Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Does anyone know where the simulate save NPC is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Basebf555 posted:

I was pretty blown away by the graphics on Witcher 2 anyway the be honest. Considering the size of the world in this I'm not really expecting some quantum leap in graphics.

It looks as good or better, people saying it looks worse either have hosed up PCs or are trolling.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Yeah the graphics are just terrible. It's like I'm playing Ultima all over again.

Xenoith
Aug 30, 2011

by Ralp

Lord Lambeth posted:

Yeah the graphics are just terrible. It's like I'm playing Ultima all over again.

lmao

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Lord Lambeth posted:

Better or worse graphics than Morrowind?

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

2500k/970gtx, everything cranked to max is giving me 25-45 fps, depending on scene complexity.

Dang, 60fps do spoil you, but Hairworks on everything is so pretty, I don't think I can turn it back off again.

P.S.: Lil' Ciri is adorable.

FlyingCowOfDoom
Aug 1, 2003

let the beat drop
Is early consensus that controller or m/kb is better for this one?

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
Is there anyway to stop the constant barrage of "Gamepad Detected Control Scheme Changed" it constantly pops up, and is really getting loving annoying.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

UberJumper posted:

Is there anyway to stop the constant barrage of "Gamepad Detected Control Scheme Changed" it constantly pops up, and is really getting loving annoying.

play with a mouse, like a man

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
So the graphics are loving amazing on ultra. There are a few scenes that look just about life like.

One problem though. There's this weird white flickering. It appears to be a graphical bug with the lighting or something. It's not a big deal, but it sure as poo poo ruins the experience. Anyone know spent the last 30 minutes dicking around in the settings to figure out how to fix it?

CrusherEAGLE
Oct 28, 2007

Frosty Divine
What difficulty should I be playing this as? Is "Normal" too easy? I kind of want to go on "Hard" (Blood and broken bones), but I'm afraid I'll get raped by the difficulty.

What do you advise?

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Oh man with my 980 at 1440p with everything on ultra except hairworks it's running better than I could have imagined! This looks absolutely lovely and I can't believe I'm finally playing it, god drat.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

UberJumper posted:

It's an artifact of switching between gamepad and mouse/kb - mine only does it if it detects any input from the opposite control method.

ful
Sep 16, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Chortle posted:

I was having this issue too. There should be a !Downloads folder with the install files in it where you installed it the first time. You can use that to install the game normally, patch it, and then import it to Galaxy.

Don't seem to have it, It's going to take me another couple of days to download now if I have to. :(

Xenoith
Aug 30, 2011

by Ralp
There has to be some kind of optimizatoin/driver issue for AMD, both Medium and High/Ultra mixed settings give me exactly 45 FPS in the same spot. wut?

pissedoffcrawdad
Jul 21, 2006
My whole computer crashes every single time after the first cutscene (Geralt tracking the woman). Joy.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Archonex posted:

So the graphics are loving amazing on ultra. There are a few scenes that look just about life like.

One problem though. There's this weird white flickering. It appears to be a graphical bug with the lighting or something. It's not a big deal, but it sure as poo poo ruins the experience. Anyone know spent the last 30 minutes dicking around in the settings to figure out how to fix it?

Getting exactly the same issue and came here to post it!

It looks like a problem with the lighting, somehow? I'm poking around trying to figure it out.

Also yeah looks utterly incredible in motion.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

FlyingCowOfDoom posted:

Is early consensus that controller or m/kb is better for this one?

I'm a huge advocate of kb/m, but after seeing the key mapping, I went "gently caress it" and used my wired 360 controller and it's working really well, at least for me.
It looks like a lot of thought and effort went into the control scheme.

iCe-CuBe.
Jun 9, 2011

pissedoffcrawdad posted:

My whole computer crashes every single time after the first cutscene (Geralt tracking the woman). Joy.

This game keeps crashing

iCe-CuBe.
Jun 9, 2011

Meiteron posted:

Getting exactly the same issue and came here to post it!

It looks like a problem with the lighting, somehow? I'm poking around trying to figure it out.

Also yeah looks utterly incredible in motion.

You need to update your drivers

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

Antares posted:

play with a mouse, like a man

I heard the KB/M controls were apparently awful.

