Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006
Guys... I'm playing Witcher 3 through GoG Galaxy RIGHT NOW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

admataY
Oct 16, 2008
Its alive....

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Mr E posted:

Make sure that you have the free DLC pack "bought" and installed. It's important.

poo poo do I have to restart?

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Don Lapre posted:

Welp time to throw my 780ti in the loving garbage and buy a titan x

this is at 1080p btw

This is with HairWorks enabled surely?
Don't worry about that, it's experimental until much better cards come out, they had to put it in because nVidia money.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
I'm torn on hair works. It sounds cool in theory, but I haven't really seen much to convince me to take the fps hit and use it.

Kimmalah posted:

Then don't link the cheat sheet and generally act like a baby?

What the gently caress is wrong with you? I didn't say it was bad, I just said I didn't understand the quest without using the walkthrough. The only complaining was on your end.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

iGestalt posted:

Wonder how we do this on Steam?

It's already included on Steam. If you want to double-check, go to your library and click the "DLC" link on the right of the game's page. It should say that "<DLC> is already in your Steam library".

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
How are nerds playing this on Galaxy? It's telling me it doesn't unlock for another 52 minutes.

admataY
Oct 16, 2008
Manually " buy " the free dlc pack in galaxy.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

VDay posted:

It's already included on Steam. If you want to double-check, go to your library and click the "DLC" link on the right of the game's page. It should say that "<DLC> is already in your Steam library".

Yeah - I found it. It's here http://store.steampowered.com/dlc/292030/

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo dudes I clicked the play button on GOG Galaxy just for the hell of it and it actually launched the game right away. :aaaaa:

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006

Gobblecoque posted:

How are nerds playing this on Galaxy? It's telling me it doesn't unlock for another 52 minutes.

I'm as confused as you are but it's working for me. I did just buy the free DLC though. :D

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

admataY posted:

Manually " buy " the free dlc pack in galaxy.

Yeah already did that and the play button is still grayed out.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance

Don Lapre posted:

Welp time to throw my 780ti in the loving garbage and buy a titan x

this is at 1080p btw

Please tell me this is only at maxxed out settings with Tessellation and Ambient Occlusion maxxed out the wazoo.

advion
Jul 25, 2005

Meta-Mollusk posted:

Holy poo poo dudes I clicked the play button on GOG Galaxy just for the hell of it and it actually launched the game right away. :aaaaa:

It's almost as if you didn't read any of the last two pages.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Steam version working for anyone? It finished unpacking and now it just says missing executable.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

sauer kraut posted:

This is with HairWorks enabled surely?
Don't worry about that, it's experimental until much better cards come out, they had to put it in because nVidia money.

No, this is hairworks off with a 4790k

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/The-Witcher-3-PC-237266/Specials/Grafikkarten-Benchmarks-1159196/

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Drifter posted:

I'm torn on hair works. It sounds cool in theory, but I haven't really seen much to convince me to take the fps hit and use it.

What the gently caress is wrong with you? I didn't say it was bad, I just said I didn't understand the quest without using the walkthrough. The only complaining was on your end.

You said you couldn't solve it without a walkthrough, but he's the pleb?
I mean, that quest is poo poo and hard to understand, but you're insulting each other based on the exact same thing.

admataY
Oct 16, 2008

Gobblecoque posted:

Yeah already did that and the play button is still grayed out.

sacrifice a goat to the polish gods

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006
My version is v1.02. Is that the latest?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Where should I place my old Witcher 2 saves to have them be uploaded?

Airfoil
Sep 10, 2013

I'm a rocket man

Gobblecoque posted:

It unlocked early. Yet another of CDPR's lies.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Mordiceius posted:

My Documents\Witcher 2\gamesaves\

Sauer
Sep 13, 2005

Socialize Everything!
Downgrading your launch dates.

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

advion posted:

It's almost as if you didn't read any of the last two pages.

Correct.

Oh right I already forgot the free DLC. Gotta have to those extra beards and whatnot.

EuphrosyneD
Jan 25, 2004

Mordiceius posted:

Do you mean imported?

If so, put them in C:\Users\<your username>\Documents\Witcher 2\gamesaves on Windows, no idea for Mac or Linux

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Airfoil posted:

It unlocked early. Yet another of CDPR's lies.

Indeed, release-time downgraded. Tired of this poo poo.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Guys Im being downgraded, and I'm loving every minute

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Holy poo poo this game looks good.

g-c
Dec 10, 2006

Say cheese

Sauer posted:

Downgrading your launch dates.

good post

urea
Aug 18, 2013

Goddamn it I'm still getting Waiting For Release :(

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

The 960 beating a 780 is hilarious, poor fuckers who bought a Kepler card mid-2014 :unsmith:

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Game looks loving sick nasty with everything jacked. Thanks new GTX 980!

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Phoix posted:

Steam version working for anyone? It finished unpacking and now it just says missing executable.

Exit/Restart Steam, this will trigger an additional 1.3gb download.

The style of the intro is pretty :krad:

Game alt-tabs like a champ. Super awesome!

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Well done Comte and Witcher 3 team. You not only released a game, you became the 1st, 3rd, 5th and 9th best selling game on Steam -at the same time-

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
got a page fault after the intro cutscene o_O

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

Like an idiot I installed windows on a 80gig SSD and preloaded The Witcher today. Everything crammed together left me with 1.2 gigs with an hour to go. I begin the unlocking process and it will not finish, citing disk allocation errors. Now I get to download the entire thing again for my other drive!

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

crashed on startup... yikes

ful
Sep 16, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Galaxy update failed. :(

Markkei
Aug 11, 2010

ful posted:

Galaxy update failed. :(

Same. Galaxy update keeps failing. And the 1.01 patch installer can't find the game executable :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Markkei posted:

Same. Galaxy update keeps failing. And the 1.01 patch installer can't find the game executable :(

also same :negative: