Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lowtechs
Jan 12, 2001
Grimey Drawer
Mine updated fine. :\

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Playing this with a GTX 660 and the game both looks and runs great with the default settings.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

VanillaGorilla posted:

Game looks loving sick nasty with everything jacked. Thanks new GTX 980!

Here's to hoping 1440p doesn't require a Titan X!

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
I get a lot of cracking and popping audio, and the actual volume level is extremely low. I have a soundblaster z :smith:

urea
Aug 18, 2013

Does anyone know how to import a Witcher 2 save? There's an option when you start a game whether to simulate a save but no option for importing?

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

urea posted:

Does anyone know how to import a Witcher 2 save? There's an option when you start a game whether to simulate a save but no option for importing?

I think that's how you're supposed to "import" your game. You have to remember what you did.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Running it at 1080p with everything on Ultra and Hairworks on a 970. No poor FPS so far, though I couldn't tell you the exact number because I don't really care.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Basebf555 posted:

I think that's how you're supposed to "import" your game. You have to remember what you did.

No, there has to be an actual save import option, it imports more choices.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Basebf555 posted:

No there's an actual list of your save games to choose from, but I don't know how you access it.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Ah, that makes sense. I'm going to be playing on PS4 and I forgot you all are on PC.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Orv posted:

No there's an actual list of your save games to choose from, but I don't know how you access it.

I clicked import a Witcher 2 save below the simulate yes/no options, and my save showed up. Make sure it's in the My Documents folder instead of a steam folder.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Orv posted:

There's literally an option that says "import witcher 2 save data" when you make a new game.

urea
Aug 18, 2013

Ah, I moved the save to the My Documents save directory, and theres an option to import now. Cool

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

My imported save worked! The tattoo shows up in the prologue even though it's supposed to take place years ago. :v:

Silentgoldfish
Nov 5, 2008

mcbexx posted:

Exit/Restart Steam, this will trigger an additional 1.3gb download.

The style of the intro is pretty :krad:

Game alt-tabs like a champ. Super awesome!

That didn't work for me... I tried what the steam support site says - exiting steam, deleting app cache and restarting the computer - but that hasn't worked either.

Anyone got ideas?

Lowtechs
Jan 12, 2001
Grimey Drawer
Geforce Experience has a profile for W3 now. Hairworks is turned off.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Lord Lambeth posted:

My imported save worked! The tattoo shows up in the prologue even though it's supposed to take place years ago. :v:

goty all years confirmed

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
The download's frozen in place for a while. :(

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
The HUD doesn't scale to 16:10, drat downgrade.

Runs pretty well on my 770 on the high present without hairworks, ultra is a bit too much for it though.

Savy Saracen salad
Oct 15, 2013
What directory should I move my witcher 2 save files too? I am a bit lost

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

The little doctors are back,
they want to play with you!
I just played the first 10 minutes of this on PC and I already hate it. The graphics and animations are just completly awful. It feels like something that was ported from an xbox 360 in 2010. What the gently caress? And also, as an FYI I was running it on ultra settings. I just can't believe this. What in the goddamn gently caress?
All of it is poo poo, the animations, the FOV, the controls, graphics. I actually feel cheated.

Edit: O.K. maybe I'm exaggerating a little, but still this really isn't what a PC game should look like in 2015

Lollerich fucked around with this message at 23:49 on May 18, 2015

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Lollerich posted:

I just played the first 10 minutes of this on PC and I already hate it. The graphics and animations are just completly awful. It feels like something that was ported from an xbox 360 in 2010. What the gently caress? And also, as an FYI I was running it on ultra settings. I just can't believe this. What in the goddamn gently caress?
Nothing about being emotionally hurt or CDPR scamming, 2/10.
and a bad edit, too

Savy Saracen salad posted:

to*
Do you have W2 installed?

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Basebf555 posted:

Ah, that makes sense. I'm going to be playing on PS4 and I forgot you all are on PC.

Solidarity (and 14 minute wait still) buddy.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Documents/witcher2/gamesaves

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
Minutes of witcher 3 played: 2

crashes: 1

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Lord Lambeth posted:

I clearly imported the wrong save then.

Game runs okay on my 560 with low settings and still looks pretty good. I'm struggling with the combat though since I keep trying to use the side-step dodge and it doesn't get me out of the range of the ghoul's claws.

Savy Saracen salad
Oct 15, 2013

Bort Bortles posted:

Do you have W2 installed?

No.

Petri
Apr 18, 2013
Sorry if this is a dumb question but, how can I take screenshots in Witcher 3? I tried print screen and it didn't work, and there's no key bind for it in the options. There is a screenshots folder so there must be some way.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Lord Lambeth posted:

Even in his memories, Geralt knows it's important.

iCe-CuBe.
Jun 9, 2011
Why does every light source continually flash and flicker

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Lollerich posted:

All of it is poo poo, the animations, the FOV, the controls, graphics. I actually feel cheated.

Edit: O.K. maybe I'm exaggerating a little, but still this really isn't what a PC game should look like in 2015

shut up nerd

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

There's some detailed info here:
http://en.cdprojektred.com/support/installation-folder-saves-folder-config-folder-location/

They should be
code:
c:\Users\<your username>\Documents\Witcher 2\gamesaves
for Windows Vista or higher.

edit: probably the "c:\" should be replaced by the drive where your Windows OS installation resides on. Not necessarily "C" that is.

insider
Feb 22, 2007

A secret room... always my favourite room in a house.
I'm on steam and its unlocked for me. In main menu now.

Sauer
Sep 13, 2005

Socialize Everything!
Runs pretty well on my 760 and ancient CPU with medium settings and still looks pretty freaking good. Only complaint is the little window that keeps popping up in the lower left corner telling me that my gamepad keeps being detected and the control scheme has changed.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Lollerich posted:

Nah. Legitimately though, I can't imagine what you're talking about in the least.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
loving nvidia drivers download faster you fucks

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Curse you PS4 and your waiting to unlock until you're actually supposed to :argh: Only a minute now. Was that patch I downloaded with the preload last week the day one patch, or will there be another when it unlocks?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
It's unlocked on PS4!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

:siren: ITS OUT ON PLAYSTATION 4 :siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Sauer posted:

Runs pretty well on my 760 and ancient CPU with medium settings and still looks pretty freaking good. Only complaint is the little window that keeps popping up in the lower left corner telling me that my gamepad keeps being detected and the control scheme has changed.

You can just disable your gamepad in the device manager if you're too lazy to pull it out.