Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

beedeebee posted:

Is there a good skateboard game for PS4? There has to be a Skate 4 or something right?

They're making Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5, so we'll see how that goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

beedeebee posted:

Is there a good skateboard game for PS4? There has to be a Skate 4 or something right?

OlliOlli 2

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

So does Nobunaga's Ambition not have Debate-Fighting and different gameplay maps/screens for various political ranks? Because that was what really interested me in Rot3K

Well, Koei-Tecmo just announced Romance of the Three Kingdoms 13 for PS3, PS4, and PC. Maybe that will have it!

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Jamesman posted:

They're making Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5, so we'll see how that goes.

Except it's being made by the RIDE and Shred dev. Expectations are low. Skateboard games kinda peaked after Skate 3 really, I mean I love OlliOlli but it's not something I can play for hours and hours just skating around in like Skate was. Hopefully THPS5 is great and reignites the skateboard wars so we can get Skate 4.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Happy to report that Witcher 3 seems like a great game so far. Easily enough to get me to stop wishing I could play Rocket League for a few minutes.

I did not like Witcher 2.

SamBishop
Jan 10, 2003

oldpainless posted:

Could someone please buy me the witcher 3 please?

Sure, why not? PM me.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

^^^Ughh lucky. Won't be able to play for months.

If anyone wants to extend the offer to me... :3:

njsykora posted:

Except it's being made by the RIDE and Shred dev. Expectations are low. Skateboard games kinda peaked after Skate 3 really, I mean I love OlliOlli but it's not something I can play for hours and hours just skating around in like Skate was. Hopefully THPS5 is great and reignites the skateboard wars so we can get Skate 4.

Really don't be surprised if EA brings back Skate 4 either this year (announcement at e3) or after Pro Skater 5 comes out.

Skeezy fucked around with this message at 08:35 on May 19, 2015

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Skeezy posted:

Really don't be surprised if EA brings back Skate 4 either this year (announcement at e3) or after Pro Skater 5 comes out.

I don't think Skate was ever a particularly successful franchise for them; it had a cult following but they ended up putting that studio on a bad Need For Speed game and shutting them down/merging them into other studios not longer after :(

Then again, EA did bring back SSX for one last go-around, so maybe another Skate isn't out of the question. Though considering how poorly that last SSX did, I'm sure they're even less interested in resurrecting Skate...

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

I'm hoping for a renaissance of lovely extreme sports games like the PS2 era was full of. Give me dirt bikes and jetskis and scooters and BMX and painting the life back into the city with sick tricks and uhh monster trucks.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

BMX XXX 2

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

abraham linksys posted:

I don't think Skate was ever a particularly successful franchise for them; it had a cult following but they ended up putting that studio on a bad Need For Speed game and shutting them down/merging them into other studios not longer after :(

Then again, EA did bring back SSX for one last go-around, so maybe another Skate isn't out of the question. Though considering how poorly that last SSX did, I'm sure they're even less interested in resurrecting Skate...

The key here though is that EA recently reissued Skate 3 because a load of people suddenly started LPing it, apparently a quarter of its lifetime sales have been in the last 2 years even though it came out in 2010.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Sprat Sandwich posted:

I'm hoping for a renaissance of lovely extreme sports games like the PS2 era was full of. Give me dirt bikes and jetskis and scooters and BMX and painting the life back into the city with sick tricks and uhh monster trucks.

It'll never be the same without the rock, pop and punk music to back it :corsair:.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Hm...same as Witcher 2, I don't think 3's combat is precise enough for me to have a very good time on the higher difficulty levels.

So far it's doing a great job of transmitting the horror of war from a neutral perspective though. "War is awesome" games are a dime a dozen, but there are precious few "war is poo poo" games.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It'll never be the same without the rock, pop and punk music to back it :corsair:.

Just get a Now That's What I Call Music 50 CD and license all of it or something.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.

there should be a dave mirra remastered. None of this analog stick poo poo. I'm talking tekken 3 combos that translate into backflip tailwhips as i ride around as the slim jim dude

I_Socom
Jul 18, 2007

A great ride that requires finesse and effort to get the best out of it.

I just want a new SSX game. SSX 2012 owned, the soundtrack was great and there were lots of 10 minute runs for just cruising around.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
I never got into the Skate games, but I bought Skate 3 for my little brother and I loved seeing all the weird monstrosities that people created, like having huge towering ramps to jump off of.

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

Getting excited reading all this Witcher 3 talk. Cant wait to pick it up after work.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Something that Danny O'Dwyer pointed out that I hadn't noticed is how the promotional stuff talks around the fact that it is the third Witcher game. Like how commercials and trailers don't say "3," just using the Wild Hunt part. And while the box art has a III on it they kind of stylized it making it just look like part of the title design.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
ahhh witcher 3 seemed so sick for the few minutes I got to play last night. I'm stoked to get home tonight and really dig into it. Also I apologize in advance for doing all my witcher posting in here instead of the witcher thread but literally 3/4ths of the posts on the page I clicked to were people talking about their framerates/drivers/graphics settings/video cards with literally no mention whatsoever of the actual game, lol

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

pcgaming.txt

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That's literally any game with a PC release and if it doesn't you get a ton of posts going "when is it coming out on PC?"

