Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

And on the rebidding, the submissions were the following:

Jato, down to $1 this time.

$3, imgay.

$8, DoggPickle.

MMM in at $9.

A three-way tie for $10! Chic Trombone, garthoneeye, and Strong Mouse are in for $10!

But...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

AnonymousNarcotics went up for $12.

Beaten only by her rival in anonymity, AnAnonymousIdiot! He bid $17!

Here's his prize!!!

Daww, it's a pony!

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

That pony was VERY popular, definitely the most heavily sought after item for the night. Who knew?

Our next item,

Letters from home. The top six bidders will receive a personalized message written to them by a friend or viewer of this game.

You have 5 minutes to send me a bid.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

The following bids were accepted for a letter from home:

$4 - AnonymousNarcotics
$4 - MMM
$5 - Strong Mouse
$8 - DoggPickle
$10 - garthoneeye
$10 - Jato

imgay, with a bid of $3, fell short of the mark. :cry:

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Here's an item some players may like:

"A clue to the Hidden Immunity Idol"

You may now send in your private bids for the next five minutes.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

The following bids were received:

$3, imgay

$7, MMM

$8, AnonymousNarcotics...

and, squeaking in with a bid just under the wire................

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

$10, from Chic Trombone.

This auction is over. You may now communicate normally.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I GOT A loving SQUID

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

I WANTED THAT drat PONY

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
Okay, I honestly don't understand how my $8 was lost, although it was useless in the long wrong, it was a non-winning tie?? So where did my last $8 go?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I still don't know what I won

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
Welp. I still have some money, but at least I got something.

Did Chic have $10? She spent $2 in the first round, and $10 in the 6th

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I had to pm fast luck my home address, he said my prize will be mailed to me and I can't know what it is.

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
I'm an idiot. I put the wrong person down in my spreadsheet

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

imgay posted:

I had to pm fast luck my home address, he said my prize will be mailed to me and I can't know what it is.

it's flint

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

:ssh:

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
You guys had spreadsheets?? I just bif on EVERYTHING as high as I could. hahahahah

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

DoggPickle posted:

Okay, I honestly don't understand how my $8 was lost, although it was useless in the long wrong, it was a non-winning tie?? So where did my last $8 go?
All top six people won the letters, as was stated would happen!

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Tribal Council on Wednesday.

I had a crazy idea, since people didn't like Thursday for a challenge...

Is it possible we can hold the challenge right after the Tribal? It will be one of the shorter ones so far.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Challenge after tribal is fine with me.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Fast Luck posted:

Tribal Council on Wednesday.

I had a crazy idea, since people didn't like Thursday for a challenge...

Is it possible we can hold the challenge right after the Tribal? It will be one of the shorter ones so far.

VERY ORIGINAL IDEA FLUCK

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Good! Tribal Council 6pm EST on Wednesday. It'll end at 7PM with a challenge immediately following.

Then I expect a layoff for awhile, possibly until Monday for the following TC.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Woah bill bye the science guy on Netflix now

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

Hey survivor friends. I probably won't be at a computer for the tribal but will do my best to phonepost. Was in an accident this morning - nobody was hurt luckily but my car hosed up pretty bad and I'm gonna run out to a body shop to have it checked out. My driver's side door won't open and I feel like an idiot crawling across to the passenger door to get out of the car. :downs:

Anyway I'll do my best to be back here before the challenge starts.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

:stare:

take it easy my friend

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
That SUCKS Jato. I'm really sorry. Also I have done the crawling out the passenger side thing, but that's because the door was just POS broken. :classiclol: SO I know how you feel.

I was gonna post this, it's a little different now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6QZn9xiuOE

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Sexy Swole tribe, welcome to Tribal Council. This is your first time together as a merged tribe. Tonight, this experience may be a bit different, because all of you will be participating in Tribal Council. However, most things remain the same. The person with the most votes will have their torch snuffed, and when your torch goes out, so do your chances of claiming victory and the $75 grand prize.

During tribal council, you will NOT be permitted any outside communication with each other. You may only speak within the confines of the thread. We’re here tonight to have a conversation that will help you decide who you want to vote out of this game.

Similarly, if you are not involved in this Tribal Council, I ask you not to post in the thread during this time.

