Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

khy posted:

I love the gently caress everything avatar but is it possible to fit "Lightning Resist > Fire Magic > gently caress everything" into a single avatar?

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

khy
Aug 15, 2005

jng2058 posted:

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Even if it's too big for SA forums I could use it elsewhere because it's amazing.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

khy posted:

I love the gently caress everything avatar but is it possible to fit "Lightning Resist > Fire Magic > gently caress everything" into a single avatar?

I have the same question. I don't even really care if it's fully animated or not, it's fine if it just cycles through the images. The important thing is just that I grab it before khy and jng do.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

I am resisting the urge to make a snide comment! DO NOT TEMPT ME INTO BEING SNIDE!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Here is an avatar-sized version of the gif in question.

It is 100kb too large at the moment and I'm not in the mood to try and optimize it. Good luck.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Yeah, it looks pretty janky when you try to get the file size down. You have a choice between smooth, long and pretty. Pick two, because 100kb ain't getting you all three.

Also I'm off in a forest from now until Tuesday, so have fun with that!

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Squeegy posted:

I really don't understand the people saying she'll take the money and run. She was being paid the money to clear the imps out of the attic. She did not do that. Why would the shopkeep pay her for running away from the imps?

They agreed to clear out the two smaller imps, and they did. The big one wasn't part of the deal.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

JT Jag posted:

Here is an avatar-sized version of the gif in question.

It is 100kb too large at the moment and I'm not in the mood to try and optimize it. Good luck.

I still love it and it works perfectly in other goon-related forums I am on.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Opposing Farce posted:

They agreed to clear out the two smaller imps, and they did. The big one wasn't part of the deal.

The shopkeeper knew there were imps, but they didn't know how many until Rajirra went and looked.

Katia is definitely getting her cut, although if Rajirra sticks around for payment I'd hope a mixture of her attitude and the fact she ran, immediately after lecturing Katia on all that stuff beforehand, is enough for Katia to go "nope, gently caress you and the horse you rode in on, I want more".

But I guess Raj did help with the first two, so whatever. Katia probably isn't quite ready to renegotiate for a 50/50 cut.

Doctor_Fruitbat fucked around with this message at 00:06 on May 1, 2015

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Katia probably isn't quite ready to renegotiate for a 50/50 cut.

Has Katia ever shown any competence whatsoever with negotation in the past?

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

khy posted:

Has Katia ever shown any competence whatsoever with negotation in the past?

No, not really. We are talking about someone trying to work themselves up to level 1, after all.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

ThaumPenguin posted:

No, not really. We are talking about someone trying to work themselves up to level 1, after all.

She's already leveled up a couple of times.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
I though Katia wasn't even level one yet? I mean, isn't the reason she's having king-y nightmares is because once she ends up in that cell, she's going to end up being Oblivion'd by Patrick Stewart?

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

WarpedNaba posted:

I though Katia wasn't even level one yet? I mean, isn't the reason she's having king-y nightmares is because once she ends up in that cell, she's going to end up being Oblivion'd by Patrick Stewart?

Yeah, exactly. She's at like level 0.4 or so.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
I can't remember the actual requirements, but going by where your character is when you start the game, she'll have to have a certain number of major and minor skills before she can be level 1 and a hero proper.

And at some point before that I assume she'll have to burn Kvatch to the ground.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

There was a point earlier where the level-up text appeared in the narrative, didn't it?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

MikeJF posted:

There was a point earlier where the level-up text appeared in the narrative, didn't it?

Maybe she started at level -1. It would fit.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
Don't forget that Oblivion is a game where leveling up is actually a detriment and usually makes you weaker compared to the things around you. Being at level 0 practically makes Katia a god.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Master Twig posted:

Don't forget that Oblivion is a game where leveling up is actually a detriment and usually makes you weaker compared to the things around you. Being at level 0 practically makes Katia a god.

Only if you choose the wrong major and minor skills. If you pick the right ones then the challenge scales appropriately. If you game the system then you can become tremendously stronger than everything around you. Choose the wrong ones and everything will murder you instantly when you get to the higher levels.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Oh hey, another update. I'm actually kind of impressed.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Lizard Wizard posted:

Oh hey, another update. I'm actually kind of impressed.

Proof of how low your standards have been brought. Kazerad won't be satisfied until he's doing the limbo under the bar.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Tee hee.

Also, she barred the door? What a dick.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
A good update. Short, simple, gets to the point, and satisfying.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Did all the work, got locked in there to die? Oh man, Katia deserves at least 45%.

Er, I don't foresee this negotiation going well...

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Zoe posted:

Did all the work, got locked in there to die? Oh man, Katia deserves at least 45%.

Er, I don't foresee this negotiation going well...

She does have the negotiating position that she just beat a monster that made Rajirra flee, she's more of a threat now.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

She's also very shy. I feel certain Rajjra is gonna screw her despite having proved herself a coward who would desert a dying cat.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Update!

In which Rajirra continues to be The Worst.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I'm disappointed that Kaz didn't go with my suggestion of knocking firmly on the door and politely asking to be let out.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I'm disappointed that Kaz didn't go with my suggestion of knocking firmly on the door and politely asking to be let out.
You too? I also added that she can also shout down to the storekeeper from the window, if she went outside and can't hear the knocking.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

If you don't expect them to take all the worst suggestions first by now, you haven't been reading very carefully.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
:laffo: dumb cat can't even get out of a room, worthless update why bother posting it

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Rajirra, for gently caress's sake... :doh:

CrashCat posted:

If you don't expect them to take all the worst suggestions first by now, you haven't been reading very carefully.

"Knock on the door? Why would I do that when I can use a lockpick as a makeshift screwdriver and completely remove the handle?" :downs:

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Seriously you don't need multiple updates figuring out how to leave a loving attic

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I dunno, we've had one update to conclude the fight, one update where Katia bullshits about being an idiot, then the next update will probably involve her actually getting out, or at least moving on to arguing with Rajirra or similar; that seems reasonable enough for this style of comic, where half the point is her reacting to internet voices.

Also, the gif where she grabs the inventory bar was awesome.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
:agreed: The last 2 panels made it p good.

Kazerad
Aug 1, 2011

Unshamed by Koos

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Jackard posted:

Seriously you don't need multiple updates figuring out how to leave a loving attic

This is why I have a lot of trouble with smaller updates! I feel really bad whenever a bunch of related actions get put off or split up. I'm gonna stick with it a while and see what happens, though. Hopefully if I can raise the pace it'll dissuade both feelings of "I was ignored!", as well as feelings of "oh my god why is this taking so many updates".

I mean, unless I totally do end up ignoring something, or it takes Katia like two months to leave this room. Then those feelings will be warranted.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Lets at least try to get through this single night in 2015

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Never mind Rajirra is absolutely going to take the reward by pretending Katia is dead now that the fighting has died down and then running off with it before Katia can get out of the room. "Lol, oh well, your problem," says shopkeep. "Also you have to pay for the scroll still."

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Going to be so disappointed if Rajirra takes any or all of the reward, can't she have a untainted win already?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Going to be so disappointed if Rajirra takes any or all of the reward, can't she have a untainted win already?
Again, you must not have been reading...

• Locked thread