VanillaGorilla posted:

It's an artifact of switching between gamepad and mouse/kb - mine only does it if it detects any input from the opposite control method.

I am sitting about 3-4 feet away from my mouse and keyboard. They aren't going off, my icons aren't changing from the XB1 icons.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

i'm at work and i hope the graphics are deconsolized by the time i get home!!

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Archonex posted:

If you mean the just barely noticeable flicker that I'm seeing while wandering around and looking for stuff to interact with then yeah, I'd love to know what's causing it because every time I see it I think I've found something but it's just the glitch.

Xenoith
Aug 30, 2011

by Ralp
So from my testing, going from higher post processing settings/most enabled and everything on high/ultra is only like a 2-5 fps loss from all disabled/medium settings on AMD. Really weird, but yeah, may as well crank poo poo. Ultra textures is the only "required" option to look good that I've seen, shadows probably want to be high/ultra, dunno about detail or what that does.

Airfoil
Sep 10, 2013

I'm a rocket man
It would be nice if they gave you a quick rundown of the decisions affected by the W2 save you import. Story highlights or some such.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Airfoil posted:

Narrated story updates when you load saves is a pretty cool idea.

Is it like a cutscene or just voiceovers? Darksiders 2 did a cutscene recap every time I'd load a save and I hated it.

Valliantstu posted:

Does anyone know where the simulate save NPC is?

I think it's something that just happens in the progress of the game's storyline if you don't import a file, you don't have to track him down.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Oh man a quest named Twisted Firestarter. I'm in love.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
What is this galaxy poo poo? I got it on steam. Is it automatically bundled with the beards dlc and stuff?

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Gwent is pretty fun. Also LOL at the quest name for the Gwent collection.

Airfoil
Sep 10, 2013

I'm a rocket man

Kimmalah posted:

Is it like a cutscene or just voiceovers? Darksiders 2 did a cutscene recap every time I'd load a save and I hated it.

Narration over hand drawn stills. Like the epilogue of W2.

e: You can skip it, of course.

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe
The game is so drat pretty on my PS4, though the text is too small to read from my couch not too far away from the 40" TV.

This means I'm getting too old for this, doesn't it? :sigh:

pissedoffcrawdad
Jul 21, 2006

iCe-CuBe. posted:

This game keeps crashing

I tried setting everything to "low" and not using a Witcher 2 save file, but still no luck. I got 30 seconds into the bathtub scene once, but it's frozen on at the end of the loading screen every other time. Massively disappointed. My CPU isn't all that great these days (an i7 930, quad-core 2.8 ghz), but my GPU is a GTX 680, so it should at least play, god drat it.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
And, the dreaded Gwent tutorial crash. Happened even though I held down the pass button instead of tapping it. Should I just avoid Gwent until a patch?

Game looks great on PS4 otherwise.

(edit): no crash the second time, yay

StarkRavingMad fucked around with this message at 01:00 on May 19, 2015

TomVanDam
Apr 25, 2010
Anyone here buy it digitally for ps4? It said its ready to play but now it directs me to the store to buy it again. I'm hoping the servers are just getting slammed and I'll try again in the morning :(

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

SnatchRabbit posted:

Anyone else having trouble DLing the 1.6GB patch on steam? I've preloaded, rebooted, verified, paused and resumed the download but I'm not getting anywhere.

This is my life right now and I just want the nightmare to be over.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

TomVanDam posted:

Anyone here buy it digitally for ps4? It said its ready to play but now it directs me to the store to buy it again. I'm hoping the servers are just getting slammed and I'll try again in the morning :(

Digital here, worked fine for me. Other than the Gwent crash.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

TomVanDam posted:

Try restarting your PS4.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

When do you make your decisions for a simulated Witcher 2 save? I know I chose to simulate but I'm currently in the inn after you save that guy from the griffon and suddenly I'm not so sure anymore.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Anyone else getting random crashes when entering inventory?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
game looks great on my laughable below spec machine, have it capped running at a solid 30fps with one or two things on high and everything else on medium and low, i am honestly quite surprised at how good it looks. there is life left in the old girl still.