Once again, I am going to begin with some questions. They could be directed specifically to you, or they could be questions for everyone. I want you to answer the questions that apply to you. I may ask a follow-up question or two. In addition to answering my questions, if you are at Tribal, you are free to communicate, in thread, with each other as much as you'd like.

When you have given me sufficient responses, I will place a ✓ next to your name below, indicating you are approved to send me your vote. You may send your vote any time from that point until Tribal Council closes at 7:00PM. There may be no need to wait until then, or you may want to see what else happens in Tribal before submitting. Once I have received all votes, or once we hit the deadline, I will begin posting the results. If you do not submit a valid vote, your vote will be counted against yourself.

So, let’s get to it.

✓AnAnonymousIdiot, ✓AnonymousNarcotics, ✓Chic Trombone, ✓garthoneeye, ✓imgay, ✓Jato, ✓MMM, Rurea, ✓Strong Mouse... One of you will be going home tonight. You cannot vote for ✓DoggPickle, who purchased immunity in the auction.

Questions for everyone
Last Tribal Council, "original" Swole held 4 votes and "original" Sexy players held 3. Nevertheless, it was a Swole player who was sent home. We now have people reunited who were together on day one, and we also have people that have been together since the shuffle. How do all these relationships blend together to form the alliances that will dictate this vote?

Question for Chic Trombone, DoggPickle, garthoneeye, Rurea
You are the survivors of a tribe that was forced to eat itself. By reaching the merge, have you found temporary salvation? Or is being down in numbers going to keep you on the chopping block?

Question for Strong Mouse, imgay
You both received votes last Tribal. Have you determined who put your name down last time, and are you concerned your name could come back up again?

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 23:39 on May 20, 2015

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Fast Luck posted:

Questions for everyone
Last Tribal Council, "original" Swole held 4 votes and "original" Sexy players held 3. Nevertheless, it was a Swole player who was sent home. We now have people reunited who were together on day one, and we also have people that have been together since the shuffle. How do all these relationships blend together to form the alliances that will dictate this vote?

This vote is really confusing jeff. I really wish we had more time to figure it out. I genuinely still don't know who to vote for.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

This vote is really confusing jeff. I really wish we had more time to figure it out. I genuinely still don't know who to vote for.
Do you think anyone does know? Have you been told any names or led any campaigns of your own?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

quote:

Last tribal we started thinking ahead about who would be our strongest competitors come merge. Circl, imgay, and strong mouse were all candidates for this reason. In this tribal, I'm hoping super sexy will stick together and a former swolie will go home.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Questions for everyone

Hey Jeff, how you doing tonight? Since the merge it has been nice to talk to a few people I haven't really had a chance to talk to for a few weeks. If there has been new alliances made, I'm not part of them so that really spooksville. Wish I'd have been more proactive in talking to all the people since the merge, but I'm a slacker.

You both received votes last Tribal. Have you determined who put your name down last time, and are you concerned your name could come back up again?

Um, based on the text from last tribal, Jato said he voted me because I don't quote. As seen here, I'm also not quoting, so his reasoning may in fact continue to vote me tonight. I think my name is in contention since I've been a bit out of the loop. Between you and me, Jeff, I'm real happy about getting Steve Harvey to host our family fued challenge. Thank you for giving me that kindness.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Questions for everyone

It almost feels like we're starting all over again. I've tried my best to talk to everyone and get a feel for where everyone's head is at. I think tonight's vote is going to come down on who has made an effort to establish relationships and who hasn't.

You are the survivors of a tribe that was forced to eat itself. By reaching the merge, have you found temporary salvation? Or is being down in numbers going to keep you on the chopping block?

I was really afraid coming into the merge that we would be slowly picked off. But, now I think we have the opportunity to work with more people and create new bonds. I feel that previous tribal ties have been cast away. Which is reassuring when we were the smaller Ultra tribe.

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!

