Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sauer
Sep 13, 2005

Socialize Everything!
I want to use the gamepad. The little window doesn't seem to do anything. Just keeps popping up every now and then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenoith
Aug 30, 2011

by Ralp

Mr E posted:

I clicked import a Witcher 2 save below the simulate yes/no options, and my save showed up. Make sure it's in the My Documents folder instead of a steam folder.

Thanks

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

I can't play it on PS4 because of this loving outage. :(

EDIT: Never mind, a reset fixed it. YAY!

Crappy Jack fucked around with this message at 00:05 on May 19, 2015

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

AbstractNapper posted:

There's some detailed info here:
http://en.cdprojektred.com/support/installation-folder-saves-folder-config-folder-location/

They should be
code:
c:\Users\<your username>\Documents\Witcher 2\gamesaves
for Windows Vista or higher.

edit: probably the "c:\" should be replaced by the drive where your Windows OS installation resides on. Not necessarily "C" that is.

Thank you.

Ferret
Oct 9, 2003
XBone folks, anybody got it to run yet?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Ferret posted:

XBone folks, anybody got it to run yet?

Sorry to inform you but the xbone does not meet the minimum requirements to run Witcher 3.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Game looks better than I could have imagined - only slightly inferior to heavily modded Skyrim. Not a fan of being forced to play as a guy, though.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

Game looks better than I could have imagined - only slightly inferior to heavily modded Skyrim. Not a fan of being forced to play as a guy, though.

You saying you too good for guy rear end?

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

This is the best god drat video game trailer I've seen in 30 years. Holy shizzlenuggets Batman

Orv
May 4, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

I think the excessive detail makes up for it.

Xenoith
Aug 30, 2011

by Ralp
Btw if anyone hasn't noticed(or from what I saw) it seems you can only disable blur and a few other things while you're actually in-game.

The game doesn't seem very well optimized, even at med/high settings I'm getting 40-50FPS while I'd get way over 60 in GTA V.. but then again, I'm on an AMD card and it has no drivers for this yet.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

yeah dude down with the patriarchy die cis scum

Lowtechs
Jan 12, 2001
Grimey Drawer
Game froze and had to force quit. Curse your CDPR!

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
Been playing the game all day on the PS4, the game world seems so large and the graphics are great on the PS4 I've not had any slow down etc yet.

My only gripe and its one I've had with both Witcher 1 & 2 is font size, its really hard to read the inventory screens for me It requires me to get up and walk over to the TV.

That could be partially due to me needing to buy a TV bigger than a 32 inch but the font issue was addressed in witcher 1 and 2.

Again the game world is loving huge I basically have no idea what to do first, I made the desicion to play on "Blood and bones" difficulty which is quite difficult but I think im gonna stick with it.

I really can't see myself completing this game anytime soon

Airfoil
Sep 10, 2013

I'm a rocket man

Heliosicle posted:

The HUD doesn't scale to 16:10, drat downgrade.

Runs pretty well on my 770 on the high present without hairworks, ultra is a bit too much for it though.

Yeah, that's pretty annoying. 16:9 is for drat casuals.

770 here, too. I average around 45fps on medium with vsync and hair off @1920x1200.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Game looks great on PS4

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

net cafe scandal posted:

Is this real life?

Worklurker
Jan 2, 2014
Playing with my 980, runs pretty good, but there are framedrops. I think it's because of nvidia hairworks though, can't wait to see if there are more optimizations down the road.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Comrade Flynn posted:

Is this real life?

It's just fantasy.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

tithin posted:

W2:

I thought I'd go back to my old save and amend my decision to kill the assassin at the end, only for whatever reason, I can't talk to him. the prompt comes up, i hit left click, and nothing happens. Prompt disappears and that's it.

Any ideas of the cause and how I could fix it?

Any advice? I want to keep him alive if he's still going to be around..

Markkei
Aug 11, 2010
Well, it was a mistake trusting GOG Galaxy on this one. Can't do anything with the preload files, update always fails. Can't even uninstall through the client! Just gonna download the separate files from gog.com

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Witcher with tenure. :swoon:

ful
Sep 16, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Galaxy doesn't seem to have entered the game in the registry for me which I'm guessing is why it's failing to patch.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

JESUS loving CHRIST the facial expressions in this are INSANE.

I haven't even gotten past the tutorial yet and I had to stop playing to tell people how well done the animations and faces are in this. Yennefer does this quick little eyebrow raise, Vesemir has this perfect stern expression (And they got back the VA from Witcher 1 for him!), and young Ciri does this laugh that's the single best piece of facial animation in a game since Ellie's "pffff"

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
Quick question, does anyone know if the witcher 2 autosaves when you beat it? I went to import my save and had like 200 autosaves so I just picked the most recent one. Will it still load the game if I import an unfinished save, or should I assume I'm good to go since it kept going?

SnatchRabbit
Feb 23, 2006

by sebmojo
Anyone else having trouble DLing the 1.6GB patch on steam? I've preloaded, rebooted, verified, paused and resumed the download but I'm not getting anywhere.

Xenoith
Aug 30, 2011

by Ralp
I read the AMD twitter, apparently a driver is coming out sometime this week, likely later.. too bad, gonna have to play with 40ish FPS I guess.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Lollerich posted:

I just played the first 10 minutes of this on PC and I already hate it. The graphics and animations are just completly awful. It feels like something that was ported from an xbox 360 in 2010. What the gently caress? And also, as an FYI I was running it on ultra settings. I just can't believe this. What in the goddamn gently caress?
All of it is poo poo, the animations, the FOV, the controls, graphics. I actually feel cheated.

Edit: O.K. maybe I'm exaggerating a little, but still this really isn't what a PC game should look like in 2015

Haha, are you trolling or just stupid?

Sauer
Sep 13, 2005

Socialize Everything!
I want to put Vesemir in a little bag and hang him on my belt so he can dispense wisdom and lore everywhere I go.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
Why is the Xbox release in another half hour? Dumb.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

HyperPuma posted:

Quick question, does anyone know if the witcher 2 autosaves when you beat it? I went to import my save and had like 200 autosaves so I just picked the most recent one. Will it still load the game if I import an unfinished save, or should I assume I'm good to go since it kept going?

I think it does, yes.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Graphics in the tutorial look worse than witcher 2 so far. :catstare:
Ultra on a 970.

iCe-CuBe.
Jun 9, 2011
cutscene after tutorial makes my PC crash

Airfoil
Sep 10, 2013

I'm a rocket man
Narrated story updates when you load saves is a pretty cool idea.

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

ful posted:

Galaxy doesn't seem to have entered the game in the registry for me which I'm guessing is why it's failing to patch.

I was having this issue too. There should be a !Downloads folder with the install files in it where you installed it the first time. You can use that to install the game normally, patch it, and then import it to Galaxy.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Every hour until I get my grubby hands on this game is growing agony. 22 hours left, and I imagine that the game will be old news by then.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
You people saying it looks worse than Witcher 2 must have broken eyes or something because lol.

Xenoith
Aug 30, 2011

by Ralp

Verranicus posted:

You people saying it looks worse than Witcher 2 must have broken eyes or something because lol.

yeah idk what the gently caress game you guys are playing, it looks great to me, especially char models.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Verranicus posted:

I was pretty blown away by the graphics on Witcher 2 anyway the be honest. Considering the size of the world in this I'm not really expecting some quantum leap in graphics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Airfoil posted:

Narrated story updates when you load saves is a pretty cool idea.

Dying Light did this as well.