Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Airfoil
Sep 10, 2013

I'm a rocket man
Nice of CDPR to lip sync to English.

Unless they actually have different sync for different languages, which would be awesome but a crazy amount of work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Manatee Cannon posted:

If you whistle for Roach while you're looking at him, he'll disappear and reappear behind you

Also I've killed everything so, unless I wanna wait until things start respawning, I guess I just don't get my second emerald dust :(

If it's the same as Witcher 2, stuff respawns every 24 hours so you can just meditate until the next day - it's how I farmed endrega teeth for a sword. Granted I don't know how quick waiting time passes in this one though.

Captain Spoon
Oct 26, 2007

Not actually silverware.

Rukus posted:

Not caring for Dandelion's new voice actor at all. Why'd they make him all gruff sounding?

I assumed that the story is being recounted by Dandelion as an old man.

Also, a bit of advice to those experiencing crashes: if the game minimizes, don't hit f5 and try to salvage your progress. Doing so totally deleted my previous quicksave.

Captain Spoon fucked around with this message at 07:50 on May 19, 2015

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I'm barely out of the tutorial but it has been a much better first impression than Witcher 2 so far. I don't think I ever left the first city in that one.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
Wow this game is good. Getting around 30-40fps with big dips only during some cutscenes or when theres a lot of heavy effects on my 660 Ti with everything on High and a few things on ultra but no Hairworks

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
Game is incredible. It is occasionally hardlocking *in the menus* though, which is weird.

Running dual 970s in SLI with the updated nVidia drivers. Anyone have ideas?

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Meditating a day or so brings your beard back. :v: It actually took me off guard, I knew it was gonna grow back, but not that quickly.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

Aurain posted:

I was wrong about my computer probably being able to run it despite only being a tier below on the GPU. Stuttery, ugly and makes it run super hot. I'll pick up the PS4 version some day when it's cheap.

It's a GTX 560 for reference so if you're checking the thread wondering and have that card, skip it!

Well, guess that 960 I ordered just now will be needed.

PantsandCola
Aug 17, 2013

you did good... you did good
These hair physics really gently caress up the fps. Didn't think I could get 50-60 fps on Ultra until i turned off hairworks.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Lord Lambeth posted:

I really apreciate that CDProjekt made a useful horse. Not like DA:I

My dumb rear end hole horse regularly spawns inside a fenced in area, spins in a circle for awhile, then tramples some random farmer. It's funny but it wastes a lot of time.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

My dumb rear end hole horse regularly spawns inside a fenced in area, spins in a circle for awhile, then tramples some random farmer. It's funny but it wastes a lot of time.

Still better than Dragon Age's horse.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
Game seems great so far.

But how long has it been since Witcher 2 and what has Geralt been doing? Because W2 ends with Triss and Geralt being like "we're gonna go find Yennifer and Ciri now" but this one starts with Geralt and Vesemir hanging out killing monsters for at least 6 months.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
My name is Geralt of Rivia, and not only am I the worst witcher in the world, but I may also be the worst horseback rider in the world.
But if you ignore my issues, my horse is a great witcher when he's not photobombing cutscenes by standing around not giving a poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQE79-VQu84

In all seriousness I think I may need to bump difficulty up to Death March because I haven't encountered anything I couldn't kill in one go yet.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Are there any reports out there yet of it running on a 750ti?

e: It looks like this guy is running it on an i3 and a 750ti and it looks pretty drat good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bewyyjNvqYE

At 1080p and medium-high settings he's getting a reasonably consistent 30fps. If I can get 1080p and a locked 30 by turning a couple of things down, I'm happy with that.

Bardeh fucked around with this message at 08:20 on May 19, 2015

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

zen death robot posted:

Do the driver cleaner thing I posted, and then reinstall the latest drivers for your card (assuming PC)

Did that, didn't help, but probably because I wasn't specific. By crash I mean constant hard freezes in menus. Game is neat but this is basically unplayable.

Edit: Googled the problem and saw this, trying it out now, will report back with findings. "For those who are experiencing freezing in your inventory or cutscenes try setting Witcher 3 to prefer maximum performance in the Nvidia control panel. You have to go into manage 3d settings, its under the program settings tab. Some guy named BrotherJayne mentioned the fix in the Witcher forums. I've been goofing around in my inventory for 10 minutes so far and no crash yet. Tell me if it works for you."

