan lol

hopefully this inspires a few more satellite camps

hahaha, good ole gus is bitter as gently caress

One was likely to come here too.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
i got 27 used bikes and leather jackets for sale in waco if anyone wants them

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

anne frank fanfic posted:

lmbo

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Nice. I've needed a jacket with some vents.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
Baylor plays AT TCU otherwise that's one you set a calendar reminder for thread title purposes.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Raku posted:

Florida is so glad they're not in the ACC right now

Overseas for Florida would be going past the panhandle.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Baylor B*tch 1% MC off to a good start

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

someone shop the baylor bear gif to him in a gunfight on a chopper

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Fluffdaddy posted:

Overseas for Florida would be leaving Gainesville.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

wheez the roux posted:

someone shop the baylor bear gif to him in a gunfight on a chopper

the baylor bitch bear gif for 2016's (national championship team) season should just be the bear with dead bodies of mascots in leather jackets and bikes as they add each win to the pile (especially the WVu and TCu win baylor bitch 2016 national champs)

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Scarf posted:

N: The ACC has expressed interest in playing overseas games.

V: As the only conference academically capable of doing so, get ready for the first ever CFB game to be played entirely in the metric system, in like, France or Canada or something...

http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/82048/acc-has-interest-in-overseas-games

Watch Wake Forest start a loving war

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
In this theoretical Baylor National Championship scenario did Michigan State have a terrible plane crash or were they kicked out of the NCAA for owning too hard

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Also I actually really like Baylor so it's doubly funny that I snipe at them whenever possible

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

Detroit_Dogg posted:

In this theoretical Baylor National Championship scenario did Michigan State have a terrible plane crash or were they kicked out of the NCAA for owning too hard

they were disbarred from the NCAA legal association for continuing to play after the refs called the game after Fat Man Touchdown

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

the baylor bitch bear gif for 2016's (national championship team) season should just be the bear with dead bodies of mascots in leather jackets and bikes as they add each win to the pile (especially the WVu and TCu win baylor bitch 2016 national champs)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO_QntXc-c4

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZnELH29344

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

We did ok in Athens in 1995.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2015/5/18/8621193/connor-halliday-is-done-and-thats-a-happy-ending

A tribute to the life and times of Connor Halliday, tragic hero.

quote:

Ole Miss had just upended LSU in Oxford in 2013 and it was a Pac-12 kind of late and we were watching the Pac-12 late game: Washington State at Oregon, a game kicking off at 10:00 p.m. Eastern time that would not end until something like 1:42 in the morning.

Washington State was losing. This was and is normal. Ryan Leaf and a snow witch in the Cascades made a blood covenant in 1996 to make a few things happen. His payoff was getting drafted and enjoying good football and the payback was everything else that happened to him and Washington State since. In 2003, the Cougars won ten games and lost three. From that point forward to the horrifying present, Washington State would not have a winning season.

They would not win on this night either. We were bleary from booze and fatigue and five hours of Ole Miss fans feeding bourbon into their veins from hidden tie flasks. Any other night on any other day would have meant sensibly turning the television off and going to bed. But Connor Halliday was throwing, and throwing, and continuing to throw, even with an insurmountable Oregon lead. He threw, and threw, and kept on throwing for reasons unclear to God, man, and Oregon defensive coordinator Nick Aliotti.

"That’s total (B.S.) that he threw the ball at the end of the game like he did,’’ Aliotti said. "And you can print that and you can send it to him, and he can comment, too. I think it’s low class and it’s (B.S.) to throw the ball when the game is completely over against our kids that are basically our scout team.’’

By the time the game finally ended, Halliday held the record for most pass attempts in a game (89), a game he and his team lost. He also set the record for most passes completed (58) in the same game, which yeah: he and his team lost. Halliday also holds the record for most passing yards in a game, a total of 734 yards against Cal in a game the Cougs lost when their kicker missed a glorified extra point of a field goal attempt to lose 60-59. Connor Halliday also set the record for total yards by a single player in that game, covering 751 yards when you threw his 17 rushing yards on top of his passing stats in the game. (That he and his team lost.)

Hearing that, you may not be surprised to hear that Connor Halliday never played on a winning team in college. After sifting through his collection of three-star level scholarship offers, he committed to Washington State. He had to know how bad it would be: Paul Wulff was in the final throes of his 9-40 tenure at the school, the worst record of any coach in the history of the program, and there was little in the way of hope on the way.