I've been messing around with Race the Sun and while it can be fun, they really do gate too many abilities behind the level system.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Is there a consensus on which software is best for using your PS4 pad on PC?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Gunder posted:

Do you need any? I thought most games would recognize it automatically if you hooked it up via USB or paired it with bluetooth

Gunder
May 22, 2003

goferchan posted:

Do you need any? I thought most games would recognize it automatically if you hooked it up via USB or paired it with bluetooth

I assumed you'd require some special software to translate things like vibration, the touchpad etc. It's not like Microsoft ever updated Windows to include native support for it, the way they did with the 360 pad.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Gunder posted:

I really like DS4windows.

Dr Sun Try
May 23, 2009

Plaster Town Cop

Gunder posted:

http://ds4windows.com/
The DS4 gets recognized as a generic gamepad; you need a wrapper (like ds4windows) so that games will recognize it as a XBox360 pad and to get the touchpad to work.

https://inputmapper.com/
is another popular one, but I'm used to DS4windows and had no reason to upgrade in months

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
I have a lot of trouble reading text on screen in some games, most drecently in the Witcher. I have a 40 inch 1080p TV, what gives? Any way to fix this with system settings or am I boned?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Perhaps you should invest in some glasses.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

causticBeet posted:

I have a lot of trouble reading text on screen in some games, most drecently in the Witcher. I have a 40 inch 1080p TV, what gives? Any way to fix this with system settings or am I boned?

I had the same experience... I can't fire it up right now to check but I know there's a "Large HUD" option in the menus, maybe that will help? Unless it already defaulted to the large HUD...... in that case I guess I'm scooting closer to the TV :smith:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The only system setting that would affect that is to make sure the console is actually outputting 1080p I guess? Is that even a setting any more?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

haveblue posted:

The only system setting that would affect that is to make sure the console is actually outputting 1080p I guess? Is that even a setting any more?

Yes, you can adjust the resolution the console outputs to the TV. I believe it is in the Display settings.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Did anyone buy the pool game from the flash sale? yeah it's bare bones but it's a good game when you just want to chill

revolther
May 27, 2008

big mean giraffe posted:

I don't think Rocket League or Bloodborne are UT2003 mods.
Rocket League started off as a vehicle soccer mod, and bu-wha-oh, I see what you did there.

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

I have found precisely zero things to help get rid of a CE-32753-0 error. I'm just trying to update COD Advanced Warfare and it keeps saying "could not download" - everything I find online says I'm using invalid characters, like quotation marks, in the title of the video I'm uploading... but I'm not uploading a video... or I should try to 'rebuild the database' or some poo poo, which I've already done twice, still nothing. Internet connection is fine. Help?

Friar Zucchini fucked around with this message at 18:21 on May 19, 2015

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

Friar Zucchini posted:

I have found precisely zero things to help get rid of a CE-32753-0 error. I'm just trying to update COD Advanced Warfare and it keeps saying "could not download" - everything I find online says I'm using invalid characters, like quotation marks, in the title of the video I'm uploading... but I'm not uploading a video... or I should try to 'rebuild the database' or some poo poo, which I've already done twice, still nothing. Internet connection is fine. Help?

Try a wired internet connection if you haven't already, my wireless got screwy a few months in and I'd get weird errors about stuff.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Anyone willing to let me share play witcher 3? I'm really curious about the game.

EDIT: Rocket League owns so hard. Last ten seconds, down by one and I put us in overtime (where we won the game)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbSIjxwavi8

Donovan Trip fucked around with this message at 20:50 on May 19, 2015

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

goferchan posted:

ahhh witcher 3 seemed so sick for the few minutes I got to play last night. I'm stoked to get home tonight and really dig into it. Also I apologize in advance for doing all my witcher posting in here instead of the witcher thread but literally 3/4ths of the posts on the page I clicked to were people talking about their framerates/drivers/graphics settings/video cards with literally no mention whatsoever of the actual game, lol

I don't understand why there's a main thread for a game, and then a thread for dirty console peasants. Why not a main thread for discussing the game, and then a seperate thread for bitching about the game not working on your PC?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Broseph Brostar posted:

I don't understand why there's a main thread for a game, and then a thread for dirty console peasants. Why not a main thread for discussing the game, and then a seperate thread for bitching about the game not working on your PC?

because pc gamers would cross post in both to maximize their chances of getting a hot tip to make tress fx work at 60fps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Do PS4 Witcher 3 players feel cool with the story/characters? Like should Witcher 2 be played first?

• Locked thread