Failboattootoot fucked around with this message at 08:29 on May 19, 2015

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I wonder what the difference between the choices after killing the griffin are? It wasn't that big a deal.

Catsplosion
Aug 19, 2007

I am become Dwarf, the destroyer of cats.

Verranicus posted:

Would you rather it look like the 2013 trailers and not be able to play it?

I wasn't moaning. If you actually read the post slowly instead of jumping to conclusions you would have inferred that I assumed the game would look like it does anyway.

The trailers were too far of a leap in graphical improvement. It's like every assassins creed 'gameplay' trailer.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
So I downloaded GoG Galaxy, but forgot to change the install directory to my HDD before I clicked install, and there wasn't enough space on my SSD. I then changed the directory in Galaxy settings, but it's still saying 'not enough space'. So I uninstalled the Galaxy client and reinstalled it onto the HDD, now Galaxy won't start at all.

Next stop was the GoG Downloader, but no games are showing up in it at all for some reason, and Google isn't helping. My last choice is to just download it manually from the GoG website, but it's so much slower and cumbersome to do it this way. It would have been nice for them to iron out all these kinks in their stuff before such a major release. :sigh:

e: OK I got it fixed by reinstalling Galaxy back onto the SSD and changing the install directory, and deleting some temp files from my Users folder.

Bardeh fucked around with this message at 08:48 on May 19, 2015

SkyEnzo
Mar 8, 2015

No time for the old in-out, love, I've just come to read the meter.
Im still waiting on my free code from nvidia. Wish I could bloody play it.

Silentgoldfish
Nov 5, 2008
Where do you go to change hairstyles? I've gotten out of the prologue and into no man's land.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
This game really is great. I'm finding myself just walking the roads and getting lost in the atmosphere on my way to destinations.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Bardeh posted:

So I downloaded GoG Galaxy, but forgot to change the install directory to my HDD before I clicked install, and there wasn't enough space on my SSD. I then changed the directory in Galaxy settings, but it's still saying 'not enough space'. So I uninstalled the Galaxy client and reinstalled it onto the HDD, now Galaxy won't start at all.

Next stop was the GoG Downloader, but no games are showing up in it at all for some reason, and Google isn't helping. My last choice is to just download it manually from the GoG website, but it's so much slower and cumbersome to do it this way. It would have been nice for them to iron out all these kinks in their stuff before such a major release. :sigh:

e: OK I got it fixed by reinstalling Galaxy back onto the SSD and changing the install directory, and deleting some temp files from my Users folder.

Generally the "Out of Space" errors in Galaxy I believe were caused by Galaxy not having admin rights to install anywhere but C:\GOG\.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Failboattootoot posted:

Did that, didn't help, but probably because I wasn't specific. By crash I mean constant hard freezes in menus. Game is neat but this is basically unplayable.

Edit: Googled the problem and saw this, trying it out now, will report back with findings. "For those who are experiencing freezing in your inventory or cutscenes try setting Witcher 3 to prefer maximum performance in the Nvidia control panel. You have to go into manage 3d settings, its under the program settings tab. Some guy named BrotherJayne mentioned the fix in the Witcher forums. I've been goofing around in my inventory for 10 minutes so far and no crash yet. Tell me if it works for you."

I'll definitely try that. I won't get a chance to play more until tomorrow evening, but I was getting the freezes strictly in inventory/loot screens, I'll let people know if this helps me.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
I think the Geralt controls like rear end. Always taking forever to speed up and slow down. Impossible to do slight movement without having to run in a circle beforehand.

Also the game keeps crashing whenever I read stuff in the inventory. I think it has something to do with flagging for quests, or receiving items (recipes of some sort) or bestiary stuff. Usually something that would be accompanied by big text showing up on the left side of the screen when you would resume the game.

Still looking for another emerald dust somewhere in the open world. gently caress paying 600 crowns for that.

Also no loving quickload. What the hell?

GuyCastle
Jun 24, 2000

Silentgoldfish posted:

Where do you go to change hairstyles? I've gotten out of the prologue and into no man's land.

I'd like to know that too. Haven't fought the griffin yet but Geralt's beard is starting to get pretty long.