Fast Luck posted:

Questions for everyone

Right now, I really don't know how most of the votes are going to fall. I think most people are trying to figure out where their alliances lie right now and I don't think anybody is sure what will happen tonight.

quote:

I don't know who put my name down last week, and it scared me a little bit when I saw it come up. I am very concerned that my name could come up again. People seem to think I'm a strong player and want to get rid of me now instead of waiting... maybe? That is the feeling I've gotten from talking to other people. I never realized I was a strong player in the first place.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Last tribal we started thinking ahead about who would be our strongest competitors come merge. Circl, imgay, and strong mouse were all candidates for this reason. In this tribal, I'm hoping super sexy will stick together and a former swolie will go home.
Whoa! This is the sort of stuff Jeff loves to see come out in Tribal Council.

Follow-up question for imgay, Strong Mouse, Rurea, Chic, DoggPickle, and garth:

Comments? At least some of you are now officially named targets, and if not you, it could be someone from your bloc. Is this something you didn't know? Do you have this under control?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Fast Luck posted:

Do you think anyone does know? Have you been told any names or led any campaigns of your own?

I've heard a bunch of names, but the problem is that I've heard too many.

Rurea's name has been tossed around but I don't even know if he's been around for these last few days

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!

Fast Luck posted:

This wasn't really directed towards me, but... I think most people have a couple of competitors they are thinking of voting, and are waiting to see how things pan out during tribal. Unlike last tribal, I didn't really have the time to do any campaigns to keep people voting for me, so I really hope that doesn't come to bite me.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Strong Mouse posted:

I don't know who put my name down last week, and it scared me a little bit when I saw it come up. I am very concerned that my name could come up again. People seem to think I'm a strong player and want to get rid of me now instead of waiting... maybe? That is the feeling I've gotten from talking to other people. I never realized I was a strong player in the first place.
Kind of a repeat of my previous post, but what's your response to the argument that you're too big a threat to be kept around?

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Fast Luck posted:

Questions for everyone

I'd say that we'd be in a sweeping epic of drama, lust, ambition, pride, and mind-crippling fear; it's like the third act of James Clavell's Shogun. We feel each and every one of us the sudden closeness that occurs when the end is in sight, even if it's a halfway point. For those who feel that have not been present as others, this may be their swan song playing as it seems that while we are trying to move on, we are still holding onto outmoded ideas. Right now, we've settled into Three Kingdoms, and by the end of this all will suffer our wrath. Only time will tell if these budding alliances may settle in this game of Mice and Mystics.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

I'd say that we'd be in a sweeping epic of drama, lust, ambition, pride, and mind-crippling fear; it's like the third act of James Clavell's Shogun. We feel each and every one of us the sudden closeness that occurs when the end is in sight, even if it's a halfway point. For those who feel that have not been present as others, this may be their swan song playing as it seems that while we are trying to move on, we are still holding onto outmoded ideas. Right now, we've settled into Three Kingdoms, and by the end of this all will suffer our wrath. Only time will tell if these budding alliances may settle in this game of Mice and Mystics.
Do you think one might say, "The game is afoot"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

Fast Luck posted:

Questions for everyone

I think I am speaking for the 4 OG swole who were on the other side, that we had no FREAKING IDEA what was going on, and we've been apart longer than we've been together. We made a pretty silly just nodding kind of deal that we'd stick together as Swole, and we held up our end, and nobody bit the apple. Then the other tribe voted out an OG SWole and we were merged almost immediately. That is a heck of an info dump when you get 10 people coming at you with all different stories!

I got freaking LUCKY AS HELL and I'm not ashamed to admit it. I am very VERY happy that I won the necklace at the auction. It was still based on luck. If MMM hadn't traded that one prize (the necklace) he would have had it, but I also think that I did do a good job with my bidding amounts and managed to not tie, without overspending, so I could still bid on things like the letters from home for everybody (cuz I don't have a forums buddy at all) and win that, plus I could still keep bidding my leftovers on anything else. I am obviously not scared "TONIGHT" and I think I'm ok, but it's survivor so I would be like total crazypants if I wasn't worried.

If you're gonna win an immunity, this was the one to have. Because it is honestly pretty crazy right now and I DO NOT KNOW what is going to happen.

Also thank you so much for my letter from home! I didn't really expect to get one, and that was really nice and fun and you would be shocked how much that gives a random stranger a boost in a silly game, and I'm much appreciate that someone took the time to do it :dance:

• Locked thread