Still, in his first appearance in Pac-12 play, the Cougs upset Arizona State with Halliday throwing for 494 yards and 4 TDs. The following week, he was named the starter. This being Connor Halliday, his first start would come against Utah in a driving snowstorm. Halliday threw four interceptions in a 30-27 loss, and played through a lacerated liver he suffered sometime in the second quarter. Do not gloss over that: the largest internal organ in his body was torn by the blunt force of playing football, and he continued to attempt to throw a football in a loving snowstorm. Halliday spent that night in the Pullman ICU.

Wulff would get mercifully fired. Mike Leach coming in should have spelled something like relief, but Washington State's offensive line was made up of well-meaning mannequins constructed from packing materials and all the heart in the world, with no ability to protect the passer's tender ribs, head, knees, or any other very breakable body parts. The Cougars had little in the way of defense, either. The quarterback would be behind, throwing often. He would have very, very little time to make decisions. And when he made them, he would likely eat a helmet to the chest on every other play from scrimmage.

The beatings continued despite a coaching change and the arrival of Mike Leach. If anything, Leach's arrival solidified Halliday's identity as a doomed robo-passer throwing hundreds of passes deep into the night on ESPN2. Halliday would throw more, and more, and more, no matter the score, and no matter the lead or deficit. The Cougars nearly beat Auburn, nearly beat Cal, and even upset a derelict USC team, and yet: Connor Halliday kept throwing, and Washington State kept coming within inches of breaking even. Halliday took ghastly hits in the pocket. They got even worse when he dared to lumber outside of it for precious yardage.

Under Leach, his numbers ballooned. In 2013, Halliday threw for 4,597 yards with almost no support from one of the nation's worst rushing attacks. Halliday was well ahead of that torrid pace in 2014 before he finally suffered an injury he couldn't hide from trainers, limp through, or conceal from a horrified television audience. His leg snapped on a play in the first quarter against USC. His final year of his college career ended as his first began: with Halliday leaving the field on a stretcher, writhing in obvious pain.

Halliday quit Washington's training camp this week. Reportedly, his only words were "I'm done." And if he says he's done, then Connor Halliday is done, and does not want to invest further physical capital in the name of being a third-string quarterback in the NFL. (Especially the thankless job of doing that for one of the NFL's worst franchises.) His mother wrote this about him prior to the draft:

I could tell you about his junior year in high school when he threw up from abdominal pain after a particularly hard-hitting game, warranting another trip to another emergency room where another surprised doctor told me he must be in terrific pain, his spleen in danger of rupture, enlarged by the mononucleosis he was sick with, not that any of us knew it. That day, Connor lay on the E.R. table, furious with the doctor and then me as I tried to make sense of it for him, that he was unable to play in next week’s game. You can’t stop me. I’d rather die in the game than not play.

It will look like another flaky college QB begging off the rigors of the NFL before training camp even starts, and that's so not the story we want, or the narrative Halliday deserves here. Connor Halliday, on both a statistical and metaphysical level, endured one of the hardest and most viscerally unfair careers in recent college football history. He suffered grotesque injury in brutal conditions, played through inordinate amounts of pain, and took the field against teams like Oregon in zero-hope situations so many times it makes the career of Nick Foles at Arizona look like a happy story in comparison. No one threw more or more furiously in impossible games, and few came closer to winning without ever touching the high side of .500.

Halliday had one shot to be on a winning team, sure. His 2013 team made a bowl game at 6-6, and led the entire Gildan New Mexico Bowl against Colorado State all the way to the final two minutes. Halliday had been brilliant, throwing six TDs to six different Cougar receivers. They needed to run the clock out and not turn the ball over twice in two minutes to Colorado State for quick scores. The Cougs turned the ball over twice in two minutes, and lost. Walking away from a bad NFL team seems like the closest thing to a happy ending football will ever let Connor Halliday have.
:smith:

But on the other hand, he's saved himself from having the misfortune of playing for Washington.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
gently caress Ole Miss

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

there all is aching

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

I read Tulane is canceling a game against Miss State in 2016. I can't imagine the cancellation will involve much money because the contract for the game was signed in 1998.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

LeeMajors posted:

We did ok in Athens in 1995.

Twenty years ago who gives a poo poo

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2015/5/18/8621193/connor-halliday-is-done-and-thats-a-happy-ending

A tribute to the life and times of Connor Halliday, tragic hero.

But on the other hand, he's saved himself from having the misfortune of playing for Washington.

Here lies Connor Halliday. He threw a lot.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

*insert joke about UGA and national championships*

wait :smith:

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

You ain't real SEC unless you prop up poo poo that happen before the Reagan Administration

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

My Aggie friends talk about "SEC tradition" as if they've done anything at all, does that count too?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Wanvig posted:

My Aggie friends talk about "SEC tradition" as if they've done anything at all, does that count too?

