Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
if the who's my generation was written today it wouldn't be a statement about the cultural differences between the youth and the old, but rather the random level generation in a rogue like like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byde
Apr 15, 2013

by Lowtax

Nasgate posted:

Don't forget that Black Rhinos have almost gone extinct on our watch.

Personally I think it's admirable. At this point it's impossible to change course, just delay the inevitable. So millenials are just charging towards the end at max speed.

The same can be said of our unhealthy lifestyle.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
All generations are as lovely as all other generations, human beings can be quantified as the wet fart of the planet earth. If we could train domesticated animals to play and develop video games, we wouldn't even be necessary anymore.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

lol there are loving cave paintings complaining about 'young people nowadays'

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Millenials are going to wind up being the new generation of ultra conservatives. Instead of banning videogames over satan worship like ultra conservatives of old, they're going to use other things to ban them like rape.

Millenial fathers will yell at their children to turn those games off because they're triggering their mother, and if they don't they're going to get beaten with the free range musk rat leather belt.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 06:03 on May 19, 2015

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Any recommendations for strategy games for 4 people that aren't high-APM RTS?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

StashAugustine posted:

Try one of the numerious board games like Settlers of Catan, because you're not going to find any videogames like that.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

The Taint Reaper posted:

Try one of the numerious board games like Settlers of Catan, because you're not going to find any videogames like that.

That's pretty much what I figured, time to teach everyone I know A Distant Plain

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

The Taint Reaper posted:

Millenials are going to wind up being the new generation of ultra conservatives. Instead of banning videogames over satan worship like ultra conservatives of old, they're going to use other things to ban them like rape.

Millenial fathers will yell at their children to turn those games off because they're triggering their mother, and if they don't they're going to get beaten with the free range musk rat leather belt.

i see you as a snl character at this point. its a dinner party, and everyone is in the middle of the living room having a conversation. your character comes into frame from the bottom, says a line, and then someone responds to you and you reap their taint. then everyone else in the scene turns to the camera and says "taint reap again"

it would be really funny, and "taint reap again" would become the new "more cowbell"

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

StashAugustine posted:

Age of Wonders 3 is extremely fun. Either on teams or free for all. It can be played by email too if you want to take it slow.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I think millenials are cool.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

The Taint Reaper posted:

nobody is talking about rape in games or has been for several months, perhaps you meant to make this post after david cage releases his next game?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Hog Inspector posted:

nobody is talking about rape in games or has been for several months, perhaps you meant to make this post after david cage releases his next game?

I think you're playing the wrong game......of thrones.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

this is a very strange tangent and I'm going to leave you to explore it in your own special way. best of luck.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

taint raped again

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

The Taint Reaper posted:

Millenials are going to wind up being the new generation of ultra conservatives.

i'm pretty sure the current new generation of ultra conservatives are already in the process of becoming the new generation of ultra conservatives and it's mostly young libertarians and the exact kind of people who crow about political correctness gone mad, not the people you're talking about; i'd say they're exactly like old conservatives except without religious faith as a tenuous explanation for why they hate women and queers, but apparently gavin mcinnes discovered christ after becoming a father so who knows anymore

this post is too real and gay itt

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
I like to play the game where you sex the woman. It substitutes itself for my real life. It is shameful but i have no penis.

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

Can't wait for that Wachowski version of Killer7 on Netflix

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Zombies' Downfall posted:

i'm pretty sure the current new generation of ultra conservatives are already in the process of becoming the new generation of ultra conservatives and it's mostly young libertarians and the exact kind of people who crow about political correctness gone mad, not the people you're talking about; i'd say they're exactly like old conservatives except without religious faith as a tenuous explanation for why they hate women and queers, but apparently gavin mcinnes discovered christ after becoming a father so who knows anymore

this post is too real and gay itt

serious advice: calm down and stop jumping to assign labels to every little intrinsic type of person based on what they do with their lives and what their political views are

many people should do this

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 10:02 on May 19, 2015

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The Taint Reaper posted:

You heard it here first folks; no matter what your political ideology, banning videogames makes you an ultra conservative.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
The whole Konami situation just disgusts me, it's Irem all over again.
"Hey, you know all those games we made that you liked? gently caress those we're making pachinko poo poo."

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

CJacobs posted:

serious advice: calm down and stop jumping to assign labels to every little intrinsic type of person based on what they do with their lives and what their political views are

many people should do this

I understand the gist of your post but am confused about why you specifically picked mine and not any of the ones talking about the things millennials do

because if ever there were meaningless labels that don't actually describe anything about a person, generations are it

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Your post had the most political buzzwords in it that I could see, but I guess my statement does apply in general too

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I'm glad that people read my post, decided it was sincere, and are having a serious generational discussion.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'm glad that people read my post, decided it was sincere, and are having a serious generational discussion.

Zombies' Downfall posted:

FAU please put a trigger warning on that post

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

KaosMachina posted:

The whole Konami situation just disgusts me, it's Irem all over again.
"Hey, you know all those games we made that you liked? gently caress those we're making pachinko poo poo."

Konami is catering to the elderly.

They're the only types of people I have ever seen who seriously play pachinko. There was some breakdown diagram showing why pachinko is the ultimate game for old people or something. Like old people whoa re afflicted with serious ailments or physical disabilities love to play it because it's the only thing they can do.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 11:36 on May 19, 2015

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
just loving game, people

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

VideoGames posted:

just loving game, people

Would love to, but Konami took away my Metal gear and Suikoden.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

The Taint Reaper posted:

Would love to, but Konami took away my Metal gear and Suikoden.

there are thousands of games. please pick another

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

VideoGames posted:

there are thousands of games. please pick another

Pshh yeah right like what, huh smart guy?

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

VideoGames posted:

just loving game, people

im loving around with GTAV mods
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nqcL0mjMjw

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I played PT for the first time the other day and while the novelty quickly wears off when you hit the last loop and are trying to figure out whatever arcane combination of actions involving counting steps and singing vaudeville standards into the mic will trigger the ending while a ghost occasionally jerky-runs at you it is pretty good and it's a shame we'll never see a full game that is just being a ghost detective in a series of creatively-designed haunted houses with that level of visual detail

Konami is bad for canceling that too even if Silent Hills probably would have been comparatively boring and too much like a conventional game

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
phew ive been gaming pretty hard this month. even skipped a work out just to game. maybe I should take it easy...

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

i mean, konami is a japanese company that makes gambling machines

theyre probably in with the yakuza, i doubt they give a gently caress about video games

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

CJacobs posted:

Pshh yeah right like what, huh smart guy?

radium cannot cope with me listing all the games, i am sorry

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Jon Do posted:

i mean, konami is a japanese company that makes gambling machines

theyre probably in with the yakuza, i doubt they give a gently caress about video games

It's hard to play videogames with several digits cut off.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

FactsAreUseless posted:

FactsAreUselessed again :argh:

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Are there any modern games like the Wing Commander series? I feel like I want to shoot things with a space jet. Alternatively is there anywhere to get the 3rd or 4th ones from the series?

Funky See Funky Do fucked around with this message at 13:40 on May 19, 2015

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Are there any modern games like the Wing Commander series? I feel like I want to shoot things with a space jet. Alternatively is there anywhere to get the 3rd or 4th ones from the series?

Star Citizen

GOG.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

The Taint Reaper posted:

Star Citizen

GOG.com

IDK what Star Citizen is but something about those two words put together makes me uneasy. Found both the 3rd and 4th on Origin though!

• Locked thread