Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
21:9 works perfectly out of the box!

Don Lapre fucked around with this message at 01:04 on May 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferret
Oct 9, 2003
Xbone digital download just unlocked

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Archonex posted:

So the graphics are loving amazing on ultra. There are a few scenes that look just about life like.

One problem though. There's this weird white flickering. It appears to be a graphical bug with the lighting or something. It's not a big deal, but it sure as poo poo ruins the experience. Anyone know spent the last 30 minutes dicking around in the settings to figure out how to fix it?

Meiteron posted:

Getting exactly the same issue and came here to post it!

It looks like a problem with the lighting, somehow? I'm poking around trying to figure it out.

Also yeah looks utterly incredible in motion.

iCe-CuBe. posted:

You need to update your drivers

Checking back in to confirm that this worked. I had odd flickering across the entire screen, updated my drivers (Using a GTX 970), restarted the game, problem vanished.

If you get flickering make sure your drivers are in order!

NicelyNice
Feb 13, 2004

citrus
The game looks absolutely fantastic, no clue where the complaints are coming from. My only gripe is that the lighting looks a little... flat? Washed out? Maybe I've been playing too much GTA5 which has better lighting than like, looking out my own window at the sunset, or I'm missing a setting somewhere

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Oh yeah Nvidia released new drivers a few hours ago. You should probably get them if you wanna play this here game.

theDOWmustflow
Mar 24, 2009

lmao pwnd gg~
If you are an ATI card user, disable Hairworks! I had no idea what it was but it was enabled for Gerald alone yet accounted for more than 30FPS of framerate drop.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The lighting is simply not going to cut it in a post-GTAV/MGSV gaming landscape.

Lowtechs
Jan 12, 2001
Grimey Drawer

UberJumper posted:

Is there anyway to stop the constant barrage of "Gamepad Detected Control Scheme Changed" it constantly pops up, and is really getting loving annoying.

Using a Keyboard and Mouse I get "Keyboard and Mouse detected control scheme changed" everytime.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Dear people of White Orchard: Sorry for stealing all of your poo poo.

Love, Geralt.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Anyone having trouble with the download? Mine stopped at 94 percent.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

VanillaGorilla posted:

Love, Geralt.

Is there any repercussion for stripping peoples rooms of loot? Any theft conditions or anything?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The lighting doesnt look as good as Dragon Age 3 neither.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
Here is an awesome reproducable way to crash the game.

1. Buy a card from the lady in the tavern when you first arrive
2. Do your normal conversation stuff
3. When you regain control the game will ask you to check out your Gwent deck do it.
4. Game hardlocks

CrusherEAGLE
Oct 28, 2007

Frosty Divine
How much am I missing out on by never having played the Witcher 1 or 2?

It feels like I'm jumping in the middle of a story here, and I feel like I missed out by not finishing 2.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Mordiceius posted:

Is there any repercussion for stripping peoples rooms of loot? Any theft conditions or anything?

Dont steal when guards (or soldiers I guess) see you.

Let us English
Feb 21, 2004

Actual photo of Let Us English, probably seen here waking his wife up in the morning talking about chemical formulae when all she wants is a hot cup of shhhhh
I don't remember squat about my choices in Witcher 2. If I just import my save will I still have to answer questions that determine what happened? If so, what takes priority, the save or my answers?

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

theDOWmustflow posted:

If you are an ATI card user, disable Hairworks! I had no idea what it was but it was enabled for Gerald alone yet accounted for more than 30FPS of framerate drop.

Yup, came here to post this. Went from 50ish fps on Ultra to a smoooth 60fps+.

Only issue I can notice is the vines on the side of Kaer Morhan looked not so great ( and there was an odd beam of blue light over Yennefers bed in the intro ), but whatever, they only existed for a minute or two.

NicelyNice posted:

The game looks absolutely fantastic, no clue where the complaints are coming from. My only gripe is that the lighting looks a little... flat? Washed out? Maybe I've been playing too much GTA5 which has better lighting than like, looking out my own window at the sunset, or I'm missing a setting somewhere

The devs finally admitted yesterday that the game is still not 100% done when it comes to bugs, and we should expect issues to arise until they can figure them out/fix them. One of the big ones that's been hitting streamers is that textures won't load in properly, so for many people, they are seeing the game in a Low/subLow settings way, even with full Ultra. This is also why there were so many issues in the streams prerelease, somebody might have everything work, somebody might not, even though both could have confirmed they were playing on Ultra settings.