Hey, they've beaten Alabama more recently than the vast majority of the SEC has, that's something. :colbert:

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Auburn relented and gave him his release to Michigan if he so chooses.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Wanvig posted:

Talking about poo poo that your school wasn't involved in is peak SEC so yeah.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Fluffdaddy posted:

You ain't real SEC unless you prop up poo poo that happen before the Reagan Administration

0-10-1 :smith:

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

:laffo:

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Pakled posted:

Hey, they've beaten Alabama more recently than the vast majority of the SEC has, that's something. :colbert:

Both Utah and Louisiana-Monroe have beaten Alabama than a majority of the SEC (7 of the other 13 teams)

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 03:23 on May 19, 2015

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

So it's time where coaches start making the rounds for Boosters events, where coaches go and pump sunshine to the hands that feed them/their programs. They tend to speak a little more candidly, but not too much more. Twitter helps deliver sound bites to the masses - here are FSU's from the Atlanta event, for all our 6 fans on TFF

https://twitter.com/DoakSCampbell

quote:

Said Nnadi benches 450-500 and squats 700 and was doing that basically out of HS.
Said Eberle reminds him of Stork but bigger at this stage in his career. Talked like starters are RoJo, Are, Eberle, Bell, Mavety.
Jimbo had high praise for DeAndre Johnson and said it began to click for JJ with about 5 practices left. Said Maguire is still ahead of all
Said Featherston was banged up a lot last year and is at 240 pounds. Excited for his future.
Had very high praise for Pigg. Said he may be the biggest surprise to fans.
Izzo is a great blocker and is a legit 6'6"
Said he doubts he'll be able to keep him off the field all year. "Out of all the freshman, this guy may be the best of them."(Sweat)
Two of the guys he's most excited for are Quez White and Ryan Green. Said White has best ball skills on team. RG best quick twitch guy on tm
Raved about the DBs. Said Ramsey is every bit the competitor that Jameis, Telvin, and Joyner were.

...etc.

Yeah, sunshine, a bunch of names that mostly only FSU fans have ever heard before, but there are a couple things there that might actually be interesting.

DeAndre Johnson was a QB EE and he came pretty close to running off soon-to-be-FR Deondre Francois to UF, because of how doggedly competitive he is (including poo poo talking, even on twitter). It might not be early on, but he's the type of guy that's going to climb the depth chart really really quickly and might have his redshirt burned if Maguire gets hurt and Everett Golson doesn't come here.

JJ (Consentino) is probably a pretty bad QB and will probably transfer since two QBs have already eaten up his snaps with the second string, and two more are coming in in the next couple months, with the far-and-away best one in 2016. If y'all like huge-armed QBs from the Pennsylvania area, he'll probably end up on your team

We probably need Everett Golson pretty badly. Ryan Green converted to CB from RB, and if he's getting a lot of notice, then our CBs probably suck.

Roderick Johnson is our LT and will be a 1st round pick barring injury. Everyone else was not a starter last year, so we have poo poo to go off of with how good or terrible our OL will be.

Also:

quote:

Mentioned that ACC Atlantic had most players drafted out of any division of any conference in college football.

#goacc

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

The ACC really should change its motto to

ACC: Florida State and some basketball schools.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

LeeMajors posted:

Let us not forget that Georgia Tech was not mathematically eliminated from the playoffs until championship week.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Twenty Thirty years ago who gives a poo poo

All of Clemson...

LeeMajors posted:

You're dead to me.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
I really have to question someone's commitment to loving their team above all else when they engage in any form of conference solidarity.

The practice, in whatever form, isn't harmlessly puerile, but rather a glimpse at the possible genesis of separating from one's own tribe and potentially embracing other histories, other traditions, and respecting the accomplishments of your foes.

While that's a noble pursuit in many other facets of our lives, that poo poo has no loving place (and should be given zero quarter) in college football.

mayodreams
Jul 4, 2003

Hello darkness,
my old friend

LeeMajors posted:

Where does that leave Notre Dame? Arguably basketball school now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

C2C - 2.0 posted:

I really have to question someone's commitment to loving their team above all else when they engage in any form of conference solidarity.

The practice, in whatever form, isn't harmlessly puerile, but rather a glimpse at the possible genesis of separating from one's own tribe and potentially embracing other histories, other traditions, and respecting the accomplishments of your foes.

While that's a noble pursuit in many other facets of our lives, that poo poo has no loving place (and should be given zero quarter) in college football.

Plus who doesn't like going in to someone else's home and making GBS threads all over them?

• Locked thread