Cascade Failure
Jan 8, 2010
So I'm currently playing through TW2 again to get a save to import over to three, can anyone spoil me as to what (if any) equipment gets carried over when importing a save game? Kinda want to just speed through and not waste time grinding for the chapter three dark equipment set and whatnot if it's not gonna carry over. Also does Geralt keep the tattoo, didn't see a mention in the op..

Orv
May 4, 2011
The two barbers I know of are in Oxenfurt and Novigrad. Oxenfurt is down near the shore on the bridge side of town, Novigrad I couldn't give you anything more than south.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
That thing I posted earlier seems to have solved my problem, so if you are having hard locks in the menus you may want to give it a shot.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Cascade Failure posted:

So I'm currently playing through TW2 again to get a save to import over to three, can anyone spoil me as to what (if any) equipment gets carried over when importing a save game? Kinda want to just speed through and not waste time grinding for the chapter three dark equipment set and whatnot if it's not gonna carry over. Also does Geralt keep the tattoo, didn't see a mention in the op..

I don't think any equipment ports over. I could be wrong, though.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Silentgoldfish posted:

GuyCastle posted:

I'd like to know that too. Haven't fought the griffin yet but Geralt's beard is starting to get pretty long.

You have to leave White Orchid. There is one in Novigrad at least.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

No equipment ports over, there would be no reason for it.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Anyone have any experience running this on a 560ti? I was quite happy with how it ran GTA V on low-medium settings despite some stuttering when driving fast, but i dunno this game seems to have a lot of foliage.

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

Broose posted:

Also no loving quickload. What the hell?

F8, child.

Arthe Xavier
Apr 22, 2007

Artificial Stupidity
I really need to finish Witcher 2 before I start this, right?

I am so bad at finishing games. :smith:

Catsplosion
Aug 19, 2007

I am become Dwarf, the destroyer of cats.
I'm sure this has been posted but does anybody know how you receive the temerian armour set from the DLC?

Edit: gently caress, I am not reading a book again until that crash is fixed.

Catsplosion fucked around with this message at 09:32 on May 19, 2015

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Bardeh posted:

Are there any reports out there yet of it running on a 750ti?

e: It looks like this guy is running it on an i3 and a 750ti and it looks pretty drat good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bewyyjNvqYE

At 1080p and medium-high settings he's getting a reasonably consistent 30fps. If I can get 1080p and a locked 30 by turning a couple of things down, I'm happy with that.

I was nervous about this too because I have a brand new i5, an SSD and eight gigs of RAM but I had to replace my graphics card with a 750Ti last year so I didn't upgrade it. I'll be able to get to it after work but I am hoping for 1080p + medium settings + 40 fps.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Pansacola posted:

These hair physics really gently caress up the fps. Didn't think I could get 50-60 fps on Ultra until i turned off hairworks.

When did you buy your GPU? Nvidia's guide mentioned that pre-Maxwell GPUs take like 4x more performance hit from Hairworks than Maxwell.

Arthe Xavier posted:

I really need to finish Witcher 2 before I start this, right?

I am so bad at finishing games. :smith:

Witcher 2's third act is pretty short.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
I find groups of enemies are really kicking my rear end, since everything tends to kill me in 3 hits. Controls are really clunky for me. Any tips on how to deal with them? Ye olde spam spacebar isn't as effective as it used to be.

Gonna reroll with one of the imported saves after work today.

GuyCastle
Jun 24, 2000

Orv posted:

The two barbers I know of are in Oxenfurt and Novigrad. Oxenfurt is down near the shore on the bridge side of town, Novigrad I couldn't give you anything more than south.

Thanks for the answers, should've known I needed to progress further.

Catsplosion posted:

I'm sure this has been posted but does anybody know how you receive the temerian armour set from the DLC?

As far as I know, you have to buy it from bram, the guy with the bowl cut you save from the griffin. He's in white orchid near the sign post. I haven't bought it though, the whole set is level 4 gear and costs about 650 orens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Antti posted:

I was nervous about this too because I have a brand new i5, an SSD and eight gigs of RAM but I had to replace my graphics card with a 750Ti last year so I didn't upgrade it. I'll be able to get to it after work but I am hoping for 1080p + medium settings + 40 fps.

I have the exact same specs as you, I'll let you know how it runs once the download has finished.