Overdoze
Jan 6, 2008

Revolution of evolution
Played for a couple hours. First impressions:

- It seems to run great. I have everything on high. HairFX off. I'm running a 4770k, 780GTX and 16gb RAM. No crashes so far at all.
- Antialising only has two options: on or off. I wish there was more I could do, the game still has some jaggies.
- While the world looks great and the character models are really awesome, I feel like the level of detail on plants drops off too fast. Leaves and tufts of grass/grain become somewhat blotchy not even 10 feet from you. It's a smallish thing though, maybe some settings changes can fix it.
- Mouse sensitivity feels weird. Might be an issue just on my end, but it's the first time I have wished for some mouse smoothing.
- The world feels alive. This is awesome.

Sauer
Sep 13, 2005

Socialize Everything!
Ahaha get out of the drat road you stupid peasants Witcher galloping by!

Burns
May 10, 2008

So far so good. I've noticed some graphics glitches, texture flickering. Getting updated nvidia drivers to see if it takes care of those.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

VanillaGorilla posted:

Love, Geralt.

Dear people of White Orchard: I'm not.

Love, Suck my dick I killed a griffon.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Protip: you can deconstruct junk items at crafters for important components. So don't just sell all those hides you find.

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
Am I a retard or is there no place to import a save before you start the game? I chose off for simulate save before starting, is it just going to ask later in the game or am I supposed to have my W2 save in my game folder someplace for the game to find before I start this whole thing?

ful
Sep 16, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Fixed my patch troubles by manually entering the info in the registry.

Let us English
Feb 21, 2004

Actual photo of Let Us English, probably seen here waking his wife up in the morning talking about chemical formulae when all she wants is a hot cup of shhhhh

Dr. Capco posted:

Am I a retard or is there no place to import a save before you start the game? I chose off for simulate save before starting, is it just going to ask later in the game or am I supposed to have my W2 save in my game folder someplace for the game to find before I start this whole thing?

You've got to move it to the right folder. I forget where, but Polygon has a write-up on it.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
GOG Galaxy is poo poo

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I couldn't get into Witcher 2 because it felt a little too clunky but I think I'm going to get lost in this. This game looks ridiculously good. The GeForce recommended settings gave me a great baseline, but still get over 60fps consistently so I might try bumping some stuff up. Except for Hair FX. :cmon:

Core i5 3570
GTX 970

Also, KB+M felt lovely. Going for the controller and not looking back.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

Gobblecoque posted:

GOG Galaxy is poo poo

Works for me

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Anyone else having weird stutters during the cgi cutscene at the opening and then those stationary card cutscenes. Not sure what could be causing that.

Xenoith
Aug 30, 2011

by Ralp
There are some meh parts to the game like lighting/maybe shadows and shaders or whatever but this is one of the most immersive games I've ever seen on PC because the models are so well done and have great facial expressiveness. They look better than Skyrim modded characters typically because of the animations.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

havenwaters posted:

Anyone else having weird stutters during the cgi cutscene at the opening and then those stationary card cutscenes. Not sure what could be causing that.

Looks like those cutscenes might be pre-rendered, it dropped down to 28fps for me as soon as that scene from the tutorial started.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

Overdoze posted:

- Mouse sensitivity feels weird. Might be an issue just on my end, but it's the first time I have wished for some mouse smoothing.

Sensitivity feels weird and jerky with my 360 controller on PC. It feels like it is half a control issue and half graphics performance issue. (I've got a 970, I want pretty hair and HBAO+!)

Lowtechs
Jan 12, 2001
Grimey Drawer

Sauer posted:

Ahaha get out of the drat road you stupid peasants Witcher galloping by!

I ran over a couple kids. :unsmigghh:

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I don't get how people are saying this game looks like poo poo.

I'm having to play on just slightly above medium settings due to my video card, but the game looks loving incredible on my computer.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

explosivo posted:

Looks like those cutscenes might be pre-rendered, it dropped down to 28fps for me as soon as that scene from the tutorial started.

Oh, I remember having some minor issues with that stuff and MGR:Revengeance too. At least it picks back up afterwords. Sometimes Revengeance would just stay at 24ish fps for some people. Oh well.

e: Also noticed some random stutters on mostly high/ultra on my gtx 970 with hbao+ on but hairworks off. Going to just drop to high/medium foliage distance and see how things work.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

This is legit the first open world game I've seen that does forests right. Like I came to the edge and felt trepidation about going into those woods.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
I do agree with the people saying that text and button prompts aren't as big as they should be. They're juuuuust small enough to strain my eyes on both an hdtv and my pc monitor.

iCe-CuBe.
Jun 9, 2011
I keep getting "NVIDIA display driver stopped responding and has recovered" as the game crashes

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009
Well contract question: how the blue gently caress do I actually examine the well without the goddamn ghost aggroing on me? multiple attempts and angles of attack yield nothing but frustration

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug

Let us English posted:

You've got to move it to the right folder. I forget where, but Polygon has a write-up on it.

Thanks. Got it figured out after a bit of sleuthing.